• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The way this story just introduces and then fucking mercs people is kinda of hilarious

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got my first purpleeeeee I love it.

I liked the design of the big lava spider. Fight seemed trickier than it was, at first. Sort of felt a bit like Gauss in that respect. The big showcase bosses feel easier than some of the miniboss fights with lots of mooks running around. First phase way harder than the other two, though being shotgun specced was a big disadvantage, I think. Hard to get in that close safely.
I already had some, but put it on world tier 1 and let my kid have at it. It still dropped 2 purples just at a lower level. That got me thinking I might just wanna rip through the whole game on super easy mode just to grab a ton of mods and then go from there... it's kinda tempting tbh... but then will I think there's nothing more to see and be done with it when there's no carrot dangling to incentivise anything. Hmmm, if these bosses are repeatable and guaranteed drops with good mods, it might just be better to rinse one of them for a bit.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I already had some, but put it on world tier 1 and let my kid have at it. It still dropped 2 purples just at a lower level. That got me thinking I might just wanna rip through the whole game on super easy mode just to grab a ton of mods and then go from there... it's kinda tempting tbh... but then will I think there's nothing more to see and be done with it when there's no carrot dangling to incentivise anything. Hmmm, if these bosses are repeatable and guaranteed drops with good mods, it might just be better to rinse one of them for a bit.
Not guaranteed; mine was actually a quest reward from after the boss. Didn't drop shit for me at world tier 6.

Dammit, now I'm all salty.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Everything about this game is so underwhelming except the gameplay. But goddamn if the gameplay isn't fantastic. The best looter shooter game yet. Blows Destiny/Borderlands/The Division out of the water. The character classes and skills are so fucking rad. Such a video game ass video game.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I just got a weapon with a perk that lets you trigger your ability twice. This is where it starts to get a little bit more fun.

After changing to other weapon types I didn't get a single shotgun drop which is pretty shit...
There's a talent that ups the % chance of any drop to be a shotty that I'm quite fond of. Does extra damage, too.
I'm using 1 shotgun/1 Assault Rifle as otherwise you EAT through shotgun ammo.
Same, but with a submachine gun. You need something with a little more range, just in case. And like you said, you have so little shotty ammo.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a weapon with a perk that lets you trigger your ability twice. This is where it starts to get a little bit more fun.

After changing to other weapon types I didn't get a single shotgun drop which is pretty shit...
All classes have skills to increase drop rate of specific weapons. For example - There's a class skill for devastators that increases shotgun drop rate.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Everything about this game is so underwhelming except the gameplay. But goddamn if the gameplay isn't fantastic. The best looter shooter game yet. Blows Destiny/Borderlands/The Division out of the water. The character classes and skills are so fucking rad. Such a video game ass video game.

I agree partially with this as many features in this game are underwhelming but the actual gameplay/skills is not. I do not agree that it blows The Division and Destiny out of the water though. Those things do a lot of great things in much bigger words than this. I'm starting to lose interest in these small segregated areas with all this fast travel. I wish it was more modern. It feels like a game that's been in development hell since 2010.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Trying out this technomancer top tree sniper build with toxic. So far it's nice but I'm not sure I want to be long ranged all the time. I'm busting shit up tho.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Trying out this technomancer top tree sniper build with toxic. So far it's nice but I'm not sure I want to be long ranged all the time. I'm busting shit up tho.
I played a few hours of technomancer and got up to level 14...then I tried trickster last night up to level 3.

I had WAY more fun in the 1 hour that I played trickster.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I agree partially with this as many features in this game are underwhelming but the actual gameplay/skills is not. I do not agree that it blows The Division and Destiny out of the water though. Those things do a lot of great things in much bigger words than this. I'm starting to lose interest in these small segregated areas with all this fast travel. I wish it was more modern. It feels like a game that's been in development hell since 2010.
The Division and Destiny are much more polished and their worlds feel more fleshed out but they are also highly boring to me when actually playing. I don't get the gameplay diversity that this game hits you in the face with. Each character class feels so distinct and I think they have done an excellent job forcing you to rely on your skills to survive. I also love the pace of this game. Destiny and The Division feel plodding in comparison.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

It's just a much much lower budget game than those mentioned that's much smaller in scope. I'm sure the sales have far exceeded their expectations already. I'd be shocked if it doesn't receive follow up dlc - it seems like originally the team / publisher didn't expect it to pop off like this. The thirst for a fun looter shooter is legit.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The Division and Destiny are much more polished and their worlds feel more fleshed out but they are also highly boring to me when actually playing. I don't get the gameplay diversity that this game hits you in the face with. Each character class feels so distinct and I think they have done an excellent job forcing you to rely on your skills to survive. I also love the pace of this game. Destiny and The Division feel plodding in comparison.

