• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Since we can't play...Voodoo is a really good gun. Got it doing the outriders side plot the first time around.
4-3-2021-3-59-58-PM-ay2unc0a.png

4-3-2021-3-59-56-PM-1vbdm4c5.png

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Since we can't play...Voodoo is a really good gun. Got it doing the outriders side plot the first time around.
4-3-2021-3-59-58-PM-ay2unc0a.png

4-3-2021-3-59-56-PM-1vbdm4c5.png
This is what I'm using on my Pyromancer. Rolled Perpetuum Mobile on it, so that when I pop Volcanic rounds I have basically infinite use of bullets and damage spreading across enemies. Melts swarms of enemies and tanky enemies alike. Just worried about the constant level upgrades I wanna do to it...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Eruption is odd? Was thinking it would be a bigger Thermal Bomb. But its really for close range and often you miss it when a enemy is running at you.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Game hitting a new peak now on Steam

steamdb.info

OUTRIDERS · AppID: 680420

Outriders’ brutal and bloody combat combines frenetic gunplay, violent powers and deep RPG systems to create a true genre hybrid. OUTRIDERS Steam charts, data, update history.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
God the intro story is just cringe. "I'm Only used to bullets, not kids" okay tough guy. Also, why are they acting like mercenaries when literally they are the last remaining humans? Like is this plot relevant in significance to the human race literally on its last legs? Who cares about outriders.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
What's the point of legendary weapons? Seems like theres no alt text on them so is it just the level 3 mod?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Eruption is odd? Was thinking it would be a bigger Thermal Bomb. But its really for close range and often you miss it when a enemy is running at you.
Yeah, I started using it over Heat Wave, which seemed less relevant once I went Volcanic rounds + Damage link + Perpetuum Mobile. Still trying to find the ideal third skill to pair with Feed the Flames which I have for "oh shit I meed a heal/interrupt." Might see if Phaser Beam can take out pesky snipers/act as 2nd interrupt, or might go back to overload, since so many things end up on fire and lighting a sniper on fire from afar and cracking safely might be the way?

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
This game is seriously really good. I love how the main character does stuff but just comes off as not caring at all lol That mission
payback when you killed the Captain and he just casually tosses his head to her says "paid. Do you need a medic... or something..." He really couldn't have cared less about her condition haha

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I'm using on my Pyromancer. Rolled Perpetuum Mobile on it, so that when I pop Volcanic rounds I have basically infinite use of bullets and damage spreading across enemies. Melts swarms of enemies and tanky enemies alike. Just worried about the constant level upgrades I wanna do to it...

I'd probably be looking for a mod that burns whoever was hit with a bullet on reload. Just to amplify it.

World Tier has such a huge effect, when I first saw your level I was wondering why your stats are so low.

Im on tier 10 doing a 2nd story playthrough...so yea got a whiles to go to get that build more powerful. Haven't even unlocked a tier 3 mod yet.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I just tried playing on my Xbox, and I couldn't log in. I was hoping after seeing a bunch of messages about server issues from earlier today and then seeing recent posts about people playing again, that they'd fixed the issue and I'd be able to get it. Nope.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Even my GF who doesn't play games thinks the constant disconnects is too much

My wife has started making fun of me :p

On the other hand I feel sorry for the devs that have their easter wrecked by some suits that decided to launch right before the vacation.
Must be very stressful to see the servers go down once every hour.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At least I got to play for 2.5 hours after work.

I can't make it over the 80% hump on tier 6 heading to tier 7. I always end up dying to some nonsense and then I'm back at like 50%. Starting to drive me crazy.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
Yup, just got kicked out on Xbox.

I'm curious what builds pyromancers are using. I'm level 19 and have volcanic rounds with an additional round. Which goes well with LMGs that have 100 bullets. Not only does the power buff shooting while active, my powers also get buffed. At the moment I'm using the one that pulls enemies and leeches life (buffed to reach out to two enemies) as well as the explosion (buffed with increased range and damage on explosion).

I feel like these abilities let me keep my distance while still being able to do lots of damage. Curious to hear what builds are working for other people.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I know that it's reasonable to excuse a lot of early server issues, because there's a number of reasons that I feel that those excuses, don't really fly with this game.

1. There's nothing that I've seen here that convinces me that this game needs to be online only. Visually and mechanically it doesn't appear to be doing anything complex enough to imagine it couldn't be computed locally. The alternative arguement is that it prevents cheaters... but so what? Cheaters are prevelent in Borderlands, but that hardly matters to my experience because it's a co-operative, not a competitive game. There's no leaderboards or competition here. It's like the difference between Diablo 3 on console, and Diablo 3 on PC. Diablo 3 on console is the better game because it's ditches the online only requirements.

2. Many of the server issues result in a crash, and not just for one of the players, but all of the players in a party. It's one thing to say, have servers that are overwhelmed, or connection issues, but the game should be able to handle those instances without crashing. I've been playing this for two days and I have experienced perhaps more than 20 crashes already, and this is on console! Just because the client cannot connect to the server (as a result of whatever network issue), does not mean the game should crash.

