• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
i always feel like a glass cannon as pyro, but I just rely on the fast healing and run in there with an LMG, volcanic rounds and a dream. Works more often than it doesn't. Still, if there's actually like a billion snipers you pretty much have to slow play that only pushing when you're certain you won't get hit, or can tank it.

I made some tweaks to my build and things are working out a tad better; easy to forget I'm not playing Devastator.

I am using a legendary rifle with big crit stats, my volcanic bullets ricochet through enemies under 50% HP with a boost to firepower from cover mod —the double volcanic clip mod and the Ash to burning dmg skill are amazing.

I went pure glass cannon pyro without volcanic rounds and snipers are only a problem if I hang back instead of being aggressive. Now at level 25, tier 9 is mostly smooth sailing.

Most of the snipers can be dealt with by getting close to them fast and by using the terrain as cover.

Yep, I've learned to finally use cover and make them a priority. They are a bigger threat than other altered folks (unless they are both..ugh).

Last edited:

Assy Grass

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 30, 2021
Are low world tiers still okay for getting good loot? I'm enjoying then game, but I struggle at higher difficulties (also I don't want to play co-op if I can help it). Will I be locked out of the best loot if I stuck to singleplayer and low world tiers?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The snipers in this game don't feel great to me. I have a legendary sniper with my Technomancer build, but the way the aiming works and the fast nature of enemies swarming you while your in cover means that more often than not, stopping to snipe enemies is not a viable option.

Because of this I've created an assault build that is based on buffs towards assault rifles and damage buffs to frozen enemies. I'm able to to play alot more aggressive and I'm still melting anything at level 28/ WT11 playing solo.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Are low world tiers still okay for getting good loot? I'm enjoying then game, but I struggle at higher difficulties (also I don't want to play co-op if I can help it). Will I be locked out of the best loot if I stuck to singleplayer and low world tiers?

I would not worry about the loot. Use the world tier which works best for you. All the early game loot even at higher tiers will become obsolete quickly.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Currently solo'ed up to Expedition tier 12 with my Devastator Leap/Bleed build. Need to farm 11 some more to upgrade my pieces.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I am up to level 20 ( but only wt6!!) and am falling back in love with trickster. Early levels I could warp around "rooms" clearing out the entire enemy base. Mid game I felt pretty underpowered as I couldn't kill fast enough to keep my shield up under the inevitable barrage of fire....

Now I've unlocked the top tree perks that give 50 percent weapon damage when I warp, and 50 percent weapon damage when i throw my interrupt.

Suddenly I can warp freely again. Feels like it's more in spirit of the class now.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little stuck soloing Expeditions Tier 9 with the trickster. I need to get better items that suit my build but I'm on a weird spot: the tier 8 expeditions, that I can farm pretty safely, drop level 41 items meanwhile the tier 9 expeditions have level 43 enemies. I don't know which is the best way to get improvements now.

Ushay, my best pal is playing a Technomancer and, with almost the same hours played, he's soloing tier 11 expeditions.

PS: I'm eager to see what the Tier III mods (the ones that are linked to legendaries) can do in terms of builds viability. Right now, I'm feeling that every class need to have the special bullets skill as their main utility and I would love to see more variety on that regard.

Last edited:

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
So despite the technical problems with the demo I couldnt resist and bought the game. Seems like the full version is a tad better.
But this game man. I'm just lvl 12 and WT6 but it's just so much fun.
Discovering new mods and try to find stupid fun OP skill/mod combos is so much fun.

Playing pyromancer and simply shooting a single burning bullet will make groups of enemies burn thanks to mods and I never have to reload my weapon cause my life leech skill also reloads my Magazin whole I can Spam flame waves that increases overall dmg on burning enemies and and on.

This is great, I really hope PCF can fix the tech stuff to make this game even more amazing

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
The further I get into the game the better the overall quest and level design gets. The demo really is a very poor demonstration of how the entire game looks.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My favorite thing is still how people kept crying about the "brown and grey warzone aesthetic" and then immediately the second area is different and the third area etc...
the game actually has a lot of color and visual design in it

Cocobani

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or does the Technomancer feel lack luster compared to the other classes.
Nope, I melt things with my Techno at level 30/WT15. I got a nice legendary that causes a nasty AOE explosion on crit with a 3 sec cool down and they just blow up in pieces. Couple that with the ice turret and you can pretty much run wild on groups of mobs.
Edit 1- This is with me just finding out that you can swap the secondary ability in the weapons and armor and not just the primary lol...I would probably be doing a lot better had I known this 40 hours ago....

Oct 26, 2017
So do the special rounds scale with firepower at all or only with anomaly power? I'm at the point where I'm trying to get a proper build going.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
How are you doing that? Which mod/skill does that?
So you are never running out of your special ammunition once activated?

There is a mod for "feed the flames" that replenishes 33% ammo on use.
Another mod makes it so that you can use up to two mags before the bullet buff vanishes.
Combined with a 100 shot magazine Assault rifle means that I got 200 shots before the buff expires and replenish 33 per use of feed the flames.
My main dmg source is heatwave which I can use 3 times before cooldown.

