• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Use your signal finder, follow the distress signal to the escape pod
then follow the lights from pod till you come to a bunch of dead aliens, shoot your probe into the bramble hole and follow the duplicate beacon

Thanks I never wouldve thought to

grab the distress signal for one of the other 2 pods

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There's an AMAZING easter egg ending I just got.

Involves the black/white hole experiment

When you flip the power and show that your drone actually comes out of the white hole before even entering the black hole, you can shoot your drone, then quickly pick up the black hole slab to remove it and create a second drone. You break the universe and get a hilarious credit roll with different music.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
WTF is this game?

Spent 30 minutes wondering around, finally got in the space ship. Launch into orbit. Autopilot to another planet. Something smashes into my ship that sends me flying a billion kilometers away from anything and 7 minutes later I die from no oxygen?

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Is there usually another way around
ghost matter
, or do you eventually find a way to get rid of it?

So many barriers right now cause of them.

TheCalcutec

IP Director @ Possibility Space
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there usually another way around
ghost matter
, or do you eventually find a way to get rid of it?

So many barriers right now cause of them.

There is basically always another way around it, often via jet pack and a higher or lower pathway. Also, be sure to check your ship log to actually confirm that there is more to find. There are a few locations where your gut will tell you there's more there, but you've actually finished exploring the area just fine.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
There is basically always another way around it, often via jet pack and a higher or lower pathway. Also, be sure to check your ship log to actually confirm that there is more to find. There are a few locations where your gut will tell you there's more there, but you've actually finished exploring the area just fine.

I'm in the
interloper
so this definitely more to find :)

Guess I'll keep exploring other ways then. Wasn't sure if I needed to come back later

Oct 25, 2017
Game has been pretty fun so far. My first stop was
the hollow planet. I'm kind of dying a lot, missing jumps, in general knocking my face against the floor at high velocity. It's been a little annoying, as I think I just made it to the hanging city, but then tried to take a shortcut and got sucked out into the black hole for the 400th time.

How do you know when you're done in an area, or is not that kind of game? I keep finding new stuff, but I'd like to see other areas, so maybe just head off in another direction?

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta love when the best game so far of the year just stealth releases out of no where. This is such a wonderful experience, enhanced by discovering it with friends who are also playing it.

My favorite feeling from games is when they make me think "what the hell is this game?" When they make it feel like you have no idea what is around the next corner, what the game is capable of. It's so rare for a game to do that once, let alone numerous times. I've still not beaten this but it's made me feel that awe and wonder numerous times and that's damn amazing.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
the hollow planet. I'm kind of dying a lot, missing jumps, in general knocking my face against the floor at high velocity. It's been a little annoying, as I think I just made it to the hanging city, but then tried to take a shortcut and got sucked out into the black hole for the 400th time.

How do you know when you're done in an area, or is not that kind of game? I keep finding new stuff, but I'd like to see other areas, so maybe just head off in another direction?
The Ship's Log will always tell you when you have more in an area with orange text + an orange symbol.

That said, I have a few outstanding areas with "more to see" that I thought I scoured pretty well my first or second times through, and I'm really not looking forward to finding my way back to them and nosing around. Especially some of the time-sensitive stuff.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
also, nuts that this game has been in alpha since 2015/in development since 2012. Not full-time since 2012, but jesus christ. games take so long to make

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Hey, can one of you guys help me out with something on Ember Twin. I think I can beat the game now, but I have one location with that "more to see" note on it, and it's on Ember Twin. Also, I am concerned that it's a bug (which is why I'm asking for help/hints.)

Okay, so I recalled the frozen shuttle from the gravity cannon. I went inside and read the audio recording that is there. When I go back to my ship, it says there's more to find in the frozen shuttle. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what that would be. I've even tried blasting off into space in it (just for kicks), but nothing! Oh, and I read through all the pages of the audio log that's there.

