• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
This is cross gen not next gen. Heck it probably just mean it will work on PS5 or Xbox Series X since crossplay.
Yeah… I'm like borderline excited for cross gen stuff.

The benefit is all cross get titles should run buttery smooth on the next gen consoles no problem so that's cool, but after playing 6 years of current gen games I'm ready for something that really takes advantage of things like the new CPUs and SSDs other than being able to play stuff at higher frame rates and faster load times.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not Games-as-a-Service.

Can say more in a couple days.

I'd honestly be surprised if it's NOT GAAS - though relatedly, I'd be curious on what your definition on GaaS actually entails.

Even if it's not Destiny/Anthem, the co-op angle in an 'rpg shooter' to me says it's either Borderlands, L4D, or something like Vermintide - which, while not a full-fledged GaaS in the same way Destiny is/wants to be, is absolutely designed to drip-feed content and keep you playing above all else, and buying the season/battle pass as well.

If there's actually a significant story and RPG mechanics, and an end-game where you 'beat' the game and can set it down until an expansion happens, and DOESN'T have some sort of dungeon/raid system, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oct 29, 2017
Is it just me or does this look like they took whatever they could from Gears of War, Destiny, and Anthem and threw it all in a blender?

Not saying it looks bad but that's the vibe I got from this trailer.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I honestly thought that was one of the worst edited AAA trailers I've seen in a long time.

Way too many fast cuts the whole trailer through. Generic narration over a song that wasn't coordinated well with the the action and just sounded like background noise. Looked exceptionally forgettable overall. Hopefully the game itself is much better.

Oct 27, 2017
It was obvious we'd see it on next gen. Wonder why they pushed the reveal up, seeing as they said we would see again in the summer. Guessing it might do with The Avengers getting pushed back.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it's just because I don't really care for cooplootshoots, but games like this just give off this air of Product™
Like the game's made because Market Research™ and its existence is almost completely driven by Business™
Publisher went "put a new paintjob on this trending moneyprinter." and now Bonegun is ready.

That's the kneejerk reaction I had at least. Might be a dumb wrongful one. I don't know.
This could very well end up good, People Can Fly know satisfying action. But I would be positively surprised if ends up being something I want to play.

Also in response to the short GameInformer tease video, I thought the title was more reminiscent of a Western game than a snowboarding game.

Last edited:

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Does absolutely nothing for me based on the videos in this thread.

I'll wait to see/hear some more, of course...but...eh.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Zeal and Ardor is great.

Do we even know if this is a first or third person shooter?

Or will it be the world's first SECOND PERSON SHOOTER?

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the graphics are good but it looks pretty boring. It doesn't seem to do much differently from other alien shooty mcbang games

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Looks really bland to me

I get major
DSboxart.jpg
vibes from this and and Godfall

Oct 27, 2017
It's just so boring. I'm tired of futuristic neon fantasy shooters, starring my favorite cast of characters, tough viking man, serious marine lady, and wisecracking rogue dude.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
So XSX and PS5 are GaaS consoles. Lmao this gaming industry sucks.