• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The new Taisho Alice translation is done by Molly Lee so you KNOW it's gonna be good. Her past works include Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome, The Bell Chimes for Gold, the upcoming Fxxx Me Royally, and the Kokoro Connect light novels.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I'm interested in TaishoxAlice but wondering if they will be $25 each so $100 for a complete game 🤔

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Glad to see the previous "localization" did not sour the company completely on releasing in the western market.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot Taisho was coming out tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too expensive, coming out on Thanksgiving/BF doesn't seem like the best choice tbh

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I forgot Taisho was coming out tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too expensive, coming out on Thanksgiving/BF doesn't seem like the best choice tbh

I'm dedicated to buying since I want them to localize the entire series orz

Just surprised we got a new otome release before 2019 is over.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I got TxA and I have a lot of regrets on the intro.

Wow, that's 2 hrs of a strange boy Alice berating the MC for being dumb and useless. I'm like OK but does the game get better? I'm not even beyond the prologue and wondering why would writers do this to the reader? Isn't Alice supposed to be an important character later? His excessive rudeness is a huge turn-off and I'm like MC you deserve better.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got TxA and I have a lot of regrets on the intro.

Wow, that's 2 hrs of a strange boy Alice berating the MC for being dumb and useless. I'm like OK but does the game get better? I'm not even beyond the prologue and wondering why would writers do this to the reader? Isn't Alice supposed to be an important character later? His excessive rudeness is a huge turn-off and I'm like MC you deserve better.

I felt the same way. It got old so fast and just kept going... I haven't played much of what comes after but it does get better.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Would be nice to get that feed outside of Japan but it would pretty much just be an Aksys feed since IFI has not really discussed releasing more otome titles.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

While playing away the new A3! event (yay, Anime coming out soooooon), I stumbled upon a Gematsu article on (edited) the release of a new game in the Haruka Series from Ruby Party.

Haruka: Beyond the stream of time 7
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/harukanaru-toki-no-naka-de-7-launches-june-18-in-japan
Harukanaru-Toki-no-Naka-de-7_01-09-20_001-600x839.jpg

Pretty!!
(Dibs on the idiot on the edge of the roof.)

My favourite bit of the article is the blurb on the story summary:
"A widespread spiritual possession occurs."

Don't y'all just hate when that happens?

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

While playing away the new A3! event (yay, Anime coming out soooooon), I stumbled upon a Gematsu article on the rerelease of this PS1 Ruby Party title from 2000 for Switch, so I wanted to share:

Haruka: Beyond the stream of time
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/harukanaru-toki-no-naka-de-7-launches-june-18-in-japan
Harukanaru-Toki-no-Naka-de-7_01-09-20_001-600x839.jpg

Pretty!!
(Dibs on the idiot on the edge of the roof.)

My favourite bit of the article is the blurb on the story summary:
"A widespread spiritual possession occurs."

Don't y'all just hate when that happens?

Is that a rerelease or a new game? I know the Haruka series is pretty old overall, but this appears the 7th entry and not one of the old ones?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Is that a rerelease or a new game? I know the Haruka series is pretty old overall, but this appears the 7th entry and not one of the old ones?

Oh dang, you are right! It's actually a new game, I didn't realize they made this a whole series.
There are some extended re-releases of the original.
But apparently they made sequels to the game (and the Manga also made sequels, set in later time periods) with the same premise but with new characters.
- Editing my original post to reflect that. -
Apparently game 6 is also available on Switch in Japan already.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Looking forward to Piofore and Cafe Enchante! Even if they are trash, at least with an Aksys localization they will be somewhat legible.

Finally some Otome to recommend others on Switch.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Only english one yeah. The rest range from poorly translated to Voltage tier

I mean, I liked the Men of Yoshiwara games well enough in parts, but that's literally dating male whores, not certainly something I'd point to for someone to "check out some of the neat stuff in the genre".
Nightshade translation is a bit rough from what I heard as well? Most of the D3 stuff is absolutely unreadable, riddled with bad translation and typos, like Kitty Love and the one with the Yokai rock band (which is a shame, because it has Mamoru Miyano voicing one of the characters).

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Several of the titles released on the eshop with subpar translations did get revised translation but they still read a little odd in my opinion.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I finally started Wintertide Miracles (well... I did all the triangle dates before immediately getting distracted by other games), so if I actually finish that in the next couple weeks and then get around to Ashen Hawk finally, Unlimited + whatever's good of the new ones will come out at decent times.

I put Wintertide off to play at a fitting time of year, then totally forgot to make time for it till the end of December, and am now almost playing it a full year after it came out anyway... whoops.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
The games I'm interested in are all Late 2020 lol.

Anyways, reminder C:R is great and everyone should play it. The FD is just fluffy extra stories and the entire story is complete from the base game.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be excited for Collar x Malice -Unlimited- had I finished more than one route for the first game.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The games I'm interested in are all Late 2020 lol.

Anyways, reminder C:R is great and everyone should play it. The FD is just fluffy extra stories and the entire story is complete from the base game.

Agreed (though I need to get around to the FDs) and you also have great taste in avatars!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'd be excited for Collar x Malice -Unlimited- had I finished more than one route for the first game.