I even found a link on Reddit that had a picture of all the info your computer tells you from the shuttle, and it seems to be all the damn stuff I read in the audio file on there. (About the two aliens that went to explore and never came back.) Help!

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, can one of you guys help me out with something on Ember Twin. I think I can beat the game now, but I have one location with that "more to see" note on it, and it's on Ember Twin. Also, I am concerned that it's a bug (which is why I'm asking for help/hints.)

Okay, so I recalled the frozen shuttle from the gravity cannon. I went inside and read the audio recording that is there. When I go back to my ship, it says there's more to find in the frozen shuttle. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what that would be. I've even tried blasting off into space in it (just for kicks), but nothing! Oh, and I read through all the pages of the audio log that's there.

I even found a link on Reddit that had a picture of all the info your computer tells you from the shuttle, and it seems to be all the damn stuff I read in the audio file on there. (About the two aliens that went to explore and never came back.) Help!

There's more to see in the comet, not in the shuttle itself

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
There's more to see in the comet, not in the shuttle itself
Interesting. The more-to-see is on the shuttle, not the comet. And I explored the comet! I found their bodies, I found the recording, etc. Do I have to do those in order? Maybe I have to go back to the comet and see them again? For clarity, I did the interloper before I recalled the shuttle.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. The more-to-see is on the shuttle, not the comet. And I explored the comet! I found their bodies, I found the recording, etc. Do I have to do those in order? Maybe I have to go back to the comet and see them again? For clarity, I did the interloper before I recalled the shuttle.
hm. That's weird. Did you find the recording outside the shuttle in the comet, too?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

There's one in the shuttle, one just outside the shuttle where it was on the comet and the one where the bodies are.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
hm. That's weird. Did you find the recording outside the shuttle in the comet, too?
There's one in the shuttle, one just outside the shuttle where it was on the comet and the one where the bodies are.
Well, damn. I never even saw the shuttle at the comet. Where is it? Is it on the surface somewhere? I am 99% sure I went into every tunnel that didn't have ghost death waiting. (Also, it froze over while I was down there, and I ran out of time, so there's that.)

Also, thanks, for the replies, you guys. This was driving me bonkers.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Well, damn. I never even saw the shuttle at the comet. Where is it? Is it on the surface somewhere? I am 99% sure I went into every tunnel that didn't have ghost death waiting. (Also, it froze over while I was down there, and I ran out of time, so there's that.)

it's in the tail side of the comet where the ice peaks are. There's a snow spot you can land on and it's right there.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

It's at the back in the middle of the icicle spikes.

You might be able to just track it now and go the interloper ASAP to see it.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat this! Amazing game. One of the best surprises in gaming imo.

No character progression, no combat, no gaining abilities or items, no spoken dialogue; yet by the creativity of the story telling and artistry alone, through pure exploration and adventure, I went on an immense and personal journey that will be unique to myself in how the events unfolded.

The game took me places I could only go in gaming and its the reason I play games and couldn't have asked for a better space exploration game.

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
It's a matter of timing you have to start there just as the sand starts to go down, once it's down enough to open the door on the back, you go and hurry and you can get past the cacti before they are uncovered. It's a bit of a maze then you can get to the teleport room using the lift

Thanks.
I had that thought but didn't follow it through because the door is lower than the cacti so I thought they'd already be uncovered. Oh wait, is that not the case? I'll go see now, I thought that door went through to stairs, but I might have just been thinking it was higher because of the higher level you can see from above.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
it's in the tail side of the comet where the ice peaks are. There's a snow spot you can land on and it's right there.
It's at the back in the middle of the icicle spikes.

You might be able to just track it now and go the interloper ASAP to see it.
Thanks again, guys! After my last post, I got the idea to try to mark it on the hud and just ran around and lucked up and saw it. Whew!

All I have left to do in the game now is
go power up the Vessel and fly away. Unfortunately, I don't have the archaeologist achievement, but nothing else in the game tells me it's got more to see, so I'll just have to live with it.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Can someone tell me what to do with
Scrolls? I found one, picked it up, I assumed you could take it back to your ship to save it for next time but seems that's not the point of it, I assume since you can pick it up that it has a use but can't figure it out (this was on Timber Hearth).

