• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
How do you coop ? It fails to find people to play with. I have cross play turned off since it says it's in beta mode still...

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
I still can't even log in. Been stuck on 'Authenticating' for hours....I can get into any other online game though.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
This game is incredibly fun when it's working. Unfortuenately server disconnects has only let me make about 90mins of progress today.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
The story is serviceable. It's not great but it has a hook... you gotta find the signal because electronics don't work due to the storm yet somehow this digital signal is broadcasting. If it's located in a place where the storm doesn't affect it, you can finally use power again and basically end the war since you can use all your high tech gadgets and 3D printers and shit. It's easy to understand and has a clear goal but yeah it's not great.

By the way, the female voice actor sounds like she's bored out of her mind, like she's just reading off the page. I just hit Eagle Peaks so I dunno if she gets any better but so far it's been really hit or miss (more often the latter).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Story is fine, yeah. Better than Borderlands or launch Destiny/D2. Some profoundly stupid moments where it walks over the line from "grimdark" into "grimderp," but otherwise it's all good. Male VA might be better, idk.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The story is serviceable. It's not great but it has a hook... you gotta find the signal because electronics don't work due to the storm yet somehow this digital signal is broadcasting. If it's located in a place where the storm doesn't affect it, you can finally use power again and basically end the war since you can use all your high tech gadgets and 3D printers and shit. It's easy to understand and has a clear goal but yeah it's not great.

By the way, the female voice actor sounds like she's bored out of her mind, like she's just reading off the page. I just hit Eagle Peaks so I dunno if she gets any better but so far it's been really hit or miss (more often the latter).

I like the female voice actor. Granted I just get the vibe not of being bored, but just not really giving a shit about any bullshit. Just wants to get the job done.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So there is a penalty for dying!! Your world tier bar goes down, makes it harder to go to the next level.

Lvl 6 is kicking my ass 😩

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
The story segments in the game are pretty lame lol. Can't really take it seriously
YOU WOKE UP FROM CRYO SLEEP? WELL THAT'S JUST FANTASTIC.
You put me there, what happened?!
FUCK OFF, YOU SHOULD HAVE DIEEEED.

I'm digging the story in a "okay it's entertaining at least" but the beginning is all over the place between "good setting and SHIT WENT BONKERS".

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the native wildlife you encounter in the second area is SO MUCH easier to fight than the Insurgents. It's ridiculous. Your average encounter vs. humans will take me a try or two to figure out, but I haven't gone down to the wildlife once.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting major frame lockups, is it better to be playing DX11 or 12 right now? I'll be getting 120fps then just frame lag for a second.

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
Still enjoying this a lot with my son (die and pass). It can be fun as hell and brutal, but fair once you learn. The powers are great and while t it's not a technical marvel it plays well. There is clearly love put into this games and you can see the roots in there from previous PCF games.

Story is not superb but enough to keep you pushing on. I can see this is becoming a marmite game.....I never would have played it except for gamepass and I'm glad I am. I hope it does well.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
So there is a penalty for dying!! Your world tier bar goes down, makes it harder to go to the next level.

Lvl 6 is kicking my ass 😩
I actually like the sound of that... gives you incentive to be more careful and make combat more intense. So it's kinda similar to Diablo and Psth of Exile where your XP bar goes down if you die.

Oct 27, 2017
Loving my run with the Technomancer so far - Level 15 and WT 8 and controlling the encounters from long range using a sniper and mid to close range with the double gun. Focusing on the upper tree since I snipe a lot, then I have equipment built around Blighted Rounds and Cryo Turret. Use Tools of Destruction when things get hectic.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
This game starts getting dope as hell in the 3rd region. I went from "this is sorta neat" to "actually this game is rad as hell".

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got to Deadrock Pass and I'm loving it so far.

I'm starting to get purple weapons with 2 mod slots and the even default synergies is great. I just picked up one that has two damage-on-reload perks that sound awesome together.

I'm L15 or 16 now, WT7. I just got the Trickster Borrowed Time skill with some really fun armour mods to go with it. I can now drop a portal, get my firepower buffed while I have a portal active, with 2x uptime for the portal. So I run out like a bat out of hell, buffed to shit, and just steamroll stuff and then hit the panic button if I'm close to dying to teleport back to my portal. All of this while still being able to drop Slow Bubbles and load up 2x mags of Twisted Rounds. I love how broken this shit is.

The story is also doing hilarious things. The writers clearly had fun because they're doing things like giant [redacted] living in volcano, a figurative carnival ride through a mad scientist's lab, or doomsday preppers forming a cult in the mountains. You fight and kill most of these hapless shmucks, or course.

It's all just really refreshing dumb fun for me, so far. I don't think I'd regret paying full price at all for this.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
Man, the native wildlife you encounter in the second area is SO MUCH easier to fight than the Insurgents. It's ridiculous. Your average encounter vs. humans will take me a try or two to figure out, but I haven't gone down to the wildlife once.

Yeah...enjoy it while its still easy. I agreed with you until I got to an area where I got melted nearly 10+ times. I had to change my abilities, respec and rethink how I played.

Luckily me, that spec also made it much easier for me lol

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
I just got to Deadrock Pass and I'm loving it so far.