If I was just stuck at the log in screen, their servers overwhelmed with players then that would be easy to understand, but the network issues combined with intermittent crashing, which seems to be tied to network issues, it just makes the game feel half baked.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
At least I got to play for 2.5 hours after work.

I can't make it over the 80% hump on tier 6 heading to tier 7. I always end up dying to some nonsense and then I'm back at like 50%. Starting to drive me crazy.

I found a spot to practice melee and noticed that I can grind the World Tier there. I'm nearly at 7 now (level 16) and it's a pretty ideal spot - the melee beasts in the First City.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Literally since launch everytime I want to play the game there's a server issue, I just selected the class finally, 5 minutes later it got a disconnected. -.-

From what I've seen it can be played offline if they want to but nope they didn't allow that, I want to play it solo. -.-

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
pyro and not really liking it

Not sure what level you reached but pyro is great if you want to stay mid range and shoot fire balls. It's a really fun class once you start unlocking more abilities and mods.

I think every class becomes more fun once you start unlocking more options. I think that's something this game does well, every class is really unique and fun to play.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I found a spot to practice melee and noticed that I can grind the World Tier there. I'm nearly at 7 now (level 16) and it's a pretty ideal spot - the melee beasts in the First City.

If you're struggling on your current world tier you will be shooting yourself in the foot to cheese the game in order to push beyond it. You should naturally hit the world tier that your capable of.

Of course, you can always drop the world tier and just take the tier reward... but there's little incentive to do that anyway, as they scale with your level. So realistically, you're probably better to claim them later, rather than sooner, anyway.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
You can always respec too. If you aren't liking your build...change it completely at the camp.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I know that it's reasonable to excuse a lot of early server issues, because there's a number of reasons that I feel that those excuses, don't really fly with this game.

1. There's nothing that I've seen here that convinces me that this game needs to be online only. Visually and mechanically it doesn't appear to be doing anything complex enough to imagine it couldn't be computed locally. The alternative arguement is that it prevents cheaters... but so what? Cheaters are prevelent in Borderlands, but that hardly matters to my experience because it's a co-operative, not a competitive game. There's no leaderboards or competition here. It's like the difference between Diablo 3 on console, and Diablo 3 on PC. Diablo 3 on console is the better game because it's ditches the online only requirements.

2. Many of the server issues result in a crash, and not just for one of the players, but all of the players in a party. It's one thing to say, have servers that are overwhelmed, or connection issues, but the game should be able to handle those instances without crashing. I've been playing this for two days and I have experienced perhaps more than 20 crashes already, and this is on console! Just because the client cannot connect to the server does (as a result of whatever network issue), does not mean the game should crash.

If I was just stuck at the log in screen, their servers overwhelmed with players then that would be easy to understand, but the network issues combined with intermittent crashing, which seems to be tied to network issues, it just makes the game feel half baked.

I agree I don't get the "to stop cheaters" reasoning

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I've been using Gravity Leap on Devastator as a defensive move now. Things get to hectic I hurry and kill an add then leap. I wait for the skill to expire for the quick cooldown. Gets me out some hectic situations.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got an armour mod for Devastator that lets me use Earthquake twice before it goes on cooldown. It's legitimately awesome.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
man these world tiers make it hard to be a devastator. getting my ass kicked constantly.

Equip your gear with the following Gravity Leap mods to survive a bit longer:

1. The one that heals for 15% of damage done, or 30% if the target is killed.
2. The one that adds x amount of damage to Gravity Leap.

Boom! You now have an almost full heal every 14 seconds. You can equip Reflect Bullets or Stone Armor to help you wait out the CD.

I'm currently level 15 @ world tier 8, so it's very doable as a Devastator.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
2. Many of the server issues result in a crash, and not just for one of the players, but all of the players in a party. It's one thing to say, have servers that are overwhelmed, or connection issues, but the game should be able to handle those instances without crashing. I've been playing this for two days and I have experienced perhaps more than 20 crashes already, and this is on console! Just because the client cannot connect to the server (as a result of whatever network issue), does not mean the game should crash.

What console are you on?
I'm on PS5 and the server crash only results in a disconnect to lobby for me.
Not saying you don't crash but it sounds very different from what I am experiencing here.

Talonluck

Oct 27, 2017
Gilbert, Arizona
Does join a random team work for anyone? On Xbox series x. I really want to play with people but never finds a game or makes one. Nobody joins me even though privacy is open. Is this just server issues?

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Does join a random team work for anyone? On Xbox series x. I really want to play with people but never finds a game or makes one. Nobody joins me even though privacy is open. Is this just server issues?

Think so, I'm trying to matchmake right now and just nothing so far today. Been hit/miss, I've joined about two other yesterday, though there was lots of waiting.