• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The time bubble is great but that cooldown is pretty high for the time it lasts.
It's outrageously strong though, offensively and defensively. Can pop it when you're about to go down and get time to pick somebody off, or jump into the middle of a group and use it to effortlessly lay waste. It's also fantastic anti-boss CC since it makes kiting and avoiding melee reprisals dead easy.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
What are you doing with your legendaries? It seems that the most useful thing is to disamble for the mods, losing the "skin" is a shame...
I dismantled my level 7 one because of the intense resource costs to take it 43 levels, but since then I've been saving the 20+ ones. Tthe upgrade costs, while heavy, don't feel as bad endgame when you're getting a decent chunk of shards for each purple.

But also, ideally, you want to eventually dismantle one of each, because the best guns will probably end up Legendaries with a second Tier III modded onto them.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Have they said there won't be any expansions/dlc? Seems kind of lame.

Today I feel, saying you're not a 'gass' game, just sounds like you're not supporting your game. In Outriders case, it feels like they got it backwards, because it has all the disadvantages of typical gass, with online only requirements and server issues, but no benefit (long term content support). Monster Hunter is a good example of a games that is clearly gass, but still allows you to play offline and whatnot.
They have said that the game is content complete day 1, and that if successful, any DLC they do would be substantial. It looks likely we'll get at least one significant DLC at this point.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this. It wasn't even on my radar and loot shooters aren't usually up my alley.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got some time to play with my buddy and despite skipping all the cutscenes, we're having a total blast. Struggling a bit with Pyro while he runs around as Trickster haha but starting to put things together.

Enjoyable so far!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I know I should switch to Temporal Rounds with my shotty-focused Trickster build, but goddamn it it's just so boring compared to Temporal Blade. Leaves me Interrupt-less too, which is a death sentence in some encounters.
Hunt the Prey and the time bubble. Just the first three but I loooove the loop they create. Might try Venator's Knife, though.
Interested to see what you (and others) think of the knife. I'm level 18 or so, so just unlocked it and started using it. It seems like a utility/interrupt mod. I've just done some monster levels so it was useful to help me avoid being swamped.

Could be pretty useful on boss interrupts, but haven't really tested it yet.

I was using the spin-to-win skill (with 4 armour mods on it) which is amazing for monster levels but really tricky to use on human levels. It just wasn't cutting it (pun intended) so I binned it.

I only have 2 or 3 mods unlocked for the knife so I'm intrigued to see what buffs it can get.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
It's outrageously strong though, offensively and defensively. Can pop it when you're about to go down and get time to pick somebody off, or jump into the middle of a group and use it to effortlessly lay waste. It's also fantastic anti-boss CC since it makes kiting and avoiding melee reprisals dead easy.

The long armed mini boss and that melee rush it does...i can see that helping to get away.

Interested to see what you (and others) think of the knife. I'm level 18 or so, so just unlocked it and started using it. It seems like a utility/interrupt mod. I've just done some monster levels so it was useful to help me avoid being swamped.

Could be pretty useful on boss interrupts, but haven't really tested it yet.

I was using the spin-to-win skill (with 4 armour mods on it) which is amazing for monster levels but really tricky to use on human levels. It just wasn't cutting it (pun intended) so I binned it.

I only have 2 or 3 mods unlocked for the knife so I'm intrigued to see what buffs it can get.

It's my main skill. It's radar, it slows, it gives anomaly damage while they're trapped and humongous initial damage boost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Going to start populating the second post with some post-launch tips.

...thinking:
- Things People Can Fly are working on (PC stutter, servers, controller acceleration, etc)
- World Tier explanation (what are the benefits/don't be afraid to knock it down)
- Tips and Tricks (common things that are overlooked, good combos, etc.)
- Guaranteed legendary sources (I think I have a running list)
- End game meta builds (mostly just SolidFPS' Technomancer build right now)

anything else people want to see?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

...thinking:
- Things People Can Fly are working on (PC stutter, servers, controller acceleration, etc)
- World Tier explanation (what are the benefits/don't be afraid to knock it down)

I'd emphasise the world tier. Given its name, I assumed it was meant to just go up and up as I got more gear...but actually it's a difficulty modifier.

