• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I just blindly picked this up for Xbox One X - I'm VERY intrigued by the game. I like survival games and the fantasy genre so this seems right up my alley.

Any word on the X performance? Any major issues or problems?

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
As expected, the actual download size on Steam is much smaller than the required disk size (6.5 GB).

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was supposed to launch with a discount. Could have sworn I read that.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been excited for this game for a good minute, but people in here telling me there isn't that much survival element to it is kinda worrying me. Like... I already knew I wouldn't be building my home ala Minecraft but... how complex does the game get when it comes to making things or resource management?

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Any idea why my HP is like 86/100 even after sleeping with no ailments?

Also does anyone have any 2handed combat tips? Like literally every attack is so fucking slow that im just trading hits unless the AI bugs out and doesnt hit me. This is really starting to sour me.

raangz

Oct 30, 2017
Any idea why my HP is like 86/100 even after sleeping with no ailments?

"why" your HP is 86/100 (a portion is like greyed out), I'm not sure. I have that on my HP and my stamina. I drank some tea I had that says replenishes "burnt" stamina, which removed some of the greyed out portion. So I believe the term is "Burnt" X. Hopefully that helps a bit!

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody else failing to join online coop? For both my friend and I it says "Could not join world."

E: should mention we're on Xbone.

Last edited:

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I've not had any noticeable issues on PS4 Thrill_house

I did skip the tutorial, so managed to dodge the map bug that can occur. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Textures are pretty lackluster in places, character faces (yours) are pretty basic to awful. No stutters, large frame drops, etc. that I noticed. Sound wise, the music is a little on the loud side so I turned that down in the settings and left the other SFX on max. All in all, general movement, combat and camera feel snappy.

I'm only 5 days in in the game, so I haven't been too far from the Lighthouse yet.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Got my copy and the update (USA) was for 1.03, not 1.02. Was it supposed to come with some pre-order DLC? My Amazon copy came with nothing.

FWIW I got all 1,000 gamer score points for Two Worlds on Xbox and the Platinum for the sequel on PS3. First game was irredeemably terrible and busted. Second was no work of high art, but it was SUCH a MASSIVE improvement over the original by literally every possible metric imaginable, the devs should have won some kind of achievement award for pulling off such a feat.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I've not had any noticeable issues on PS4 Thrill_house

I did skip the tutorial, so managed to dodge the map bug that can occur. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Textures are pretty lackluster in places, character faces (yours) are pretty basic to awful. No stutters, large frame drops, etc. that I noticed. Sound wise, the music is a little on the loud side so I turned that down in the settings and left the other SFX on max. All in all, general movement, combat and camera feel snappy.

I'm only 5 days in in the game, so I haven't been too far from the Lighthouse yet.

Ok cool, thanks. Was going to cop this on PC but think I'll get it for the pro as I can loan it out to a few friends and I kind of want a physical copy.

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone chime in on ps4 performance?
There's a huge bug where texture wont load properly on ps4 and ps4 pro only.

55443494_2243854568986200_875691677866524672_o.jpg

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I had heard about it, but it wasn't until the screenshot from Discord that was posted above that I knew the cause of it. Guess I'm happy I skipped the tutorial. Apparently restarting a new game fixes it =( Hopefully they patch it soon so that isn't necessary if you've pushed on and and would rather not start over.

I think simply restarting the game. I.e. quit to dash, close application, restart application should fix it. (Just passing on what I've read). No need to start again.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice! I edited that out of my post then. Even if it's not 100% clear what the fix is, I wouldn't want people starting over if they didn't have to. That is good news then. I guess I misunderstood because the few things I read mentioned losing items if you restarted. I just assumed they meant completely restarting based on that.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
So what are the quest lines like? Is it totally linear go to this dungeon for bandit leader A or can you betray them and join another clan or something of the like.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Gamestop's store page indicates that the preorder bonuses for online orders are delivered via email.
That indicates that I'm not missing a code voucher from my game case.
Reached out to Amazon support for resolution.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
So, the game has been out many hours. How do you people feel it so far? Im still in the first map and I think I overall dig it. I really hope there are more merchants and towns since running all the way back to the beginning starts get a bit tedious. I explored a random fort and was made captive. On my way to freedom I lost my backbag and It took almost an hour to get back to where I was and a looooot of running.

I still hope that the exploring starts to net a bit more interesting places/quests etc.

"why" your HP is 86/100 (a portion is like greyed out), I'm not sure. I have that on my HP and my stamina. I drank some tea I had that says replenishes "burnt" stamina, which removed some of the greyed out portion. So I believe the term is "Burnt" X. Hopefully that helps a bit!
It seems like sleeping longer got rid of it.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Is night unreasonably dark for everyone else? Not the night in general, I get that, but it seems like the light cast from lanterns and torches is near useless for getting around at night.

