• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you! You saved me a ton of materials because I was going to level up the set and add more attributes to try it out but since I hardly ever play with other people I could care less about the party bonus.

I am not gonna give the mine build a chance as I'm just not a fan of it. I couldn't wait until I could equip a new skill when I had it. I'm just not a fan of how you deploy them and it feels clunky a lot like the Cryo Turret.

Yeah the animation is garbage. I'm not a fan of how it locks you into where you aim and so you can't even look around then after the animation ends all the aim acceleration catches up and jerks the camera.

Also it never goes where I'm looking.. I honestly don't even know how to aim it I just get in CQB and look at the ground otherwise it makes me want to vomit lol

I figured the Tricksters would still be pretty easy to gear since they have Twisted Rounds but I guess it's not nearly as good as Blighted?
They nerfed the shit out of like 3 of Trickster's nodes so the overall dmg dropoff is like 50% of what i was before. Vulnerability nerf hit trickster harder because they don't have a bunch of nodes that make vulnerability really strong. Ammo generation isn't as good as what techno has. They can do a bleed build but the weapon has to apply it (two mods) whereas techno gets toxic AND their bullets do toxic AND the skill one generates more ammo on kill. It's really weird.

Having to be relatively close is rough too even though they have the best mobility skill in the game.. it's also really buggy.

Oh and on top of that the tricker is really fragile but you have to be in close range to get all the good buffs so with techno if you make a mistake your DPS drops and your time hurts. If you make a mistake on tricker you are DEAD. Start that map over 😂

With hunt the prey mod that replenishes ammo tricker can be really strong but the entire existence of CT15 tricker almost solely relies on that mod which is dumb.

Anyway I'm curious about clear times people are putting up with techno. Most seem to be doing it on KB/M and getting insanely fast times. I'm clearing golds comfortably when I don't make mistakes but nowhere near the times I'm seeing online; I'm guessing it's just mechanically impossible to do 5-6min clears on techno with a controller?

Throw on the mod that makes all shots crit for 5 seconds after a kill to a shotty and you're golden.

This build is sick and has relatively low legendary requirements but it's also one of the least fun builds I've played LOL. You're just spamming the shield for armor (so with twisted you essentially only have 1 skill you're using.. meh) but still squishy af and you have to use a shotgun but have no mobility.

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Yeah the animation is garbage. I'm not a fan of how it locks you into where you aim and so you can't even look around then after the animation ends all the aim acceleration catches up and jerks the camera.

Also it never goes where I'm looking.. I honestly don't even know how to aim it I just get in CQB and look at the ground otherwise it makes me want to vomit lol

They nerfed the shit out of like 3 of Trickster's nodes so the overall dmg dropoff is like 50% of what i was before. Vulnerability nerf hit trickster harder because they don't have a bunch of nodes that make vulnerability really strong. Ammo generation isn't as good as what techno has. They can do a bleed build but the weapon has to apply it (two mods) whereas techno gets toxic AND their bullets do toxic AND the skill one generates more ammo on kill. It's really weird.

Having to be relatively close is rough too even though they have the best mobility skill in the game.. it's also really buggy.

Oh and on top of that the tricker is really fragile but you have to be in close range to get all the good buffs so with techno if you make a mistake your DPS drops and your time hurts. If you make a mistake on tricker you are DEAD. Start that map over 😂

With hunt the prey mod that replenishes ammo tricker can be really strong but the entire existence of CT15 tricker almost solely relies on that mod which is dumb.

Anyway I'm curious about clear times people are putting up with techno. Most seem to be doing it on KB/M and getting insanely fast times. I'm clearing golds comfortably when I don't make mistakes but nowhere near the times I'm seeing online; I'm guessing it's just mechanically impossible to do 5-6min clears on techno with a controller?

This build is sick and has relatively low legendary requirements but it's also one of the least fun builds I've played LOL. You're just spamming the shield for armor (so with twisted you essentially only have 1 skill you're using.. meh) but still squishy af and you have to use a shotgun but have no mobility.