Once I realised that, I was quite happy to just sit in WT6 until I get bumped up, if ever.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Has anyone had issues adding your cross play friends to your friends list? I'm playing on Series X and my brother and another friend are on PS5. We sent each other friend request and accepted but it seems to never actually register. Like when I look at friends in the lobby, they don't show even though they are online

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
Has anyone had issues adding your cross play friends to your friends list? I'm playing on Series X and my brother and another friend are on PS5. We sent each other friend request and accepted but it seems to never actually register. Like when I look at friends in the lobby, they don't show even though they are online
I think Crossplay is just a code system. You give them a code and they join up with you when they type it in.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Hit a little bit of a wall but sort of over came it with a build that Devestator build with mods that boost armor, anomaly power and resistance but I can't stop moving and I can't take cover (can't remember name of mods atm) —combined with gravity leap and the obelisk skill, it feels like I'm playing a modern version of Smash TV (Arcade).

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

...thinking:

Would also let folks know you don't have to get to tier 15 by the end of the first story playthrough. They've made everything replayable. I also think the beginning of each tier is the hardest and they've usually given you good enough equipment by the middle of it to get through.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
I think Crossplay is just a code system. You give them a code and they join up with you when they type it in.
Ah okay yea that's what we have been doing. Generating codes and joining. Kinda weird tho that they have an option to add friends during cross play just for it not to actually show them as friends. Maybe they will fix it later.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is the performance better than the demo? I tried the demo yesterday but it didnt feel very good performance wise on a 3080. I think the motion blur when you move made it same a lot worse than it actually was.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Anyone want to spoil me on side quests that reward you with legendaries? I'd like to avoid those until I'm level 30.
I got from Big Iron, the end of the Hunter questline, the end of Wanted questline, the end of Outriders' Legacy questline and Tiers 12/13 unlocks. I assume these are guaranteed Legendary drops, but could also be that they are benefitting from the World Tier drop modifier?

...one thing to note though, Purples drop more frequently and dismantle into decent shards in the endgame, so the level up process of a piece of gear isn't AS bad as it originally looks...

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is the performance better than the demo? I tried the demo yesterday but it didnt feel very good performance wise on a 3080. I think the motion blur when you move made it same a lot worse than it actually was.
It's improved on most platforms, yes, but PC is currently experiencing unexpected stutters. It's pretty much universally agreed to turn off Motion Blur in the settings. Some also prefer the "motion smoothing" setting way up for cutscenes.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn game is already in top 10. If its this early in top 10 then top 3 is possible next week as the chart i always abit behind

Most played games - Microsoft Store

Most played games – Shop these 49 items and explore Microsoft Store for great apps, games, laptops, PCs, and other devices.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
This game rocks. The gameplay loop is super addictive and the controls are very responsive. I'm personally enjoying it more than other looter shooters I've played like The Division and Borderlands.

That said, I'm thorn between Trickster and Technomancer. I wish the game would allow you to change class. I've played briefly with Pyromancer too, but found it underwhelming (armors look sick though).

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait you can get legendaries at level 7? I'm 25 and don't have a single one.
That's in reference to Legendaries that were farmed from the demo. There was a relatively benign exploit where people could farm chests in the demo boss over and over, very quickly, to hope RNG dropped a Legendary for them. It worked so well that PCF actually patched out getting Legendaries from the 2 chests before the boss so you had to fight him in order to get a chance at one from the final chest, IIRC.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
The bone shrapnel skill for weapons is hillarious, especially if you are charged by monsters or cutthroats :D

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I would like to know the answer to this as well. I've yet to make a connection through matchmaking. Demo or full game. Playing on Steam.

For what it's worth, as much as I've looked at this thread, I have yet to see anyone even come near suggesting that the crossplay works, and few suggestions that multiplayer is working. Hell, most of the time the discussion is literally just about whether or not the game is even working in a "single-player" context thanks to habitual disconnects. Game may be fun, but this launch is a 10/10 on the mess scale.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For what it's worth, as much as I've looked at this thread, I have yet to see anyone even come near suggesting that the crossplay works, and few suggestions that multiplayer is working. Hell, most of the time the discussion is literally just about whether or not the game is even working in a "single-player" context thanks to habitual disconnects. Game may be fun, but this launch is a 10/10 on the mess scale.
Crosslay with pals using the invite code has worked for me through both the demo and early launch, but yeah, I think full matchmaking is struggling or full-on disabled as they figure out the servers and disconnects.

Last edited:

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Getting nearly nonstop disconnects in Expeditions on PS5. Hope they will fix that in an update next week or so, because otherwise I am having a blast.

Ticonderoguy

Jan 23, 2021
Just finished the main story, I just couldn't put this game down. PCF really nailed the fun factor (at least for me).

Does anyone else see the parallels between the main story and Mass Effect Andromeda's story?

