• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Can anyone explain shards to me when upgrading stats on equipment?

There is no number next to shards when looking at my loot. So I just upgrade them as much as I can without knowing what I'm actually using to upgrade.
On PC if you put the mouse cursor on top of the shards icon you will see how much you have of each.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone explain shards to me when upgrading stats on equipment?

There is no number next to shards when looking at my loot. So I just upgrade them as much as I can without knowing what I'm actually using to upgrade.
Put your cursor over the word shards and you'll see each shard type and how much you have.

When you scrap an item, those ones with a little icon next to them give you the shards.

When you scrap an item you've put shards in, you get most (all?) of them back.

When you level up an item you've put shards in, it will lose I think 1 level of what you added, so remember to add that back in.

Is there any chance somebody can help me clear a t10 expedition on Xbox? I think that's what I need to be able to use a legendary weapon from Thiago.
Yo I can help you out. Give me a game code or whatever
i can help as well with cross play just post the code
Swhalen I can only imagine this went very well. I hope they let you get a few kills at least.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to have the game crash now, and if you couple that with the time it takes to log in I feel like just trying to play the game is a massive time sink, love playing the game but it sucks there are this many problems.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Great, now I am often getting signed in circle rotating but not actually in. I am sick already of the opening cinematic and all of the the crap afterwards. PS5.

I am REALLY CLOSE of calling this game A POS. I really am.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Ok guys, i'm an idiot, but what is the difference between "critical hits" and "critical shots"?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The worst aspect of this game for me hasn't been the talked about issues, it's been simply having to load it up, sign in, get to my character and quit out - every single time bar none - because highlighting and comparing items doesn't work if I dont. Quit to dash, load it up again, sign in, get to character and it's all as it should be. Series S. Having to sit through that intro twice is some kind of torture but also a barrier to just jumping on for a quick blast.

So I think I'm good now, for real this time lol. This game has been amazing, terrible and overall just pretty decent even given the issues, but there's nothing else to play for other than collecting weapons/mods when I have nothing to use them with, and not interested in doing it all again on a different class at least just now. I wanted The Reaper but it didn't drop.

If nothing else it's shown other devs how compelling a loot shooter can be when you give lots of options and possibilities, not least of which having builds that don't rely on the shooting part too much, but also how fragile that can be when you rush to make changes or don't have everything in place from the start. If one of the big publishers took PCF under their wing, gave them the resources and know-how on how to produce a truly AAA experience for an ongoing game rather than a one-and-done, then the results could be amazing. Suppose it could also end up over-produced, management-blunted crap and lose the raw charm this game has as a rough and ready AA that doesn't have to be absolutely super-blanaced for fear of breaking the next 3 years of ongoing game.

I'd honestly say 2 weeks of Outriders had a few higher highs than several thousand hours of Destiny bar that first Vault of Glass clear shortly after it released, so I'm happy... and I played this game all solo bar some rando who showed up in an early story for half a mission somehow lol. It's not that the encounters or overall content itself was more compelling or involved in any way, more the ability to really make a difference with gear and mods, to respec into a completely different way of playing with only a few changes and a resource-free skill tree shuffle, and just that genius way healing works through damage and skill output, it all added up to something that demanded I keep at it and play in different ways than I'm used to.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Rewards from WT are not dropping for me. I got nothing from tier 10.

Iron nodes are not dropping any resource as well after I mine then.

really frustrating

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
So I think I'm good now, for real this time lol. This game has been amazing, terrible and overall just pretty decent even given the issues,

Similar. I might, might try to get past CT12 but I've hit my personal wall with this game I think. It's got a lot going for it but it needs work under the hood and more. I like the game for sure but as I feared, if they did not get the basic connectivity issues sorted that I'd lose interest and move on faster than I'd like. I spent a good part of the day doing a few expeditions and trying to grind the accolades for scrapnel but after that I kinda ran out of interest.

For now I think I'll check back after I beat another game or two. Honestly, would probably keep playing if I had this on PC and had a trainer going for fun but I heard its stability there is also pretty jank for some.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
So I realidade the game, found another iron node

when I drilled it the saving icon appeared and a mini g accomplishment unlocked but no message saying how many iron I got

Next time I'll check how many iron I've got to see if anything is being added.

another super annoying glitch that started at the same time is my turret not deploying fairly often. It seems like the grenade falls through the ground. It's not only on water line in the forest

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
Out of curiosity did anybody ever get The Anemoi or Deathshield from Ujio as reward ? Or do these 2 weapons have a really low drop rate compared to the other legendary weapons?

