• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Will do. I was reading about issues with scaling and going back to older tiers once you're gear is higher up so I was going to test that out either way. I heard that when you get to WT15, going back to 13/14 is just as hard. Is that true?
It definitely feels that way.

As far as weird scaling things go, I only just noticed there was a followup video to DPJ's messy first one where he tiredly showed weird scaling things happening with lower level blues and lower challenge tier content. I'm going to see if I can play around with that a little, needs armour with lots of firepower boost I believe. Reminds me of that first white Anthem gun that was best in game for a while in a way, although that had an artificial boost to bump you in to the game and was being used in a way they didn't intend. This seems more like just a clash of numberwang black boxes.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Had my first session with a friend last night crossplaying him on PC with me on Xbox. Luckily, it was almost flawless.

The only bug we encountered over 2.5ish hours of play was autoloot randomly stopped working towards the end, but fixed itself after fast travel. For those who don't know, "h" on keyboard or "down dpad" on controller loots everything lying on the ground in a huge area, so if your pal opens a chest on the other side of an arena, you can just press autoloot and you get it all, including mineral drops.

Tried playing a solo devastator this morning, and I'm getting a connection error every time I try to fast travel back to town, after having done the first side quest outside of rift town.

Having a blast with the gameplay so far!

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
After finishing the game and working my way on the Expeditions, i can safely say that leveling up feels weak. Why should i level up if everyone level up with me? Autoscaling is and will always be a bad system, as much as i love the gameplay loop.
It defeats the purpose of getting stronger and stronger.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After finishing the game and working my way on the Expeditions, i can safely say that leveling up feels weak. Why should i level up if everyone level up with me? Autoscaling is and will always be a bad system, as much as i love the gameplay loop.
It defeats the purpose of getting stronger and stronger.
No, it doesn't.

A level 30 has access to god tier skills and mods. Levelling up not just the number next to your name.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
No, it doesn't.

A level 30 has access to god tier skills and mods. Levelling up not just the number next to your name.
That's right with player levels, but challenge tier levelling affects your player in different ways and kinda breaks lower level content in a bad way. Push up and up and don't look back, but then you kind have to question what do you do when you get to the top if everything below scales up harshly and hinders effective farming of mats and gear.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
That's right with player levels, but challenge tier levelling affects your player in different ways and kinda breaks lower level content in a bad way. Push up and up and don't look back, but then you kind have to question what do you do when you get to the top if everything below scales up harshly and hinders effective farming of mats and gear.
That's my point, it's utterly meaningless to achieve super high end stuff, since autoscaling prevents you from giving purpose to being strong.
50 hours of farming high end equipment to just have the same experience. It doesn't feel rewarding.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
So I heard the "optimal" way to play the game is just make a beeline through the main scenario quests and play sidequests later when you are high level with high WT so the quest rewards are more appropriate to prepare you for the end-game stuff.

But hmmm, playing it that way make it seem like it would break the flow of the story too much, yea?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I heard the "optimal" way to play the game is just make a beeline through the main scenario quests and play sidequests later when you are high level with high WT so the quest rewards are more appropriate to prepare you for the end-game stuff.

But hmmm, playing it that way make it seem like it would break the flow of the story too much, yea?

Just save that for an alt character if you make one, it's not worth metagaming a first playthough.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands

Do this for your second character, first character i would just enjoy everything. unless you only want to enjoy and play endgame then i would keep the world tier at 1 and beeline to the end. But the reason people only do this for there second character and not their first is that when you finish the game you hit a wall because at WT1 your drops are not that great. So now you are stuck at endgame with shitty gear and cant beat a single world tier or expedition. You have a shared stashbox, so for your second character you can use the collected weapons your first character got and you are good to go.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
I managed ct12 easy even with a level below the recommendation.
Getting my ass handed in ct13 while being on recommend level, uff

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
what a boring repetitive outdoor corridor wave shooter. the voice acting is worse than an amateur high school play. if this is what makes gamers happy these days it's a very sad state of affairs.
giphy.gif

If you don't enjoy the game then ok.. but cmon.. everyone has their own preference.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

If you don't enjoy the game then ok.. but cmon.. everyone has their own preference.

I'll never understand why someone needs to come post their negative take and insult players at the same time. Don't they have anything better to do? Guess not.

I for one am really enjoying outriders. I scratches that loot itch I love so much. It was a good surprise.

