• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
After Vita, what will your guys' main system be? I think I'll still be sticking to PS4 > Switxh if both have a version. I'm just too hooked on Playstation's brand (and slightly better graphics). Then again, unless it was Vita exclusive, PS4 > Vita for me.
For Otome/VN releases? Probably remote play to Vita. I'm too invested in the trophy system. I always get multiplats on PS4 because of it.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
If there are PS4 and Switch releases, probably just the PS4 version unless they get different limited editions or something.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After Vita, what will your guys' main system be? I think I'll still be sticking to PS4 > Switxh if both have a version. I'm just too hooked on Playstation's brand (and slightly better graphics). Then again, unless it was Vita exclusive, PS4 > Vita for me.

Switch with a 3DS or PS4 game thrown in every now and then.

I try not to play JRPGs or VNs on PS4 if there's a portable option available. Thankfully the Switch is saving me from an all VN on PS4 future.

Edit: Oh we're talking about just otome? Then Switch for sure.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

It'll probably be PC (already play a few games there, hope to get a tablet sometime), Switch, and PS4 depending on what kind of releases they get.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
As soon as Switch and PS4 otome titles are announced for the West, I'll make a new poll for that.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I want trophies but I might go Switch just due to being able to have a handheld for playing in bed + commuting. There is remote play for PS4, and since I'm terrible at actually playing things during my ~20ish minute commute (I'd be done Future Blessings by now...) instead of messing with my phone anyway it's not like I'd lose out on much by being tied up at home anyway, so that's an option, but it's not ideal.

I just hope we get a couple more things out on Vita somehow. I guess anything I distinctly want will be ported eventually so it has a chance but... ugh, I really hate this.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I want trophies but I might go Switch just due to being able to have a handheld for playing in bed + commuting. There is remote play for PS4, and since I'm terrible at actually playing things during my ~20ish minute commute (I'd be done Future Blessings by now...) instead of messing with my phone anyway it's not like I'd lose out on much by being tied up at home anyway, so that's an option, but it's not ideal.

I just hope we get a couple more things out on Vita somehow. I guess anything I distinctly want will be ported eventually so it has a chance but... ugh, I really hate this.

I hold out irrational hope that Aksys have signed a couple more otome and can get them sorted before March next year (it's doable!)

Having said that, I don't know which Otomate games we're missing that I'd like - they've kinda already grabbed all the bigger/thriller titles.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Having trouble getting endings 10 and 11 in Psychedlica.
I think these are Yamato and Karasuba's good endings, between Return and Door to Summer on the trophy list it looks like.

Tried using this guide:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/16/psychedelica-of-the-black-butterfly-endings-guide/
But even starting from the first point where you go hunting with a guy and FFing through while making all the listed choices (instead of skipping around with the flowchart), I still end up at "Best Ending." I've gotten every other ending but these two just will not unlock.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Having trouble getting endings 10 and 11 in Psychedlica.
I think these are Yamato and Karasuba's good endings, between Return and Door to Summer on the trophy list it looks like.

Tried using this guide:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/16/psychedelica-of-the-black-butterfly-endings-guide/
But even starting from the first point where you go hunting with a guy and FFing through while making all the listed choices (instead of skipping around with the flowchart), I still end up at "Best Ending." I've gotten every other ending but these two just will not unlock.

I had the exact issue, but only with Karasuba's good ending. Had to play through his route three times. I followed the GameFaqs guide, but it seems to be the same as the one you linked. What finally unlocked it for me was following the guide from the first choice and not using the flowchart. Also, make sure you've seen all of the side-stories.

Had no issues with Yamato's good ending after that. Not sure if it matters, but I skipped the butterfly hunting mini-games too.

Edit: Both their endings unlock after the epilogue, I believe.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I had the exact issue, but only with Karasuba's good ending. Had to play through his route three times. I followed the GameFaqs guide, but it seems to be the same as the one you linked. What finally unlocked it for me was following the guide from the first choice and not using the flowchart. Also, make sure you've seen all of the side-stories.

Had no issues with Yamato's good ending after that. Not sure if it matters, but I skipped the butterfly hunting mini-games too.

Edit: Both their endings unlock after the epilogue, I believe.

No idea if it's the magic of complaining on the internet, but I did it again and got them. Strange.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
For a company that released three otome titles during the beginning of the year, D3 Publisher is pretty quiet regarding more otome for the Switch.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Bazaar also only stocked the USA version of Psychedelica. I guess we're done with EU releases.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone even picking this up? I'm a bit busy with other stuff lately so I'm passing on it at the moment.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying them all but I'll be playing them at like a 2 month delay (at best...) at this rate, unfortunately. I can start Psychedelica soon, but I'm still playing way too many games at once due to still being bad currently at actually playing things + taking on more games without finishing others due to splitting my limited time up more as a result, hah. So I might wait another week or two before starting so I can deal with that first and dedicate more time to it. I just hope it's good; I'm sorta blindly buying these and haven't heard much about it compared to the positive stuff I'd at least heard about Psychedelica...

