• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
The devestators ground slam lacks any sort of "umpf", zero sense of impact whatsoever. I don't hate what I'm seeing and we're still a ways off from launch so I'll watch this cautiously.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least from what they've shown, the art style is unappealing. I thought we ditched the oppressive grey/brown around 2010 or so...

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
It looks... generic.
But generic isn't necessarily bad, when done right. If there's variety in environments/missions and side missions filled with unique enemies and cool set pieces, it could still be entertaining. 90 minutes of cutscenes for main story + 2 hours of cutscenes for sidequests could still make for a meaty 20+ hours solo experience (maybe).

if it's playable solo I can still see myself checking it out when it's down to a reasonable price. If the game is balanced heavily towards co-op/ endgame grind/daily challenges, etc, then it'll be a pass or bargain bin purchase. We'll see.

Kat Bailey

Host - Axe of the Blood God
Verified
Jan 5, 2018
Here's my coverage

Interview in which People Can Fly talk about it whether or not it's games as service (they say it's not, despite the strong resemblance to... pretty much every service game)

Gameplay

Stray thoughts

- It's not much more of a cover shooter. More of an action game with unlockable skills that just happens to have cover shooter elements. Ignore any assertions that it's an RPG. Those bits are just to make it seem deeper than it is.

- It's definitely balanced toward co-op play. Boss battles while playing solo are a slog.

- This game is really hurt by a derivative art style that lifts way too much from Destiny (and Gears)

- It's kind of fun in short bursts, and Square Enix is throwing a ton of money behind it. The LA event where it was shown to the media and influencers could not have been cheap to put on. To what end, I have no idea. It seems destined to be a pretty forgettable PS5/Xbox One Series X launch game that nevertheless gets a ton of money behind it. I hope it's as weird as People Can Fly claims it to be.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
how is that a gameplay reveal trailer.... there's no gameplay.

also looks like the PS360 era browns making a comeback.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most 2007 era Unreal Engine 3 looking art style I have seen in a long time.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my coverage

Interview in which People Can Fly talk about it whether or not it's games as service (they say it's not, despite the strong resemblance to... pretty much every service game)

Gameplay

Stray thoughts

- It's not much more of a cover shooter. More of an action game with unlockable skills that just happens to have cover shooter elements. Ignore any assertions that it's an RPG. Those bits are just to make it seem deeper than it is.

- It's definitely balanced toward co-op play. Boss battles while playing solo are a slog.

- This game is really hurt by a derivative art style that lifts way too much from Destiny (and Gears)

- It's kind of fun in short bursts, and Square Enix is throwing a ton of money behind it. The LA event where it was shown to the media and influencers could not have been cheap to put on. To what end, I have no idea. It seems destined to be a pretty forgettable PS5/Xbox One Series X launch game that nevertheless gets a ton of money behind it. I hope it's as weird as People Can Fly claims it to be.
This game is really confusing. It feels like boardroom members making a game based on keywords from a market analysis and cobbled them all together

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Great "gameplay" trailer. It got me excited. Then I saw the raw gameplay videos..... ehhh, no thanks. It's not for me.

Does anyone get a remnant from Ashes vibe from the game?

Totally. I will probably check out that game before this. I have heard really good things about Remnant. And I like what Gunfire is doing.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Can we get a break from THAT fucking haircut, please Christ please

We get it, they're "cool"

bGIOMw5.png

IKtYZDl.png
yikes

www.haaretz.com

How America's alt-right got its signature hairstyle

A hairstyle that's shaved on the sides and long on top went from being a hipster affectation to a neo-fascist show of force.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I guess when you put a bunch of different ideas you get what I got from it: Some parts look really cool, while other parts look bland, and other parts just plain bad.

And of course its another Borderlands type, best played with others. I'm a loner and like playing alone.

My guess is this wont see the light of day until Q1, Q2 2021. It's going to need a ton of polish if they want it to be successful.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I guess when you put a bunch of different ideas you get what I got from it: Some parts look really cool, while other parts look bland, and other parts just plain bad.

And of course its another Borderlands type, best played with others. I'm a loner and like playing alone.

My guess is this wont see the light of day until Q1, Q2 2021. It's going to need a ton of polish if they want it to be successful.
Its coming out in the holiday season ~ November,

Its the artstyle and colour pallete or lack of that's bothering me. Hopefully, there is more time to polish it before release.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Art direction was a bit too generic. Not bad, but very safe (and somewhat old). Technically not bad (at least from my iPhone), just a pity that the style is not what it could have been.
Still, if the game is good...!