• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What console are you on?
I'm on PS5 and the server crash only results in a disconnect to lobby for me.
Not saying you don't crash but it sounds very different from what I am experiencing here.

Two of us are on PS5 and one of us is on PS4.

My girlfriend is playing with me on PS4 in the same room, and she also crashes all the time too, usually at the same time as my PS5 crashes. When the servers disconnect, the game generally crashes for all 3 of us.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Unbelievable. I was a few shots away from beating an incredibly tough boss, but he froze doing one of his moves that covers him in a shield that you cant shoot through.... Ended up having to quit to lobby..

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Two of us are on PS5 and one of us is on PS4.

My girlfriend is playing with me on PS4 in the same room, and she also crashes all the time too, usually at the same time as my PS5 crashes. When the servers disconnect, the game generally crashes for all 3 of us.

That's really bad

I wonder what causes that since it doesn't happen here.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Unbelievable. I was a few shots away from beating an incredibly tough boss, but he froze doing one of his moves that covers him in a shield that you cant shoot through.... Ended up having to quit to lobby..
Pretty sure you can break those shields you have to damage it a lot. Could be wrong though

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Eruption is odd? Was thinking it would be a bigger Thermal Bomb. But its really for close range and often you miss it when a enemy is running at you.
So I'm bottom tree Pyro and my current set up is now:
- Volcanic Rounds + Voodoo Matchmaker with Perpetuum Mobile as my main damage dealer
- Overheat: because of the above, I can light a lot on fire quickly, even at a distance, and then pop major damage on then. I have a mod that icreases damage done to non burning enemies, so a couple of charges and snipers aren't an issue anymore.
- Feed The Flames is my main interrupt move and also my "I am in danger" move. I don't want to use this heal move, but am finding that world Tier 10, I just need it once or twice per room/boss.

...anywho, switching off Erruption and Heat Wave to Overload has felt really good. Then again I'm getting a lot of Anomaly Power bonuses through the bottom tree...
You can always respec too. If you aren't liking your build...change it completely at the camp.
Just quoting to highlight. It really encourages you to experiment based on the mods you are getting and based on new skills opening up. Other than leveling up a weapon or piece of gear, the free respecs of skill tree, the low cost for mods, etc. makes it really experimentation friendly.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
pyro and not really liking it
I also started as Pyro, playing solo, and also not really enjoying it. Most people telling me they are having a great time are playing the other classes which makes me wonder if Pyro is just not all that great for solo. I'm not even that far but I dunno if I have it in me to start over as another class.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I also started as Pyro, playing solo, and also not really enjoying it. Most people telling me they are having a great time are playing the other classes which makes me wonder if Pyro is just not all that great for solo. I'm not even that far but I dunno if I have it in me to start over as another class.
I am loving Pyro (see above for what I'm running), but definitely Trickster's teleport and slow bubble, and Devastator's Reflect Bullets seemed to be most fun/popular approaches in both the demo and early game. You can always skip the prologue and within an hour have a sense of what the class will feel like if you wanna switch it up...

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017

I'm a level 25 pyro. Their skills are more suited for support for sure. I struggle solo as well.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Tried to play last night with 3 other friends, but found out this game is only 3 players. :( What a bummer. Also, couldn't sign in at all so we played Cold War and Siege instead.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone bought anything of substance from a vendor in game? It's always scaled higher than any amount of resources Ive had at the moment.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Hot damn, I'm loving inflicting Ash then popping the Overheat. I've got a mod that affects Ash instead of Burn, so I can clear like 8 dudes in a big pop of flame.

Spending a little time checking out mods or upgrading modded gear really makes a difference. Earlier, it was tough at like WT3, n now I'm at WT6 and it's a a great level.

