• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is the best looking next gen game in terms of gameplay shown so far?

• Ratchet & Clank

Votes: 291 29.1%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Black Myth

Votes: 29 2.9%
  • Demon's Souls

Votes: 547 54.8%
  • None of them

Votes: 107 10.7%

• Total voters

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Demon Souls absolutely stunning. This along with Black myth Wukong are the only games that make me feel like truly next gen visuals. It is nuts that Demon Souls looks so good at 60fps. The lighting is drop dead gorgeous and that instant 0.8 second load is ridiculous. Does anybody else think this is the most beautiful next gen game so far? My most anticipated launch title

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all my griping about the artstyle changes it definitely looks technically impressive, for sure.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It was interesting that it was running at 60fps considering there's a performance and quality mode.

Considering how good this looked at 60, I wonder how much better it would look at 30 (if raytracing is enhanced etc)

The cynic in me says that this was actually running on a PC, despite Sony's claims

Also curious to see how Horizon looks on PS4, Spiderman looked great on PS5

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Returnal looks crazy in scale and effects, but we've haven't seen much

Returnal.gif

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay wise I think its Ratchet. The amount of shifting between environments is only possible because of SSD. The amount of particles, materials, and picture quality in Ratchet is also really amazing

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
For sure.

Ratchet was very impressive when I downloaded the 4K trailer from YT, but this shit looked crazy good even on stream lol

I think they really nailed the lighting.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
This + Ratchet and Clank for me.

And if gameplay of Horizon or Hellblade lives up to their trailers, them too.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls remake is literally the only reason I'm trying to preorder a PS5. I feat I had 0 desire to do before yesterday.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It looks bananas. It's the amount of detail in every frame that's blowing my mind. It looks so dense.

It truly looks next gen. Huge achivement.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I agree. At least from yesterday's conference, this was the most impressive visually. I was really surprised that this was the case.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank have been the most impressive so far for me as well.

Oct 30, 2017
I knew Demon Souls was kinda going to steal the show.

A true PS5 exclusive from a developer known for doing great graphics work.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
with how disappointing miles Morales looked, its the only reason I am getting a ps5 at launch.

it looked absolutely incredible (especially after replaying demon souls this year).

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
It's definitely an upgrade, but I don't think that looks all that amazing, either, honestly.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls remake is literally the only reason I'm trying to preorder a PS5. I feat I had 0 desire to do before yesterday.

Same. Mile Morales looked good, but a Lost Legacy sized game wasn't enough to entice me. Demon's Souls looks amazing and is one of the Souls games I've never gotten a chance to play.

(Then add in MM, and the Avengers upgrade, and the PS5 makes more sense to pull the trigger on now)

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I think I was most wowed by Miles Morales to be honest, but that likely would've been from the colours and particular effects. Demons Souls was so impressive but a couple stiff animations took me out of the moment.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
Demon's Souls is tied with Ratchet & Clank for me. The animation, the amount of things going on at once, and the warping really kicked R&C up a notch I wasn't expecting.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Purely on graphics, so far it would be Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank. Both these look like proper generational leaps to me. DS has fantastic lighting and geometric detail, while Ratchet and Clank has amazing effects, great geometry, awesome depth of field and motion blur.

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
The graphics are great but I the art lost a lot of identity, and the animations are weird as fuck, the way the shield floats from his back to his hand... ugh
Gives me Shadow Of The Colossus Remake vibes: it lost more then it gained from being a remake

Nov 21, 2017
As a long-time fan of the Souls -series ( who has somehow missed the original Demon's Souls ), it made me pre-order a PS5. Yep. I was going to go the PC-route, but now I can't wait to get my hands on the damn console. Upgrading my PC will have to wait a few years now.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Ratchet and Demons both look the most next gen to me. The thing that blew me away with Ratchet were all of the NPCs running around in the middle of combat, and the part during the rift hopping when Ratchet is on the pirate ship. Demon's Souls just looks insane altogether. The lighting is bonkers.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It looks the way From probably wishes all the games could look, especially from a lighting standpoint. It looks stunning. There's just something special about Demon's Souls. Despite it not being interconnected, it still has my favorite world.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to choose between Demon's and Ratchet. Need to watch yesterday's trailer a few more times before deciding.