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me what to do with
Scrolls? I found one, picked it up, I assumed you could take it back to your ship to save it for next time but seems that's not the point of it, I assume since you can pick it up that it has a use but can't figure it out (this was on Timber Hearth).

Scrolls work on any wall where writing shows up. You can take them out of a wall to put that in.

bic

Oct 28, 2017

I'm also having a lot of problems with this area, specifically the gravity crystals. There are sometimes large gaps between them. How are you supposed to get through the gaps? If I try to jetpack to the next crystal, I just lose the gravity effect, get all disoriented, and fall.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha im achievement hunting and going for the one where you
fly 30,000km away from the sun
and suddenly the entire game and ending made complete sense to me!

I remember the guy on ember twin telling me hes seeing multiple supernovas in the distance in just a few min. As I'm back out im actually seeing a supernova every few seconds!

The eye of the universe project never worked and they settled with a pilgrimage instead. Their equipment stayed on however long after they all died until the end of the universe when all the stars started to die and the natural explosion from the one they tried blowing up started the cycle. A concious observer was just able to see what the eye saw, which was all of the stars dying (in the forest) and then you became the catalyst for life in the new universe when you jump into the formless void.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also having a lot of problems with this area, specifically the gravity crystals. There are sometimes large gaps between them. How are you supposed to get through the gaps? If I try to jetpack to the next crystal, I just lose the gravity effect, get all disoriented, and fall.

I wish I could give you better advice. For the most part, I just walk to a spot where I lose the gravity pull of the nearest crystal, hold my breath, and pray to whoever is listening on the way down while holding down the button for the jetpack. It... sometimes works. Sometimes.

TheCalcutec

IP Director @ Possibility Space
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The first piece of advice is to be patient and thorough. Sometimes the crystals aren't in the most obvious of places. The other thing to consider, especially on Brittle Hollow is:
Brittle Hollow is falling apart, and pathways literally vanish into the black hole as the metors hit it. So, you may want to make a bee line to the place you're trying to get to.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
So just started the game.

Done the tutorial bit, blasted off. Hit the first planet with only minor damage. Left the craft and...died.

Forgot to suit up.

Tried again. Got some serious exploring done. Learned about mysterious signals. Then fell into a black hole. Hit hard against the shell of a weird space thing. Managed to find a way back or so it said. Entered black hole to return and... reset.

Oh. This is going to be a journey.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and the title tune sounds like the theme tune to Last of the Summer Wine.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Woo! I got into the Observatory! I think I'm "finished" with Brittle Hollow for now. (I need to get in the BHF, but I've learned enough to know I need to do other things.) Now I'm on to exploring the water world.

Man, I love this game. :D
How did you do it? I cant, for the life of me, enter. I suposse is there a way to enter " underground" because there is no way to do it in the surface ( I saw various signals about South Observatory but thats all of it)

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
How did you do it? I cant, for the life of me, enter. I suposse is there a way to enter " underground" because there is no way to do it in the surface ( I saw various signals about South Observatory but thats all of it)
I don't know the answer on getting into it exactly, as I'm still attempting to do so (keep getting distracted by other things on Brittle Hollow). But if you get to the south observatory, you should find a clue as to how to get into it another way.

Feb 15, 2018
Oh and the title tune sounds like the theme tune to Last of the Summer Wine.

"Instantly uninstalls"

Tell me there isn't a bit where you have to go down a hill in a bath tub at least?

In all seriousness, i really respect this game, but i didn't have any fun playing it. It just made me very aware of the fact that i cant waste time, and that's not what i want in video games. Its why i stopped Majora's Mask on 3DS a couple of years back. If i had someone to play it with i think i would be fine with it, but solo it just feels like a massive anxiety attack.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hi there,

I am trying to avoid spoilers like the plague, and I love this game, but I'm a bit stuck on several fronts and I need a bit of inspiration/pointing to keep me going.

