• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

full-image.php

Last edited:

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Aksys is shipping the Future Blessings orders out today. I received an email with tracking info.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Collar x Malice Unlimited was rated M by the ESRB according to the box art Aksys uploaded to the website on their product page. I am glad they are not using the box art from the Japanese Vita version. I like group shots more.

Looks like it's the same art they used on the Vita copies. Darn, was hoping for something different (I like my ports looking different from the original).

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Lize – A spoiled and devious lop-eared rabbit. Adores you more than anyone else.
Will he go crazy for spinach though? Nice to see more ports.

On another note, I knew it would have fewer tracks but Future Blessing's CD only having six tracks makes it hard to use as a CD to commute to.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Other than the art cards included in the copies there is no limited edition for the first one.

I think the art cards are in all copies and not just Aksys Store? I'll prob get the LE for Unlimited there anyways, because of the packaging alone (too bad no sale this time). Best Buy is usually got with boxing boxed items, but my first Code;Realize LE came in from there in a bubble mailer and got a little smooshed.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Also, unlike the first three otome titles Aksys has been releasing for the Nintendo Switch where they charged 40USD per game, Collar x Malice Unlimited will now be 50USD.

CXMU_SW_CE_FOB_mock_7d965c16-fe22-4e36-8d19-44673dff1f11_360x.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Also, unlike the first three otome titles Aksys has been releasing for the Nintendo Switch where they charged 40USD per game, Collar x Malice Unlimited will now be 50USD.

CXMU_SW_CE_FOB_mock_7d965c16-fe22-4e36-8d19-44673dff1f11_360x.jpg

I think this is also the first new game of the batch, with all the others being ports? That part would make sense to me with new translation costs and such.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
So, I got 7 otome games on PSV today... and I never played any otome game before...

Norn9 - Var Commons
Code Realize - Guardian of Rebirth
Code Realize - Future Blessings
Code Realize - Wintertide Miracles
Period Cube - Shackles of Amadeus
Bad Apple Wars
Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk

That's a crazy amount of games lol.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I got 7 otome games on PSV today... and I never played any otome game before...

Norn9 - Var Commons
Bad Apple Wars

Wow that's a lot of games haha. If you need recommendations, I would try Code Realize: Guardian of Rebirth first. Future Blessings and Wintertide Miracles are both sequels so stay away from them until you're done

Haven't played Psychedelica, but honestly I'm not high on any of the the other non-CR ones (but they're so cheap it's not a bad loss) haha, like they're pretty average.

Hope you enjoy them all though! And welcome to the genre!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

Norn9 - Var Commons
Bad Apple Wars

Welcome! Xita already covered the Code Realize order so I will mention that Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk is typically recommended (not required though) to be played after Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly. And that if you decide to pick up other Vita otome releases down the road, Hakuoki Kyoto Winds comes before Hakuoki Edo Blossoms.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I went ahead and pre-ordered both CxM titles through Aksys' website. Not sure how their European shipping is but when I received Future Blessings in the mail from Aksys, it came in a cardboard box versus the yellow mailers that Amazon tends to use for anything that will fit in them, which is appreciated.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I went ahead and pre-ordered both CxM titles through Aksys' website. Not sure how their European shipping is but when I received Future Blessings in the mail from Aksys, it came in a cardboard box versus the yellow mailers that Amazon tends to use for anything that will fit in them, which is appreciated.

I was sad when for once, Best Buy actually used a mailer for the first Code;Realize Switch LE... Almost never happens, but it did and I got the second one off Aksys. Just like other small shops like NISA etc., their packaging is good. I'll probably pre-order the first CxM elsewhere, and just get the LE via Aksys.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Even worse, it's just one coin and a crappy button pin like they gave out for free for the Vita otome promotion a couple years back.

