• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I dont wanna randomly pile on Avengers but all I can think when I see footage of that game is "Wow, Deus Ex died for this." Doesnt help that the second games story wasnt even finished anyway.
If it makes you feel better we actually haven't seen the game Deus Ex died for. Their team is working on a Guardians of the Galaxy game. Avengers did kill Tomb Raider tho

Nov 1, 2017
When Tales of Hearts and Tales of Innocence were remade for the Vita they added new characters and a gate that connected their universes on a canon level, a first for the series. A third remake for Tempest was planned to flesh it out more but it never got made so now there are just three characters from another world, some of whom have MAJOR animosity towards each other, that will never be explained.
Wait, what? I want to know more about this. Tales of Hearts R is kind of a blur in my mind at this point but which characters? and where was the gate?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
9723576734_421153e608_o.gif

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yeah, resident evil is indeed notorious of leaving way too much stuff open and never going back to close it.

I'm going to assume the issue is how the game directors and such change every game. Thus focusing on prior story threads becomes less important when it's sort of like "well that isn't my story to finish". Which leads us to where we are now.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what? I want to know more about this. Tales of Hearts R is kind of a blur in my mind at this point but which characters? and where was the gate?
aselia.fandom.com

Triverse Gate

The Triverse Gate (トライバースゲート, Toraibaasugeeto?) is the EX Dungeon of Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R, an optional dungeon of a particularly hard difficulty that features bonus bosses and rare items. Furthermore, the "Triverse" connection among Tales of Innocence, Tales of Hearts, and...

Gall from Hearts R,
and QQ and Kongwai from Innocence R.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Beaten to death and back again but Half-Life. I'd give anything for it to be wrapped up.

And on another note, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. What a cliffhanger.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Mass Effect Andromeda has loads of dangling plot hooks that will never get addressed.
Remains to be seen since the new teaser featured several Andromeda related elements and hints, with BioWare confirming stuff like the two galaxies was intentional. Majority consensus right now is the game is going to jump ahead 600+ years so that the Milky Way and Andromeda timelines can match up and merge. So a lot of the major threads could somehow get resolved still even if Andromeda is deprioritized for a majority focus back on the Milky Way.

Nov 1, 2017
aselia.fandom.com

Triverse Gate

The Triverse Gate (トライバースゲート, Toraibaasugeeto?) is the EX Dungeon of Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R, an optional dungeon of a particularly hard difficulty that features bonus bosses and rare items. Furthermore, the "Triverse" connection among Tales of Innocence, Tales of Hearts, and...

Gall from Hearts R,
and QQ and Kongwai from Innocence R.
Ah, I dropped Hearts R after credits roll. That's interesting that they were going for that, shame it didn't pan out. I would have (and would still) buy a localization of Innocence and Tempest.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah RE has many hanging plot threads that needs tying.

Jill
REV2
Umbrella Corps
What is going on in Raccoon City and why are there scientists there after the bomb

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Halo -
they stole and experimented on children to create super soldiers to fight rebelling colonies. If they want to do a more mature storyline, that's a great start.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
It was resolved in the Halo: Escalation comic series. Issues 13 - 16.

Though it was basically just to remove the Janus Key from play, cause it would get in the way of Halo 5.

There was a lot of plot stuff in Halo 4 that was dropped or changed because people complained that it was too reliant on the EU. Like the clear plans was for the Didact to be the big bad going forth, but then they decided to go with the Created stuff which came out of fucking nowhere so a lot of stuff set up was just dropped.
Huh. Thanks for sharing. I kinda felt confused regarding the Didact when first playing 4, and definitely had the reaction of "what the hell, at least give a primer for those who don't consume non-game media!" However, I'm one of the twelve people in the world who thoroughly enjoy Halo 4, so I was fine with doing a little extracurricular studying with Didact. I guess I'll have to look into this now as well. It just feels weird because at least they had exposed players to the Didact, the mantle, created storylines in Spartan Ops, etc., so to not double-down at build on that knowledge and instead take a sharp turn to WTF just... ugh.

tl;dr: feelsbadman.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
What happened with Earth in Dead Space 3. Or literally anything to do with Dead Space

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see it really delved into and handled in the games, not relegated to extended fiction.

