• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Outside of Breath of the Wild, what is your favourite Switch game?

• Super Mario Odyssey

Votes: 363 30.4%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Votes: 64 5.4%
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Votes: 166 13.9%
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Votes: 143 12.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Votes: 161 13.5%
  • Luigi's Mansion 3

Votes: 36 3.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 260 21.8%

• Total voters

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Exclusive: Mario Odyssey
Non-Exclusive: Hollow Knight

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
What the heck are these poll options? No Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or SwSh?

My vote would've been for Splatoon 2, but I guess it's just an obscure game that's really only liked in Japan.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
it has to be 1st Party/Exclusive? because my indisputable favorite is Nitro-Fueled:

a7f6c40eb618388db0c6835f77507bbb.png

followed for both N. Sane Trilogy and Sonic Mania!

if only Nintendo games are allowed, then it should be Smash Ultimate;
Breath of the Wild is certainly in the Top 10 anyway... but I associate the game with the Wii U more :p

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
Probably Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, such a good package. Smash is up there too, but I feel like I barely played it after getting through the story mode (whatever it was called).

BotW is easily my #1 though, so good call there!

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pokémon Sword

No, I'm not joking

Then Mario & Rabbids probably

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Over 400 hours into it and counting, which is considerably more than for botw (around 250, I think)

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I think I've missed maybe one day of playing it since it launched. It absolutely consumed me for weeks and weeks and weeks.

BetoJR

Apr 27, 2020
Fortaleza - CE, Brazil
I didn't even finish Breath of the Wild, actually... the barren open-world really wasn't my cup of tea.
As for my favorite... it would be a free-for-all between Smash Ultimate, Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Probably would have to give it to Smash, just because it's the one I play most with my 9yo son. Still having a blast with it.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I voted for Super Smash Bros but it's actually Cadence of Hyrule (though I wish it received more post-launch content).

Regardless of quality, a lot of first party Switch games are either re-heated ports (Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, DKC:TF, etc), veeery slight upgrades over prior titles (Splatoon 2, Mario Maker 2 was in the category or even worse than its predecessor until the last few updates, now it's its own thing), or among the weakest entries in their franchises (Pokemon, Animal Crossing but updates might save this like SMM2, Odyessey, Three Houses, etc).

SSB Ultimate is one of the few franchise entries that feels like a pure better experience than previous entries, and ARMS and Ring Fit Adventure and Tetris 99 among the few new IPs or new experiences (where are they on the poll?). Lightly disappointed with Nintendo's Switch output actually.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Mario Odyssey is my favorite switch game and the Mario game that i have been waiting for for over a decade. Was nice for washing away the bad taste that 3D World left in my mouth.

BOTW was the first great 3D Zelda game though. I loved it.

Miya Moto

Jun 4, 2018
Probably Odyssey, even though i liked it less than 3D World and the Galaxy games. BotW is still the best game I've played on the Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Odyssey is my favorite switch game. The worlds are phenomenal and so much fun to explore. Pokémon Shield is up there for me. I really enjoy the wild area and looking forward to Crown Tundra.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest Builders. One of those rare games where the mechanics and narrative support each other perfectly. Chapter 5 is powerful. Criminally underplayed.

The sequel is excellent, but not quite as transcendent in this respect.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
Honestly, Golf Story is the true crown jewel of the Switch.

After that I'd say Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening.

It makes me happy to see a fair number of people understanding the true greatness that is Golf Story.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Golf Story is the true crown jewel of the Switch.

After that I'd say Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening.

It makes me happy to see a fair number of people understanding the true greatness that is Golf Story.
I ended really liking a lot of the quirky early Switch games like Golf Story and Snake Pass. Man cannot live on Zelda alone, and they gave some nice variety.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Bought it the day it came out and was hooked on it immediately. Loved the setting, the characters, actually having a real hub world, the voice acting was great, story was fantastic, easily the best Fire Emblem game yet. And talk about content man, with 4 possible stories, with three of them being completely unique characters and dialog, one story playthrough gives you an easy 80 hours. Absolutely insane, and you truly get to know, understand and appreciate the characters within that time. I'd honestly be satisfied if that's the only Fire Emblem game we get on the Switch.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To tell you the truth, I've played more Splatoon 2 than anything. I'll play tons of whatever AAA title, the Odysseys and BotWs, but between them it seems like I'll always go back to Splatoon.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
My mind says Hollow Knight, but my gut says Celeste.

Though really it's Bayonetta, but I associate that with the 360 more since I have 120+ hours on that platform compared to only 15 on Switch so far.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Probably either Odyssey or Daemon X Machina. People hate on that game so much, but it was a ton of fun and has definitely stuck with me for the last year.

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
It's probably been said a lot already. But Splatoon 2 by far. Probably more than Zelda too. For someone who had shooter-fatigue and was burned out by it all. Splatoon 2 nailed it. Online was a lot of fun too

edit: hollow knight is a very close second

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Though it didn't start out as a Switch game; Cuphead

I love this game to death, and feel lucky to have it exist at all. It's gaming at its finest.

Outside of that, Splatoon 2, Hollow Knight and DK:TF are pretty fantastic

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Hey 20 years down the line it'll get rollback in the mean time it's got the most insane roster in a mainstream fighting game ever.

Agreed! If Project Slippi can incorporate rollback netcode to Melee, I have high hopes for Ultimate on a future Switch emulator.

The roster is just incredible man, I just marvel at the CSS and see how incredible it is! :D

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Slay the Spire, not an exclusive but that's where I played it. Actually, probably my favorite switch game overall.