Deleted member 57578

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Does join a random team work for anyone? On Xbox series x. I really want to play with people but never finds a game or makes one. Nobody joins me even though privacy is open. Is this just server issues?
It worked flawlessly for me on launch day with randoms. It was a great experience, though there was no chat. Not sure if you have to enable that or something?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone bought anything of substance from a vendor in game? It's always scaled higher than any amount of resources Ive had at the moment.
I bought a purple AR for 10k scrap. First perk was good and I modded in a tier 2 perk that works really well with my build. I don't have the scrap to really purchase anything, I dismantle just almost everything I find because I know those resources are going to be key later.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
For anyone who hasn't got to the Forest area yet. Bit of advice...as soon as you reach a temple area, LOWER WORLD TIER dramatically. The accompanying main boss fight after this is broken beyond belief. I lowered it to WT3 as I'd had enough of the fight melting my HP and getting insta-killed by attacks I either already dodged or couldn't see coming. How on Earth PCF thought this was OK solo, is beyond me.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
You know what's really fun, when you're aimed at a wall in front of you and press space to go into cover and it runs over to a distant wall instead. I've had this happen so many times I feel like the game is literally broken with the cover mechanic.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
If you're struggling on your current world tier you will be shooting yourself in the foot to cheese the game in order to push beyond it. You should naturally hit the world tier that your capable of.

Of course, you can always drop the world tier and just take the tier reward... but there's little incentive to do that anyway, as they scale with your level. So realistically, you're probably better to claim them later, rather than sooner, anyway.
Yeah, I understand that. I was just annoyed at World Tier 7 and wanted to push it ahead out of spite.

I also hate watching bars fall and I know my friend will want to play at the absolute highest tier possible for him (WT 7 currently), despite deaths, so I semi-wanted to be one ahead to have the full bar lol. And I was practicing melee and wanting get the "kill 5 elites using only skills" thing, so a bunch of things lined up to make me want to grind the spot for a bit :)

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
This... seems like a matter of perspective. I've been in plenty of encounters where Blighted hasn't been efficient (pretty much any open area fights with loads of creatures on all sides). I really don't feel like there's any situation where I've *had* to utilize Blighted Rounds in order to progress. So it seems like nearly any build is viable and that's what really counts. Buffing every possible skill combo to all be equally effective doesn't make any of them more viable. It just makes the content more trivial which kind of defeats the point.

Now once at the point of running Expeditions while trying to get the best times possible, then the relative strength of builds will matter much more... but despite the fact that there are players at Endgame already, it's still too early to say that one build rules them all. Especially once we factor in the variables of different class comps and specs for groups at the highest levels of content.

I think more builds might be viable but right now with mods I can run infinite Blighted Rounds in an LMG and also get 20% bonus dmg with toxic which Blighted Rounds already applies. I went from having a tough time in WT6-7 to just mowing through WT8 with ease because of this skill. Even the Pyros bullet skill is OP as I'm guessing all the other classes are since every YT build I look up includes those skills. Just like in Diablo 3, yes you can run different builds and skills but the best builds/skills are known and if you don't use the top tier builds you're never going to run the highest Rifts. Same here. You can run any WT with any build I'm sure but to do it with ease and have my health constantly topped off I need to have Blighted Rounds. I'm sure a balance patch will come eventually and I hope so because I don't want to have to shoehorn these bullet skills into every build.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the gratuitous grenade spam? On some encounters it gets kind of ridiculous. The frequency of it is what bothers me, when you have 2-3 marauders doing martyrdom on you, have multiple enemies doing a kamikaze run, and other enemies throwing a grenade every 3-4 seconds it's a bit much. It's almost COD: World at War level bad at times.

The play area for some encounters is too narrow for the radius these bombs have. By itself they don't do much damage but it puts you out in the open where you take damage.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying this so far. Enemies being mobile health packs for my devasted is fun as hell. I like the lore and the edgy dialogue is nowhere near as bad as podcasts made it sound.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Another reminder if you're an Nvidia user, press Alt + F2 to launch Ansel for an immediate game pause. Can do it in the heat of battle and it pauses completely. I've had 3 phone calls I had to take and this was insanely helpful. Crazy it works that way but it does.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a good hourish session just now where I cleared out all of my Hunts and Wanted side quests. Went back to Trench Town to cash them in and now I have 6 new purples waiting in my inventory for next session. Finally hit WT8 too.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017

In trench town I bought some of the purple epic offerings off vendors then stripped them for mods. It's an easy way to get some tier 2 mods if you got the money.

