• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Out of the Top Gear/The Grand Tour Trio - which one is your favourite?

• Jeremy Clarkson

Votes: 90 14.8%
  • Richard Hammond

Votes: 73 12.0%
  • James May

Votes: 444 73.1%

• Total voters

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
I hate all 3 of them, absolute self-indulgent pieces of shit.
I guess if you look at levels of hate, I probably hate May the least, but they're all shit.

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
James May seems like the nicest 'bloke' of the three... Whilst Hammond and Clarkson are varying levels of tosspot

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England

The least offensive of the three, but still tacitly endorses them and their behaviour, so fuck him. He's made some decisions that have rubbed me the wrong way, too.

vqa50do.jpg

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
A veritable shower of cunts. Genuinely don't understand why Top Gear gets a pass on Era. Bunch of homophobic racists.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
All 3 choices should be May, no one should in good conscience be picking the other two.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
May. For what it's worth, he's said he's pretty liberal. He was a Remain voter and supports Scottish independence. And beyond that he just seems like the coolest of the bunch.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Antagonising Other Members, Prior Infractions for Trolling and Hostility
I hate all 3 of them, absolute self-indulgent pieces of shit.
I guess if you look at levels of hate, I probably hate May the least, but they're all shit.
A veritable shower of cunts. Genuinely don't understand why Top Gear gets a pass on Era. Bunch of homophobic racists.
Was waiting for the political andy's to come out of the woodwork and get mad, not disappointed.

May is my favorite out of the three but I also really enjoy Clarkson, Hammond is definitely the least enjoyable but I still like him.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

The answer is James May.

Came in here just for this.

May is the least worst. I don't think he'd call someone a slur to their face. But he has a history of being a grade A asshole himself.

Was waiting for the political andy's to come out of the woodwork and get mad, not disappointed.

Legitimately curious how posts like this would be accepted in, say, a Cyberpunk thread. 🤔

Especially when the Top Gear guys arent afraid to get political, and one of them physically assaulted their boss only to be rewarded with a new show on Amazon.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh wow, I'm surprised by the love of May here. I like him but he's my least favourite of the three. I got into Top Gear about a year or two before the 'incident' which led us to Grand Tour. I'd always known and heard about Top Gear growing up but I hate cars. I still don't like card but the trios chemistry, antics and the challenges they take on is what makes me watch. There were segments in Top Gear I would skip because they were too 'car heavy' but I haven't done that once with Grand Tour.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
James May at least seems like he's less of an asshole than the other two.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely May, he's the only genuine one of the three, hate Hammond the most even after all of Clarkson's antics. But like someone said a few posts up, it's the chemistry that makes the trio work. That said, I haven't watched Grand Tour for a while so this might all be slightly out of date

Pickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
James May you can only take in small doses. Clarkson could review cars all day and I would not be bored to sleep and know he is enthusiastic about all kinda of cars not just an 80 hp Lada.

This is speaking about his Top Gear and earlier car reviews though. His playing the idiot road trip troll of late is insufferable

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Oh wow, I'm surprised by the love of May here. I like him but he's my least favourite of the three. I got into Top Gear about a year or two before the 'incident' which led us to Grand Tour. I'd always known and heard about Top Gear growing up but I hate cars. I still don't like card but the trios chemistry, antics and the challenges they take on is what makes me watch. There were segments in Top Gear I would skip because they were too 'car heavy' but I haven't done that once with Grand Tour.
I think in some respects the Grand Tour is better then Top Gear though i have had heard a lot of debate on that with pepole being kinda mixed on the Greatest Hunt

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
The 3 of them had great chemistry though, they basically were that "3 Best Friends that give each other crap." to a tee. I feel like that Chemistry is super hard to capture in any TV series/show...so it's great when it happens.

James has some great (and some not) spin-off/standalone shows worth watching.

Indeed, they play really well off each other and that magic just isn't something you can write and cast actors for :D

But i think his solo shows have been considerably weaker due to this.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Indeed, they play really well off each other and that magic just isn't something you can write and cast actors for :D

But i think his solo shows have been considerably weaker due to this.
Yeah, Clarkson may be a twat but he has great chemistry with the other two. It really would not have worked well without all three of them

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Jeremy Clarkson is an abusive, toxic shitstain of humanity, so he's not even in the running. James May is fun, though I haven't really followed what he's like outside of his TV persona.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Captain Slow is the best, glad to see most agree.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I love the James May extended universe but on the show it's a tie between Clarkson and Hammond. Lean more Clarkson because of that three wheeled car episode.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I used to enjoy their lil trio but nowadays they all feel like they belong in the past.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I like May's mostly calm, intelligent but still witty way of presenting. He balances the craziness of the other two. I'll watch anything with him in it, and I have. Even his recent bit on Youtube about owning a pub has been fun.

His wine show was great. I like his other shows on Amazon, his other BBC stuff, particularly Cars of the People, 20th Century, and the one about NASA and the Moon.