• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing Ive noticed with pricing on amazon at least. Period Cube has held value best among all otome releases. All the others have been 30 or below. I havent seen period cube below 33ish.

luchikita

Oct 25, 2017
Not that much stock compare to the other otome games, maybe? Isn't it considered the worst game? In Amazon Canada is the cheapest 2017 otome though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Lol I just checked the stock for the game at Gamestop and the only Period Cube copy in a ~20 mile radius is a used copy that I am pretty sure was mine at the store next to where I work. For comparison, six stores within 20 miles have used copies of Collar X Malice.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Aksys is keeping me on the edge of my seat for the limited edition pre-order info.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Lol I just checked the stock for the game at Gamestop and the only Period Cube copy in a ~20 mile radius is a used copy that I am pretty sure was mine at the store next to where I work. For comparison, six stores within 20 miles have used copies of Collar X Malice.

I wonder what's up with Period Cube? Seemed to have a smaller print run, and has yet to have a sale of more than $10 off on it.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if anyone is willing to take the hit and localize those games someday lol. They're trash but... unfortunately popular trash.

Granted I think Mangagamer would do it if fhe games were on PC

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys had to pick one otome out of all the ones localized up to this point, which one would you pick?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys had to pick one otome out of all the ones localized up to this point, which one would you pick?

Code Realize as a strong first (I've recommended it to some friends who casually play VNs in general due to how well written/structured I think it is) and then Collar x Malice in second for me as well.

Though I've definitely played less of what's out than other people here, hah.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I'd also say Code: Realize for sure.

And I quite liked Amnesia: Memories, which unfortunately wasn't released pyhsically. I always wondered why that was handeld by IFI themselves instead of handing it over to Akysy like all the other Otomate games and why they then didnt put it on a cartridge unlike pretty much every other VIta game they published in the last million years. Anyone know more about this?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

And I quite liked Amnesia: Memories, which unfortunately wasn't released pyhsically. I always wondered why that was handeld by IFI themselves instead of handing it over to Akysy like all the other Otomate games and why they then didnt put it on a cartridge unlike pretty much every other VIta game they published in the last million years. Anyone know more about this?

Testing the waters?

It worked out since Hakuouki is physical.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

Amensia is one of Otomate IPs that has multiple games so they probably want to localize those games themselves while Aksys can handle the smaller game series. My guess is that IFI wanted to be cautious with their first otome localization and did not want to take on the costs of physical copies in case it sold poorly.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Testing the waters?

It worked out since Hakuouki is physical.

Possibly, but then again, Hakuoki had previous physical releases in the west on PS3, PSP and 3DS, so I'm not sure Amnesia hat much to do with that decision.

Amensia is one of Otomate IPs that has multiple games so they probably want to localize those games themselves while Aksys can handle the smaller game series. My guess is that IFI wanted to be cautious with their first otome localization and did not want to take on the costs of physical copies in case it sold poorly.

That sounds like a reasonable theory, though I guess it didn't work out too well - at least I don't think there has been any sign or hint of further Amnesia games coming to the west ever since?

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
To answer my own question, I'd choose Code: Realize, although I'm playing Collar x Malice right now.

Also, do we know if the contents for the Code: Realize limited editions will be the same? As in, the cloth poster has the same art in both releases?

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited that Code: Realize is going to be our first otome OT around here, hopefully the PS4 release will attract newcomers to the genre.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm following a guide that goes for Kei first, is there a problem if I don't go for Mineo first?
Mineo's route has the least plot relevancy. Although it does reveal something major if you're observant enough. Should be fine as long as you save Shiraishi and Aiji for last.

I feel like Mineo's the best introduction to the story (and also maybe the best boy). He's the least plot relevant, yeah, but I also feel like the other routes touch on/build off of some of the stuff you learn in his route, and I think his route probably works better as an introduction to Ichika's brother than other routes? He's also the sweetest/most "normal" of all of the guys, so if you're like me and coming right off Code Realize he helps for transitioning to the tone of the rest of them.

In any case: I did Mineo -> Okazaki -> Sasazuka for the first three, and my suggestion would be to actually do Mineo -> Sasazuka -> Okazaki.

I feel like both the tone of the game and how you learn about each of the cases might work a little better that way, particularly as Okazaki is outside the main group and that only made him feel weirder as a second route.

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aksys seems to imply that the code realize LEs are actually limited unlike their other LEs

could also just be normal "its limited!!!*" that many publishers say.

either way I got a vita order in before.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I put in a Vita order when they went up to be safe.
I'd rather get it from Best Buy but better safe than sorry.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I put in a Vita order when they went up to be safe.
I'd rather get it from Best Buy but better safe than sorry.

I'm thinking I might do the same... But since it's Amazon:

-no Prime discount, cause limited
-may get damaged in inevitable bubble mailer (however, since I plan on getting both LEs anyways, maybe I'd actually get a box)

I'll just drop an order in for now, while they are here and seem to be truly limited.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Mangagamer's licensing survey is available.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQEPmHrM9YKDk6FMZCm8fwOGLeiVrQsaBhnBQKxMj7aK4OWQ/viewform
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQEPmHrM9YKDk6FMZCm8fwOGLeiVrQsaBhnBQKxMj7aK4OWQ/viewform
Sol Press also has an available survey, and from what I've been told they're open to otome suggestions. (So far they've worked on Sakura Sakura and Newton and the Apple Tree)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDIKmwZWqke60RwQPBVbI-oZXzWjOuokWRaGs0EScsuL1lBw/viewform

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mangagamer's licensing survey is available.
Sol Press also has an available survey, and from what I've been told they're open to otome suggestions. (So far they've worked on Sakura Sakura and Newton and the Apple Tree)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDIKmwZWqke60RwQPBVbI-oZXzWjOuokWRaGs0EScsuL1lBw/viewform

Can't wait for Diabolik Lovers to be the top otome again lol