Oh, well, it was at least brought up in Halo 4's intro. It's honestly probably was something the original Halo 5 would have gone into a bit more. But alas it was yet another thing on the cutting board to force Halo 5 to happen.

Like I still like Halo 5, and the 2 books that take place after, Bad Blood and Shadows of Reach are great, but man, I feel like it did not go the route it was setting up to go in. (Because, obviously it wasn't originally going to go in the way it did)

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Don't Assassin's Creed droped a major plot bomb and completely forgot about it?

The shit about aliens
Not at all. They did move the big hook after III to comics much to the fanbase's chagrin, but the Modern Day plot is still mostly ongoing, especially with Valhalla.

Assassin's Creed introduced Those Who Came Before (the Isu), who humans came to worship as gods through their resulting works (Pieces of Eden, super highly advanced tech artefacts) and Assassin's Creed II dropped a bomb that the world was ending in the same way it ended previously, wiping out the Isu, through a coronal mass ejection, and it was up to Desmond to save the world. So Desmond gets an Apple of Eden from beneath the Colosseum and is forced to kill a friend and falls into a coma(Assassin's Creed Brotherhood) though that friend was a secret evil agent and while in the coma, Desmond hits a nexus to stop most of the bleeding effect (Assassin's Creed Revelations), then Desmond and friends go into a Vault that was built by the Capitoline Triad, the Isu triad that had been talking to him, but inside he encounters Juno betrayed the Isu and was sealed within the Vault as a digital consciousness, and Desmond is forced to release her in order to save the world and also killing him. He does this by activating the Aurora Borealis device that strengthened the Earth's magnetic field to survive the sunflare.(Assassin's Creed III).

The main plot meandered a bit afterwards, with Juno gathering followers, the Instruments of the First Will, consisting of brainwashed people and Sages, being reborn versions of Juno's husband, Aita that constantly gets reincarnated as various humans(Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag), eventually hatching a plot to become resurrected in physical form by use of a Shroud of Eden using Templar resources (Assassin's Creed Chronicles). Things were setting up to be interesting in Origins, but the game went through a bunch of rewrites and creative kerfufling and the final part of that plot went to comics, where Juno becomes resurrected, but with the help of Desmond's son (he was first introduced in the documents of Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate) using the Koh-I-Nor (first introduced in Assassin's Creed Brahman) and the sacrifice of the protagonist of the comic series, Charlotte de la Cruz (Assassin's Creed: Assassins) they manage to kill Juno for good before she manages to free herself from the facility where she was reborn. (Assassin's Creed Uprising)

Meanwhile in the main series games, Layla Hassan, an employee for the Templars, defects after seeing some messages that imply that the world was facing another end (Assassin's Creed Origins) and joins the Assassins to try and find a way to avoid the end and obtains a Staff of Eden that can, allegedly, modify reality in some way. But it turns out she was lied to, with the staff just causing her to go crazy and attack and kill some of her companions. (Assassin's Creed Odyssey) Meanwhile Earth's manegetic field has been getting stronger and stronger, nearly suffocating the planet and Layla tries to find how to stop it, eventually getting betrayed by the reincarnation of Loki (using the same method of reincarnation as Aita).

The plot is moving in strange directions, but it's definitely not dropped.

Though they have dropped a bunch of stuff that seemed to have been heading to some importance, mostly stuff involving Eve (Assassin's Creed II's "The Truth", Assassin's Creed Liberation). That they moved the finalisation of the ongoing plot to the comics still stings tho.

