• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I was struggling with Pyro until I leaned fully into Volcanic Rounds and making it so I have 100% uptime on them. Combine that with powers that inflict Ash and mods that increase damage to marked and Ashed enemies and you shred everything in seconds while constantly healing. It's ridiculously powerful.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
I feel like games-as-a-service has really messed with people. Outriders is like Monster Hunter, really. The whole game, the whole experience, is there and you can do the whole thing solo if you want. You can, however, also bring friends or ransoms along and there is obviously some end game content for you to play alone or with other people as well.

When they say it's not a games-as-a-service title, they really mean that it's not like Destiny. You're not looking at five to ten years of content updates with battle passes, new areas, storylines and classes where the game you've just bought is basically just the tutorial that'll end rather abruptly at some point and ask you to wait for the next big content drop.

Play Outriders from the beginning to the end, maybe stick around for a while to kill stuff with friends, but the main story won't continue until Outriders 2 - whenever that comes out.

Agree. This game is Borderlands/Diablo.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
I feel like games-as-a-service has really messed with people. Outriders is like Monster Hunter, really. The whole game, the whole experience, is there and you can do the whole thing solo if you want. You can, however, also bring friends or ransoms along and there is obviously some end game content for you to play alone or with other people as well.

When they say it's not a games-as-a-service title, they really mean that it's not like Destiny. You're not looking at five to ten years of content updates with battle passes, new areas, storylines and classes where the game you've just bought is basically just the tutorial that'll end rather abruptly at some point and ask you to wait for the next big content drop.

Play Outriders from the beginning to the end, maybe stick around for a while to kill stuff with friends, but the main story won't continue until Outriders 2 - whenever that comes out.
Exactly.

The game is a weird mix of Monster Hunter+Diablo that plays like Doom Eternal with the no cover focus and constant movement and fast paced combat.

I'm loving my technomancer so far.. I think I will try Pyro after I'm done with this one.

Sep 21, 2019
Just came here to say that this game is an absolute fucking blast, and I am not at all surprised that the people who made Bulletstorm delivered this.

The combat is SO fucking satisfying.

Oh, and I agree that the cover is for the enemies. You gotta run in and attack and roll and close kill and get your shield and heath up with the mods.

The ballet of carnage is sublime, and I think this shit is so lit.

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
When does Legendary loot starts dropping? I'm level 14 at WT6 right now with my Trickster.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I was having such a bad time with this in the early going until I got some decent weapon drops. I was only getting shitty shotguns and sniper rifles that were so low with the firing rate that it made the combat feel so slow and frustrating. It took until about level 4 with the Reunion mission to get a decent blue assault rifle and getting a regular rifle that let me do some real damage without needing to hide in cover, which is the worst part of the game since everything pops you out of it so easily. That was about the time that I finally understood that the powers for my Pyromancer should just be spammed as soon as they're available instead of being precious about it. Once I could withstand more than a second of damage, the game finally got to be an enjoyable experience instead of one that made me want to rage quit and delete the damn game.

It's the one downside of a loot game that if you're not getting good drops, the experience suffers so much.

Kanokare

Nov 10, 2017
I don't know what I'm really doing yet but I'm having fun winging it haha. Definitely a promising start to the game. Some Devastator game play.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
I feel like Sniper Rifles need to be way more powerful considering how slow they are.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Level 20, WT7 and I have not seen a legendary yet.
Level 30 (equipping level 40 gear), World Tier 13, 7 Legendary weapons including a duplicate, one Legendary hat. I believe most of the drops were tied to ends of missions that guarantee a Legendary, but also World Tiers exponentially increase the drop chance, so it might have been that.

If memory recalls I got a Legendary for unlocking World Tier 12 and World Tier 13. A good chunk of others were for completing specific encounters/quests later in the game's campaign.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I was struggling with Pyro until I leaned fully into Volcanic Rounds and making it so I have 100% uptime on them. Combine that with powers that inflict Ash and mods that increase damage to marked and Ashed enemies and you shred everything in seconds while constantly healing. It's ridiculously powerful.

Same. I got gear that increases my clip size and allows me one reload with volcanic rounds too.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Dont forget you can level up your weapons, just lvled up that legendary assault rifle you get from the story (I love the lightning proc) to lvl 29 and changed the second mod to a mod where frozen enemy kills explode (and my turret is always freezing enemies).

