• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is the best looking next gen game in terms of gameplay shown so far?

• Ratchet & Clank

Votes: 291 29.1%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Black Myth

Votes: 29 2.9%
  • Demon's Souls

Votes: 547 54.8%
  • None of them

Votes: 107 10.7%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Only reason to preorder a PS5 to be honest. I know mine will be collecting dust for a while after I'm done with demons souls.

Oct 30, 2017
Demon's Souls absurdly looks like the most next gen title for sure.. followed up VERY CLOSELY by Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Ratchet and Clank looks better in motion compared to Demon's Souls, which has some stiff animations.

Jan 10, 2018
It's one a of few games we've really seen true gameplay from. I expect this question will be harder to answer when everyone has such a demo to present.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Bloodborne 2 by From Soft with Bluepoint collaborating on the technical side... I would fucking love that.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Returnal looks crazy in scale and effects, but we've haven't seen much

Returnal.gif
I feel like this game is really under the radar and I hope sony showcases it properly.

It looks a little rougher than AAA games of course, but there are some really astonishing scenes like this.

As for Souls, I think it looks great, but I feel the animations feel like they stick out.

The character has no reaction to getting hit. There's no weight to it. He slices enemies and they dont seem to react like I feel like they should.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
It was the highlight of the showcase for me despite probably being a bigger FF fan than I am a Souls fan.

Couldn't believe what I was looking at. It looked great even during that shitty low quality stream.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's soul looks incredible.

I would add MM, it's cross-gen, looks next gen to me. I'm more worried about the speed of traversal.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Black Myth, Horizon 2, and Ratchet are all more impressive than DeS. DeS still looks amazing.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Look, DeS look great, and probably will play the same as PS3 , and its were i am worried. I except new stuff in it, not just a 1 for 1 conversion with better visual. Iv played the game already. So for this reason im giving my vote to Ratchet, it look very great !

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Can't choose between Demon Soul and Ratchet because they're such a different style, I'm inclined to choose Ratchet but it's more personal artistic tastes than a recognition of technological prowess.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
R&C looks more beautiful in my opinion but when you consider Demon's Souls gameplay was 60fps, it becomes more impressive. Showing those amazing graphics in 60fps isn't easy.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Can you believe we are getting a Demon's Souls remake in 2020??? It still sounds crazy to me.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Demon Souls absolutely stunning. This along with Black myth Wukong are the only games that make me feel like truly next gen visuals. It is nuts that Demon Souls looks so good at 60fps. The lighting is drop dead gorgeous and that instant 0.8 second load is ridiculous. Does anybody else think this is the most beautiful next gen game so far? My most anticipated launch title

Demon's Souls and what we have seen from Ratchet & Clank do.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you kidding me? Those animations were hella stiff. Wukong has better animations, and although Ratchet and Clank isn't my jam, I'd put those two far above the Demons' Souls remaster.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Ratchet and Demon's Souls are neck and neck for me. Hard to compare them since they are doing very different things, but I'm so tempted to get Demon's Souls despite me throwing down every Soulsborne I've tried within hours...but it just looks so fucking good!

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
I dont even like the Souls games and i wanted to buy it LOL.

Its the one game that actually looks "next gen" for launch of these consoles.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Demon's Souls' gameplay yesterday was this gen's Killzone Shadowfall moment for me. It looks RIDICULOUS.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Demons Souls and Ratchet and Clank right after it.

*edit: Flight Simulator is spectacular too

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I think Demon souls is impressive in a sense of knowing what it looked like before to remaking everything and re-imaging everything.

In the end i'll choose Ratchet and clank though. Just the sheer amount of things that's happening on the screen at once is impressive.

Edit:
Also flight simulator really feels like a true next gen tech wise.

Oct 28, 2017
I wanna see a game play shot of the game running in eye candy mode 4K@24FPS for those of us puritans that want to experience the game like we played it the first time

But seriously, I hope it has a 4K@30FPS mode with all bells and whistles up the wazzu