• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone, I was wondering if you all could help me out? I want to buy a new otome game in english, because i'm tired of the Gatcha/phone freemium ones. The only one I've bought in the past was Amnesia. (I loved it so much!) The type of otome I like on mobile are Mr Love Queens Choice and Obey Me! my favorite characters in those are Victor and Lucifer respectively so if there's a character in that vein in your suggestions it'd be a plus. (I liked pretty much everyone in Amnesia except Toma for....obvious reasons.) Do any of you have a good suggestion for me?

EDIT: OH! I forgot. I have access to PC, PS4, Vita and Switch.

Have you read Code: Realize? It's available on PS4, Vita and Switch. It's a pretty long otome but it's got a great story, and it's honestly the only otome I've played where I liked every LI. It focuses more on the story then the romance, but the romance is good too.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Hey everyone, I was wondering if you all could help me out? I want to buy a new otome game in english, because i'm tired of the Gatcha/phone freemium ones. The only one I've bought in the past was Amnesia. (I loved it so much!) The type of otome I like on mobile are Mr Love Queens Choice and Obey Me! my favorite characters in those are Victor and Lucifer respectively so if there's a character in that vein in your suggestions it'd be a plus. (I liked pretty much everyone in Amnesia except Toma for....obvious reasons.) Do any of you have a good suggestion for me?

EDIT: OH! I forgot. I have access to PC, PS4, Vita and Switch.

Heyo!
A fellow phone game connaisseur!
(Obey Me being as popular as it is will never cease to amaze me.)

The character archetype you're looking for is the "king", amd while it's a mobile game, I assume you've played Mystic Messenger? Please do if you haven't yet, you basically want to date Jumin Han. (The game is great.)

When it comes to Switch or Vita Otome with nice kings (and less Touma), the next best thing I suggest would actually really be Piofiore, despite it having it's fair share of Toumas. But it's a bunch of Mafia alpha males.

If your king can be a bit more on the warm hearted side, Van Helsing in Code Realize might be your thing, the game is very good overall anyway.
I also suggest Collar x Malice, because I like it a lot (Aiji should at least design wise be your thing), but if possible pick the Vita version, as the Switch version has some text issues.

On Vita: 7'scarlet has Yuzuki, which is probably right up your alley!
I wasn't a big fan of the story overall, but his route is pretty cool. The art is great too (same artist as UtaPri and Fire Emblem Three Houses). I wouldn't start with this game, but Yuzuki is definitely someone for you.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
Heyo!
A fellow phone game connaisseur!
(Obey Me being as popular as it is will never cease to amaze me.)

The character archetype you're looking for is the "king", amd while it's a mobile game, I assume you've played Mystic Messenger? Please do if you haven't yet, you basically want to date Jumin Han. (The game is great.)

When it comes to Switch or Vita Otome with nice kings (and less Touma), the next best thing I suggest would actually really be Piofiore, despite it having it's fair share of Toumas. But it's a bunch of Mafia alpha males.

If your king can be a bit more on the warm hearted side, Van Helsing in Code Realize might be your thing, the game is very good overall anyway.
I also suggest Collar x Malice, because I like it a lot (Aiji should at least design wise be your thing), but if possible pick the Vita version, as the Switch version has some text issues.

On Vita: 7'scarlet has Yuzuki, which is probably right up your alley!
I wasn't a big fan of the story overall, but his route is pretty cool. The art is great too (same artist as UtaPri and Fire Emblem Three Houses). I wouldn't start with this game, but Yuzuki is definitely someone for you.

YES JUMIN WAS MY FAVORITE YES. But i didn't want to play another game like Mystic Messenger because it required a lot of your time or your money. Also all those suggestions sound wonderful!! I'll get on that. Lol thank you for giving my type a name. Its good to know so I know what I'm looking for.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
GUYS IT'S ALIVE AND IT'S ON SWITCH!!!

OMG I WASN'T READY. Time to double down on Japanese lessons.
頑張ります。

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
At least it has new content in the Switch version so I am technically not buying the exact same title for the third time.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I admit I'm mostly getting it for sheer love of Cardia even though I've played the 2x FD already on vita. Also lack of new otome announcements :(

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Finished Nicola and Yang's routes. Across all of their routes/endings, Dante's is (still) my favorite of the three.