But you have that plot in 4 were the one guy is eternally reborn in new bodies that gets forgotten about in preceding games.
That's... false? Every mainline game after Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag except Rogue features Aita, Sages or derivatives thereof in one way or another. The main antagonist of Unity's historical sequence is a Sage, Synidicate features a Sage in the World War II simulation, Origins features a Sage in a sidequest, Odyssey features a simulation of Aita in one of the horridly written DLCs and Valhalla has huge spoilers related to stuff.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Oh, well, it was at least brought up in Halo 4's intro. It's honestly probably was something the original Halo 5 would have gone into a bit more. But alas it was yet another thing on the cutting board to force Halo 5 to happen.

Like I still like Halo 5, and the 2 books that take place after, Bad Blood and Shadows of Reach are great, but man, I feel like it did not go the route it was setting up to go in. (Because, obviously it wasn't originally going to go in the way it did)
Honestly it doesn't even have to be a HALO game that handles it - make a spinoff stealth/spy game where someone catches wind of it and has to find proof, infiltrate complexes, evade Spartans - whatever.

Nov 17, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

"There's something about this planet..."

Yep, Xenoblade X wins this one, as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah even if you disregard the huge cliffhanger, X establishes so much potential with its world building that a sequel could go in so many directions and there's so many questions to be answered. The game's narrative feels like just a small introduction to something much bigger, massively bigger. I guess that's what Takahashi likes to do with his stories.

Todesritter74

Oct 30, 2017
CoD: Ghosts campaign (I know... "the CoD Ghosts what?"). Not dying to see what's next but it does end on a cliffhanger...

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Not at all. They did move the big hook after III to comics much to the fanbase's chagrin, but the Modern Day plot is still mostly ongoing, especially with Valhalla.

Assassin's Creed introduced Those Who Came Before (the Isu), who humans came to worship as gods through their resulting works (Pieces of Eden, super highly advanced tech artefacts) and Assassin's Creed II dropped a bomb that the world was ending in the same way it ended previously, wiping out the Isu, through a coronal mass ejection, and it was up to Desmond to save the world. So Desmond gets an Apple of Eden from beneath the Colosseum and is forced to kill a friend and falls into a coma(Assassin's Creed Brotherhood) though that friend was a secret evil agent and while in the coma, Desmond hits a nexus to stop most of the bleeding effect (Assassin's Creed Revelations), then Desmond and friends go into a Vault that was built by the Capitoline Triad, the Isu triad that had been talking to him, but inside he encounters Juno betrayed the Isu and was sealed within the Vault as a digital consciousness, and Desmond is forced to release her in order to save the world and also killing him. He does this by activating the Aurora Borealis device that strengthened the Earth's magnetic field to survive the sunflare.(Assassin's Creed III).

The main plot meandered a bit afterwards, with Juno gathering followers, the Instruments of the First Will, consisting of brainwashed people and Sages, being reborn versions of Juno's husband, Aita that constantly gets reincarnated as various humans(Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag), eventually hatching a plot to become resurrected in physical form by use of a Shroud of Eden using Templar resources (Assassin's Creed Chronicles). Things were setting up to be interesting in Origins, but the game went through a bunch of rewrites and creative kerfufling and the final part of that plot went to comics, where Juno becomes resurrected, but with the help of Desmond's son (he was first introduced in the documents of Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate) using the Koh-I-Nor (first introduced in Assassin's Creed Brahman) and the sacrifice of the protagonist of the comic series, Charlotte de la Cruz (Assassin's Creed: Assassins) they manage to kill Juno for good before she manages to free herself from the facility where she was reborn. (Assassin's Creed Uprising)

Meanwhile in the main series games, Layla Hassan, an employee for the Templars, defects after seeing some messages that imply that the world was facing another end (Assassin's Creed Origins) and joins the Assassins to try and find a way to avoid the end and obtains a Staff of Eden that can, allegedly, modify reality in some way. But it turns out she was lied to, with the staff just causing her to go crazy and attack and kill some of her companions. (Assassin's Creed Odyssey) Meanwhile Earth's manegetic field has been getting stronger and stronger, nearly suffocating the planet and Layla tries to find how to stop it, eventually getting betrayed by the reincarnation of Loki (using the same method of reincarnation as Aita).