Oct 27, 2017
So I was watching a vid on Youtube that speculated that messing with the WT until you beat the game is useless as it doesn't increase your earned XP at all, and really just slows down the rate at which you level. Yeah, you get more and better loot but you're basically switching shit out every few minutes anyways, I guess.

What do you outriders think of that? Are we killing ourselves raising world tiers for no good reason until end-game?

eek

Oct 26, 2017
So I was watching a vid on Youtube that speculated that messing with the WT until you beat the game is useless as it doesn't increase your earned XP at all, and really just slows down the rate at which you level. Yeah, you get more and better loot but you're basically switching shit out every few minutes anyways, I guess.

What do you outriders think of that? Are we killing ourselves raising world tiers for no good reason until end-game?
I agree.

wiping 5-10 times to clear a side mission? lower that shit
easily stomping all over everything and getting bored? raise it up

but overall don't worry about it until end game because all that gear you're getting is just going to be materials 🤷‍♂️

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'm only level 19 but I don't find increasing the world tiers does anything except make the game harder for now. I'm getting good loot even if I turn down the WT for a level or so but since I upgraded my gear with the right mods I haven't needed to turn down the difficulty. Yea sometimes I die to BS snipers but that's just bad RNG. I think you have to treat it like Diablo 3 and don't really worry about World Tiers until you're max level. If something is too hard turn it down until you get some new gear and then turn the difficulty back up and it will be EZ mode.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Been away from game for 36 hours.
The chances of my friends and I playing on Xbox tonight for 3 hours without any sever issues?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'm having a lot of fun in this game but the cover system is godawful

Yea don't even use cover unless you have no cooldowns and must. As a Technomancer, cover is a deathtrap because if I'm not killing stuff then I'm not regaining health. I just sprint towards enemies and keep Plague Rounds up to stay alive.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Been away from game for 36 hours.
The chances of my friends and I playing on Xbox tonight for 3 hours without any sever issues?
tumblr_naizuvh5oF1qbvl2io1_500.gif

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
WT9 solo is pretty ridiculous. Human enemies just melt you. Going to lower it to 8 before I get frustrated.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished the story with the Devastator.
Wow what a crazy and (mostly) fun ride.
But there is one thing about the ending (don't click if you did not finish it yet):
Wow was the final fight a long drag. Was playing on WT7 and dropped down to WT4 because it was taking so long with the Devastator solo. It's not like it was hard, just WAY too long solo.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I agree.

wiping 5-10 times to clear a side mission? lower that shit
easily stomping all over everything and getting bored? raise it up

but overall don't worry about it until end game because all that gear you're getting is just going to be materials 🤷‍♂️
It'd help a lot if the game clarified exactly how WT works in this game and what things change and what things don't change etc.
I feel like with the way it is, and it being optional it raises a lot of confusion. Especially because of how people are used to when dealing with World Tiers in games like Division. I shouldn't really have to look at an online article to understand how it works.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who hasn't got to the Forest area yet. Bit of advice...as soon as you reach a temple area, LOWER WORLD TIER dramatically. The accompanying main boss fight after this is broken beyond belief. I lowered it to WT3 as I'd had enough of the fight melting my HP and getting insta-killed by attacks I either already dodged or couldn't see coming. How on Earth PCF thought this was OK solo, is beyond me.
i solo'd it earlier today at wt7 with my technomancer 🤷‍♂️ worth noting though that blighted rounds is cheats and literally melts bosses. im at a point right now where i cant travel back to town and there isnt a mod-guy at camp to change mods to synergize my build. pretty annoying.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i solo'd it earlier today at wt7 with my technomancer 🤷‍♂️ worth noting though that blighted rounds is cheats and literally melts bosses. im at a point right now where i cant travel back to town and there isnt a mod-guy at camp to change mods to synergize my build. pretty annoying.

Yeah blighted ammo is awesome

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018

i solo'd him with my trickster at wt9 lvl 21 on my 4th try, it took a while tho. But yeah pretty annoying fight