• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Well, with the three titles Aksys announced today and Steam Prison (Switch), we have four otome titles scheduled for 2021. It's a great start, seeing it's still December.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I see Aksys ran out of viable games to localize so they opted to bring over the racist one.

Yeah.

It's awk enough seeing people going "I want to see it with my own eyes and make judgments for myself" I'm always thinking it's terrible from the premise alone. It's a shame they didn't localize like Cendrillon PalikA and Beastmaster and Prince (RIP).

I rmb reading a review of Dairoku: Ayakashimori and it was pretty bland but I'll take it over being offensive and abusive LI. Also, this otome does have some famous VA though so if you like popular VA I can say it's good :o

About Olympia Soiree's problems

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
lmao, reading that thread on Olympia Soiree... I already played some Otome with horribly inexcusable and offensive premises in my time (and that includes LoveRevo), and I'm just out of excuses for this, especially if they throw this out with 2 (!) other games and Steam Prison still being on the table - no reason to play this at this point, unless I get it on the cheapest sale humanly possible were profits go directly to charity or something.
I'll try not to check the voice actors, so that I'm not even tempted.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Considering the otome subreddit picked this the most as our desired non-Otomate localization, this is nice.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
IMHO Otome subreddit is always hit or miss something b/t promoting the worst otome game out in a few months or obsessing over terrible LI.

I get my news from Gematsu, otome blogs, or twitter.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Steam description for Bustafellows doesn't have the full cast list, what the fuck.
PQube, please, learn how to promote an Otome.

Helvetica - Yoshino Hiroyuki
Limbo - KENN
Mozu - Fukuyama Jun
Scarecrow - Shirai Yuusuke
Shu - Hosoya Yoshimasa

Side character cast includes Ishikawa Kaito, Nishiyama Kotaro, Kakihara Tetsuya, Sugita Tomokazu and Morikubo Shotaro.

Also appearing as a side character: Takeuchi Shunsuke. (My bias.)

Yeah, I'll take 5 please.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Starting 7s'Carlet today. I was hoping to get through all Vita Otomate titles before playing the Switch ones, but I'm not sure I'll be able to.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Let us know what you think of it once you finish!

Just got my first ending and honestly, it's a lot better than Bad Apple Wars, the only other otome I've played this year. I can't wait to get through the other endings and figure stuff out. It also reminds me a lot of World End Syndrome, one of my favorite games of 2019 (same developer).

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Just got my first ending and honestly, it's a lot better than Bad Apple Wars, the only other otome I've played this year. I can't wait to get through the other endings and figure stuff out. It also reminds me a lot of World End Syndrome, one of my favorite games of 2019 (same developer).

Who did you start with? Probably not Isora, judging by your favorable reception.

I really liked most of the love interests, but fell off hard on the main story. Maybe it's just that by the time I got to the true route, I was really over some of the stupid stuff in the story... and then it got even stupider somehow.
I might just be salty about some true route stuff I can't spoil though, so don't mind me. (Why game. Why.)

Either way, I also enjoyed it more than Bad Apple Wars.
(And maybe I was just in a bad mood, because I am normally a sucker for stupid in stories.)

On the plus side, Morikubo Showtaro sings the ending theme for his character route, so that's nice.
(Looking into this, I didn't realize my fave LI in this was voiced by Chiharu Sawashiro, I just recently started looking into his career because he's in A3! and the now defunct mobile game Afterlife... if you like bratty College Rock, check out his band Street Story.)

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who did you start with? Probably not Isora, judging by your favorable reception.

I really liked most of the love interests, but fell off hard on the main story. Maybe it's just that by the time I got to the true route, I was really over some of the stupid stuff in the story... and then it got even stupider somehow.
I might just be salty about some true route stuff I can't spoil though, so don't mind me. (Why game. Why.)

Either way, I also enjoyed it more than Bad Apple Wars.
(And maybe I was just in a bad mood, because I am normally a sucker for stupid in stories.)

On the plus side, Morikubo Showtaro sings the ending theme for his character route, so that's nice.
(Looking into this, I didn't realize my fave LI in this was voiced by Chiharu Sawashiro, I just recently started looking into his career because he's in A3! and the now defunct mobile game Afterlife... if you like bratty College Rock, check out his band Street Story.)

I'm assuming you're referring to the incest route, god I went from "This game is kind of alright" with the last main route to "this is a fucking dumpster fire"so fast lolol I haven't seen a game throw my good will off a cliff so hard in a long time.

Personally I preferred BAW, but I also consider the latter to be more disappointing considering the potential it had.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I've finished 7'sCarlet yesterday and it's basically World End Syndrome. Or better yet, World End Syndrome is 7'sCarlet. I know it's the same developer, but the story for both games is basically the same, even the twists. I guess Toybox thought the story was wasted for an otome title and decided to do it again for a regular visual novel. At least I enjoyed it, mostly because I loved playing World End Syndrome in 2019.

I wonder what my first otome of 2021 will be. My Piofiore copy arrived this week, but it's far too long for me right now. Cafe Enchante will take another week or so to arrive, so I guess I'll probably wait until Steam Prison or Bustafellows.

Or I'll give Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly a third chance.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Her Love in the Force is quite fun, but VERY slow in the buildup for a Voltage game - meaning you didn't even get an actual relationship ending in the first season, and were supposed to keep buying the new season episodes to get SOME progress in that direction.
If they only include the season 1 stories in this, I don't really see the point, unless you're into trashy military academy nonsense with rude superiors and random kidnappings (urgh, always with the kidnappings in these games...) where you don't even get as much as a kiss on the freaking lips in the end.
I love Goto though. He was also in that one game they have about bodyguards (Edit: It's "My Sweet Bodyguard"! Of course it is.) and he got so popular that they put him in more games. Ishigami is also from that game. (He's okay.)

I hope they do "Metro PD: Close to you" next, I never understood why "Her Love in the Force" was more popular, Metro PD got to the point much faster (hey, I pay 3 $ for this, I want all my stupid plot AND the romance).

With the month long delay they have when getting these to the EU eShop, and the fact that neither Seredipitiy Next Door nor In Your Arms tonight are coming any time soon, I don't think this will be the year that I finally buy one of my mobile guilty pleasures on Switch either.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I cleared the common route for Cafe Enchante and it's really boring orz. Also, we're often reminded Kotone's main skills are cooking and cleaning lol. I mean, it's brought up to the point where all the LI go yeah... you're good at making coffee, please go and make me a cup. Thanks.

It's a shame since I liked the Art, VA, cafe theme, and LI but the lack of MC presence meant I spent a lot of them wondering: just why in events. Also, that moment where the game just asks Kotone what should I say? It was Protect Me.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I've finished 7'sCarlet yesterday and it's basically World End Syndrome. Or better yet, World End Syndrome is 7'sCarlet. I know it's the same developer, but the story for both games is basically the same, even the twists. I guess Toybox thought the story was wasted for an otome title and decided to do it again for a regular visual novel. At least I enjoyed it, mostly because I loved playing World End Syndrome in 2019.

I wonder what my first otome of 2021 will be. My Piofiore copy arrived this week, but it's far too long for me right now. Cafe Enchante will take another week or so to arrive, so I guess I'll probably wait until Steam Prison or Bustafellows.

Or I'll give Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly a third chance.

I know how much you enjoyed World End Syndrome so that's good to hear. I should probably hunt down a copy of 7'Scarlet before it becomes difficult to find.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I think I have seen it on Steam and unless it has been updated, the localization is pretty poor.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017