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Game crashed two times now at the same boss fight, shortly before I killed her. The fight takes ages, it's really annoying
Edit: 6th crash now, wtf

Last edited:

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Guess im doing a second playtrough or a new character until the servers are fixed. Had lots of fun until jou need to coop. Out of 25 tries now i had one succesfull expedition.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are some really weird difficulty spikes. For some reason, in this particular fight I'm at in the Wreckage Zone, I'm the one getting wrecked. 🤣

The enemies are just doing so much more damage all of a sudden and there are so many of them that it's really dang hard to even take a moment to breathe. I'm kinda stuck with a gun that takes three seconds to reload, too, so that doesn't help.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Played for a few hours last night. Had to laugh at the beginning. The incredibly dramatic music pumping over a terrible character creator and a spinning planet wait screen. Then NOBODY HAS THEIR HELMET ON whilst walking around AN ALIEN PLANET (Prometheus says hi). The gameplay is limited. The areas feel small. The UI is clunky. And yet. And yet...

The game is fun. The core shooting mechanic is great and the weapons look and sound great. The story is fine and I would take an entire live service game that just had me colonizing a new planet for humanity because there are so many stories you could tell. I didn't need to be jettisoned into a further future. But I can see why those who play it, like it. It's the feel not the look.

The entire thing kinda reminds me of Lost Planet.

Hopefully Outriders will be successful enough to receive a meaty expansion.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Are all the good builds in this game centered around the ammo skill and never reloading for each class except the devastator?

Not even a little bit. My trickster tree doesn't even follow a particular path. Tried to reach as many nodes that either multiplied skill damage, reduced cooldown or helped with returning health in some form. Then find mods that that help that even further. The guns themselves are always powerful enough on their own.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
There are some really weird difficulty spikes. For some reason, in this particular fight I'm at in the Wreckage Zone, I'm the one getting wrecked. 🤣

The enemies are just doing so much more damage all of a sudden and there are so many of them that it's really dang hard to even take a moment to breathe. I'm kinda stuck with a gun that takes three seconds to reload, too, so that doesn't help.
If you are struggling, bump yr World Tier down until you get some better drops/synergies. The game is at its hardest when you just up a World Tier, because enemy level goes up but your gear is going to be underlevelled for a little bit. The lower World Tiers are for extreme power fantasy easy mode, the highest one is pretty much Always going to feel like it's forcing you to play well and gave synergized, good gear. I've bumped up each time and am now at 13 and loving the loop, but nothing wrong with a slower pace!

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Oh and Tesser is right-there's one boss fight that's a pretty crazy difficulty spike. I got him, but there's really not much room for error, and not much time to learn what yr up against before getting shredded, with some builds. I could see losing an entire World Tier bar to him if I hadn't luckily *just* leveled it up.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is it down again on PSN lol?

I havent been playing it much since release, so I havent really noticed how bad the server stuff has been lol

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Not sure if there was a stealth buff to shards from Dismantled gear, or if I just have a lot more purples to dismantle these days but man...all of a sudden leveling up my favourite pieces instead of hoping for better drops, feels like a viable strategy at Level 40.
any expected patches?
They've talked about looking into everything from controller sensivity, PC stuttering, better cutscene solutions to shakey cam, as likely coming, and also mentioned things like loadouts, crossplay voice chat, favouriting items, etc. as things they know are requested but aren't sure on yet.

...basically, they've been pretty transparent and the fact that they even patched the demo seems like a good sign.

Last edited:

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Feel like the demo did a pretty big disservice to this game because it gets so much better shortly after it ends. Would've benefited by the demo being a section from the mid game instead of the first hour.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I know I should switch to Temporal Rounds with my shotty-focused Trickster build, but goddamn it it's just so boring compared to Temporal Blade. Leaves me Interrupt-less too, which is a death sentence in some encounters.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Feel like the demo did a pretty big disservice to this game because it gets so much better shortly after it ends. Would've benefited by the demo being a section from the mid game instead of the first hour.

Pretty much, i'm happy the game is finding a crowd even after that demo. Like i said previously its like they handpicked the most boring part of the game to present it. It gets so much better after that

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Just came here to say that this game is an absolute fucking blast, and I am not at all surprised that the people who made Bulletstorm delivered this.