I think the weirdest thing is that while yeah, in Destiny all of the classes have different abilities, but often you just don't really feel any different to one another unless you're using those abilities.

But with this game they do a lot more incentivizing to make you play differently.

Like Trickers, from the little I've played, most of it's abilities are meant for closer range. So yeah that will be different from say the Technomancers whose abilities are generally meant for longer range.

But it's not just the abilities, it's how the whole healing mechanics of the classes make you just play through levels and encounters very differently. The trickster wants to be up in everyone's faces all the time no matter if it's abilities are on CD or not.

It's not complicated stuff or innovative stuff, but it's a lot of little tiny things that made me brief time playing the starting area as Trickster feel completely different then my run through with Pyro.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Yeah me as well, I played all other classes but decided on the Technomancer because I like turrets :)

I must say, the gap closers and in-your-face combat of the other classes is more fun. The Technomancer is probably the only class that has to use cover from time to time. That being said, I expect to kick ass once I get my final turret :) I mainly wanted this build for team fights.

Once I reach end-game, I will probably level up a second class. Probably tank.

And I would like to add that EVERY looter shooter should adopt the healing mechanics of this game. Incredible how it affects your playstyle. No more auto healing or healing potions, healing by combat only!!!!!! (Yes DooM does it already).

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The game is just unapologetic in general. Powers are on short cooldown wich makes it fun, the locations are all over the place in a good way. From snowy mountains to a WW1 setting etc, story is over the top, mods on weapons do crazy stuff, we probably gonna see some overpowered builds but i doubt the devs will care, everything is day 1 in the game, some will play the game for 20 hours and had fun and are done and some will play way more hours. Its all good.
I think the game is liked because it feels abit refreshing even tho the game isnt like crazy AAA and people can look over that. The game just want you to have fun instead trying to "nickle and dime" you for every little thing from content to skills, powers etc.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
It's nice when games actually have some mechanics. Interrupts and telegraphs and synergies are not that complicated but strangely absent from too many encounters in other games. I like it when games are flexible with skills but demanding with the use of them, if that makes sense.

This game has a lot of things I wish were different, but it gets the core right, so far. Enjoying it. I also like/roll my eyes at the sheer video-gameness of it.

Hasidan

Nov 16, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Antagonizing Fellow Member; Prior Ban for Trolling; Account in Junior Phase
You sounded ridiculous.
Think before you write
I tried to be nice ... who do you think you are?
You sound like (and probably are) a 11 year old child who can't handle people not praising his new toy.
Don't be sad, little man/woman - and try not to have another tantrum. Everyone in the world do not share your opinon. And that's ok - even though your mommy told you otherwise.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I tried to be nice ... who do you think you are?
You sound like (and probably are) a 11 year old child who can't handle people not praising his new toy.
Don't be sad, little man/woman - and try not to have another tantrum. Everyone in the world do not share your opinon. And that's ok - even though your mommy told you otherwise.

You made the claim the game would be forgotten and the only reason people are playing it is because Gamepass. The Steam concurrent user stats makes a different picture entirely. In case you weren't aware, the game isn't available on GamePass on PC, so the only way for such a high concurrent player base in first place is if people bought the game. You don't get such high concurrent numbers on the first or second day without at least a competent gameplay loop, let alone good word of mouth.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Its abit annoying people use the terms like "game is forgotten soon" or "population will be low soon" as some sort of gotcha
Not all games need to be played for many years. The dev didnt intended with this game also. I dont want this game to feel like another "job" also.
If i get like 30/40 hours of it and had fun playing a coop looter shooter i am totally fine with it.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I don't care if a game is a little rough around the edges as long as it's fun to play. Outriders is pretty much the definition of dumb fun, and that's exactly why I play video games. Obviously things like connections need to be worked out, but I'm totally fine with AA production values.

I've had enough AAA games stuffed with forced walking sequences and detective vision to last me a life time. Just let me run around and shoot/blow stuff up in tight, linear areas. Outriders nails that really well so far. Kudos to People Can Fly for having their own vision and seeing it through.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really glad this came to Game Pass, I had no interest at all but I ended up playing for over 5 hours straight today. This game is just fun to play and has the same addictive gameplay loop as something like Diablo or Borderlands.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Finally got a legendary and made it to world tier 7. Crazy how hard the human enemies are in this. Their accuracy is just out of effing control. Also another minpr complaint so far is the balance between how much titanium they give out compared to how much they ask for upgrading an item. I'm finding that modding weapons and gear regularly is making the game more playable to progress tiers but I can't just upgrade what I'm using. Gotta upgrade all other aspects to get them to what I would need that don't use Titanium, though I'm assuming you can find it by mining or more from rewards as you progress in tiers. It's a weird and annoying round about way to do things imo. That said when you get a set of mods that work well together its smooth as butter.

