• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Heard that one just came out, how is it? I hear that it's good, but what's good about it?

I am not the best at explaining why I like things honestly and a lot would sound like I could be describing any otome (i.e great OST, great story etc)

However, I will say that the plot really hooked me in and kept me wanting to play - not to mention that I adored 3/5 LIs the moment they appeared.

The other 2, it was their routes that made me love them.

Then we have the best route of the whole game in my opinion, Jupiter's route that unlocks after you do the 5 main boys. Seriously it might be a little over the top near the end but it is my fav of the routes if I include it haha.

Just the fact all 6 of the boys work together to defeat Zeus and the whole chemistry between Jupiter and Lynette is amazing

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just pre-ordered Steam Prison along with Saviors of Sapphire Wings. They'll probably arrive in April, but I have plenty of games to play until then.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Otome visual novel Ayakashi: Romance Reborn Dawn Chapter & Twilight Chapter coming to Switch on March 4

Otome visual novel Ayakashi: Romance Reborn Dawn Chapter & Twilight Chapter is coming to Switch via the Nintendo eShop on March 4 for $49.99, developer Voltage announced.

Has exclusive Switch content, which I guess is part of the reason for the pricing.

Unless the exclusive Switch content is the night chapter, this still seems overprized, seeing as you can get all the stories for free with a bit of patience in the mobile game plus special voice lines and event stories on top of that.

The voice acting in the mobile game is only in the first few prologue chapters - if they voiced the rest, then yes, 50$ would be fine.
It's a lot better than most other Voltage trash.

If you're interested in this, I suggest you try the mobile game to play the prologue at least.
I like it, it has an okay story and I think the heroine is cool (in most routes). I do have a thing for Taisho Era stuff, so that also helps. Again, if this was fully voiced, I'd consider buying it at that price.
The routes are short, but meaty enough, and there's 10 in total after all in the two included chapters.
Some do make more sense than others of course...

All my best boys are in the night chapter though. Night chapter whheeeennn???

Also, I still can't believe they gave Aizen a route in the mobile game (not sure if it's even out in Japanese, but they added cards of him to the card pool) after him being an inexcusable prick that kidnapped the protags father to extort the protag's help for the military, but well, I'm trying not to judge people's preferences in Otome. And he's voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara. AND they did give him interesting back story with the night chapter characters (not sure if that was in an event story though...).

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Unless the exclusive Switch content is the night chapter, this still seems overprized, seeing as you can get all the stories for free with a bit of patience in the mobile game plus special voice lines and event stories on top of that.

The voice acting in the mobile game is only in the first few prologue chapters - if they voiced the rest, then yes, 50$ would be fine.
It's a lot better than most other Voltage trash.

If you're interested in this, I suggest you try the mobile game to play the prologue at least.
I like it, it has an okay story and I think the heroine is cool (in most routes). I do have a thing for Taisho Era stuff, so that also helps. Again, if this was fully voiced, I'd consider buying it at that price.
The routes are short, but meaty enough, and there's 10 in total after all in the two included chapters.
Some do make more sense than others of course...

All my best boys are in the night chapter though. Night chapter whheeeennn???

Also, I still can't believe they gave Aizen a route in the mobile game (not sure if it's even out in Japanese, but they added cards of him to the card pool) after him being an inexcusable prick that kidnapped the protags father to extort the protag's help for the military, but well, I'm trying not to judge people's preferences in Otome. And he's voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara. AND they did give him interesting back story with the night chapter characters (not sure if that was in an event story though...).

I admit I'm not familiar with the game but I figured it might be worth it vs the gacha mobage just based off my personal exp of burning way too much money on the latter.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I admit I'm not familiar with the game but I figured it might be worth it vs the gacha mobage just based off my personal exp of burning way too much money on the latter.

I'm not sure if I understand right, sorry. Are you saying you're not familiar with the full game but that you've played and spent money on the mobage version, or are you talking about a different mobage?

Reading a full route in Ayakashi Romance Reborn takes approx. 22 story keys, not counting the 50 or so keys you need for each shared main chapter (which you'll amass within a few weeks of regular playing since you're still low level and don't need much EXP for level ups).
They made getting level ups much easier with an update to the weekend daily patrols a few months back, now you should be able to get 4 keys from level ups even at max. level per week +2 free ones a month on key days and then some from the events.

Honestly, reading a full route in this is waaaaay quicker as a F2P compared to the agonizingly slow bullshit of the Solmare Games or the Ikemen Series.

Unlike the Solmare/Ikemen crap the event stories also aren't locked behind saving indecent amounts of stamina or anything. The gacha doesn't affect unlocking main story parts at all (no in-story point checks or item purchases needed). I'd even say the card stories are mostly not worth it and they way too rarely come with outfits for the boys on the main screen anyway. Maybe I'm just not attached to the boys enough to really see the point in spending on the gacha here (compared to the mobile games where I do spent on useless JPGS). However I did save up enough F2P gems to get 5 copies of Akiyasu's birthday SSR and fully max him despite the awful pull rates, and one day they'll release his route, and it will be stupid and I'll love it.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I'm not sure if I understand right, sorry. Are you saying you're not familiar with the full game but that you've played and spent money on the mobage version, or are you talking about a different mobage?

Reading a full route in Ayakashi Romance Reborn takes approx. 22 story keys, not counting the 50 or so keys you need for each shared main chapter (which you'll amass within a few weeks of regular playing since you're still low level and don't need much EXP for level ups).
They made getting level ups much easier with an update to the weekend daily patrols a few months back, now you should be able to get 4 keys from level ups even at max. level per week +2 free ones a month on key days and then some from the events.