The combat is SO fucking satisfying.

Oh, and I agree that the cover is for the enemies. You gotta run in and attack and roll and close kill and get your shield and heath up with the mods.

The ballet of carnage is sublime, and I think this shit is so lit.
Ok now it makes sense. Game felt so much like gears/bullet storm I am loving it!

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
This game is crashing *all the time*. It's so tiresome. The devs needed to ditch or shorten the squenix intros and animated intros before getting to the 'press a to start' button. It crashes so much that they need quick fixes to lessen the amount of time it takes to get back into the game.

The problems are so numerous and regular that it saps the desire to play, since you never know when your efforts are going to be for naught because of a fucking crash.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are struggling, bump yr World Tier down until you get some better drops/synergies. The game is at its hardest when you just up a World Tier, because enemy level goes up but your gear is going to be underlevelled for a little bit. The lower World Tiers are for extreme power fantasy easy mode, the highest one is pretty much Always going to feel like it's forcing you to play well and gave synergized, good gear. I've bumped up each time and am now at 13 and loving the loop, but nothing wrong with a slower pace!

I managed to clear it without lowering my world tier. I was having real trouble with the snipers that took off most of my health with one shot so I just rushed them and blasted everyone in my way with a shotgun. It worked... eventually. 😂

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I should switch to Temporal Rounds with my shotty-focused Trickster build, but goddamn it it's just so boring compared to Temporal Blade. Leaves me Interrupt-less too, which is a death sentence in some encounters.
If you can get a weapon that has the lighting mod on it, I'm fairly certain it procs an interrupt. I switched to one on a lark when I was fighting a Brood Mother and it seemed like she couldn't cast any of her AOE, trash mob buffs, or armour on herself when I was hitting her with lightning over and over.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
What are you doing with your legendaries? It seems that the most useful thing is to disamble for the mods, losing the "skin" is a shame...

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
i know the big meta cheese with technomancers is blighted rounds/turret and synergies but damn i just love cryo turrets and shrapnel grenades too much to use it. putting my turret in a vantage point and protecting myself with a bunch of grenades, i take 10x longer to beat every encounter but damn if it isnt more fun to me
Yeah I can't seem to get away from my two turrets and 3 grenade set up, I like them doing a lot of the work.

Last edited:

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
No crashes today thankfully but absolutely no joy with matchmaking on Series X. Stuck searching game.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

What other two are you running? Venators knife can interrupt if it's strong enough.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if there was a stealth buff to shards from Dismantled gear, or if I just have a lot more purples to dismantle these days but man...all of a sudden leveling up my favourite pieces instead of hoping for better drops, feels like a viable strategy at Level 40.

They've talked about looking into everything from controller sensivity, PC stuttering, better cutscene solutions to shakey cam, as likely coming, and also mentioned things like loadouts, crossplay voice chat, favouriting items, etc. as things they know are requested but aren't sure on yet.

...basically, they've been pretty transparent and the fact that they
Ty

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Have they said there won't be any expansions/dlc? Seems kind of lame.

Today I feel, saying you're not a 'gass' game, just sounds like you're not supporting your game. In Outriders case, it feels like they got it backwards, because it has all the disadvantages of typical gass, with online only requirements and server issues, but no benefit (long term content support). Monster Hunter is a good example of a games that is clearly gass, but still allows you to play offline and whatnot.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
This game is crashing *all the time*. It's so tiresome. The devs needed to ditch or shorten the squenix intros and animated intros before getting to the 'press a to start' button. It crashes so much that they need quick fixes to lessen the amount of time it takes to get back into the game.

The problems are so numerous and regular that it saps the desire to play, since you never know when your efforts are going to be for naught because of a fucking crash.
May I ask what you are playing on? I am playing on both a XSX and XSS and the biggest issue, signing into the Authentication Servers seems to be fixed. There is lots of little stuff that could be fixed but I am finding the core game play outstanding. I am not getting any crashes, and my only real problem with the intros is the very loud music while I wait to sign in.

I have not played any multiplayer so I cannot comment on that. I am waiting until I finish the campaign for the first time. Spoilers and all that (and I read everything which really slows down the game - few people are willing to suffer that in multiplayer).

Now if you don't like the game, you don't like the game - and nothing here is going to change your mind.