I'm starting to get purple weapons with 2 mod slots and the even default synergies is great. I just picked up one that has two damage-on-reload perks that sound awesome together.

I'm L15 or 16 now, WT7. I just got the Trickster Borrowed Time skill with some really fun armour mods to go with it. I can now drop a portal, get my firepower buffed while I have a portal active, with 2x uptime for the portal. So I run out like a bat out of hell, buffed to shit, and just steamroll stuff and then hit the panic button if I'm close to dying to teleport back to my portal. All of this while still being able to drop Slow Bubbles and load up 2x mags of Twisted Rounds. I love how broken this shit is.

The story is also doing hilarious things. The writers clearly had fun because they're doing things like giant [redacted] living in volcano, a figurative carnival ride through a mad scientist's lab, or doomsday preppers forming a cult in the mountains. You fight and kill most of these hapless shmucks, or course.

It's all just really refreshing dumb fun for me, so far. I don't think I'd regret paying full price at all for this.
Great post ...really agree , this game is mad fun.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I just cannot quite get my finger on the reason why this game is so damn fun and replayable. It has nothing truly new in comparison to other games. My guess it has to be that the game borrows a lot of great mechanics from other games and actually mashes it together to create a very fluid and fun combat experience. The story is nothing to write home about. The graphics are clean and crisp but nothing spectacular. The characters are quite lame. But the damn core gameplay loop is really satisfying and the intro of the demo really did not do the level design any justice.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Did the second major area. Looks like there are some serious moments sprinkled in but also some very on the nose goofy AF shit, love it.

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Server issues aside it's great so far, so happy that you can respec at any time you want and it doesn't cost you anything, had a blast in co op(until we got booted)

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Was thinking about giving this a shot, but can't decide between PS5 or PC. My PC could def run it better but I also don't want to miss out on PS5 features. Does it have Dualsense support? If not I'll probably just go with the PC version
There's no guarantees of anything with the PC version right now, ps5 does a decent job of stickign to 60.
How does the game perform on series S now ? I saw in the DF video of the demo that it had a lot of drops on series S
It's not like that anymore, it's all good and smooth... although the full game now randomly crashes on the series consoles, no warning or error message, just right back to the dash like you just switched on.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'm marking a bunch of shit to dismantle but later on I go back into my inventory and everything is unmarked again. Is this happening to anybody else?? fucking annoying.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of fun when it isnt having weird performance issues and stutters.

I'm glad we finally got one of these shooters where the devs realized we want more abilities and to use them more often. They often feel so flimsy in other games, or too limited.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm marking a bunch of shit to dismantle but later on I go back into my inventory and everything is unmarked again. Is this happening to anybody else?? fucking annoying.
Yep it did. I wanted to keep on top of stuff when I wsa out in the wild, but new drops seemed to reset what I'd marked, so I left it for being back at the traders.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
The game needs some patches asap for technical problems like auto resolution scaling.. some controller imputs randomly appear and I'm using only keyboard/mouse with my controller disconnected and the 60 fps lock that happens after every cutscene or new zone sometimes. The stutter also needs a fix for many of the pc players.

But the good part is that the gameplay feels really fluid and dynamic.. in a few words feels like playing Doom Eternal in third person.. you need to be in constant movement and shooting stuff to heal pretty much all the time.. you can take a few pauses to snipe sometimes or place some skills on the field but 90% of the time you are in constant movement and that makes the game really fun.

Also the perks on the weapons and armor are game changing sometimes.. pay attention to that because they can make or break an early build that can carry you in harder difficulty tiers.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone on ps5 or PC tell me if the stat box that appears over your weapons/gear sometimes doesn't appear when you start up the game? You can press L2 to compare or switch the compare to slot 2, but you get nothing... only time you see it is if you equip something, then it vanishes again when you move the cursor off. Only fix being to restart the game. Getting pretty annoying on series s, not to the point where I want to go buy it for ps5, but just wanna know if this is all versions and more likely to get priority for a fix.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Still baffling why those games are released when they are obviously not finished. those beta style game releases while demanding full price are really tiring by now..

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Issue here though its not a GAAS its a lengthy campaign that can be played single player, which many people (myself included) want exclusively solo.

So the comments from steam are quite fair, I have had problems playing the game all day and I had a day off to take advantage of. I am on PS5, if I could I would refund it and buy later on cheaper when its hopefully fixed like I could with Steam.

You don't need to be GAAS game to have backend connectivity like this. It's bit eye rolly to throw fits over day 1 issues with servers as they always happen with games that have online component like this. Especially when devs clearly were really fast to work on solution unlike with e.g. Wolcen where game was offline basically for days.

For it to be "fixed" most likely means that there wont have same issues anymore today.

Also Sony is still stick in the shit with refunds? Shitty company for digital age of gaming.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my first purpleeeeee I love it.

I liked the design of the big lava spider. Fight seemed trickier than it was, at first. Sort of felt a bit like Gauss in that respect. The big showcase bosses feel easier than some of the miniboss fights with lots of mooks running around. First phase way harder than the other two, though being shotgun specced was a big disadvantage, I think. Hard to get in that close safely.