I'm chewing my way through it, trying to stay at world tier but the penalty for death is a bit too much imo.

Also still could not get any match making to work and I've been playing all day on PS5 but its been an enjoyable ride. It really has the same feel as Diablo 3 for me.

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Division (both of them) are completely single player friendly, barring raids and heroic missions.

This has a really good difficulty system, think Torment levels in Diablo 3, so it can be as easy or as hard as you're comfortable with.
Yea, the pacing and structure is very Diablo esque. Which makes sense as it's easily the most polished ARPG system out there. Games always seem to want to distinguish themselves in some odd way off from the system, but then fail to meet or exceed the basic expectations set by good ARPG systems. So let's me down. This is looking good so far, just have to get cross-play working between PC and console.

As for PC performance for people here, is anyone else getting massive stutter spikes. I'll go from like 100 fps to major drop/hitch pretty regularly for no apparent reason. My CPU 3700x is getting into the 60% usage range from the game. But I don't think that's it?

Jan 11, 2019
I will say something controversial and yet true.

- Mechanically, this is the unofficial sequel to Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

- Thematically, you could market this game as a Warhammer game, taking place on some blackwater planet everyone has forgotten about. None of the themes and events would feel even slightly out of place.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
It's just a much much lower budget game than those mentioned that's much smaller in scope. I'm sure the sales have far exceeded their expectations already. I'd be shocked if it doesn't receive follow up dlc - it seems like originally the team / publisher didn't expect it to pop off like this. The thirst for a fun looter shooter is legit.

mainly because only Destiny has succeeded. The Division is doing just okay, but the setting is just boring.

Imo, looters are a lot more fun in crazy settings like Destiny (aliens and magic basically) and now Outriders is providing another crazy setting.

Game is rough, but this is for sure getting a sequel.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Huh, just found out about the modding system. Interesting. Just hit lvl 9. Game is not perfect but its growing on me.

sweetvar26

Oct 26, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
Played this game for few hours, I think I'm level 5 right now. Played some of the game solo while some Co-op with my buddy.

I chose to be Technomancer and I don't think it's the right class if you playing solo. You get rushed a lot and I keep taking quite a bit of damage and health drops really fast. I went down few times and got revived by my buddy.

So heads up for those planning to do solo and going the Technomancer path.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Played this game for few hours, I think I'm level 5 right now. Played some of the game solo while some Co-op with my buddy.

I chose to be Technomancer and I don't think it's the right class if you playing solo. You get rushed a lot and I keep taking quite a bit of damage and health drops really fast. I went down few times and got revived by my buddy.

Imo techno actually good solo if you stack blighted rounds mods with an LMG since techno doesn't need to kill to get back HP

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

I agree. I'm playing a Technomancer too and I think the game would be a lot more fun if you were more aggressive in your play style (i.e. do not play it as a cover shooter) since you get to heal on (some kind of) damage dealt for all classes. I'm only level 5 and the Techno just feels a bit slower and clunky playing as a cover shooter.

Oct 27, 2017
Got fully decked out in epic gear (purple) doing bounty hunts - get lots of good loot from them. Level 17 / WT 8. Still no legendary drop since the demo!

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The world tier 1 steamroll is ridiculous fun. It's so easy that probably 3 or 4 would be just as trivial but more engaging, but I'm sticking with it just to see how it goes. The next boss killed dropped 1 legendary and 2 epics. The legendary is a sniper and I play as a sniper, it's got a freeze perk and a perk that makes enemies explode when shot while frozen. OK, so it cost a ton of resources to get it up from crappy to useful, but not arguing after all that grinding in the demo I did for $fuckall return lol.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You've got to be kidding me with this radio tower fight. Three captains in one encounter?!?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah that was crazy. I'm still surprised I managed to beat that on my first try with using no cover as Pyro.
Just done this one...sheessshhh
Making one of them a Vanguard is just SUCH a dick move because it makes it so, so hard to put permanent damage on any of them. You can't focus them down, there's too much incoming damage. I'm tapdancing for my goddamn LIFE each time I try this.

First time I'm seriously considering bumping down the world tier, lol. 7 might be too much for my current setup.

Nov 1, 2017
I've only taken one character beyond the first area from the demo...do unlocked mods apply to all characters, or are they per character only?