Though they have dropped a bunch of stuff that seemed to have been heading to some importance, mostly stuff involving Eve (Assassin's Creed II's "The Truth", Assassin's Creed Liberation). That they moved the finalisation of the ongoing plot to the comics still stings tho.

Is my memory playing tricks on me or i am mixing something, because i google isu and i only see ... humans
I remember "this shit is not human" type of characters

Oct 28, 2017
I genuinely think this'll get resolved in the eventual Persona 3 remake. I absolutely do not want it to happen, but it probably will.

They have remade it in some form twice already. I'd say if there's one strong point in Prrsona games is that they generally are very upfront and browbeat the themes, so I think the ending stays. At least I hope so.

Shit the talk of the Tales series... Berseria's extra dungeon had an entire hidden war plot that felt like sequel but but nothing came of it.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

That's... false? Every mainline game after Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag except Rogue features Aita, Sages or derivatives thereof in one way or another. The main antagonist of Unity's historical sequence is a Sage, Synidicate features a Sage in the World War II simulation, Origins features a Sage in a sidequest, Odyssey features a simulation of Aita in one of the horridly written DLCs and Valhalla has huge spoilers related to stuff.

Holy hells, this is approaching Kingdom Hearts level of plot fuckery and not in a good way.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Is my memory playing tricks on me or i am mixing something, because i google isu and i only see ... humans
I remember "this shit is not human" type of characters
Isu were always presented as humanoid. They spoke weird, wore flowy robes and bodysuits, maybe were a bit taller than humans? But they were mostly human from the beginning.

You can see an Isu inside controlling the humans with an apple, it appears to just be a floating woman. Minerva at the end was also just a woman:
latest

So, maybe your mind is playing tricks?

Holy hells, this is approaching Kingdom Hearts level of plot fuckery and not in a good way.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
They fired the guy who was the mind behind assassin's creed after Brotherhood or Revelations because he wanted to end the story at III.

The drop in vision shows.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Deux Ex Mankind Divided still hurts. I feel like they ran out of time and decided we will finish it up in the sequel. I guess they never saw that it will flop since HR apparently did really well.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I'm still playing through Trails of Cold Steel IV (and I obviously haven't played Hajimari), but I'd think this is a solid pick.

EDIT: Beaten lol

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

The shit about aliens
I think on the recent games they are adressing that, but I'm not even sure tbh.
Assassin's Creed is becoming to reach Kingdom Hearts levels of nonsense.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably the only one who cares about this but I have been waiting for 8 years to find out where the hell Hilbert/Hilbert went in Pokemon Black 2/White 2.

The main protagonists of Black 1/White 1 leave to search for N not realizing that he comes back to Unova in B2W2 lategame, leaving a very sad Mom : (

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

The shit about aliens
The Isu have been a major part of the last few games (Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla).

EDIT: I see it's already been addressed!

Last edited:

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

The shit about aliens

What? No, that's been a part of every single AC game. The emphasis may shift in terms of screentime but Isu stuff is always present in every game. The only thing that really got ignored in AC was the modern day plot in Unity and Syndicate. That just ended up being finished off in a comic book when they decided to go in a new direction with Origins.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Deux Ex Mankind Divided still hurts. I feel like they ran out of time and decided we will finish it up in the sequel. I guess they never saw that it will flop since HR apparently did really well.

Yep. I was just thinking about this during a playthrough of MD. The whole DX world is kind of a mess with the reboot cliffhanger. Haven't seen a third act this blatantly missing from a game since KOTOR 2.

I'd love for the conclusion to the Jensen trilogy, but I'd love even more for a comprehensive reboot/remake of the original since I think that's way more interesting and the whole augmentations-gone-rogue thing is a bit tired (and never fit in cleanly with the nano-augments of the original).

Speaking of which, the unresolved KOTOR 2 cliffhanger still frustrates and disappoints me to this day. But I wouldn't call that franchise "ongoing"...