Honestly, reading a full route in this is waaaaay quicker as a F2P compared to the agonizingly slow bullshit of the Solmare Games or the Ikemen Series.

Unlike the Solmare/Ikemen crap the event stories also aren't locked behind saving indecent amounts of stamina or anything. The gacha doesn't affect unlocking main story parts at all (no in-story point checks or item purchases needed). I'd even say the card stories are mostly not worth it and they way too rarely come with outfits for the boys on the main screen anyway. Maybe I'm just not attached to the boys enough to really see the point in spending on the gacha here (compared to the mobile games where I do spent on useless JPGS). However I did save up enough F2P gems to get 5 copies of Akiyasu's birthday SSR and fully max him despite the awful pull rates, and one day they'll release his route, and it will be stupid and I'll love it.

Sorry, I played other mobage like Genshin Impact, GBF, Arknights, and Dragalia Lost.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Noice, Dairoku looks good to me, any impressions? I like the art style, that's the same artist as in Bad Apple Wars.
Voice cast seems okay, I mean I'll not complain about Takahiro Sakurai, but it seems that the side cast has the better actors... (IMHO)

Someone said in this thread that the Olympia Game has some pretty severely awful racist undertones (bloodlines shit is always stupid), am I remembering that right?

Still most excited for Variable Barricade.

Oh, on a side note, the Ayakashi Romance Reborn mobile game is FINALLY releasing the Night Chapter in the west at the end of this month - which is just weird to do now, after JUST releasing the game as a full release on Switch with that chapter missing?

Anyway, I can't wait - once the chapter is out, this will spoil the release order of the routes. If Yakumo is last, I will riot (then wait for another 10months until he is finally here...).

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Towards the end of their time, Idea Factory International announced during their New Game Plus Expo stream that they will have some news for otome fans:

Guessing by the cutout in one of the employee's space, it is Hakukoki related.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Noice, Dairoku looks good to me, any impressions? I like the art style, that's the same artist as in Bad Apple Wars.
Voice cast seems okay, I mean I'll not complain about Takahiro Sakurai, but it seems that the side cast has the better actors... (IMHO)

Someone said in this thread that the Olympia Game has some pretty severely awful racist undertones (bloodlines shit is always stupid), am I remembering that right?

Yes.

Yeah it's a shame that the one I've heard the most positive buzz about (VB) is 2022... but I guess if we a localization with fewer typos it's okay.

Towards the end of their time, Idea Factory International announced during their New Game Plus Expo stream that they will have some news for otome fans:

Guessing by the cutout in one of the employee's space, it is Hakukoki related.

I just want the Amnesia fandiscs, Iffy pls : (

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017

Oh, on a side note, the Ayakashi Romance Reborn mobile game is FINALLY releasing the Night Chapter in the west at the end of this month - which is just weird to do now, after JUST releasing the game as a full release on Switch with that chapter missing?

Anyway, I can't wait - once the chapter is out, this will spoil the release order of the routes. If Yakumo is last, I will riot (then wait for another 10months until he is finally here...).

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Oh man, I really liked Scandal in the Spotlight, despite everything being a trainwreck. Idol boys can do no wrong in my eyes.
(Genuinely enjoyed most of the routes, although they all had their issues.)

I remember that they advertised the shit out of this one, I'm still not sure if this was actually popular or just pushed by Voltage so much.

I still haven't played any of the Voltage games on Switch (they are so behind when bringing them to the EU eShop), but I'm happy they keep bringing them over.
It just means that we'll get to Serendipity Next Door and In Your Arms Tonight eventually... right? Right!?!?!
I like that they include the epilogues and everything, those are always cute but overpriced in the mobile version.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

Sucks that with Covid that more festivals are not likely. But I enjoyed both so much and am excited for the news.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Where are those "beefcakes" the title speaks of?

hanzo.jpg

latest

Gensou.Kissa.Enchant%C3%A9.full.2763163.jpg

Off the top of my head.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

Oh my god, yes please.

Edit:
So I know this might not be the place to talk about multimedia projects and mobage, but it's the next best place I have to rant, so here goes:

AHHHHHHHHH! Aopella!

KLab Announces A Cappella Project "aoppella!?" Featuring 11 Famous Japanese Voice Actors (via Otomeobsessed)

aoppella-klab-header.jpg

There has to be a rhythm game to come out of this. Right? RIGHT??? (I'm still waiting for a Paradox Live game too, so what do I know...)
There's no way KLab would not turn this into a phone app. Come on.

I need Daiki Hamano to sing to me, I will endure shitty gacha for it, I promise, KLab!!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, with the stores closing, these are the exclusively Vita/PSP english otome:

Norn9 Var Commons
Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus
Bad Apple Wars
Sweet Fuse (PSP)
Hakuouki (The original one for PSP, think it's also on PS3 too)

Can't speak on Sweet Fuse, but I've played through all of the other ones to completion if you want impressions.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah, with the stores closing, these are the exclusively Vita/PSP english otome:

Norn9 Var Commons
Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus
Bad Apple Wars
Sweet Fuse (PSP)
Hakuouki (The original one for PSP, think it's also on PS3 too)

Can't speak on Sweet Fuse, but I've played through all of the other ones to completion if you want impressions.

Already played Bad Apple Wars and Period Cube and thought they were both very average. How's Norn9? That's the only one I'm missing.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Better than BAW and PC, but still not as good as other vita otome like C:R, CxM, Psychedelica...

Thanks. Will probably check it out then if I can find a physical copy. I need to play the Psychedelica games this summer. Also ordered a copy of 7'Scarlet the other day since it seems to be rapidly shooting up in price.