Kerrick

Oct 28, 2017
End game spoiler question:
="Does Moloch ever show up again? Was pretty sure I'd face him again but I'm at the end, did all the sidequests and nothing.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I really wanna play I only buy like two games a year so this and Avengers has been a real combo of great purchases.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
I was skeptical after the demo, but the full game grabbed me. It is currently dominating my Xbox friend list, apparently cannibalizing Destiny 2.
A lot of third party publishers are probably salivating right now at the prospect of launching through Game Pass.

I don´t believe Outriders will have significant legs, and I found several irritating bugs. It crashed to my Xbox One X dashboard about once per hour.
That said, I almost couldn´t put it down and ultimately got every achievement in a week-long marathon.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Of course there are. They didn't put out a definitive fix for it, they put out preventative measures to help protect against it. They also put up new threads to gather reports/data on new wipes to help narrow down the cause.

Hence why I asked, no need to be snippy. Preventative measures means there was a chance it doesnt happen.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I just hit Character Level 30 and have only managed to make it to Tier 9. Still haven't completed the main story yet either as I've been doing all of the sidequests and hunts. Love how long this game has been. Looking forward to see what the post-game content is like.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Playing the game in SOLO with Technomancer and really enjoying it. I dont usually like these kind of games, but the story, the powers and the fact that is fun even in solo play is making the difference.
Now on WT 11, but when its too hard I just change WT to 1 and then go back to the actual one I reached... :P
Level 24 now, doing all subquest available... only concern is that I dont really feel more powerful upgrading myself because of auto scaling, not enough at least!

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
So what's the general consensus of this game ERA? Any good? What if you don't have friends who play it?

Story is solo and if your gear is good you can solo expeditions, but if the server is stable you can matchmake with others and has crossplay. And endgame does not have any weird mechanics that you need to learn like destiny that is a drag to do with randoms. You just need to have a good build and gear.

Last edited:

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Started messing around on a Devastator after beating the game/doing CTs on Technomancer...feels like a who different game lol, Techno is strong but the skills are very basic compared to the other classes which do crazy shit. Good time so far.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Started messing around on a Devastator after beating the game/doing CTs on Technomancer...feels like a who different game lol, Techno is strong but the skills are very basic compared to the other classes which do crazy shit. Good time so far.
Yes, Dev can be really cool but it requires a lot of setup to be effective. Still, full AP Devastator (bottom tree) is super fun and super strong.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I have a baby Devestator but I've made a second technomancer just to be able to farm stuff at the pre-expedition level efficiently. Only did it when experimenting with a few things, but it sorta just continured. Takes me back to Destiny days where I'd reroll a character in a day just for a few spins of the wheel lol. Might take it up the tiers a bit to where it can farm end game resources well, get decent stuff from story/hunt/wanteds but not get priced out of the fun like my main one.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I managed ct12 easy even with a level below the recommendation.
Getting my ass handed in ct13 while being on recommend level, uff
Solo? I'm like stuck at CT11...
Need help with a team.. but not risking matchmaking now for inventory wipe.. I'll wait until everything is fix.
Looks like a bunch of us in the Discord in the OT are at CT12/CT11 if you ever wanna join and push through to CT15 with the same folks.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
the whole "if you aren't host, some mods don't proc" is quite annoying. Finding myself running out of Blighted rounds a whole lot more while group play vs. hosting.

Oct 30, 2017
So what's the general consensus of this game ERA? Any good? What if you don't have friends who play it?
Solo play is still fun and doable, although you may need to lower the world tier as you progress just to avoid frustrations.

If PCF can fix the matchmaking issues, it is a worthy co-op title. The times I've had a decent connection have been an absolute blast.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
Using the weapon below but often the Perpetuum mod isn't working and I can run dry on ammo while killing multiple enemies. Is it possible that the lightning mod is doing the killing and not counting as me doing it so it won't proc? It's a great weapon but using this with Twisted Rounds so I really need it to be working 100% of the time.

bZ6aSIN.jpg
This is my question as well.

it seems like my inferno rounds burn is stealing kills from me.

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know how scaling works for multiple people in a team? I've not done much online stuff but joined a team for a bit that was 3 of us, I was level 28 and they were both 30. It was taking me ages to kill anything so I put it down to just being under levelled, but someone joined my game yesterday while fighting a Wizard Warlord or some shit and we spent an hour chipping away but didn't even manage to take 1 section of it's health away.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Does anyone know how scaling works for multiple people in a team? I've not done much online stuff but joined a team for a bit that was 3 of us, I was level 28 and they were both 30. It was taking me ages to kill anything so I put it down to just being under levelled, but someone joined my game yesterday while fighting a Wizard Warlord or some shit and we spent an hour chipping away but didn't even manage to take 1 section of it's health away.
If it's the Warlord I'm thinking of it's heavily resistant, and is super tanky.

