• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
Went Pyromancer, played about three hours so far and really enjoyed it so will definitely go back to it - basically what I love about GamePass, I get to play a load of stuff that would have passed me by.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Finally, my first legendary drop:

Ex-a44RWQAIXkr0

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
As pyromancer I was getting creamed by everything so I respecced half into the top tree and half into the middle one, focusing on assault rifles. I think the bottom tree really shines in group endgame play.
I also went and checked the inbox for the dlc weapons at the main town stash.
I have been upgrading the boots you get from that, they actually give you a teleport/dash instead of roll with iframes. This makes melee enemies, the mortar fire, and the first boss much easier.
I also found a rifle with slow on it, it doesn't just slow their running it actually slows time on enemies when you crit, I realize that is RNG. But after these changes I went from can't even kill normal enemies on WT3 to maxed auto world tier and it feels too easy now.
Early on as a Pyromancer put your faith in Thermal Bomb. Wear gear that lets you use it multiple times, expand the range (available on purple gear mods) and up the damage. Heatwave groups as they run up to you, then Bomb one and stay close to it so enemies cluster in range.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lvl 21. Think I will rest it for a bit. The overall game is solid but there are some annoying aspects that prevent it from being great.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What to pick?

outridersleggos1080oak03.png

I don't use shotguns so the firt one is out (but damn, making enemies float for 5s sounds silly fun with a 1s cooldown). Snipers I use a lot, so spawning a cluster of bombs on crits and also all shots exploding sounds pretty decent. But the LMG's singularity and ash combo has to be effective, just that 6s cooldown. I dunno, I can do a lot of damage safely with any sniper, but that LMG would make sweatier encounters a bit less stressful.

Oh so it does it automatically without the user hitting the button? So if there's loot no I go back to the town or finish the mission it's added to my inventory?
I think there's a keypress on PC from what I was reading, but I play on console and there's no button press I know of to force it.

ukas

Oct 25, 2017
What to pick?

outridersleggos1080oak03.png

I don't use shotguns so the firt one is out (but damn, making enemies float for 5s sounds silly fun with a 1s cooldown). Snipers I use a lot, so spawning a cluster of bombs on crits and also all shots exploding sounds pretty decent. But the LMG's singularity and ash combo has to be effective, just that 6s cooldown. I dunno, I can do a lot of damage safely with any sniper, but that LMG would make sweatier encounters a bit less stressful.

I think there's a keypress on PC from what I was reading, but I play on console and there's no button press I know of to force it.
Can't you re-run the quest and pick another reward? Or is this from something special?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
If youre in the middle of a mission and you get those flags to post waypoints for, can you safely close the game and come back to that exact spot in the mission? Or would I have to re-do everything

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I was feeling super op at WT8, and then I took two bounties that readily handed my ass to me, several times. Jeez.
Guess I have to go back to optimising my gear.

One thing is a little confusing though.
The firepower on gear and the way it translates to bonus dmg isn't very clear, I switched a gear piece for something with higher bonus firepower and my bonus damage went down.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Here's a small tip, not sure how well known it might be. If you're given the option to choose a reward it seems you can quit the game, rejoin and you'll get rerolled items. Not the items themselves, or the perks either, but firepower and the small stats in the white box.

Realised my xbox had put the game in suspend mode (or maybe it was me when I shared a screen shot). When I got back into the game I was worried the weapons offered would be lost, but they were all there with the same mods when I spoke to the quest giver - phew. But the perks and stats were re-rolled. The level was still 28 and the mods were the same, but firepower was wildly different (15% lower on sniper, 20% higher on shotty, marginally more on LMG). Small stats in the white box were different values but same categories (think they are fixed on legendaries) but pretty much in the same brackets. So if you're offered something nice with a disappointing firepower stat, might be worth the hassle of a reload. Or not if you CBA lol.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaaand kicked out again. XSX...

