• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
But... Aksys aren't really doing those things? I mean, the LE's sure, but they're putting out LRG amounts of them which screams "we want to do this but can't justify much more than that" to me. Besides, old Steam ports is like 90% of XSEED's business these days - the last passion project I can remember them picking up was Xanadu Next.

If you're going to show your VN at an event though, why not make it the event where a load of other VN's are :P

I'm not quite sure what we're discussing at this point. I didn't mean passion project to be an offensive thing, if that's what's bothered you. I just feel like there's a team of cheerleaders within Aksys that keep bringing us these otome games (one moved over to IFI coincidentally and took Hakuoki with her) but because they're not the main focus of their localization output, they don't always get the level of QA they deserve.

If you're saying very few VN's get the level of QA they deserve because their sales target is always going to be a few thousand copies then... I don't disagree.

Oh, no, I'm not bothered, haha. I know Aksys isn't organizing events and such, but even giving us LEs and some goodies is an improvement over us just getting the games (like we did with CR, Norn9 etc). CR's fandisc even had two well regarded translators. Aksys obviously can't offer as much as IFI since they're a smaller company.

Based on what we know, I wouldn't say Aksys has a team of cheerleaders when it comes to otome games. Aside from the person who went to work for IFI, they don't really play their otome releases :P. It's slim pickings for them and they found a base with the otome crowd. They even said otome sells well for them.

I do hope they'll give us more otome games at AX!

QA continues to be an issue when it comes to VNs and consoles :(.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Can anyone tell me what this cool looking thing is that Broccoli (UtaPri) posted on YouTube this week?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks!

One of the guys is voiced by the guy that is Camus in UtaPri, aaaaahhhh!!!

Plot sounds whack, but I like the setting. You get Butlers waiters AND badass dudes with guns. That's practically two for the price of one.

Well, I guess I can google the CGs at least when it's out. u_u

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They're releasing another game on Vita in 2018 - so there's hope!

To my understanding, Vita viability is not the issue as much as only the PSP version of the game being published by Marvelous and not the Vita version.

So the assumption is that they might just be porting that.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently going through Code: Realize - Future Blessings and, well... it's kind of underwhelming? I'm aware this is pretty much just a fan disc and maybe the side stories are more substantial and/or interesting than the two White Rose routes I've played so far (Saint-Germain and Impy), but so far I'm pretty disappointed. Especially since Code: Realize is my favourite otome of all the translatedt ones for Vita.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
...Kind of feel like getting The Bell Chimes for Gold. Not really a fan of the art style (protag aside), but I think it'll be short enough that I can finish it before Black Butterfly.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly comes out next week! Who else is excited for the first Psychedelica title?

81Iz4ANsq7L._AC_SL1477_.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-ordering all 3, not sure when I'll play them :x Just trying to get that limited pin set... any more news on how to get it?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I heard the first was better iirc

Dunno what to expect so I guess I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
*raises hand*

I've been advocating this one for years, so it's a definite buy for me (presuming I can get it from Bazaar Bazaar)

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing Aksys lack of communication, I think they'll just drop the details any day now without any warning.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I think 7'scarlet is the one I'm most excited for, but I've heard good things about the Psychedelica games so I have those preordered as well. Not going to be able to get to Black Butterfly until after I get back from visiting my mom, though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully Aksys clarifies if Best Buy/Amazon membership subscribers are eligible because people have asked due to their clause about paying full price to qualify for the pins.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited, but I've barely made a dent in Future Blessings still (or Chaos;Child, in terms of VNs in general). Hoping to get further into that by the time Psychedelica's out so I can start it soon after, at least, since May's gonna be busy for VNs and I don't want it to be lost in the shuffle.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Finished The Bell Chimes For Gold (paid off all the guys' debts, there still a last dungeon I haven't beaten but none of them have had anything story-relevant so far) at 10~ hours. Overall I'm leaning toward liking it, but I'd give the caveat that it's very different from most otoge I've played. The romantic bits are pretty short and swift. The game follows a progression of going into dungeons and crafting items to sell until you have enough money to pay off the next level of debt, and every second payment you get a scene with the guy about your developing relationship, and from the 3rd or so event onward it's always ended with an H scene (if you have the denpasoft version, no idea how they handle it for steam). As far as I know there isn't really any interaction with them outside those scenes (you can talk to them around time and they say different stuff every once in a while), but they still did a decent job of fleshing out their characters and having them deal with their faults and pasts as they interact with Maria.

But boy, there was some whiplash. I did William first, who had a lot of really sweet, vanilla scenes and then went for Walter, who has scenes with kinks that might be rough for a lot of people (or a boon, if you like it freaky). The rest of the guys lean more toward William, imo.
I guess it's a good thing I'm not all that fond of the art for the guys (and that Maria is so cute) because most of the CGs focus on her.

It was a fun diversion but I am more than ready for some more fleshed out romance and stories, c'mon Aksys.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Collar x Malice appears to be the first Vita otome to be sold out at most stores.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Ohh, this loks nice! I'm happy to see there's news on the sequel to House of Fata Morgana too!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the Future Blessings thread is sorta dead and I don't want to double post there, so: I finally finished Lupin's Gang last night and found it pretty enjoyable. It was all fluff, but it was nice to have a story closer to the common route chapters with the entire, uh, gang together before going into the more focused routes. And the new characters were pretty enjoyable additions as well.

There was something extremely minor that felt really weird to me at the very end of it though, which was
Cardia calling Shirley a friend of "the same age and gender" to herself because uhhhhhh going by when her mother died Shirley's like 13 or 14, what, why would you write it like that when Cardia's dating adult men???

I mean, obviously Cardia's literally a couple years old and not a human, so it's not like they're suddenly revealing she's a young teenager or anything but... the implication about the age the rest of the cast sees her as is still kinda weird then??

Anyway, still not sure how I want to proceed from here. Could do Finis/Sholmes now or could do the continuation routes first. Would definitely appreciate advice from people who've finished on that front.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mine shipped too!

Any route guides for this? Though I don't usually follow a route guide the first time through anyway.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boo, I'm getting all 3, but apparently Aksys doesn't ship the badges to Canada.