• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Great end to the season.
Blackbeard dealing with his pain by turning back into a right old bastard
really made my heart sink a bit there.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Wow that ending did not play out how I expected. If they really stick with
Lucius being dead
then I don't know how they'd ever
redeem Blackbeard.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Great series overall, maybe a episode or two too long, but im looking forward to seeing more

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that ending did not play out how I expected. If they really stick with
Lucius being dead
then I don't know how they'd ever
redeem Blackbeard.
I'd bet he got back aboard and is hiding in the ship's hidden passageways that Stede mentioned in an earlier episode.

Oct 27, 2017
So, how long in does in does it take until it becomes a gay love story with a lot of heart. Because it more or less opens exactly how you'd expect. Which is fine but I understand it becomes something different.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
So, how long in does in does it take until it becomes a gay love story with a lot of heart. Because it more or less opens exactly how you'd expect. Which is fine but I understand it becomes something different.
There's elements throughout the entire season but it never really goes fully into that dynamic between Stede and Blackbeard until the penultimate episode and then the final episode kind of firmly resets that dynamic.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Binged this tonight. Fantastic show.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I watched the first four episodes one night, and the back six last night, and I did not expect that to be the actual premise of the show. Incredibly well done, and that finale....whew

The piano landing on Stede's "corpse" was the hardest I've laughed at anything in a long time

Last edited:

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved every episode of this. I actually continued exercising longer yesterday to finish the last few episodes. I can't wait to see where this goes. Sad there is isn't a bigger response to this topic. I was confused seeing some folks down on the show in some of the tv/streaming threads. As it stands right now, this is up there with some of my all time favorite shows.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about halfway through and have loved just about everything. Fun characters, super clever, smart writing with good timing and performances all around.

Some of the impressions on the 1st page are just baffling. Nothing funny at all????? The stage look is bothersome????? This show is too good for y'all.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why but the writing never really landed with me. It's a bummer cause I love the premise, and some scenes were fun. Honestly I'd still probably give a follow up season a try. And regardless, I'm glad it's working for other people.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i really liked it, but i really don't like that end

to me it just looks like undoing all the progress the two characters made just to milk a season 2

Oct 25, 2017
it starts more charming than it was hilarious, but i think they really found something interesting by the back half of the season. i hope this found an audience, because it seems like barely anyone is talking about it here.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
i really liked it, but i really don't like that end

to me it just looks like undoing all the progress the two characters made just to milk a season 2
Felt like Blackbeard had made a lot of progress as a person but Stede, and the main conflict here is fueled by them being at different places in their development that doesn't quite match up.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I was smiling from ear to ear when one of the episodes ended with The Chain playing. God, what a great song.

Nell

Oct 27, 2017
The second half of the show was better but overall didn't find it very funny. My friends on twitter really like the show though so for their sake I hope this gets a second season.

Mar 11, 2020
Sorry for the bump but damn i just watched the full season on a whim and holy shit that was not what i was expecting. How are more people not talking about this show?

Goddamn that was great and actually made me tear up.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting around to watching this. I'm on episode 3 and this is perfection. Nails the sense of humor and Rhys is one of those actors where nearly every like he delivers is perfection for me due to his inflection and mannerisms-like Matt Berry. Love this!!