I thought they fixed this already. Worked great until now. Too many people playing again?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
The game quitting in the middle of a boss fight because you lose connection somehow while playing solo is enough for me to walk away

Uga

Oct 31, 2017
Booting it up for the first time on Xbox Game Pass only to immediately get a "Could not connect to Outriders servers" is less than ideal...

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, second day - Same problems.
I understand the problems at launch day, but I really hope they fix their stuff quickly.
Was all working ok during Europe daytime - just like yesterday.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
How long does the PC-console cross-play desync bug take to rear its head? I'm catching up with a couple of mates tomorrow, one of whom owns an X1, so I'm thinking we can take turns playing co-op, but if the desync happens every other minute rather than, say, every 30 or whatever, then it won't be worth the trouble.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
After having played this for a few hours Square needs to offer offline play for the game. There's really no need to have this be 100% online.

Eskiboy

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham
FFS, was just in the middle of a boss fight and the game kicks me off because the servers are down. That has happened two times now. It's soo frustrating

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
Been completely dead since yesterday afternoon, previously I could get a match after 5 or so failures but now nothing.

Just hit 22, the Technomancer's last skill is hilariously OP for where I am atm
Yeah I've been trying all day but no success at all. Hope they fix these issues soon

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
How long does the PC-console cross-play desync bug take to rear its head? I'm catching up with a couple of mates tomorrow, one of whom owns an X1, so I'm thinking we can take turns playing co-op, but if the desync happens every other minute rather than, say, every 30 or whatever, then it won't be worth the trouble.

My brother and I tried a few times lastnight (series x to pc) and we could only stay together in the lobby screen. Before the map would even finish loading someone would get kicked. It's literally unplayable unfortunately.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
If you're in a boss fight like I was do you lose all progress and rewards

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no real need for this game to be online only.

What a mess.

Yesterday i lost progression because it didn't save propperly. Despite me even going back to base. And it kicked me out every few minutes.

Today it kicks me out right after I killed a boss. Hopefully my stuff is there...

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
My brother and I tried a few times lastnight (series x to pc) and we could only stay together in the lobby screen. Before the map would even finish loading someone would get kicked. It's literally unplayable unfortunately.

Bah. :( Cheers. Maybe I'll use that as an excuse to snap up It Takes Two (no cross-play, of course, but we can connect my laptop to the TV and do the Friend Pass thing).

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Servers down again. Wanted to try beating the volcano boss again. My son accidently turned off my TV/Xbox by sitting on the Harmony remote when i was close to beating the spider (he was excited...lol) I hate that this game has no form of quick resume

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I'm a stupid player with very low intelligence, so help me out with this.

As a Pyromancer, you get health back by burning enemies THEN firing at them, or just burning them returns health back to you? I'm still not getting that bit.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
kicked out after a long mission - do I at least keep the xp when the game is up again? or lose the entire mission XP/items

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm only level 11 or so, just finished up all the quests and side quests in the second major map/area of the game. I have all blues equipped and one of my assault rifles is insane and does this plasma explosion on hit.

Still early though, but I do see a lot of issues from the demo that persist and lots of others that have been fixed. I feel at times the game is super clunky and boring and other times is super exciting and gripping. I love the way different abilities harmonize and I love the weapon and skill variety. I'm playing fully solo (I played the demo with 2 friends) and I do miss that co-op fun that just comes with cooperative experiences for sure.

One annoyance for me has to be the marksmen/sniper enemies. They don't give you enough time in solo to pop out of cover with your sniper and hit them, instead they snipe you and push you back out of cover. They're a little OP. In co-op I imagine they would be less annoying to deal with as they may be focused on one of the team mates rather than me who is sticking back with a sniper.

Does anyone have any good loadout (and skills) builds for the Trickster? I need to stop using a sniper for one as I know its a much closer range class but I'm not sure which skills suck. I also swapped Hunt the Prey for Twisted Rounds which may have been a bad choice but I have been able to rinse enemies stuck in my bubble with Twisted Rounds so I'm not sure.