• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So the English version of Uta no Prince Sama Shining Live launched. I am not much of a rhythm game lady, but I am getting used to it. The game takes up over 2GB of space though (on iOS, not sure about other phones), which was a bit of a shock.
I and a few others in the gacha game thread started playing as well.
It's exactly what I expected, which is nice, but there could definitely be more romance. Too bad UtaPri isn't focused on romance, like, ever. :(

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Went through the article to the Steam page and its reviews. Sounds like the kind of romance isn't for me...

But going by the reviews the PC release is mainly based on a phone version instead of entirely a Vita version, and people seemed annoyed about that, so maybe this version will at least be good for people who wanted that + a retranslation?

Assuming it is actually based on the Vita version/retranslated, I guess.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I already have it for ipad (it's pretty eh) but I'm tempted to get it again just to support the future of otome on Switch.

Shame it's still not voiced :/

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought it, even though I'm still playing Collar x Malice and there being two new otomes coming out next month.

luchikita

Oct 25, 2017
I hope publishers try with better otome games. I don't have a Switch yet, but I'm planning to get one later this year and I prefer my VNs in a handheld as long as it doesn't have a shitty screen (3DS).

I wonder if Ruby Party ports some of their otome to Switch, if KT would localize it since the platform is actually popular over here. At least just to test the waters.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know if the Steam version has the heroine's name done without spacing (ex: JonesBob)? It is not the end of the world, but I did notice it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Best Buy has both LEs up now as well.

Moving order from Amazon... I'm reluctant to doing in store pickup now, though, so getting it shipped. I had no issues until I got a STANDARD copy of a game cancelled on me. Looks like the shipment came in later, but they just went and cancelled it wothout warning on me. I would've accepted a delay :/

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to buy the ps4 LE for CR, but now...

£72 if it's the same price as the Kyoto Winds LE.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
They had some poor soul wake up at 5 AM to announced that without the sale being active yet.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
You can schedule tweets as far as I know. I hope no one woke up at 5 AM for that.
Ah, I did not know that was possible but the Twitter support is telling me that it is. Though why not make sure the sale is good to go at the time the tweet goes up? I probably will pick up physical copies of Norn9 and Code Realize once the sale is active. For anyone who is interested in my hot take, ignore Period Cube.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I did not know that was possible but the Twitter support is telling me that it is. Though why not make sure the sale is good to go at the time the tweet goes up? I probably will pick up physical copies of Norn9 and Code Realize once the sale is active. For anyone who is interested in my hot take, ignore Period Cube.

Wish I could ignore PC out of existence.

Was hoping for a release date for Psychedelica.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by PQube's previous twitter replies, this seems to me like another Spike Chunsoft situation. Enquire about a possible otome release, see huge demand and then do nothing about it.

I'll never forget that betrayal. Even Danganronpa Another Episode got a PC port after that and it was only third/fourth in the poll.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never forget that betrayal. Even Danganronpa Another Episode got a PC port after that and it was only third/fourth in the poll.

Danganronpa was never an option in the poll. Kenka Bancho Otome, 428, Shiren and Kamaitachi were. At this point, I'm just secretly hoping the silence is due to them porting the game and the fandisc to ps4 (and steam later).

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Danganronpa was never an option in the poll. Kenka Bancho Otome, 428, Shiren and Kamaitachi were. At this point, I'm just secretly hoping the silence is due to them porting the game and the fandisc to ps4 (and steam later).

Oh, then the replies to that tweet that were asking for it. I know that Kamaitachi is most likely coming to the West now that they're porting the game to PC in Japan.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aww sadly they don't ship to my country. I'd have picked up Norn9 for that price, despite having played the PSP version several years ago.
Still, nice deals if you're in US (and maybe Canada idk where they ship to), worth checking out I think.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fe...p-10-otome-games-available-in-english/.127748

Not a bad list though I would never put Period Cube anywhere near my top 10.

tenor.gif

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe they played some super secret version were the heroine has the presence of more than just a potato and half the romance options are not sociopaths.

luchikita

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like we have that many options anyway.

Judging by PQube's previous twitter replies, this seems to me like another Spike Chunsoft situation. Enquire about a possible otome release, see huge demand and then do nothing about it.

I haven't even heard that much about 428. What a useless poll that turned out to be in more ways than one.

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
period cube is 29$ on amazon. Code realize guardians and norn9 are back at 45/50ish. Bad apple wars also seems like a low print run or it sold more than collar malice physically. the hakuoki stuff is heavily discounted.