Between Ujio and T13 gold expeditions ( this past week ) i think i got 90% of all legendary weapons but these two weapons still haven't droped for me :(

Komogata

Mar 15, 2018
Am at Level 19 and wondering if leveling up purple items is worth the Titan? Not sure how relevant and rare it will be in the endgame.
Thank you for advice :)

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Am at Level 19 and wondering if leveling up purple items is worth the Titan? Not sure how relevant and rare it will be in the endgame.
Thank you for advice :)

When your doing the campaign I'd say you get plenty of new items to make it not worth it unless you found something you super particularly like at this point. You'll get titanium as you play of course so its no big loss if you use it but you also find more items so its up to you.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Is there a list on what each attribute does ? Such as weapon leech, skill power, anomaly power, etc? Im trying to now focus on finding gear with specific attributes and this would really help out since im a little lost in this area.

Also, what level should I stop upgrading to before it costs way too much? For gear I do not plan on running until level 50 that is.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a list on what each attribute does ? Such as weapon leech, skill power, anomaly power, etc? Im trying to now focus on finding gear with specific attributes and this would really help out since im a little lost in this area.

Also, what level should I stop upgrading to before it costs way too much? For gear I do not plan on running until level 50 that is.

There's a "help menu" in game that explain all terms
For upgrading, blue weapon i feel like you can update whenever, the leather and iron costs are irrelevant. Purple and Legendary gear, leave the upgrades till youre max lvl

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Flying enemies need to be addressed.

Also, toxic is NOT taken off when you receive healing. As a technomancer, I'm constantly healing, yet constantly under the effect -- unless I'm just stupid.

Just having a really dumb time with alpha perforos all armoring up and all jumping at the exact same time creating a pinball effect of stupidity. Can't freeze them because they're immune to cold snap when they're armored up. Meanwhile flying bugs across the map are hitting me with the toxic effect, which means I can't sprint out and create some distance.

They really need to let solo players have a revive or something for expeditions.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Looking for a CT15 carry on Xbox. My gamer tag is: WATERMELON5485
Btw that's possible, right? If I join someone else's game and we get gold it will unlock for me?
I'm stuck on CT14...best I can do on a map is Silver in one of the easier ones (you need gold in CT14 to advance to 15)

Komogata

Mar 15, 2018
When your doing the campaign I'd say you get plenty of new items to make it not worth it unless you found something you super particularly like at this point. You'll get titanium as you play of course so its no big loss if you use it but you also find more items so its up to you.
Alright, thank you kind stranger :)

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
On a side note, take advantage of Moaning Winds before PCF nerfs it. It's a legendary weapon mod that does an AOE attack every time you reload. The broken aspect of it is that the cooldown (8 seconds) isn't universal, you can put it on all 3 of your guns and rotate between them.

The damage is absolutely insane.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Beat the campaign at Level 29 and with World Tier 8 unlocked.

Had to knock the World Tier down to 4 for the final boss fights though due to the absolute highest order bullshittery on display.

Not only the usual bullet sponginess of the boss (And being immune to Time/slow effects), but also,
Spawning two adds that don't seem to expire
Able to summon two more no matter how many others are already in play
The adds themselves having double health bars so by the time you take them down the boss is summoning two more
The adds aren't affected by damage abilities like temporal blade
When you do destroy the adds, they don't trigger the Trickster's heal on close range kill ability

I mean what? Those final boss battles were not even remotely balanced for solo play.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Beat the campaign at Level 29 and with World Tier 8 unlocked.

Had to knock the World Tier down to 4 for the final boss fights though due to the absolute highest order bullshittery on display.

Not only the usual bullet sponginess of the boss (And being immune to Time/slow effects), but also,
Spawning two adds that don't seem to expire
Able to summon two more no matter how many others are already in play
The adds themselves having double health bars so by the time you take them down the boss is summoning two more
The adds aren't affected by damage abilities like temporal blade
When you do destroy the adds, they don't trigger the Trickster's heal on close range kill ability

I mean what? Those final boss battles were not even remotely balanced for solo play.
I'd bet 90% of players bumped down the tier for the final boss. I put it on like 4 or 5. It just wasn't a fun battle, not worth the stress.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'd bet 90% of players bumped down the tier for the final boss. I put it on like 4 or 5. It just wasn't a fun battle, not worth the stress.
I'd come close to doing it on some other bosses, again just due to the utter bullet sponge mechanic they seem to have gone for with bosses, but generally stuck with it. Those final two fights though it just wasn't worth trying and trying with how utterly broken they are for solo play.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Got some good game time last night with friends, we got to ct13, would have gotten gold if the game didn't bug and made my scrap grenade not prob, neutering 1/2 my damage lol. That being said my deva bleed build is starting to really shine. I started out damaging my techno friend in the majority of our runs. But holy shit 24k tide pods to level a legendary from 48 to 49 is rough lol

word of warning for those in lower CT, but if there are legendaries you want from Tiago, buy them early, price increases as you increase your max level and it's cheaper to upgrade the legendary than buy it from Tiago if you got it earlier. At 49 it costs 40k. I bought some at lvl 47 at 10k, 48 is 19k

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
I played the game all day yesterday, 30 hours logged in total, with only one crash. Had no issues on PC with playing several cross play sessions joining other games and having people join mine. Feels like the kinks are worked out for the most part on my end.