The only thing that holds me back from clearing faster than I'd like to is the accuracy because of the acceleration. I've gotten used to it but it's still not as accurate as I'd like. If you start missing too many shots then you're not going to get enough kills to keep your BR refilled. If you let BR run off then you pretty much kill your gold run. I get 45 rounds out of the Tactical AR which isn't bad but sometimes you cut it really close so the mod that lets you get a 2nd magazine is NICE to have just incase you let it drop then it's not a big deal but then again using that mod spot for anything else is also good. The reason I ran LMG with this build for so long was because you never had to worry about BR running out but the AR just does so much more dmg.

I'll be happy when PCF do an all around diablo type buff where all the skills and set bonuses become more viable that way you don't have to rely on guns 99% of the time. It's a reason why I'm leveling a Devastator because they can do some crazy dmg end game and it's almost all skills.

I do have to say it's nice just sitting back and leveling without the stress of a time limit. Maybe they should to a scoring based system that way healers and support are encouraged to group up with DPS. If it's just who kills the shit the fastest then it's always going to be DPS DPS DPS.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

I'm a Pyro, I love my 95k Firepower Darkness Charmer with Embalmer's Rage for guaranteed crits on it combined with the mod that the gun doesn't use bullets when getting crits if the target has burn applied. Yeah, shotties aren't my favorite weapon but it's just such a good combo.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Have my full legendary trespasser set on my trickster. Cant die in slow bubble and time rift kicks ass. However, i get kicked a lot out of games because i play the support role and dont use twisted rounds build. One expedition finished they look at damage number and not shield and heals and i get kicked out. This game is really not pushing different builds because of the timer on expeditions. It really sucks because im grinding lvl50 gear for twisted rounds now so i can enjoy the game.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So I took 13 ARs and did the reroll and Alt-F4 trick (before leaving the crafting screen) to reset if I didn't get any good rolls. I did this about 3 times and on my 4th round I got a 473. So it looks like it is possible and way quicker than trying to redupe a bunch of ARs to reroll again.
A 473?? A FOUR hundred seventy three? That sounds so much higher than every other number I've seen thrown out there that it's hard for me to believe...
Have my full legendary trespasser set on my trickster. Cant die in slow bubble and time rift kicks ass. However, i get kicked a lot out of games because i play the support role and dont use twisted rounds build. One expedition finished they look at damage number and not shield and heals and i get kicked out. This game is really not pushing different builds because of the timer on expeditions. It really sucks because im grinding lvl50 gear for twisted rounds now so i can enjoy the game.
Yeah, the dps race endgame basically makes it so there will only ever be one "allowed" endgame build, otherwise get used to being kicked. It feels like a really stupid decision to have the whole endgame be tied to a timer.

Last edited:

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
This is also going to get patched out and won't work anymore. This is the same stacking bug they restricted the massacre mod on techno's for, they know about it and said they'll fix it after.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
A 473?? A FOUR hundred seventy three? That sounds so much higher than every other number I've seen thrown out there that it's hard for me to believe...

Yeah, the dps race endgame basically makes it so there will only ever be one "allowed" endgame build, otherwise get used to being kicked. It feels like a really stupid decision to have the whole endgame be tied to a timer.
There are lots of builds, it's not just one. But you have to help push dps, the scaling in multiplayer demands it, enemies have almost 4x the amount of health in a party of 3 compared to solo, you need all 3 players to be pulling their weight.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game, I liked the story and characters. A "classic" overall but entertaining.
As I probably laready said, not a big fan of multi games, I tried a couple of coop but I definetly cant find much fun... but thats just me.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Got a CT15 gold clear last night. Reworked the class tree for 15% more harm/20% more damage and used the Tier III mod that eats your health for 75% more damage. There's no way that would have worked until I got all decent level 50 gear, there's definitely something in there to make your ilvevel very important to challenge tiers, 'cause like some befor eit, it was initially rough, then a few crappy "upgrades" that were more sidegrades or actually just level bumps and it became tollerable, then back to good spec build and easily doable again. No complaints there, that works and feels rewarding to do.