Would anyone who's completed the game mind giving me some vague hints on certain things? I don't need a detailed step by step guide to complete the game - but just pointers for certain areas:-

I feel like I've explored the game very broadly, I've seen quite a lot on most planets, but I'm struggling to "finish" and/or get everything out of any one planet.

I don't need answers for all of these, but one or more might give me inspiration to keep going. I feel stuck on like 19 fronts at the moment!

Specifically - on brittle planet - how do I get up to the tower of quantum knowledge? do I wait for the chunk to get knocked through the blackhole so I can just float up to it? The gravity-inducing paving is broken and on the floor.

Also on brittle - I've got into the hanging city but can't figure out a way to the "top" level where the black hole forge is..I got through the eye temple part but couldn't see a way up from there

I don't think I've found the southern observatory at all yet!? I find the gravity tubes hard to navigate so I just fly my ship around inside brittle

On the interloper - do I use my probe to work out which tunnel in each section is poisonous? I found a wide one that looked clear but then as you go through it you have a series of left/right decisions to make?

On the "filling up" planet, i can get there quick and got through to the high energy lab. I read all the scrolls, and used black/white holes in the test chamber to send the probe through and see the time delay...but my map says there is more to explore there. Any vague hints?

There are others too, but on all of them, I'm not sure if I should persevere and brute force my way through somehow...or that I've not found a clue somewhere else and so I need to complete one of the other bits first before trying that "bit"

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
"Instantly uninstalls"

Tell me there isn't a bit where you have to go down a hill in a bath tub at least?

In all seriousness, i really respect this game, but i didn't have any fun playing it. It just made me very aware of the fact that i cant waste time, and that's not what i want in video games. Its why i stopped Majora's Mask on 3DS a couple of years back. If i had someone to play it with i think i would be fine with it, but solo it just feels like a massive anxiety attack.
Not sure I agree with your reasoning. Being it's on a 20 minute loop, I see it as having all the time in the world to discover and learn. If I hit the end of the loop, I just travel back and skip pass everything I already learned.

If not for the loop, then yes, the fear of wasting time would be real. 😃

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Hi there,

I am trying to avoid spoilers like the plague, and I love this game, but I'm a bit stuck on several fronts and I need a bit of inspiration/pointing to keep me going.

Would anyone who's completed the game mind giving me some vague hints on certain things? I don't need a detailed step by step guide to complete the game - but just pointers for certain areas:-

I feel like I've explored the game very broadly, I've seen quite a lot on most planets, but I'm struggling to "finish" and/or get everything out of any one planet.

I don't need answers for all of these, but one or more might give me inspiration to keep going. I feel stuck on like 19 fronts at the moment!

Specifically - on brittle planet - how do I get up to the tower of quantum knowledge? do I wait for the chunk to get knocked through the blackhole so I can just float up to it? The gravity-inducing paving is broken and on the floor.

Also on brittle - I've got into the hanging city but can't figure out a way to the "top" level where the black hole forge is..I got through the eye temple part but couldn't see a way up from there

I don't think I've found the southern observatory at all yet!? I find the gravity tubes hard to navigate so I just fly my ship around inside brittle

On the interloper - do I use my probe to work out which tunnel in each section is poisonous? I found a wide one that looked clear but then as you go through it you have a series of left/right decisions to make?

On the "filling up" planet, i can get there quick and got through to the high energy lab. I read all the scrolls, and used black/white holes in the test chamber to send the probe through and see the time delay...but my map says there is more to explore there. Any vague hints?

There are others too, but on all of them, I'm not sure if I should persevere and brute force my way through somehow...or that I've not found a clue somewhere else and so I need to complete one of the other bits first before trying that "bit"

You are on he right track for almost every one, except black hole forge
Which actually requires
going to another planet after the forge is moved

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Maaaaaan, figuring out the
Quantum Moon's 6th location was so satisfying. Seeing the environment change with each orbit was so cool.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
You are on he right track for almost every one, except black hole forge
Which actually requires
going to another planet after the forge is moved
Ok thanks!