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Just to clarify, it's a 30 track soundtrack covering both Collar X Malice games, a collectable coin, and it's an enamel pin of the Adonis emblem ^^

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify, it's a 30 track soundtrack covering both Collar X Malice games, a collectable coin, and it's an enamel pin of the Adonis emblem ^^

Is it the full soundtracks, or at least full for Unlimited? That's a lot more tempting then, especially since it looks like Unlimited never got a soundtrack release in Japan; CxM's is apparently 20 tracks so at least 10 of those should be unique to this, hmm.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Is it the full soundtracks, or at least full for Unlimited? That's a lot more tempting then, especially since it looks like Unlimited never got a soundtrack release in Japan; CxM's is apparently 20 tracks so at least 10 of those should be unique to this, hmm.
It has tracks from the first game too. I imagine it does not have any vocal tracks or instrumental versions of the openings/endings based off the CDs included with the Code Realize releases.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It has tracks from the first game too. I imagine it does not have any vocal tracks or instrumental versions of the openings/endings based off the CDs included with the Code Realize releases.

Which is fine enough for me, since those at least seem to have been released as singles. Mostly thinking that it'd be unfortunate to missing just a few normal tracks from the original or this one, with it helping that it's the best that's available for this one anyway.

And it's not like I'm going out of my way to collect the soundtracks for these games or anything, but CDs are the main thing that I still consider since cutting back on buying LEs. (I did buy CR's soundtrack at some point because I had some CDJapan points to burn, though.)

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
store.aksysgames.com

Piofiore: Fated Memories (Nintendo Switch™)

Liliana Adornato was born and raised in the church in the center of the Italian city of Burlone. Three criminal organizations control parts of the city, and Lili discovers that she is literally in the center of their turf wars. Her encounters with the leaders of the Falzone, Visconti, and...

store.aksysgames.com

Café Enchanté - (Nintendo Switch™)

When Kotone inherits her grandfather’s Tokyo café, she discovers the shop holds more secrets than anyone could imagine. The café is a meeting place for beings from multiple, mystical worlds. You’ll meet the king of demons, a humanoid beast, a fallen angel, and more. And when government agents...

Still only listed for fall of this year.

There is also this intro article on GoNintendo sponsored by Aksys making the rounds:

gonintendo.com

An intro to Otome games, courtesy of Aksys

Sponsored post

Which I know is upsetting a few people within the community but I do think it gets the point across that Aksys is fixated on releasing story focused titles.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone found any more information about Cafe Enchante? I read an early summary awhile ago on Reddit but aside from that I feel like information about it is really scarce (doesn't help that the name get's stuck with other cafes on Google)

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Has anyone found any more information about Cafe Enchante? I read an early summary awhile ago on Reddit but aside from that I feel like information about it is really scarce (doesn't help that the name get's stuck with other cafes on Google)
It sold less than some of the Switch ports did in Japan and Aksys has not done any marketing for it yet so I am not surprised that there is not much info. A few of the reviews I have glanced over by English speakers note that the game does focus more on the story than the romance:

breadmasterlee.com

Otome Game Review: Fantasy Cafe Enchante

Awaki Kotone decides to take over her late grandpa’s cafe Enchante and instead finds herself surrounded by non-human ikemans from another world who were regulars when grandpa was the master. …
yuscake.com

幻奏喫茶アンシャンテ Gensou Kissa Enchante – Review/Summary

The heroine is a girl named Kotone who inherits her grandfather’s cafe after he dies. Upon entering it, she looks over the entire cafe having nostalgic feelings coming back from when she was …
uguucageoflove.wordpress.com

Gensou Kissa Enchante // Canus Route and Initial Thoughts

It’s been a surprisingly long time since my last actual otome game thoughts post. At first I looked at the time stamp on my Sanzen Sekai Yuugi post and thought “hey December last year i…

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not the biggest fan of romance in general, but saying "While romance is a common element of otome, it is the plot and characters that drive the story and keep the player clicking" sounds disingenuous. CxM and C:R's FDs are pure fluff. People certainly don't play those for the plot.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Waiting for Best Buy to add these new entries... Lately they have been hit or miss with niche stuff like Aksys, or just take forever to make the listings.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
What's the shortest otome title from Aksys? I want to get one finished and out of my backlog, but all the ones I've actually played are huge.