Tried one of those CT missions where you have to pay to enter - Colosseum. Loved it, mosnters everywhere. Warned me it was for co-op only lol. Didn't finish it but it still dropped a lot of stuff so I was probably pretty close.

Love seeing all this about one of the best weapons in the game being a £6 DLC blue auto rifle. There's no way that DLC won't become a top seller with so many playing this on game pass, thinking throwing a fiver at a "free" game is fine, and it'll raise a few eyebrows and have some rubbing their hands together lol. It won't be the last of its kind in this game going forward if it gets expansions. I already have a legendary AR over 90k and never used it, but I might just do this for something to do hah.

Last edited:

Naru

May 11, 2019
It seems there is a point in the game where you have to talk to Channa to continue through the Desert and when you do the screen just goes black for a few minutes. I thought it crashed but people say just leave the game running and it will progress eventually. What the hell....

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Finished the game, I liked the story and characters. A "classic" overall but entertaining.
As I probably laready said, not a big fan of multi games, I tried a couple of coop but I definetly cant find much fun... but thats just me.
Let's just say this game is great with friends and not with random people. You need coordination and organization to be highly effective in endgame expeditions, you can't really do that with random guys.
Also, it's just more fun.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Got a CT15 gold clear last night. Reworked the class tree for 15% more harm/20% more damage and used the Tier III mod that eats your health for 75% more damage. There's no way that would have worked until I got all decent level 50 gear, there's definitely something in there to make your ilvevel very important to challenge tiers, 'cause like some befor eit, it was initially rough, then a few crappy "upgrades" that were more sidegrades or actually just level bumps and it became tollerable, then back to good spec build and easily doable again. No complaints there, that works and feels rewarding to do.

Tried one of those CT missions where you have to pay to enter - Colosseum. Loved it, mosnters everywhere. Warned me it was for co-op only lol. Didn't finish it but it still dropped a lot of stuff so I was probably pretty close.

Love seeing all this about one of the best weapons in the game being a £6 DLC blue auto rifle. There's no way that DLC won't become a top seller with so many playing this on game pass, thinking throwing a fiver at a "free" game is fine, and it'll raise a few eyebrows and have some rubbing their hands together lol. It won't be the last of its kind in this game going forward if it gets expansions. I already have a legendary AR over 90k and never used it, but I might just do this for something to do hah.

Love love love The Coliseum.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Is there a way to see what mods certain equipment can drop when you rank them up from green to blue or from blue to purple?

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
There are lots of builds, it's not just one. But you have to help push dps, the scaling in multiplayer demands it, enemies have almost 4x the amount of health in a party of 3 compared to solo, you need all 3 players to be pulling their weight.
With the quality and amount of loot being tied to a timer, there will be a meta build for each class and any other build will get kicked out much more frequently. It's already happening as it is and will get worse without adjustments.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017

I know it's a little 'cheap' but that weapon slays. Not only is the DPS on it very high with a good roll but the TACTICAL variant for some reason does more damage than the other two and it has Bone Shrapnel built into it which is a great AOE mod plus it applies bleed so you can mod off of that to refill your weapon, or do more damage with bleeds or whatever. Bone Shrapnel did my 2nd most DPS in the Coliseum, first being Blighted Rounds.

