• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Do people even care about this?

Watch the latest trailer for the upcoming co-op RPG shooter to learn about story details and for a look at new environments. Outriders arrives on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC in Holiday 2020 and on Google Stadia in 2021.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this is going to 100% get lost in the shuffle this holiday season if it actually comes out then. This seems like the type of game you release in February. Or, like, August.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
"shlooters"
7567b8916820412a783ee8c5fabf0034.gif

Game looks okay, will wait for bargain sale though.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
gun tank jumping aliens vista

That's all I got from that trailer, don't ask me what the game is about.

Jun 15, 2020
I've been real high on the combat in this game. Not sure why it's been getting such a bad reaction, but it's one of my most anticipated games of the year. Reminds me of Mass Effect 3's co-op mode.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully their dev teams experience in other shooters doesn't cross over, last thing this game needs it's floaty, non responsive shooting mechanics.
It's hard to say much about it since it's pretty much all cinematic scenes, let's see some gameplay!

Edit: Oh no it's this game, I forgot about it, saw the gameplay vid from a while back it didn't look great :/

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Game looks awesome, reminds me a lot of Remnant: From the Ashes(a game I loved). Definitely going to keep an eye on this game.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this is going to 100% get lost in the shuffle this holiday season if it actually comes out then. This seems like the type of game you release in February. Or, like, August.
Normally I'd agree, but a new console launch window is a good time for a new IP to get off the ground; People will likely be buying a handful of new games to justify their new console, and the field of competing games is as minimally crowded as it's ever gonna be.
KernelC said:
also, People Can Fly... there is something about them. I just can't get into anything they do
Haha, opposite for me, I feel Bulletstorm and Gears Judgement are underrated gems.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks awesome, reminds me a lot of Remnant: From the Ashes(a game I loved). Definitely going to keep an eye on this game.

I'm betting on it getting a similar response. Kind of lukewarm launch but will have good word of mouth and do well on PC at least.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a 7/10. Will be fun for a couple weeks if you have an itch to pew pew some monsters. But ultimately forgettable.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I care about it OP. And you enough to make a thread about it :3
This is actually my kind of game, but I'm not sold yet. It's just that I only saw a few threads on Outriders and they barely had many posts, so I guess people don't care.

This looks like a 7/10. Will be fun for a couple weeks if you have an itch to pew pew some monsters. But ultimately forgettable.
It looks like this game will have quite a lot of content, way more than the Avengers game. Speaking of which, it's kinda weird that SE is releasing 2 looter games within the same year. I'm honestly more interested in this one than Avengers.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I think People Can Fly has some talented people, assuming the people that worked on Bulletstorm and Gears of War: Judgement didn't leave, so I hope this turns out well. The trailer does nothing for me, unfortunately.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
This is actually my kind of game, but I'm not sold yet. It's just that I only saw a few threads on Outriders and they barely had many posts, so I guess people don't care.

It looks like this game will have quite a lot of content, way more than the Avengers game. Speaking of which, it's kinda weird that SE is releasing 2 looter games within the same year. I'm honestly more interested in this one than Avengers.

I do think it will be better than a lot of people think. Also bigger.

Wouldnt be surprised if this one will be the looter game from Square people end up attached towards. Will atleast be a 7/10 imo.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Don't have much confidence in this, but hoping it'll surprise and be the dark horse of the year. Gears gameplay with de-emphasized cover, powers, and loot is a combination that could be pure adrenaline and dopamine.

Last edited:

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Every video I get more and more interested but I've also been burned so many times by bad schlooters so I really wanna see reviews first.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
My main problem is that it looks too generic. There is just nothing about the art sticking out to me.

People Can Fly is pretty talented though, so it might still end up being fun to play.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
This game did not get the memo than grey and orange TPS became unfashionable in 2006. Also "shlooter" is about as appealing a term as "soulsbornkirowhatever."