• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Dive into our latest Dev Diary for Outward with Guillaume Boucher-Vidal, CEO at NineDots. Learn everything you need to know about the new Definitive Edition, which features both DLCs The Soroboreans and The Three Brothers as well as multiple quality of life updates and play balancing adjustments, all in a single ultimate experience. Outward: Definitive Edition will be the best way to experience Outward for newcomers or veterans alike.

Strive through the story alone or in Coop-Mode with a friend. Discover the world of Aurai, soon available on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X!

• Next-gen only.
  • Aiming to clean up the game and leave it in a strong place as Nine Dots moves onto their next title.
  • Some existing areas have been overhauled for a better experience.
  • DLC included and better integrated into the game.
  • Quality of life tweaks like improved menus.
  • New content like unique encounters in dungeons, new illnesses, and more '*defeat encounters.'
  • Free upgrade for users who own the base game and the DLC—specific details beyond that are TBA.
*For folk not familiar, when you 'die' in Outward it's not a game over. Time will pass and you will often be placed into a particular situation (rescued by a passerby, held in a dungeon, etc.)

Last edited:

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing a few weeks before elden ring released. Easily became one of my favorite games. Live the exploration and magic so much.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Nice that they're doing this, but I recently put 60 hours into it on PC and I'm all burnt out on it. I don't think I even finished the game, much less did I get to the DLC content.

It's got that great old-school Gothic vibe, but I constantly felt myself wishing for a bit more structure and quests. It felt like Outward couldn't decide if it wanted to be a story game or a sandbox and managed to do neither particularly well.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I loved this game but yeah it was very janky. Looking forward to the improvements

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I've always been interested in this game as somebody who enjoyed ELEX and Skyrim's sandbox elements. Exploration seems to be pretty big in this game. Maybe this next-gen upgrade is the time to finally play Outward this summer.