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
I've got to the encounters, finding the pods. I can do level 6 solo but level 7 seems a bit much. I'm not really sure what the intention of them is, I've done 3 now and all the loot is way below the level I'm currently using. Are you meant to just sell it all and save up to buy something better?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I know it's a little 'cheap' but that weapon slays. Not only is the DPS on it very high with a good roll but the TACTICAL variant for some reason does more damage than the other two and it has Bone Shrapnel built into it which is a great AOE mod plus it applies bleed so you can mod off of that to refill your weapon, or do more damage with bleeds or whatever. Bone Shrapnel did my 2nd most DPS in the Coliseum, first being Blighted Rounds.
OK, definitely going to try this later then. Didn't know tactical ARs were so good, I'm still using LMGs (got 10 or 12 of them at level 49/50 with all kinds of variants, best one is just under 90k and has the +30% anomoly bonus and the one that you give up 50% of your health for 75% more damage). I looked at that video showing how to do it and the guy's got firepower at 250k... wtf is his skill tree like to get that? I've got firepower on almost all gear and it's still just under 200k.

This is what I had to do to get quicker at killing on CT15 to get gold:
technotechnoihkby.png

I've got to the encounters, finding the pods. I can do level 6 solo but level 7 seems a bit much. I'm not really sure what the intention of them is, I've done 3 now and all the loot is way below the level I'm currently using. Are you meant to just sell it all and save up to buy something better?

There's overlap with the first few challenge levels and the world level stuff, so if you come off the story highly levelled with a high world tier thanks to doing hunts and side quests etc. then the first challenge tiers will unlock quickly. Get your character up to 30 if you haven't and you'll be able to drop stuff at-level for the later challenges, then it gets more and more about how good your build is and getting your ilevel to match at the same time.

Simply, once you're gear is matched with the challenge tier, you'll be more effective. But you will find times when you can just go straight at the next one and be effective. Some jump by 2 though.

Last edited:

Son_of_Oden

Feb 27, 2020
So I just tried the DLC AR thingy and of at least 20 tries ALL OF THEM were below the starting FP of 339. So I guess I was too slow once again and they already patched it... -_-

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So I just tried the DLC AR thingy and of at least 20 tries ALL OF THEM were below the starting FP of 339. So I guess I was too slow once again and they already patched it... -_-
I got a 376 one on my 12th gun I tried a couple hours ago, so it's definitely still viable. Just use the alt+f4 trick so you don't have to keep doing the initial setup of getting a stack of them to convert.

Last edited:

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
What is up with People Can Fly and gun sounds? They are always so muted, silent and overcompressed. There is no punch to them. Shotgun have some low frequencies but top is totally hidden. It lacks that "crunch". It was the same in Bulletstorm. This game would be so much better with better sound.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017

They didn't. My first 10-15 tries were shit too and then I had luck on my next 15. All it takes is one to roll 360+ and you're golden.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I'm still having a blast slowly working through the campaign solo on XSX and doing all the side quests, hunts, wanted missions etc. as I come across them. Story wise I just killed the
mad scientist dude
, so not sure how much left to go. I'm level 23 and WT8, but have had to drop down to WT6 to get through some tough fights and then bump it back up. Still haven't had any crashes or other issues beyond the white line going to a prior objective rather than the newly selected one once. Haven't played any MP so far though.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Late game elites with frozen bullets spam is broken AF

Who thought it was a good idea to make skills and weapons unusable as soon as they hit you with a single bullet and you're not even fully frozen.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
not lucky is my middle name!

:P

Did another 5, all still below. Unless there is a way to cheese on Xbox to reroll I think I'm good wasting my day trying this as it is pretty tedious
Can you force quit the game without leaving the crafting screen after rolling the guns in your inventory to keep it from saving the changes to the guns? It should be the same as the alt+f4 trick on PC. That way you can keep using the same stock of guns over and over (I got 10 guns and just kept cycling through those and quit out when all 10 were bad rolls).

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Are people successfuly playing this in co-op now? Wondering if it's safe to return.

