• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is performance all over the place for anyone else on PC? On my i7 7400 with a 1070 ti I'm getting random frame drops all over the place at 1080p.

cametall

Oct 27, 2017
Is performance all over the place for anyone else on PC? On my i7 7400 with a 1070 ti I'm getting random frame drops all over the place at 1080p.
I don't know what my fps has been, but I haven't noticed any frame drops and the game runs buttery smooth for me, though shadows will flicker once in awhile (not often).
i5 3570K 1070 at 1080p.

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
Really enjoyed this (there can't be much left now). I've got a couple of question marks on the rumour map.

I don't know how to use the sun tower on ash twin, what with all the cacti.

Is landing there a matter of monitoring its location with a scout and then waiting for it to line up with a gravity cannon? It seems like the timing would be tricky if that's the case. I tried approaching its south in the regular ship, though i'm not sure that was actually the part I was facing before I passed through it.

Edit:
I looked up the answer (haven't done it in-game, yet) and I don't know if I like it because I never felt like I wasn't observing it..... you could say I wasn't observing the outer layer, I guess.

Last edited:

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Really enjoyed this (there can't be much left now). I've got a couple of question marks on the rumour map.

I don't know how to use the sun tower on ash twin, what with all the cacti.

It's a matter of timing you have to start there just as the sand starts to go down, once it's down enough to open the door on the back, you go and hurry and you can get past the cacti before they are uncovered. It's a bit of a maze then you can get to the teleport room using the lift

AzureJet

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like an idiot. Trying to figure out what to do next, and I'm thinking it has to do with the quantum shard in the grove. That poem is cryptic as hell.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Wow, just wow. I love this game. Easily my GOTY right now. From exploring the very different planet with all their challenges, to going inside Dark Bramble and screaming like a little kid as I got chomped, to uncovering the mysteries, to everything else. Just a delight.

Also, regarding the puzzles, I'm pretty bad at puzzle games. I think I just doing think like game devs or something, lol. But in this game, I haven't looked anything up yet. All the info is there for you, although sometimes you can get stuck before you find info you need somewhere else. (And who knows if I would have figured out how to get inside the lab on Brittle Hollow if I hadn't lucked up and been standing on it when [everything happened], haha.)

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
You shouldn't feel that way. Like what you like! I couldn't get past the horrible flight controls. Hour later, I put it in the same trash heap as Return of Obra Dinn.
Too many "art projects" instead of games as it is.
aAVT9IX.jpg

todd77

Oct 27, 2017
Really not sure what to do at the Quantum Grove.

Am I supposed to line up the tree with the poem, the shard, and the geyser rock in a specific way? Even the trees seem to move around. I really can't make sense of any of these and have been struggling with it for almost an hour. Help, anyone?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dark bramble question

is there anyway to know where the vessel is or do I need to blindly explore till i find it? Im bad at navigating and keep hitting branches and fish and just want to get to the vessel lol

TheCalcutec

IP Director @ Possibility Space
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Really not sure what to do at the Quantum Grove.

Am I supposed to line up the tree with the poem, the shard, and the geyser rock in a specific way? Even the trees seem to move around. I really can't make sense of any of these and have been struggling with it for almost an hour. Help, anyone?

Is there actually still a mark on your rumor map that says you're missing something? If not, move on. My memory is shaky but...

I'm pretty sure you've got what you need here: an understanding that quantum objects move when they aren't being observed.

Dark bramble question

is there anyway to know where the vessel is or do I need to blindly explore till i find it? Im bad at navigating and keep hitting branches and fish and just want to get to the vessel lol

Have you found the distress signal in the dark bramble yet? That's the first step.

Step 2 is flinging your probe into the hole that the Nomai couldn't get into, then following THAT signal with your ship.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Yupp this is my GOTY at the moment, loved Sekiro and RE2 but this game is something truly special.

Hadnt really heard anything about it and took a chance when I saw it pop up on Game Pass. Its rare for me to be surprised by a game Ive heard this little about. Exploring this amazing handcrafted solar system has been one of my best gaming experiences in recent years.

Thank you Mobius Digital, I hope this game sells well enough for you to keep making outstanding games.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
sorry to quote myself, but can someone help me out with a little hint here?

Your assumption is correct, you need a working one. Try looking for a place where they may have built a new one.

I have the opposite problem

I have a warp core and coordinates, but can't find the vessel lol

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ok, two things.
i have no idea what this is yet and nothing guided me there, but I saw this white dot way out in space while I was docked on the interloper.

Holy shit is this creepy cosmic horror. It struck something deep inside me to the point where I had trouble sleeping. The way it went all Interstellar when I approached it, with mirrors on mirrors around my field of view.

And then I got out of my ship and slowly approached a red rock, only to have it violently explode in my face. GAHHH. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do here and I'm terrified of when I'll need to go back

But I do have a question about Giants Deep:

At one point toward the end of the cycle, last few minutes, the geometry of the level literally started closing in on me. To the point where it clipped me outside the level where I was.

Was that a bug? Somehow? I was unable to see this happen again on another attempt.

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
Really loving this game. It's beginning to occupy my thoughts at work now too. Not dominantly, but I'll slow down at work and suddenly I'll think "What else do I need to do on Brittle Hollow?"

Oct 25, 2017
sorry for the questions, but i'm kinda stuck on some things

spoilers about the ash twin

i've been looking everywhere (went to the black hole forge and white hole station but i can't find the warp core. Is it in ash twin core? I don't know how to get there either :(

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
sorry for the questions, but i'm kinda stuck on some things

spoilers about the ash twin

i've been looking everywhere (went to the black hole forge and white hole station but i can't find the warp core. Is it in ash twin core? I don't know how to get there either :(

Yup, it's there.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me a hint on how to get into the tower of Quantam Knowledge?