Edit: I guess it's because the starting stuff has "weak flame"

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm starting to get my foot holding in this world. Having a basecamp to restock and go adventuring one area at a time feels so good.

Also, the game is heavy on crafting. Lots of recipes to learn and experiment, from food, to tools and equipment. Everything is useful.

Is night unreasonably dark for everyone else? Not the night in general, I get that, but it seems like the light cast from lanterns and torches is near useless for getting around at night.

Edit: I guess it's because the starting stuff has "weak flame"
Huh, I see. So even the light source is tiered, huh? Interesting.

But yes, late night is pretty dark, like pitch black. I learned the hard way that it's best to not venture at night.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is, so far, a more interesting Pirahna Bytes game. It's probably gonna have a lot of people bouncing off it with the rough core mechanics, but for some this is gonna be GOTY list material.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just got home and I'm too exhausted to continue. But just going off the menu alone this almost seems like they're relying entirely on people playing this on Co op considering how easy it is to have drop in/drop out and even splitscreen. Like this is easily one of the friendliest games I've seen for it.

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So what are the quest lines like? Is it totally linear go to this dungeon for bandit leader A or can you betray them and join another clan or something of the like.
It's pretty open wide i like it. For exemple, you have a debt at the beginning and it's up to you how to get the money: bride, there's a secret you can discover if you speak to everybody, or do the main quest, less the loot you found, craft stuff, but also the quest have a 5 days limit, and if you die, you loose not money but time.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Friend and I had a pretty good time starting out. Went to the mushroom cave and didnt have any problems, got some decent starting gear and paid off the debt. But then we got ganked by 4 hyenas and dragged back to their cave. We bailed out and then got ganked and died to two bandits. Woke up in a camp, one of us in a new slave armor, the other naked. Again, we bailed out until we made it back to the first town, only I did manage to pick up an Iron Mace on the way.

I don't really like the combat (maybe once I unlock some magic it'll be better) but I'm really enjoying everything else.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Hot tip: if you play co-op and get locked up for whatever reason, make sure to collect your gear that was confiscated before leaving the game (if you aren't host). Otherwise all your stuff will be gone when you get back to your own save.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What's the best way to restore my health other than the pricey potions and stuff? Would sleeping for an hour enough to fully heal myself?

What the heck is with the voice acting not matching the text at all?
Yeah, it's amateur hour really. They probably have recorded everything, but then at some point they decided to revise the texts. So there's no way for a studio with such limited budget to do another recording.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck is with the voice acting not matching the text at all?

Huh. I took it to be a design choice actually. The various grunts or single words instead of all the dialogue has always bugged me. The most recent Fire Emblems for example.

Just realized tonight that for some reason the way Outward does it doesn't bother me.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I made my way to the "fort" at the bottom of the map. (Very slight spoilers)

I told the knight there I was looking for a place to stay, and then got conscripted into slavery to mine iron. I worked with the other miners to learn a backstab ability (for offhand daggers?) and then bought my freedom....but I forgot my backpack! So I basically went back in and allowed myself to get captured again. I earned money to buy my freedom a different way though, actually traded in some iron and cooked for the soldiers.

Most of the dungeon areas around the first city other than the mushroom cave seem kinda tough though. I've stuck my toes in the northern bandit camp, the purple mountain (found the ley line! in a big multilevel dungeon area) and of course the fort but I'm paranoid of dying so I always end up bailing out pretty quick.

Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, will check that out. Was disapointed to see there isn't arbitrary aspect ratios support and was already wondering if I should check how hard it would be to mod it in.

Edit : it works, even if the main menu really doesn't like that aspect ratio, didn't go further than character creation yet to see if there is other interface probleme during gameplay. Which actually prove that the game support arbitrary aspect ratio, but just doesn't allow you to resize the window on the go. So I checked the game file, and simply editing the OptionSettings.oos to the resolution of your choice for windowed mode was always a solution too, which could be a usefull alternative for someone like me who is likely to play the game coop through Parsec.

Last edited:

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
So I far this has been a very fun co-op game had some intense moments in a few dungeons. I really hope this game is opened up by modding. If this just had a few botw gameplay tweaks added and the combat/ai polished a bit more this could become an amazing game.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Damn, the first dungeon was so creepy and intense. I got lost a few times because it's quite a maze with some verticality. Thankfully the enemies there are quite easy compared to the animals outside.

I'm decently equipped to venture to the other city now, I hope.

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played co-op all day yesterday, so much fun! Work open to close today and I already know all I'm going to be able to do is think about this game

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any news on how in depth the crafting mechanics are? Held back on purchasing yesterday because I wanted some insight on the game first. Can't even find any reviews of the game on youtube.