I've played a lot of co-op on XBox past few days, only with friends though, not random matchmaking. No issues other than the odd disconnect. It's not perfect in my experience but no awful things either. However, to be absolutely sure it's probably safest to wait until a patch, I assume.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I've played a lot of co-op on XBox past few days, only with friends though, not random matchmaking. No issues other than the odd disconnect. It's not perfect in my experience but no awful things either. However, to be absolutely sure it's probably safest to wait until a patch, I assume.
it's very hit and miss. Some times it's fine, other times every game you join has a bad connection. Sometimes the same game flips between being unplayable and totally fine.
Ok thank you.
I'll wait some more. Have some friends that don't game as much as me who I'm trying not to frustrate as we tried twice so far and it's been a disaster. We have a couple other co-op games we can go back to for now.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Can you force quit the game without leaving the crafting screen after rolling the guns in your inventory to keep it from saving the changes to the guns? It should be the same as the alt+f4 trick on PC. That way you can keep using the same stock of guns over and over (I got 10 guns and just kept cycling through those and quit out when all 10 were bad rolls).
I finally had a decent roll (372)but not sure if I missed a step or because I can currently only get it to level 47. The firepower on the gun is 61.3k which is good but not significantly better than the gun I already had

Last edited:

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
so then endgame is all about dps huh? kinda bullshit for build diversity..

i can complete ct15 but not gold.. timer is terrible for the game..

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
so then endgame is all about dps huh? kinda bullshit for build diversity..
It's a really terrible design, mostly because diverse builds were advertised as a feature of the game when in reality all that matters is DPS and you will be a detriment to the team if specced in anything else as they rush against the clock

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I finally had a decent roll (372)but not sure if I missed a step or because I can currently only get it to level 47. The firepower on the gun is 61.3k which is good but not significantly better than the gun I already had
Have you reached CT 15 on Expeditions? If not then that's why you're stuck at 47. With a 372 roll you should be able to get that gun up to around 94k damage at 50 I believe? Plus it's not just about the damage, Tactical AR's do more damage than most other guns for some reason even if the numbers are the same, plus it has a great mod on it so you can make the second mod whatever you want once you turn it into a purple and you get two amazing mods.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I tried rolling the ar trick over 60 times yesterday. I cant get it past 347. Is it because of my level? World tier? Ct tier ?

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I tried rolling the ar trick over 60 times yesterday. I cant get it past 347. Is it because of my level? World tier? Ct tier ?
That shouldn't matter just for getting the base dmg on the gun, you may just be really unlucky. I've seen reports of it taking people a lot of tries before they finally got a good roll.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The DLC AR is good, but doesn't suit my build as I'm not crit-based and tbh can't joypad aim good enough to make it work for me lol. I can do a lot more damage reliably with the spray-and-pray LMG on the left even with its awkward dead stat "Healing Received" and despite the tactical AR's (possibly gonna be nerfed?) magic numbers it apparently pulls form... somewhere.

45 in the clip for my build, fires in pulses of three, I think I'd be wasting far too much of that to take advantage of the huge numbers. If I was playing with m/kb, specced in to crits and going for the content with lots of humanoid enemies it'd be perfect, but I'll be sticking to the monsters, my LMG and my build that plays off ADS kill boosting trash and armour pierce.

bluearlvk2k.png

eek

Oct 26, 2017
The DLC AR is good, but doesn't suit my build as I'm not crit-based and tbh can't joypad aim good enough to make it work for me lol. I can do a lot more damage reliably with the spray-and-pray LMG on the left even with its awkward dead stat "Healing Received" and despite the tactical AR's (possibly gonna be nerfed?) magic numbers it apparently pulls form... somewhere.

45 in the clip for my build, fires in pulses of three, I think I'd be wasting far too much of that to take advantage of the huge numbers. If I was playing with m/kb, specced in to crits and going for the content with lots of humanoid enemies it'd be perfect, but I'll be sticking to the monsters, my LMG and my build that plays off ADS kill boosting trash and armour pierce.

bluearlvk2k.png
You can always run embalmers on the AR to get crits for 5 seconds on kill

I need to test it more but for potato aim people it might be the better mod since ADS locks into chest on controller even if you're aiming at their head already 🙄