• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How is your gaming systems (consoles/PC) connected to the Internet

• Wifi

Votes: 202 24.5%
  • Wired

Votes: 406 49.2%
  • Some wires, some wifi

Votes: 217 26.3%

• Total voters

Shizzlee

Oct 27, 2017
PC and PS4 are always wired. Switch is wired when playing online or wireless when playing single player.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
I used to have everything connected through ethernet, but it's not possible in my new apartment so PC is wired and consoles all use wi-fi.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
PC is direct. Switch and PS4 are WiFi.

Steam Link x2 are also WiFi and work very well. They'd probably be better wired, naturally.

Oct 25, 2017
All my shit is wired. Xbox, PS4, PC, Switch. Though I usually play my Switch in handheld mode, so I'm usually playing on wifi with that. But on the rare occasions it is docked, I have it wired.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Wi-Fi, my ISP setup for their Optic Fiber plans is weird as all hell: they connect the fiber cable to a "decoder" box that gives Wi-Fi to the apartment. As far as I investigated, this is NOT a router, and it doesn't have ethernet ports either.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have everything wired. Main switch by the TV/NAS/media pc setup with the modem/router. Another switch out by my desk for the PC/PS4. Definitely have a long wire running around my apt hidden under stuff but it beats wireless.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Wired on everything.
PC
TV
Receiver/stereo system
Switch
Ps4
X1X

even the Wii U was wired.My kids pc/consoles and tv are also wired. Not really that hard. And not as expensive as some would think. Just need hubs, cables, and time to make it all look clean.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
PC is wired. Switch is over wifi because online on it has been terrible anyway.

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Living Room
PS3, PS4, Switch, NVIDIA Shield ===> CAT6 to Meraki switch ===> Meraki 10Gb uplink via SMF to office Cisco switch

Office
PC ===> CAT6 to Cisco Switch

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
All of my gaming platforms (PS3, PS4, WiiU, Gaming Laptop and Gaming Desktop) are all on Wi-Fi - havent had any issues.

I dont play anything MP oriented so its not a issue for me.

Last edited:

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Third option for me. PC wired 100% of the time, laptop wireless 90% of the time and switch wireless 100%.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Ps4 and PC are in the same room as the router so wired. Xbox is upstairs and running a cable there isn't really practical so Wifi. Switch is Wifi.

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
Everything is wired - ps4, ps3, pstv, xb1, switch and pc. I even have an adaptor for my tablet and laptop to set up a wired connection (mostly for remote play).

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Everything except my Switch is wired.

Even my PS2 is still hooked up via ethernet.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Both my SO's PC and my PC are wired, the PS4 is wired as well, the Switch however is on wifi.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Back when I played MP on consoles everything was wired. Now it is wired on PC only because I'm too lazy to deal with with my TV panel and more cables at my relatively new place.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
PC is weird and all my consoles are on Wi-Fi.
If I played multiplayer enough I would probably buy a long ethernet cable and run is across my place.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
PC, upstairs, is connected via WiFi because I don't use it that much for gaming. Xbox is hard wired. PS4 is WiFi. Xbox is main console so that's why it's hardwired. My internet (100mbps) is good enough to where I'm not missing out that much when I'm on WiFi

Visuwell

Jan 22, 2019
PC which I used to play games via shadow streaming is wired (with my laptop when using shadow as well) and PS4 PRO is wireless. Consequently enough, PS wired is much slower than wireless. Tried fixing it numerous ways but gave up.