TheCalcutec

IP Director @ Possibility Space
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do i get to the core from Ash Twin or do i need to go to another planet and warp there?

You get to the core of Ash Twin from Ash Twin itself.
There's a sytem of transportation/fast travel built into Ash Twin. If you don't know about that yet, you can find out on another world...
There's a map elsewhere that shows you how the warp towers are tied to different worlds, including to the Hourgless Twins themselves.
The towers are designed to look like the planets they're linked to.
There's a pair of towers tied to Ember and Ash Twin.

The one you want is the one with the broken roof, as the other takes you to Ember Twin (which you can test). But if you just wait in it, you'll be lifted away by the sand. So you need to wait for it to be passing over/leaving, then quickly run in. (I always jetpacked downward while doing so, just in case.)

That's... a lot of hints, I know, but this is DEF one of the big final navigational mysteries/puzzles of the game, and was one of the final ones I solved, so wanted to make sure you could feel it out on your own if you wanted.

Oct 25, 2017
You get to the core of Ash Twin from Ash Twin itself.
There's a sytem of transportation/fast travel built into Ash Twin. If you don't know about that yet, you can find out on another world...
There's a map elsewhere that shows you how the warp towers are tied to different worlds, including to the Hourgless Twins themselves.
The towers are designed to look like the planets they're linked to.
There's a pair of towers tied to Ember and Ash Twin.

The one you want is the one with the broken roof, as the other takes you to Ember Twin (which you can test). But if you just wait in it, you'll be lifted away by the sand. So you need to wait for it to be passing over/leaving, then quickly run in. (I always jetpacked downward while doing so, just in case.)

That's... a lot of hints, I know, but this is DEF one of the big final navigational mysteries/puzzles of the game, and was one of the final ones I solved, so wanted to make sure you could feel it out on your own if you wanted.
Someone told me that it in Ash Twin itself and i solved it from there. Thanks!

So now, i'm absolutely terrified, end game spoilers here, if someone can help me:

i'm at the vessel with the coordinates and oh my fucking god everything is going to end and i input the coordinates and nothing happens?? i put the energy ball back at the other side and a warp hole appeared but i didn't go to the eye. Where did i mess up?

EDIT: FORGET IT I WAS DUMB

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
This game is fantastic, however I just hit a part that's just so frustrating.

The anglerfish in the Dark Bramble are getting on my nerves. I'm trying to find the Vessel but if I do so much as breathe on my control stick they notice me. What the hell?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

The anglerfish in the Dark Bramble are getting on my nerves. I'm trying to find the Vessel but if I do so much as breathe on my control stick they notice me. What the hell?

Make sure to turn your headlights off

Smerdyakov

Nov 13, 2017

If you're close to them, resist the urge to boost above all else. Even if you feel like you're going to hit them if you don't boost. Just drift past until you're a safe distance away.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Some excellent use of spoiler tags in here. Bravo!

Most of the thread is just SPOILER. Very considerate.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that ending.

I think I have nearly 100% of the log filled too. Can someone with the Vessel filled post what all it says? It's the only thing left with a * for me and I'm not sure what it could be.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it. It's amazing. I don't think a game made me feel so many different emotions in a long, long time.

Spoilers about the ending:

Getting to the Eye of the Universe and seeing everything there unfold was absolutely terrifying, mesmerizing, beatiful and also full of hope in some ways. I didn't think i would cry in the same timespan that i was scared and tense as fuck but Outer Wilds is so, so surprising in so many different forms. It's such an incredible, special and unique game. I hope it's as successful as it can be. I'm already a fan of Moebius. I love this game so much.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Damn, that ending.

I think I have nearly 100% of the log filled too. Can someone with the Vessel filled post what all it says? It's the only thing left with a * for me and I'm not sure what it could be.
I'm not at my xbox right now, but if you want to look for it yourself, on the bridge there are two whiteboards(?) with text on them up top. And there's a very easy to miss recording under the floor of the bridge. You can squeeze down there near the front.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
look for the escape pods.

I still cant find it anywhere.

I know its in the dark bramble but everywhere I look leads me to endless loops and the red light goes to something that I have no idea what it is lol I know feldspar said something about duplicate signals but those lead me to the dead ends so should I go wherever I dont get duplicates? And I feel like my scout never actually goes in the hole lol

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I still cant find it anywhere.

I know its in the dark bramble but everywhere I look leads me to endless loops and the red light goes to something that I have no idea what it is lol I know feldspar said something about duplicate signals but those lead me to the dead ends so should I go wherever I dont get duplicates? And I feel like my scout never actually goes in the hole lol
Use your signal finder, follow the distress signal to the escape pod
then follow the lights from pod till you come to a bunch of dead aliens, shoot your probe into the bramble hole and follow the duplicate beacon

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
So I think I just got an alternate ending. Although I have no idea why or what it means.

Here's the background. The sun was about to go super nova and I was near the Quantum Moon so I wanted to see what would happen if I went to the "sixth location" (the eye) while on the moon and see if I would still get wiped out. Instead I got this.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not at my xbox right now, but if you want to look for it yourself, on the bridge there are two whiteboards(?) with text on them up top. And there's a very easy to miss recording under the floor of the bridge. You can squeeze down there near the front.

Cool thanks, I'll try that when I play again later.