Roberto went from stickler for the rules to cold blooded killer pretty fast in Nicola's. And the fingernail scene gave me Higurashi flashbacks. Yang's route is clearly not for me (but it is definitely spawning memes on the otome subreddit) but I really found the sad ending epilog thing to be tacky.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
By the way, Voltage turned this weird free story thing from their Love 365 capsule app into its own app now:

The story was okay, however Wannabe Challenge just came out and I can only play so many Otometrash on mobile at once... (maybe I'll check it out once I'm done with all the routes in IkeSen)
iVt8M9DJ9rE6NZ1t1rNsYqDGvrCbjL5C.jpg

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Finished Orlok's route.
Good gosh his bad ending is brutal. And really illustrates that this game has no problem making the other guys raging psychopaths when you are not on their routes.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
A more eclectic otome (in the vein of Hatoful and that t-rex one), that was announced and supposed to be out like, 5 years ago, came out today.

store.steampowered.com

Creature Romances: For the Ladies on Steam

An original mystery horror love story! This work contains many disturbing, grotesque images and images of non-human creatures. Please be aware of this if you decide to buy this game.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man Cafe Enchante comes out on Thursday and I've been too deep in FFXIV to play Piofiore much. Hoping I can get to them both later this month.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Man Cafe Enchante comes out on Thursday and I've been too deep in FFXIV to play Piofiore much. Hoping I can get to them both later this month.

Same except with a ton of other VNs rather than Piofore. Was hoping to be much deeper in my backlog so I justify playing it at release, but instead I fell fully into FF hell and I am only in Heavensward so... I will get to it sometime.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
So I either just learned or completely forgot that Shirai Yusuke is the main dude in Steam Prison, that makes me excited for this release. I honestly haven't really looked into the game before, nice.

Also, I stopped playing Piofiore because I hated Yang's route so much, but I'll slog through it to get the two other endings and move on! Café Enchante will have to wait a bit until then.
(Also new A3! mobage event for the next chapter release starts this thursday, so I'm busy grinding that as well.)

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Gothic Murder. It was a fun little game, but it should be a bit cheaper due to how short it is.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Otomate just confirmed a bunch of Japanese release dates (LoverPretend coming March 25th 2021, Tokei Jikake no Apocalypse coming April 22nd 2021) and...

... a new Otome game! (News on Gematsu)

Shuuen no Virche ErroR:salvation is a dark fantasy title set in the land of Arpecheur, where everyone dies by the age of 23.

LMAO, ain't that relatable, I'm dead inside since I'm 23 too.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I got Cafe Enchante on launch day and I'm still in CH 1 orz

I meant to keep playing but I get distracted easily by MMO and GI. So far the art and story look cute on the switch. This is my first switch otome even though I heard the localization is so-so.

Pink Tape

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet's cookie jar
I wasn't expecting what has just happened on the route that I'm on right now. It wasn't just a punch in the gut but like a whole beat down.

The ending was pretty sweet though so it worked out in the end for the most part.

Last edited:

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I see Aksys ran out of viable games to localize so they opted to bring over the racist one.

Guess they think it will sell based on its art (which is probably true) because that is a pretty bad choice. Also weird considering I'm reading that it's pretty romance-focused when Aksys has been trying everything possible to convince straight guys that these games aren't otome and romance is icky

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Guess they think it will sell based on its art (which is probably true) because that is a pretty bad choice. Also weird considering I'm reading that it's pretty romance-focused when Aksys has been trying everything possible to convince straight guys that these games aren't otome and romance is icky

I don't think they have a lot to choose from. Olympia has an artstyle that sells. At least in the west. Doesn't seem like we'll ever get games like Clock Zero and some other historical otome. For some reason Aksys doesn't see them as viable. I doubt a lot of people asked for Dairoku. Barely anyone played that game and those who did said the story was bad.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they have a lot to choose from. Olympia has an artstyle that sells. At least in the west. Doesn't seem like we'll ever get games like Clock Zero and some other historical otome. For some reason Aksys doesn't see them as viable. I doubt a lot of people asked for Dairoku. Barely anyone played that game and those who did said the story was bad.

Unfortunately true :/ And yeah I've never heard of Dairoku before they posted this.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Won't the company get backlash once people start playing Olympia and see that it's racist...? Seems like a bad idea to bring such a game over to the west.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Olympia

Also surprised at VB getting picked up. Though I think it has some gameplay beyond just picking choices which might be why they picked it. Here's hoping the Pio sequel is a 2022 release then unless they can get it out in 2021 with better QA.

Talking about QA, what happened to Collar x Malice Unlimited's patch?