• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Picked up my Edo Blossoms limited edition at the festival. So far, I have seven pf the coasters. Not Shinpachi's though.

luchikita

Oct 25, 2017
Porting takes time. Not really sure I'm looking forward to the inevitable disappointment though.

They lost a lot of my loyalty over the years, so I'm indifferent. They should just bug their parent company about making Rune Factory 5 for Switch. I know it's not an otome series, but the dating sim elements in RF4 were really great.

So that's everything accounted for except XSEED's game.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Heck yeah, I finally found this thread again!

Are we all expecting Spike Chunsoft to confirm Kenka Bancho Otome for their little GDC special event? (I will accept all shaming if this had been discussed on the previous page that I only skimmed.)

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017

Are we all expecting Spike Chunsoft to confirm Kenka Bancho Otome for their little GDC special event? (I will accept all shaming if this had been discussed on the previous page that I only skimmed.)

I'm not expecting anything from SC. Was already disappointed once. Watch them ignore KBO once more.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I do nooot know how to feel about an otome game a month. It's gonna be hard for me to keep up with that even if I skip 7'scarlet (given that I'm already behind on starting, let alone finishing, other VNs first and there's more non-otome VNs out soon as well) but it's also worrying given their existing QA issues. I wish they'd space them out more for that reason, though I also wonder if that pace is sustainable sales-wise as well. I know otome tends to sell well for them (apparently?) but it might be harder for people to justify 1/month.

And will there be nothing otome-wise in the back half of the year then? Is this an attempt to get all their Vita games out ASAP? Hmm.

EDIT:

For the 4 games they mentioned announcing, all I expect is one of them to be reconfirming 428. KBO would be nice though I don't expect it; I also don't know much about it so it's not specifically hugely appealing, personally.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I do nooot know how to feel about an otome game a month. It's gonna be hard for me to keep up with that even if I skip 7'scarlet (given that I'm already behind on starting, let alone finishing, other VNs first and there's more non-otome VNs out soon as well) but it's also worrying given their existing QA issues. I wish they'd space them out more for that reason, though I also wonder if that pace is sustainable sales-wise as well. I know otome tends to sell well for them (apparently?) but it might be harder for people to justify 1/month.

And will there be nothing otome-wise in the back half of the year then? Is this an attempt to get all their Vita games out ASAP? Hmm.

EDIT:

For the 4 games they mentioned announcing, all I expect is one of them to be reconfirming 428. KBO would be nice though I don't expect it; I also don't know much about it so it's not specifically hugely appealing, personally.

Aksys outsources their otome localizations. It's highly likely different companies are working on them.

luchikita

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe they have more otome games in the later half?

If otome games are doing so well for Aksys what are they going to license from now on when the Vita is almost dying in the west?

luchikita

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reminded that Aksys is partenering up with Yasuhiro Wada to make a new game (which btw sounds pretty cute). Yasuhiro Wada created Toybox Inc., which has developed a couple of otome games with 7'scarlet being one of them. So maybe Aksys will contract Toybox Inc to make otome games for them?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Aksys outsources their otome localizations. It's highly likely different companies are working on them.

Hmm, I guess. I assumed Aksys would be handling at least some of the process in-house; hopefully whoever they're outsourcing to has time for QA, then...

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
They also made Sidekicks. Wish we could get that one localized.

Ideally - Aksys and/or Otomate would port their games to ps4/steam once Vita is a no go. Strictly speaking about the western market since Otomate just cancelled two ps4 versions of their games.

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Started the new otome on switch. Ohgiya. Also march, april, may, june all have an otome from aksys. crazy times.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
tumblr_p5j0kjm7fq1s6k2mjo2_1280.jpg
Goodies from the Hakuoki Festival. I missed out on Kazama's coaster because they ran out.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that's the normal ending. They should've removed that - the ending always gets me.

Made more sense when that ending was pretty much the neutral end to Kazama's route but now it isn't so...

Edit: And replaying Kyoto Winds has just solidified Saito as best boyfriend. :P Hijikata's so much better as a bro than an LI.

Last edited:

luchikita

Oct 25, 2017
So XSEED might reveal their otome game this Friday.

I hope it's not in the same format as their previous one, but I doubt it considering how successful MM is.

Made more sense when that ending was pretty much the neutral end to Kazama's route but now it isn't so...

Edit: And replaying Kyoto Winds has just solidified Saito as best boyfriend. :P Hijikata's so much better as a bro than an LI.

Saito was my favourite in the original.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe how many Otoge are released these upcoming months. I better hurry up and complete Haitaka no Psychedelica before it's out in English. I'm liking it a lot so far, so I may buy it again to support the genre in the west.

I hope it's not in the same format as their previous one, but I doubt it considering how successful MM is.
I always wanted to try out Mystic Messenger but then I heard people were setting up alarms to wake them several times at night and I decided not to lol.
If this one lets me sleep, I'll check it out. I never played anything from them but my friends are so enthusiastic.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
It really is nuts how many are coming out now. If someone had told me this would happen just a few years ago I would have laughed.

I tried MM briefly and some of the chats do go on into the early hours of the morning. I think it was recommended to start playing a short while after midnight to avoid missing chats. That said, you can use hourglasses to reopen missed chats (hourglasses are gained from doing a variety of things and can also be bought IIRC).

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone mention that Edo Blossoms is 25% off on the NA PSN? I guess that's a launch discount of sorts.

MidnightRain

Oct 25, 2017
US
5s35xHY.png

mrt3uPml.png

Each game will include character cards inside the package, and users who purchase all three titles can get an exclusive set of collector pins. Only 1,000 sets of the collector pins will be made, and are available on a first come, first served basis to US residents by July 31, 2018. A small shipping and handling charge will also be applied.
The cards look nice, but I wonder how you're supposed to get the pins.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Well I guess I'll have to pre-order now :x was planning on waiting, because this year is packed already!

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, either sending in proof of purchase or each game has unique codes that you enter online. Something like that. Those do look nice, hope I'm fast enough to get the pins.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I like how everytime an otome gets announced/has news about it, people act like there's too many. I'm down for any kind of VN, really. Pick the best guy, girl, grasshopper, pidgeon, whatever. But some people just really hate the idea of otomes. As if there's not enough girl dating games around or anything :/

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I like how everytime an otome gets announced/has news about it, people act like there's too many. I'm down for any kind of VN, really. Pick the best guy, girl, grasshopper, pidgeon, whatever. But some people just really hate the idea of otomes. As if there's not enough girl dating games around or anything :/

A lot of dudes out there who can't handle the idea that there might be stuff out there that isn't targeted at them

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of dudes out there who can't handle the idea that there might be stuff out there that isn't targeted at them

And it's not even they tend to have that heavy of a romance focus, right? Not to mention that it's not like they'd necessarily be releasing other VNs instead of them.