...if you are underleveled joining a group, yeah, you'll be doing less damage. If some overleveled joins you, they will scale down to within two levels I believe.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Story is solo and if your gear is good you can solo expeditions, but if the server is stable you can matchmake with others and has crossplay. And endgame does not have any weird mechanics that you need to learn like destiny that is a drag to do with randoms. You just need to have a good build and gear.
Solo play is still fun and doable, although you may need to lower the world tier as you progress just to avoid frustrations.

If PCF can fix the matchmaking issues, it is a worthy co-op title. The times I've had a decent connection have been an absolute blast.

Thanks guys! I don't know much about this game outside of it seeming like a mix of destiny and a few other games. And I'm itching to get into something new. Just none of my current gaming friends play so was worried about playing by myself especially end game

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
This is my question as well.

it seems like my inferno rounds burn is stealing kills from me.
Yes, I believe that if a mod's effect kills an enemy it doesn't count for Perpetuum Mobile. But also, if you are playing multiplayer and not the host, there are currently issues around registration and proc'ing. I had to stop relying on this mod as my major refill mechanic, and added Bullet Absorption for this sit'.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
the whole "if you aren't host, some mods don't proc" is quite annoying. Finding myself running out of Blighted rounds a whole lot more while group play vs. hosting.
This and group scaling I think are two of the major issues after inventory wipes are taken care of. Host almost always ends up with nearly double the damage of other players, which would be less of an issue if Expeditions weren't times DPS checks only.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
This Devastator build sounds fun. Think I'll try it when I level mine up. After playing the OP tech and hiding far away from everything this would be quite a change of pace.

So basically I grabbed Brawl (+100% melee damage) took Strong Arm of the Anomaly skill node (also +100% melee damage - they stack) Martial Arts (halved melee cooldown) and Untamed Power, which makes a 5m nuke on yourself on skill use at 30% of your AP in damage. This hits harder than baseline Earthquake, but barely further than melee range.

Your class melee skill counts as a skill for firing off Untamed Power.

So what I've been doing is going Earthquake (modified for range and bleed, with +60% bleed damage and +60% duration and 25% bleed leech), melee, impale (modded for +50% damage to bleeders), melee, Tremors, melee, extra charges of EQ/Impale, melee, etc. You can chain all of these things back-to-back non-stop with less than a second long animations, and every single action fires Untamed Power.

It's like simultaneously being a nuker, DoT build, melee powerhouse, tank, all while drowning in self-heals. I don't even fire my guns anymore, I just flop into the enemy mob like a ball pit and blast fist-shaped holes through their backs. Insanely fun to play. Probably still clocks lower DPS than the damn Blighted Rounds builds but I feel vastly more engaged - and captains are melting before they even get a single attack off through my combos, so I'm not exactly lamenting DPS.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
This game has one of the most addictive gameplay loops I've encountered in some time, and that's coming from somebody who typically is lukewarm at best when it comes to loot shooters.

People Can Fly know how to craft solid and compelling mechanics. The shooting and powers feel sooooo good. :)

Only complaint is logging into a SP game yesterday was a hassle. I had to close out my game and restart like three times.

Also had my fist crash but that's after some serious time playing so no real complaints. Game looks great and plays even better. What a remarkable surprise Outriders has been. :)

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game has one of the most addictive gameplay loops I've encountered in some time, and that's coming from somebody who typically is lukewarm at best when it comes to loot shooters.

People Can Fly know how to craft solid and compelling mechanics. The shooting and powers feel sooooo good. :)

Only complaint is logging into a SP game yesterday was a hassle. I had to close out my game and restart like three times.

Also had my fist crash but that's after some serious time playing so no real complaints. Game looks great and plays even better. What a remarkable surprise Outriders has been. :)

I agree, and I really think it's in their mod system. I can go for minutes on end with blighted ammo replenishing and just going pure balls to the wall crazy on crowds it feel so fun.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
I agree, and I really think it's in their mod system. I can go for minutes on end with blighted ammo replenishing and just going pure balls to the wall crazy on crowds it feel so fun.

I agree and I think the mods in this game are really useful whereas in some other games they feel...insubstantial. I also like the fact that the powers have a cool down period but its brief enough that you don't feel you have to be stingy about using said powers, especially if you implement additional mods to enhance them.