• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
And there's the Psychedelica Plat
I loved the characters, though a couple of their ending routes were :/
Overall the characters were fab and the ART was gorgeous throughout. Plot was alright, feels were there, more so than I was expecting. I choked up a bit during the finale for one character in particular.
Not a top tier game for me, but definitely enjoyable and worth checking out. I'm super looking forward to Ashen Hawk now!

Ah that's a shame, you got me super hyped for it back in 2016! Still looking forward to it though.

Oddly, Ashen Hawk doesn't appeal to me anywhere near as much.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say that Yamato and Monshiro are cinnamon rolls and that they need to be protected.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ah that's a shame, you got me super hyped for it back in 2016! Still looking forward to it though.
You sure that was me? I don't think it was even on my radar until Aksys announced it for localization. :)

Yees. Think the ending I liked best was Yamato's good ending. And Monshiro is just precious.

The other three need therapy in comparison.
Yeah, their routes didn't do much for me at all. Only reason I liked Hikage's was since it expanded on a ~certain~ other character who I also really liked.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
You sure that was me? I don't think it was even on my radar until Aksys announced it for localization. :)

Sorry... I thought I was quoting Saphi. Whoops :(

Yees. Think the ending I liked best was Yamato's good ending. And Monshiro is just precious.

The other three need therapy in comparison.

Speaking of, how did you enjoy it overall?

In other news, just read a few reviews of Yuukyuu no Tierblade... definitely hope Aksys grab that one if they're doing a final wave of Vita games.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry... I thought I was quoting Saphi. Whoops :(

Speaking of, how did you enjoy it overall?

In other news, just read a few reviews of Yuukyuu no Tierblade... definitely hope Aksys grab that one if they're doing a final wave of Vita games.

I liked it, but was disappointed with the lower budget the game had. The game definitely could have benefitted from being longer. They did an admirable job with the flowchart and the budget they had, but some characters, like Hikage, could've had more of an impact if their story was meatier.

Some... developments were way too sudden. On the other hand, the characters weren't just trope-y - there's more to them than that and the actual story is really bittersweet.

I like how you get the true ending first, and then all the other endings. It's usually the other way around. Plus, not all characters have happy endings.

I do wish we'd get Tierblade though! Otome + mecha = perfection. But, at this point as long as we get more vita otome games which are good it'd be a plus.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I liked it, but was disappointed with the lower budget the game had. The game definitely could have benefitted from being longer. They did an admirable job with the flowchart and the budget they had, but some characters, like Hikage, could've had more of an impact if their story was meatier.

Some... developments were way too sudden. On the other hand, the characters weren't just trope-y - there's more to them than that and the actual story is really bittersweet.

I like how you get the true ending first, and then all the other endings. It's usually the other way around. Plus, not all characters have happy endings.

I do wish we'd get Tierblade though! Otome + mecha = perfection. But, at this point as long as we get more vita otome games which are good it'd be a plus.

Yeah, I figured this wasn't one of otomate's higher-budgeted games, shame. Still sounds like I'd enjoy it though!

Speaking of, what was their big marquee title for 2017? They had Code Realize in 2014, Reine Des Fleurs in 2015, Collar x Malice in 2016 but I can't remember what they had last year.

Glad I'm not the only one crossing my fingers for Tierblade!

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I figured this wasn't one of otomate's higher-budgeted games, shame. Still sounds like I'd enjoy it though!

Speaking of, what was their big marquee title for 2017? They had Code Realize in 2014, Reine Des Fleurs in 2015, Collar x Malice in 2016 but I can't remember what they had last year.

Glad I'm not the only one crossing my fingers for Tierblade!

Not sure to be honest. Aside from ports and FDs, they didn't have much in 2017.

https://vndb.org/v19716 Maybe?

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Just got the 7scarlet plat and I'm missing a cg? Any help? Its the last spot on the general cg page, next to the opening video. Also, is there a doctor to cure my best boy induced depression?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't finished Psychedelica but Yamato was best boy by like a mile

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the 7scarlet plat and I'm missing a cg? Any help? Its the last spot on the general cg page, next to the opening video. Also, is there a doctor to cure my best boy induced depression?

You're not missing a CG. It's the second opening video. Think I got it when starting my second route from the beginning.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
SSY was announced a month or two back. KnH isn't an otome game though.

I always wanted to play SSY - wonder if MG could grab it and localize it.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Zettai Kaikyuu Gakuen is getting a ps4 port.

kaikyu_01_cs1w1_400x.jpg

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Finished Black Butterfly the other day. It was a different experience than other otome games narrative wise and with the flow chart and side stories, but definitely a good different.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Where are these all coming from? It's like the magician trick with the endless scarf from the hat.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017

Legit surprised they're bringing it to Vita as well.

Digital only, but if it works maybe we can get more digital only otome from Aksys/IFI.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, huh, really didn't expect Vita.

Digital only is unfortunate but it's better than nothing.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Glad it is getting a Vita version! I will take download versions of Otomate titles if need-be.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! As time passed I was like "well that's another teaser image that's not going to amount to anything", so happy they're finally bringing it over.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
We can do a quick campaign towards XSEED and LRG to get it physical. One more week until the Vita contract cutoff (...just in case they haven't already).

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Better than nothing. Thought the whole game was canned at this point.

Edit: Uh... the MC looks really young though lol.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's just the eternal optimist in me, but I don't see why Aksys couldn't do a couple more physicals if they're doing anymore Otomate games. The cutoff is end of March next year and I'd assume they've already started negotiating their next titles (if they're doing them). Plus, the physicals seem to be doing well enough for them.

I'd take digital-only if that's the only choice, of course (although otome games tend to have huge file sizes which is a bummer).

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just the eternal optimist in me, but I don't see why Aksys couldn't do a couple more physicals if they're doing anymore Otomate games. The cutoff is end of March next year and I'd assume they've already started negotiating their next titles (if they're doing them). Plus, the physicals seem to be doing well enough for them.

I'd take digital-only if that's the only choice, of course (although otome games tend to have huge file sizes which is a bummer).

Or they could go all-in on PS4 and Switch releases.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So with the last of the otome trio coming out tomorrow, do we have any finer details for emailing the receipts? I know they start accepting them July 1, but when? Midnight? It's not even during business hours, so I guess they just go by time stamps. I'm assuming PST midnight since they are a west coast company?

Just don't want to miss my chance, if EST people start emailing their receipts at 9PM :x

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So with the last of the otome trio coming out tomorrow, do we have any finer details for emailing the receipts? I know they start accepting them July 1, but when? Midnight? It's not even during business hours, so I guess they just go by time stamps. I'm assuming PST midnight since they are a west coast company?

Just don't want to miss my chance, if EST people start emailing their receipts at 9PM :x
It is really weird because the Ashen Hawk email states that they will start shipping the pins on July 1st, which as mentioned, is Sunday.