• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Same, and 2018 was incredibly consequential for Florida. Whatever apathy I have voting for President, I have none voting for local elections. That disaster of election results, delayed ballots, missing ballots and even multiple people I know having their ballots thrown out told me that I should make permanent plans to leave Florida. Until then, I'm voting in person and crossing every T and sitting every I in person.
I only moved here in the last 4 years, and even knowing as an outside observer what it was like politically did not prepare me for how frustrating it is here especially, as you pointed out, after what transpired here during and after the 2018 election.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I only moved here in the last 4 years, and even knowing as an outside observer what it was like politically did not prepare me for how frustrating it is here especially, as you pointed out, after what transpired here during and after the 2018 election.

I wish I could be back in New York and not have any struggles trying to vote. At least, compared to Florida.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
projects.fivethirtyeight.com

2020 Election Forecast

Latest forecast of the 2020 presidential election between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

538 has Trump down to a 20% chance on the forecast, the lowest so far.

I'll be voting in person Friday (IL here).

is there any way to compare 2016 to current polling averages? Would be nice to see what 2016 was looking like nationally and state by state on 10/1.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As a MA resident I wish my vote were as influential and important as some of yours. But anyways, let's do this.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Voted by drop box today... was a little nervous at first, but had a friend tell me about the process a bit more so I was comfortable.

You sign up for an account with NJ, it had all of my previous voter information in it. Once the ballot is picked up and marked as received, it will appear in my account as received and then it will let me know when it's counted. Just being able to know that I could check if there was an issue made me way more comfortable dropping it off.

My plan was to do in person, but I read that it would be a provisional ballot that way, so I'm not fucking around.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
screenshot_2020-10-01svk0t.png

Yesss. Ballot finally got sent out here in Florida. Going to vote so fucking hard, let's fucking go.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
We're at 3.1 million ballots cast; stats from reporting states:

statsylkbz.png

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing whatever republican voters that are voting for Biden are probably also more likely to vote early. It would be really interesting to see the actual vote counts even though we would never be able to see them

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Absentee ballots for me and several friends here in GA are indicated as having been issued on 9/18, but none of us have as yet received any. Is it normal for it to take this long?

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing things are really going to start to pickup this week as more and more states open early voting and ballots get mailed back to election offices

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
Absentee ballots for me and several friends here in GA are indicated as having been issued on 9/18, but none of us have as yet received any. Is it normal for it to take this long?

Also in Georgia, mine was issued on the 19th and only came in Friday. That's a bit shorter than your wait time but I wouldn't worry too much yet.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm in Florida but i haven't requested my ballot yet. If I send it tomorrow, am i good? or do i have to vote in person?

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
My ballot was mailed last week. Can't wait to vote this week. I usually wait until election week to decide on local stuff and drop it off at a polling place on election day, but I'm probably going to drop it off early this year.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
how do i find out where a drop box is in fl or can i just show up to the poll with my mail in ballot.

RawNuts

Nov 13, 2017
Florida here; site says my ballot was sent out on the 24th and I haven't recieved it yet though I know others in my county (Palm Beach) have, how much longer until it's reasonable to request another?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
There's a polling station at our local library so I'm definitely dropping them off. Not trusting the fuckery Trump's pulling.
I put my absentee ballot at the dropbox at my local polling place. Fuck the USPS.
Drove further out to drop mine off at the drop box right outside our elections office. Ain't taking no chances >_>

But really any dropbox would have been fine.
62146319.jpg

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Got my booklet with all the info about the propositions and judges etc. It feels like a college course manual it's so thick. I have a lot of learning to do before my ballot arrives next week aside from the obvious big ticket stuff

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one of those that voted by mail in Florida already. I was going to try and find a drop off box to be extra safe, but then after I realized that my county offers a mail-in ballot tracker, I just put the ballot in my mailbox and watched the USPS truck come to take it.

If somehow the ballot doesn't make it or gets rejected, I can just try again or vote in person.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my mail in ballot yesterday in NJ! Pumped. Plan on dropping it off in a ballot box as well this week.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Got my mail in ballot yesterday. Tempted to mail it but I'm a little skeptical on it ever reaching the Supervisor's office in time. I think I'll drop it at a ballot box as soon as early voting starts here.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Going to vote tomorrow here in Iowa, hopefully the lines are not too long at the polling place near me. Feels good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.