Also, along those lines: I finished Future Blessings and loved it overall, and was very pleased by how it handled the relationships in the White Rose routes. I'm happy I replicated my original route order because finishing on Lupin's was a great way to end it. If anything I just think maybe I should have played Sholmes' before Finis', hmm.

EDIT: ...and in looking for a review of 7'scarlet I think I may have seen a spoiler for Psychedelica, ugh. But it could easily be a basic premise thing I just don't know yet, or badly worded due to other games being mentioned to, hmm.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: ...and in looking for a review of 7'scarlet I think I may have seen a spoiler for Psychedelica, ugh. But it could easily be a basic premise thing I just don't know yet, or badly worded due to other games being mentioned to, hmm.
If you post it in tags I'm sure somebody can tell you if it's a major spoiler or not!
Or if you'd rather not think about it in the hopes you'll forget that's cool too. :)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
If you post it in tags I'm sure somebody can tell you if it's a major spoiler or not!
Or if you'd rather not think about it in the hopes you'll forget that's cool too. :)

Unfortunately I rarely forget things if I want to, unless years pass and I'm very very lucky. The only recent time I can think of is that it thankfully happened with watching Twin Peaks last year despite me realizing later that I'd read a lot about it years before, though I did remember some big things as it went on.

So I guessss I'd like to know, sure. The problem I have with spoilers is that I tend to fixate on them and want them to happen already so I can play the game without that fixation, where I wonder if they're actually accurate, or if I misunderstood and this current thing is what the spoiler was, or if I was wrong and what's happening after that fits the spoiler, etc. and that's all very distracting from enjoying the game as intended! It's annoying and I've gotten better about it but sometimes brains are just bad. So knowing if it's true, or at least lightly confirming one way or another, would at least eliminate some of that needless worrying, hah.

The characters being dead and wanting to come back to life. Though the reviewer also mentions BAW in the next sentence, so I'm not sure if it's just weirdly worded or not.

I imagine it's either not big or a big thing but you'd reasonably suspect it before it's revealed, but still. Just a very weird thing to drop about a game released a month before at the start of a review for another game, honestly.

It just makes me remember seeing something that was supposedly a big spoiler for CR and it ended up being vaguely off and also not really all that surprising in context, hmm.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I rarely forget things if I want to, unless years pass and I'm very very lucky. The only recent time I can think of is that it thankfully happened with watching Twin Peaks last year despite me realizing later that I'd read a lot about it years before, though I did remember some big things as it went on.

So I guessss I'd like to know, sure. The problem I have with spoilers is that I tend to fixate on them and want them to happen already so I can play the game without that fixation, where I wonder if they're actually accurate, or if I misunderstood and this current thing is what the spoiler was, or if I was wrong and what's happening after that fits the spoiler, etc. and that's all very distracting from enjoying the game as intended! It's annoying and I've gotten better about it but sometimes brains are just bad. So knowing if it's true, or at least lightly confirming one way or another, would at least eliminate some of that needless worrying, hah.

The characters being dead and wanting to come back to life. Though the reviewer also mentions BAW in the next sentence, so I'm not sure if it's just weirdly worded or not.

I imagine it's either not big or a big thing but you'd reasonably suspect it before it's revealed, but still. Just a very weird thing to drop about a game released a month before at the start of a review for another game, honestly.

It just makes me remember seeing something that was supposedly a big spoiler for CR and it ended up being vaguely off and also not really all that surprising in context, hmm.

That's not much of a spoiler. That's all I can say without further spoiling things :P.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed with Saphirax, that's a really minor thing. I know how bad spoilers and unexpected comments about series Y when you're just looking up stuff from series X.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Still making progress through Collar x Malice here! Pretty overwhelmed with otome lately (got Period Cube recently too).

And I still want more. Really hoping Aksys announce a last batch of Vita stuff at AX.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a few weeks since Otomate announced they'd be moving to Switch. Today they've announced WoF R2 FD...for Vita.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, according to the tracking info 7scarlet was delivered yesterday. The one time USPS actually delivers something early is the one time I wasn't looking at the tracking every 15 minutes.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I am like sole Period Cube defender I love my idiot awkward raid leader angel Sakurai boyfriend :<

I literally have not finished any routes in Psychadelica yet but I'm chomping to go out and buy Scarlet7 because the art looks amazing! I keep buying games and playing Granblue Fantasy instead....

Edit: Also after seeing the new outfits for everyone in the Collar x Malice FD I really hope we get that one!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well Astrum's route was probably the one I enjoyed the most out of all of them... but mainly because it was the first one I did and his RL personality is hilarious.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Psychedelica's Common Route with the "Best End"
I'm slightly underwhelmed. It was good but after the excitement of the middle-late chapters the end was kinda bland.
Hopefully exploring the other half of the side stories and all the other endings will help flesh stuff out. I mean, I'm sure it will.
I only got one bad end on my patch so I have a lot to take in still.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
And there's the Psychedelica Plat
I loved the characters, though a couple of their ending routes were :/
Overall the characters were fab and the ART was gorgeous throughout. Plot was alright, feels were there, more so than I was expecting. I choked up a bit during the finale for one character in particular.
Not a top tier game for me, but definitely enjoyable and worth checking out. I'm super looking forward to Ashen Hawk now!