• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

snackshack

Oct 30, 2017
Hot n juicy SolidFPS technomancer build video for anyone interested. He puts a lot of thought into his builds.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Technomancer isn't really a solo player is it? :p
I feel the more I progress the more I get swamped by enemies wanting to do close range.
It's not so good when the character is focused on long range!

I think I'm going to try pyro instead.

Edit: lol. the post above me is what I need I think

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Technomancer isn't really a solo player is it? :p
I feel the more I progress the more I get swamped by enemies wanting to do close range.
It's not so good when the character is focused on long range!

I think I'm going to try pyro instead.

Edit: lol. the post above me is what I need I think

It's definitely the struggle class. The above build gives an idea of what it can do after getting deeper in the game/skill tree/mods but getting there might require taking the longer route of lower world tiers. It's a struggle without plenty of ice abilities thats for sure.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The combat in this game is truly fantastic. Kind of shocked how much I'm enjoying it because I never would have picked it up at launch if it wasn't for Game Pass.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
It's definitely the struggle class. The above build gives an idea of what it can do after getting deeper in the game/skill tree/mods but getting there might require taking the longer route of lower world tiers. It's a struggle without plenty of ice abilities thats for sure.

I'm at level 14 so I can do some of it at least. It's not that I can not progress at all really I just die _a lot_ now with world tier 6 :p

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I chose to be Technomancer and I don't think it's the right class if you playing solo. You get rushed a lot and I keep taking quite a bit of damage and health drops really fast. I went down few times and got revived by my buddy.

So heads up for those planning to do solo and going the Technomancer path.

It is perfectly soloable class. I think people need to start looking at each class as an initial template only, which you can then turn into whatever class you want to play with items, class points, and skills.

I feel like around level 16 any class starts to feel more like your own unique version of that class, which is a great feeling.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
After playing a Pyro in the demo and not having a great time I have this game another shot with the devastator and it's mich more fun. I do have to say though that the formula is running a little thin by the third area.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I chose pyro

the game is fairly easy with this class

so far I really dunno if I want to continue.It's ok. It's probably just not my thing

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Ah, after doing the toxic + damage buff stuff in the video on top here I am just melting enemies lol
My build was all over the place before.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ughhh

I love this Trickster build but I'm running into issues with high-damage enemies that I can't burst down. It also has a LOT of CC, which is great against mooks, but kind of fucks me over against Captains since it apparently triggers their Interrupt-immunity.
Am i the only one who's basically recycling everything to upgrade stuff and buying nothing at all?
100%

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are people's thoughts on the Devestator class?

If Technomancer is like playing Gears of War, then Devastator is like playing Doom. It's really dang fun, especially with a shotgun because you just run right into groups and blast them into a hundred little pieces, but it's also kinda tough to take down elites. You're very good at interrupting them but I don't think you really have the powerful spells you'd need to kill them quickly.

I'm actually struggling at world tier 7 against this one fight where there are three elites. I don't want to lower my world tier, though, so I need to figure out a way to not die. 🤔

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
I gotta say, I'm REALLY enjoying myself with this. Gameplay is pretty sublime when it finds it's stride and you open more abilities/weapons. It's funny because of was feeling a little cold on it after the demo but it was juuuust fun enough to make me want to roll the dice. I just got an ability that turned my machine gun into a meteor launcher. SOLD! haha

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
At one point I wished I fought more monsters than humans. The forest and later on have made me think otherwise. That ambush tactic is ferocious.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I gotta say, I'm REALLY enjoying myself with this. Gameplay is pretty sublime when it finds it's stride and you open more abilities/weapons. It's funny because of was feeling a little cold on it after the demo but it was juuuust fun enough to make me want to roll the dice. I just got an ability that turned my machine gun into a meteor launcher. SOLD! haha
Omg haha, what class did you pick for that ability? I want it lol.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Love it. Auto World Tier scaling is very much off in a group of 3 so you get obliterated if you don't pop survival as you get super aggro being close range
If Technomancer is like playing Gears of War, then Devastator is like playing Doom. It's really dang fun, especially with a shotgun because you just run right into groups and blast them into a hundred little pieces, but it's also kinda tough to take down elites. You're very good at interrupting them but I don't think you really have the powerful spells you'd need to kill them quickly.

I'm actually struggling at world tier 7 against this one fight where there are three elites. I don't want to lower my world tier, though, so I need to figure out a way to not die. 🤔
Thanks I went with Devestator, I like the Doom comparison.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
If Technomancer is like playing Gears of War

oh no is this a thing on later levels

i'm not that far yet and i'm enjoying running around dropping bombs and turrets with the occasional sniper shot, ignoring cover and playing "aggressively" as the game says they want me to. i do NOT want to play as gears of war. guess i will restart while i can

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Can you make multiple characters in this game? If so, do you have to do the intro stuff all over again?

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Too little time spent playing fior all the time faffing about in menus and spent travelling/getting and finishing quests.

Toying with ones build is part of the gameplay, shooting is oart of the gameplay but its overwhelmed by evertyhign else. the side effect of steamrolling enemies is that you run out of level too quickly and its too slow to get back into it. again

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
So no class switching, right? I ask because I'm not sure I can play the whole game 3-4 times. It's lengthy. I just hope I don't get bored. Any idea how long it takes on average to hit max level? If not max level then at least unlock all skills for a given class?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
you talking about heat bullets? i like that. i use it on an smg that has like 40 ammo per clip currently. made it to the level with the first sighting of monsters so getting to herd up and then shooting feels nice ;D

also anyone have to toggle the compare weapon all the time even if you set it to on?

Kitaj

Oct 30, 2017
Having some trouble finding the path to a side quest
Quarry - Hunter Bigjaw
The quest trackers takes me to a broken bridge, that doesn't have that blue glow for me to interact and jump to the other side. Is this a bug? a problem with my game or something only accessible later?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
In addition to my story comments, these have got to be some of the blandest characters I've played in a while lol.

Fun game though and yeah, higher world levels are really hard

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Is there a lot of levels/area variety as well as weapon visual effects? I find with games like this im not into simple number changes on screen with new weapons. I love the visual differences with how they shoot things and their sound/visual effects.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Matchmaking being completely dead is driving me crazy now, trying to do this Deadman's Wish quest as a Technomacer. You are immediately detected so no setting up sniping, enemies have pinpoint accuracy and just an endless barrage of grenades and motor shells with 2 places to take cover.

Currently WT8, probably going to have to drop that drastically just to cheese this

Last edited:

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
When it comes to gameplay in missions, is there anything to do but kill, kill and kill some more? It seems very basic when it comes to the design of the missions, go here and pull this lever to open a door and fight some enemies.