I guess that makes sense as I spotted the transmat station on the "roof" of the black hole forge area....now you've got me thinking...the white hole station has two activation slots you can put the power ball in...i've always wondered why there were two..could all be a red herring though. Looks like another 20 minute investment to find out!
Edit - although you said planet - maybe I need to figure out the towers on the ember/ash twin...no idea how those power up!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably near the end of the game from the perspective of "critical path" stuff, I think?

I've found the Probe module at the bottom of Giant's Deep, found the Vessel in Dark Bramble, and established that I need to get an advanced warp core from Ash Twin. I haven't figured out the sequence of events I need to do though. I've been to the BHF as well... I thought I needed to go there to get the warp core but I guess not.

Stuff I still haven't done:

- Quantum Moon
- Tower of Quantum Knowledge
- Sun Station
- Haven't figured out what the 6th warp station on Ash Twin does, the one that has a broken tower.

Basically spent most of the weekend playing.

Without going into too much detail, am I on the right track in terms of completing?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Hint
If you went to the SO on the surface, you should have found a recording down the stairs, at the door that won't open. Your guess to get there underground is correct.
Answer
If you have found the bridge or the Tower of Quantum knowledge underground, you will have seen little sign posts. They tell you the name of the place, a direction, and distance. So you can find one near the Tower that says to go south. They wouldn't have put the signpost there if you couldn't just head in that cardinal direction. Now, if you take a look around, you'll see there aren't a lot of options here. You're going to have to start jumping to those rocks/platforms you can see south of you.
An extra tip about Brittle Hollow:
If you are on the surface, at the gravity canon, go to the base, on the side opposite of the mouth of the canon. (It is leaning to the side a little, not straight up and down, so the side away from the top of the canon. There you can see some crumbled rocks that sort of look like a little landslide happened. On top of those rocks is a backdoor/shortcut into the Sunken City that takes you down to the base of the Tower. That's also where one of the other astronauts from your home hangs out.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I'm probably near the end of the game from the perspective of "critical path" stuff, I think?

I've found the Probe module at the bottom of Giant's Deep, found the Vessel in Dark Bramble, and established that I need to get an advanced warp core from Ash Twin. I haven't figured out the sequence of events I need to do though. I've been to the BHF as well... I thought I needed to go there to get the warp core but I guess not.

Stuff I still haven't done:

- Quantum Moon
- Tower of Quantum Knowledge
- Sun Station
- Haven't figured out what the 6th warp station on Ash Twin does, the one that has a broken tower.

Basically spent most of the weekend playing.

Without going into too much detail, am I on the right track in terms of completing?
Hah, yeah, you are doing great. You did some things that are sort of in a funny order to me, but this game has no linear path.

A little hint and info about the QM, just because I think I would have liked to have known this:
You don't have to do anything, really, before taking the core to the Vessel. So you could totally skip the QM. If you do this, it changes the endgame in a way that I think would be quite a bit less satisfying.

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, yeah, you are doing great. You did some things that are sort of in a funny order to me, but this game has no linear path.

A little hint and info about the QM, just because I think I would have liked to have known this:
You don't have to do anything, really, before taking the core to the Vessel. So you could totally skip the QM. If you do this, it changes the endgame in a way that I think would be quite a bit less satisfying.

mind spoiling me on what happens if you don't go to the QM?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
OH good lord I think I got a joke ending by accident and it scared the shit out of me.

I removed the black hole as the scout exited early through the other hole but hadn't entered the black hole yet, which duplicated the scout. Then suddenly there was loud noises and black bramble spreading everywhere. Suddenly, "You destroyed the fabric of spacetime appeared" and I got credits with Kazoo music and got sent back to the main menu

Lmao I am shoook