• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It reminds me of Warframe, a lot.
Warframe moves waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than any regular third-person shooter. Outriders included.

They're both definitely informed by the post-Gears of War era of shooters, but Warframe has always had its own strange alien look, from day 1.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't a pretty game, damn near ugly, but the moment-to-moment gameplay looks smooth and responsive which I consider to be the bread and butter of shooters. I'm moderately interested.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I will play anything Loot based but this looks pretty meh. COmbat feedback looks poor. Its like they have built a cover shooter like Gears but then not really deal with cover.

Considering what PCF made before, I expected way more interesting combat but maybe its just super early.

Also, not looking next-gen at all, even though its listed for Series X and PS5. Really wonder if they will show off anything more impressive at E3?

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks fantastic. And I'm glad square are leaving the older consoles behind with this release.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That IGN gameplay is just.. what the fuck. Couldn't be more boring if they tried.

Ugly brown palette, chest-high cover shooter. It's really like I'm looking at a remaster of a PS360-era game or something.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Since this was all running off PC I am curious to see if it will look much better on PS5 or XSX or if those versions are largely the same but 4K60

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
I guess I have more interest in this than I do Avengers.

But man sometimes there doesn't seem to be any impact with some of these attacks. Sometimes the enemies react to getting shot, while other times they don't give any kind of feedback.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's jarring to me. It looks like the enemies don't care if you're in cover or not.
Its weird. It feels more like its just there for decoration. Not sure if there is any cover options but the gameplay does not seem to suggest that cover would be a good idea as the enemies just seem to run in front of you as you mow them down.

On the plus side, I did see something about set bonus stuff, so at least they have that! Really need to see the loot options, combat skills etc before judging it but the combat, which is the main things you will do for 99% of the game, seems very lacking.

Oct 27, 2017
It's like if Anthem and Fuse had a baby that hates colors. Maybe there is an audience for this. This game just gives me the icks. Good thing I won't remember it much longer.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Its weird. It feels more like its just there for decoration. Not sure if there is any cover options but the gameplay does not seem to suggest that cover would be a good idea as the enemies just seem to run in front of you as you mow them down.

On the plus side, I did see something about set bonus stuff, so at least they have that! Really need to see the loot options, combat skills etc before judging it but the combat, which is the main things you will do for 99% of the game, seems very lacking.

Reminded me of the old shooting gallery arcade games. Enemies in front of your face all the time.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it could be a fun time waster, hoping for a Remnant from Ashes level of a plot twist on release.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Reminded me of the old shooting gallery arcade games. Enemies in front of your face all the time.
Reminded me a little of those endless Zombie survival FPS games on mobile phones. Its not the worst looking game, its just really not that impressive.

Maybe we are calling it out far too soon but the early showing does not look all that interesting.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most generic trend chasing game I've seen this generation, like holy crap.

The animations look smooth, but otherwise the game itself doesn't look good at all.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the art direction but gameplay looks alright. Watching it though I kind of wish it wasn't another shooter. Like it could still be cover based and ranged primarily but instead of guns, have artifacts that shoot magic or channel their powers (similar to guns) or something. I felt the same about Anthem too.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early 2000's called and they want their brown back.

Don't feeling it at all. Good luck to the studio though.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Doesn't look "next gen", and just seems like an amalgamation of a bunch of popular concepts...

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay looks solid enough, but not a fan of the aesthetic at all. Even Gears of War has a broader color palette than this. I'll keep an eye on it in case more environments show more diversity, but this looks a bit too much like a Gears knockoff

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Reveal trailer got me interested (reminded me of Destiny)
Gameplay trailer ruined that for me

Looks like another "The Division". I'd wait and see how this one turns out

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
yeah not feeling it. seems like it needs to cook for another year or 2. i don't see a hook to it. anthem at least had a flight suit and an interesting setting. at least the skill tree looks interesting.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
If they nail the co-op this looks like it could scratch that Mass Effect multiplayer itch.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Indie seems a bit weird here, they are being backed by Sony and GearBox and is primed to be one of the PS5 launch exclusives......

They are still an Indie developer made up of a team of 75. While they are being funded, it's a game being made by a smallish team.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a bit from the last side quest in the hands-on demo. Gunplay is great so far but I feel like the cover system could use some major tweaks.

www.youtube.com

Outriders Hands-on Gameplay (PC) From The Preview Event

Hands-on impressions: https://wccftech.com/outriders-hands-on-preview-four-classes-gear-score-and-cross-generation-gunplay/Outriders is out this Holiday on P...

(From my full hands-on preview here https://wccftech.com/outriders-hand...sses-gear-score-and-cross-generation-gunplay/ )

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
every enemy is a bullet sponge jesus christ and those environments look so boring

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dialogue option: Where can I find this fucker.

*chooses option*

"Where is he?"

giphy.gif