Sucks to hear people are so having issues playing this incredibly great game.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
- I beat all hunter, wanted and historian quests but im still world tier 12. How do I get to 15 asap to get the legendaries ? Just do available side quests ?

Any tips on getting seismic commander gear?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
The online lag... Haven't experienced such an horrific one since ten years ago at least !
I've had some good games and others that were unplayable. The weirdest one had terrible lag but myself and the the other guy that was playing have fiber 1gbps connections.

Finished an expedition last night and my character helmet disappeared which is annoying as I farmed for it due to it having the stats I wanted.. Improved from a character wipe I guess?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
- I beat all hunter, wanted and historian quests but im still world tier 12. How do I get to 15 asap to get the legendaries ? Just do available side quests ?

You honestly shouldn't. You can repeat all of these quests or farm specific monster closets for hours upon hours, but WT 15 really doesn't do that much for you since you have a different endgame leveling system in the expeditions. And those expeditions give you better gear on high level.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You honestly shouldn't. You can repeat all of these quests or farm specific monster closets for hours upon hours, but WT 15 really doesn't do that much for you since you have a different endgame leveling system in the expeditions. And those expeditions give you better gear on high level.
I really just wanted the legendary for reaching a new tier from 13, 14, 15.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
Encountered a glitch where I turned in a bounty and the gun I choose was not the gun I received. Well, stats wise. The gun was the same but the stats and level were way lower than what they should have been. That happen to anyone?

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
So, it seems that when you keep a weapon with you after leveling a few levels, you need to remove and insert again the desired mod to increase its stat effect.

After finding a few matches with good network or going solo, some weapon mods definitely break. Like the one sending an anomaly sphere after each reload, at one random point it stops working and when it does its over for me. Its tied with the only weapon I can use, I have terrible loot and can't get past level 9 on expeditions. I might just replaying some solo quest but a lot of locked journal entry bugs left me sour. Should I bother continue with the game ? I love the gameplay but the progression seems broken at some point.

I've had some good games and others that were unplayable. The weirdest one had terrible lag but myself and the the other guy that was playing have fiber 1gbps connections.

Finished an expedition last night and my character helmet disappeared which is annoying as I farmed for it due to it having the stats I wanted.. Improved from a character wipe I guess?

Got the same issue earlier :/

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any fix for the party joining failure issue? People have been able to join my games since Day 1, but if I try to join anyone else, I get this party joining failure message.

Eskiboy

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham
I seem to have hit a wall. Im on CT 9 and can't seem to climb higher. The gear dropping from CT 9 isn't improving and i can't complete one CT10 to get some new gear. I don't know where to go from here.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I seem to have hit a wall. Im on CT 9 and can't seem to climb higher. The gear dropping from CT 9 isn't improving and i can't complete one CT10 to get some new gear. I don't know where to go from here.
If you're on, create an invite code, I'll hop on and try to help at CT10? For future reference join our Discord and do the same?

(in general, playing CT10 and even getting blue items from the consolation boxes should help, since you can upgrade em to purple cheaply).

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Are things more stable now? Stopped playing a few days back, hoping to hear the inventory deletion shit is over with.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
So I'm powering through the story as a Technomancer to have another class to play around with end game content with my friends. Though actually looking at the abilities I struggle to see how this class can actually do consistent DPS in expeditions without blighted rounds. So I'm assuming your options are either DPS with blighted rounds or maybe you could be useful as a support? Are there any useful late game builds that are not based around blighted rounds?

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Ever since the patch, I can't log in. I've even tested internet connection to force a break with the game eternally logging in.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I really have a love and hate relationships with this game. One wrong descision in my build, gear, mods and i get wrecked and die a lot and do shit damage. Get kicked out of parties if i can even find one Now i have a decent build and can run CT15 and the last one dropped 3 legendaries. And i get in every match with no problems.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I'm powering through the story as a Technomancer to have another class to play around with end game content with my friends. Though actually looking at the abilities I struggle to see how this class can actually do consistent DPS in expeditions without blighted rounds. So I'm assuming your options are either DPS with blighted rounds or maybe you could be useful as a support? Are there any useful late game builds that are not based around blighted rounds?
Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who is only interested in the most efficient, min-max, optimal builds you can have (obvs: there are viable builds with every class for endgame, but these are likely the four absolute strongest builds in the game right now, because he always dives super deep into the math of it all):