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
I don't forsee myself playing this much after I beat the campaign. I got up to WT 8 but just keep getting one-shotted even though I have fully epic gear. Decided to say fuck it and drop to WT 3 so I can finish up.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
I don't forsee myself playing this much after I beat the campaign. I got up to WT 8 but just keep getting one-shotted even though I have fully epic gear. Decided to say fuck it and drop to WT 3 so I can finish up.

Rarity is not as important as gear level. I would recommend you leveling your blue gear (since it uses leather and not titanium), you will see your character resists more.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Probably less about Epic gear and more about making sure that the gear you are wearing is level appropriate (in line with the level of the enemies, not your base character level), and that all of your mods are synergizing. I'm a Pyromancer at level 30 w/ level 40 gear on World Tier 13 or 14, with no class tree or skills relating to Armor or Health boosts, and even there I'm not getting one shot by any enemies, including bosses or snipers. My gear is level 40 and so are the enemies. The base armor stats and secondary stats will be trailing behind if you're gear is 2+ levels behind the enemies on the higher world tiers.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Went from WT8 to WT13 yesterday, almost half way to WT15 now. It definitely gets easier through the tiers with this technomancer sniper/freeze-modded toxic turret build. Best little spot I've found for a quick turn around is the entrance to Clearwater Springs. Throw out the turret and wait for everything to pile up down the tunnel, go spawn/aggro the rest and back up and repeat. Infinite freeze turret/slow sniper/8 rockets/Pain Launcher.... just stand there please while I pop your heads and blow your big boys to bits, kthx. Between 3 and 7 drops every time and it's quick. Had my first legendary gear drop there, gloves that do 25% more damage to Elites... lol.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Can somebody explain to me why the Hunt the Prey skill sometimes puts you facing the back of the Enemy and sometimes you're facing the other way (having to turn around to hit the enemy)? Is it a bug or something?

Another question: does changing World Tier works even mid mission? Even for the loot?

Oct 30, 2017
Been trying the matchmaking this morning and it has been a frustrating experience overall. Lag is constant as is the rubber banding and you either get kicked or the game hard crashes.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so the
chrysaloid
boss was kicking my ass because i was using a submachine gun, and turns out the damage decays a lot with long distance

i was making like 20 dmg per shot with crits to up 120 or something, thhankfully i had a assault rifle in my inventory and then i was doing 200 to up to 1200 crit damage.

so yeah, fuck sub machine guns

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Another question: does changing World Tier works even mid mission? Even for the loot?
Straight away, yes. You can't expect to switch it up before opening a random chest in an area though, it seems they prevent that linking it to the level at which you did the content (seeme dthat way when I tried in the early tiers anyway).

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
so the
chrysaloid
boss was kicking my ass because i was using a submachine gun, and turns out the damage decays a lot with long distance

i was making like 20 dmg per shot with crits to up 120 or something, thhankfully i had a assault rifle in my inventory and then i was doing 200 to up to 1200 crit damage.

so yeah, fuck sub machine guns

I used damage over time effects to make up the difference, I particularly like the "apply burn to all enemies you shot when reloading" (or similar status) and stacking explosion effect perk as well

great on bosses too because you can spend time dodging their attacks while the damage ticks away at them

Oct 27, 2017
I just saved the Zahedi dude so now I can do crafting. I'm guessing I'm still in the first 10% of the story mode but now it feels like I'm starting to understand the different sub systems in the game. It's actually a pretty complicated formula going on, even though I'm playing a melee focused Trickster build.

While this isn't a GaaS game, I could definitely see myself dipping in if they release $20 expansions every 6-12 months that are similar in size and quality to Witcher 3.

Just finished the main story, I just couldn't put this game down. PCF really nailed the fun factor (at least for me).

Does anyone else see the parallels between the main story and Mass Effect Andromeda's story?
Definitely, I mean it's not an uncommon set-up in scifi with humans settling a distant world to find out it's not all roses and sunshine. Completely different writing and styling of course and I say this as someone who really liked both games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
lvl 29 and world tier 13, still havent dropped world tier and frankly, for the last 5 levels or so I've felt quite OP. It was touch and go there in the teens and enemy DMG is still quite high still and sometimes I almost get 1 shot, but in general the world tier difficulty is fine /shrug

that being said, I'm just about ready to finish teh game now and im not sure how much "endgame" ill do, certainly not solo. Maybe if some friends are playing it or something.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Disabling cross-play and turning lobby to closed might fix the co-op disconnects/crashes.

After going through several crashes and disconnects first, we played co-op a solid few hours without a single issue after doing that.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is shaky cam still in?

I honestly am not sure I can play if it is. Its just too much for me.