Another weapon mod speards debuffs on enemies near the target. So swarming enemies require a single bullet to give them the burn debuff and then it's a matter of roasting them with heatwave and finish the rest off with 1-2 bullets and the reload by feed the flames on the last survivor

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing is still how people kept crying about the "brown and grey warzone aesthetic" and then immediately the second area is different and the third area etc...
the game actually has a lot of color and visual design in it

For me it's a little bit of a mistake there from PCF. I mean, this game has a loooot of pretty and unique areas in the second half of the game but the first three are soooo generic that I understand some complains about that.

Kitaj

Oct 30, 2017
I still can't beat this final boss lmao.

Don't feel bad, as someone that steadily levelled the WT to 15 by playing the story when I reached the final boss at that WT I tried a couple of times and ended up dropping it down to 10 to be able to kill him. I had a bottom tree build Devastator and the orbs he drops can't get "bleed" on them and I couldn't kill them fast enough with my weapon so after a few WT15 tries I dropped him to 10 and steamrolled him :D

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
My World Tier bumped up to 11 just as I started the final boss fight. Ended up dropping it down to 8 to kill him. Really satisfying story, I got really invested in it - and if you'd told me that after my experience in the demo I'd have laughed in your face.

PCF did a really great job with the campaign, I'm honestly surprised at how solid the writing and voice acting is, and how well-paced the game is. The 'hub-level with spokes for side quests' design is great for knocking out a quest or two in hour-long chunks when that's all I have time for.

The way the story builds and introduces new characters, enemies and story beats is great, and while the storyline itself isn't amazingly original or groundbreaking, it's told well and I ended up caring about the characters and wanting to figure out the mysteries behind it all.

I'm excited to get stuck into Expeditions and I hope the last few loose ends get tied up through them. Also, the game has plenty of potential for DLC and expansions, and with the success it's seen I really hope it gets some!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
From Reddit

EySZG6oUcAMRKA-

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Is it me or does the Technomancer feel lack luster compared to the other classes.
Run a top tree toxic build. Get the mod that reloads toxic kills and the one that boost toxic damage. You can get toxic bullets too.

I can run blighted rounds almost 100% of the time with an unlimited ammo LMG. Anything that's not a boss will die within seconds.

If you need an extra boost you can use the mod that gives you two blighted round mags before it goes away.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
can a techie live without blighted roundeds? i am pleased to announce that so far yes

lvl 25ish WT11 nearing the endgame i decided to be a contrarian and fight the power aka not use the meta. running with cryo turret blighted turret and rockets/grenades, with the right mods and a gadget focused skill tree, i am doing just fine

is this even legal

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
and done. World tier 15, level 30, all sidequests done. Great B-Tier game imo, fantastic Gamepass addition.

Techno btw and never used blighted rounds (just to add to the "meta" conversation) and I never dropped world tier.

Cryo Turret, Toxic Turret and the heal, assault rifle + submachine gun

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
My game hasn't crash once until I reached endgame :(

edit: both times in the area in which you soawn right after beat8ng the game

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
LOL everytime I go into my inventory post-game (XBSX) the game crashes... guess I'm not doing any endgame then :p

Gonna try and teleport to another zone and see if it works I guess, might just be in that post-game camp?

edit: ok doesnt crash in the other places, at least that :/

Last edited:

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
LOL everytime I go into my inventory post-game (XBSX) the game crashes... guess I'm not doing any endgame then :p

Gonna try and teleport to another zone and see if it works I guess, might just be in that post-game camp?

Damn, might be that, it's happening the same to me. No inventorh I guess, or teleporting to another place.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Just a PSA for people having troubles with World Tier/difficulty:

WT matters very little in terms of your power level. Yes, you obtain better gear and, more importantly, more gear to sell or dismantle, but all things considered it doesn't really matter. Your only focus is to complete the campaign and get to LVL 30.
It's a valid strategy to just rush through the game, you'll obtain fewer materials, but you'll be able to work with better drops faster.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
my Techno build https://paradoxzyx.github.io/?c=technomancer&s=cs2-EKwpxPLFZa0DpHwUS2yG

Cryo Turret freezes them, Decay Turret toxics them, so enemies have freezing +40% dmg taken, 40% vulnerability from being frozen, toxic dot + 10% dmg taken.
I'm trying out a Tech Shaman build on expeditions using both turrets and Fixing Wave..but they really did make Blighted Rounds almost essential not only because of it's OP offensive damage (which in turn heals you) but without it you will always be out of ammo. It's actually the first time in the game I have used my pistol lol

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying out a Tech Shaman build on expeditions using both turrets and Fixing Wave..but they really did make Blighted Rounds almost essential not only because of it's OP offensive damage (which in turn heals you) but without it you will always be out of ammo

there are several mods to restock ammo that dont depend on blighted rounds at all to work
my favourite is "kill add ammo to magazine" mods to ridiculously high damage one shot rifles. its one shot one kill city without ever reloading

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
So, I beat the game and expeditions don't seem to upgrade my WT. Im at 14, what should I do to get to 15?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The best loot in the game is mods. The best mods are on the best rarities of loot. You can play at lower levels for a lesser chance of better stuff, but more chances because you're not struggling through. Best decision I made when finding it ineffcient in the early stages was drop the WT down and being to pokemon the fuck out of tier 2 mods. Once I had a good stash of those, put the WT back up and started on a proper build. Not saying it's the best for everyone, but it got me over a bump and from then on up to WT15 is honestly seemed easier and easier each tier.

So the very best levels of loot, beyond 42, can only be had in the post game. But there's people here who can solo that stuff for good rewards, so nothing seems out of reach.
can a techie live without blighted roundeds? i am pleased to announce that so far yes

lvl 25ish WT11 nearing the endgame i decided to be a contrarian and fight the power aka not use the meta. running with cryo turret blighted turret and rockets/grenades, with the right mods and a gadget focused skill tree, i am doing just fine

is this even legal
That's not far from what I'm using. The healing you get of that ever-present turret lets you play a lot more freely.
Early on it might, but then it comes into its own with locked gadgets (well, simply just the toxic turret).

Oct 30, 2017
Currently lvl 20 and have been running through a bunch of the Forest quests in co-op. Co-op works so much better if you use the Xbox's LFG feature instead of matchmaking through the game. Problem continues to be if the group wipes, one or two people will take a few minutes to load back in, essentially meaning a team will be down one player for a stretch of time.

I'm going to keep going with my current build until I beat the game then I'm going to fool around with resetting my class points and reassigning them. Any suggestions on what to experiment with with the Trickster class?

Assy Grass

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 30, 2021
The best loot in the game is mods. The best mods are on the best rarities of loot. You can play at lower levels for a lesser chance of better stuff, but more chances because you're not struggling through. Best decision I made when finding it ineffcient in the early stages was drop the WT down and being to pokemon the fuck out of tier 2 mods. Once I had a good stash of those, put the WT back up and started on a proper build. Not saying it's the best for everyone, but it got me over a bump and from then on up to WT15 is honestly seemed easier and easier each tier.

So the very best levels of loot, beyond 42, can only be had in the post game. But there's people here who can solo that stuff for good rewards, so nothing seems out of reach.
oh that actually makes sense. I'm giving myself more shots at a pool with a lower drop rate so effectively it should be the same or similar especially since I'd be struggling at higher tiers and taking a lot of time anyway

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
there are several mods to restock ammo that dont depend on blighted rounds at all to work
my favourite is "kill add ammo to magazine" mods to ridiculously high damage one shot rifles. its one shot one kill city without ever reloading
I will have to check my mod list again, I looked at my tier 1(have all)/tier 2 (have most) and didn't see anything thx

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Playing trickster and the venator's knife skill is underrated. Throw it at a group and they slow and damage and the first shot you take deals double damage. In a group i find this the easiest and fastest way to kill bosses and large groups that swarm. The cooldown time is also insanely fast and the different mods multiply the damage and extend the duration.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh Expeditions are on a timer? yeah no, im good. Just tried one and barely scrapped out a bronze victory solo, didnt know it was going to be timed shit, which I really dislike in any game so I guess im done. Y'all have fun tho, game is great.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Playing trickster and the venator's knife skill is underrated. Throw it at a group and they slow and damage and the first shot you take deals double damage. In a group i find this the easiest and fastest way to kill bosses and large groups that swarm. The cooldown time is also insanely fast and the different mods multiply the damage and extend the duration.

I combine that and mod that makes twisted rounds pretty much infinite as long as there are multiple enemies around makes me steamroll areas.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
oh Expeditions are on a timer? yeah no, im good. Just tried one and barely scrapped out a bronze victory solo, didnt know it was going to be timed shit, which I really dislike in any game so I guess im done. Y'all have fun tho, game is great.
Yep it's a shame it has to be this way. It could reward accuracy or some other effeciveness or whatever, but it has to be dumb old how quick you get it done. Being the only route to the higher levelled gear puts me off wanting to contiue (however, I still keep going back doing other stuff for now, so...).

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands

If you barely scraped a bronze you gear isnt up to manage that tier. If its decent then you should be good for gold. And expeditions are ment to be played together, but with good gear you can solo it easily. I justed started to group up at tier 10 because of the difficulty.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
If you barely scraped a bronze you gear isnt up to manage that tier. If its decent then you should be good for gold. And expeditions are ment to be played together, but with good gear you can solo it easily. I justed started to group up at tier 10 because of the difficulty.

That doesnt change the fact that its on a timer, which I don't like. Which is fine, it is what it is, I'm not blaming the game.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
Around what lvl/wt does everyone start to mess around with swapping out mods on their gear? I'm in my high teens and wt8 and just Using the higher lvl gear and building up my resources.