But, but, the main route is the best route.
(The stupid trial and error in the game was annoying though. I want to play an Otome, not a trolly Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book from the 90s.)

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Hot take but I don't think you missed anything. Probably one of the more disappointing otome I played.

Would marry Sakuragawa in a heartbeat tho

63685.jpg

<3

Good female companions in this one for sure. I also liked the MC well enough. You at least get to shoot some people yourself in this one.
My main gripe was the twist on who the true evil killer was.

Because this is an Otome. And OF COURSE I immediately googled "Why can't I date THAT guy?". So yeah. Not sure that was a good choice.
(I liked the "idea" and the way they hint at it, it just doesn't work in a medium that relies on walkthroughs and where you're used to hidden routes and a fixed number of people you can date - and this game needed walkthroughs, some of the choices are completely random. At least not as bad as in Amnesia though.)

The overall story was pants. Some of the routes were really good though and I liked all the characters and their relationships with the MC. Main dude was especially great, every time they drew Yanagi smoking on the roof I missed the good old times where cool dudes were smoking in media. Japan is pretty behind in regards to cancer prevention though smoking bans, but this fantasy makes me a bit nostalgic. (Head canon, he quits smoking once they move in with each other, because I'm not having this in my house.) He was a good dude, one of the few Otome guys where the violent back story wasn't too stupid in my opinion.

I felt personally attacked by the crazy gamer dude though. He's like a less nice mirror held to my face compared to Itaru from A3! for example. Some of those sob stories from the killers where just whack. The stalker one was pretty interesting on the other hand.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I felt the game was kinda misleading to me, in that uhhhh what's his name... Mineo was my first route and was very fun, which made me think all the guys would be sweet like Code: Realize and then... not, quite, nope, lmao. I ended up being more or less ok with the dynamic you have with them, though Okazaki (Kei? I don't know how I referred to him or Mineo, while I somehow do remember the names of all the others...) was too much.

That being said, I did like most of the cast and enjoyed the game despite some of the writing being messy on top of that, so I'm interested in Unlimited. But I don't remember it nearly as well as C:R so I'll have to refresh myself beforehand, hmm.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I felt the game was kinda misleading to me, in that uhhhh what's his name... Mineo was my first route and was very fun, which made me think all the guys would be sweet like Code: Realize and then... not, quite, nope, lmao. I ended up being more or less ok with the dynamic you have with them, though Okazaki (Kei? I don't know how I referred to him or Mineo, while I somehow do remember the names of all the others...) was too much.

That being said, I did like most of the cast and enjoyed the game despite some of the writing being messy on top of that, so I'm interested in Unlimited. But I don't remember it nearly as well as C:R so I'll have to refresh myself beforehand, hmm.

Kei was definitely not cool, I agree. Seaweed head also had some scenes where I was tempted to just ditch him. He can go and be an ass to someone else. I did like his underlying motivation and how his conflict was resolved however, despite giving him
serious gun trauma.
I think the team thought they'd be touching on some hot topic with that one, haha, and to be fair at least they tried.
The one I'm most torn on is Shiraishi. I can't decide whether his route was the best or the worst.
It started bad and then got REALLY good half way through - meaning I warmed up to his idiosyncrasies and even started to understand where they were going with his character. ... like, it started to make sense and even become appealing? A lot even? And he even changed some of his stupid behavior after MC confronts him, which, you would think happens a lot in these games, but it actually doesn't.
And then his ending was complete garbage and came out of nowhere. It's like when you realize halfway through that the nice dude is becoming the Yandere route. Except this time they drop it randomly on you out of nowhere in the final chapter. Surprise, nothing makes sense and everything goes to shit! Fvck.

Mineo was the most cookie cutter energetic nice boy route in the game - perfectly fine, but really not trying anything new.

Okay, I'll stop reminiscing about CxM now.
Anyone watching the A3! anime?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
store.aksysgames.com

PRE-ORDER - Code:Realize~Future Blessings ~ Day 1 Edition (Nintendo Switch™)

The Day 1 Edition includes: a set of 8 large character cards; a soundtrack CD and an exclusive 2" acrylic key chain of Sisi the dog. Pre Order now for Nintendo Switch™ - Coming April 2020! Mystery. Adventure. A little Romance. Taking place after the events of the first game, follow the main...

Comes with character cards, soundtrack, and a Sissi key chain.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
store.aksysgames.com

PRE-ORDER - Code:Realize~Future Blessings ~ Day 1 Edition (Nintendo Switch™)

The Day 1 Edition includes: a set of 8 large character cards; a soundtrack CD and an exclusive 2" acrylic key chain of Sisi the dog. Pre Order now for Nintendo Switch™ - Coming April 2020! Mystery. Adventure. A little Romance. Taking place after the events of the first game, follow the main...

Comes with character cards, soundtrack, and a Sissi key chain.

I was just searching for a limited edition, this is basically it. It's not really a "day 1 edition", as the standard edition is 40USD and this is 48USD (down from 60USD).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I was just searching for a limited edition, this is basically it. It's not really a "day 1 edition", as the standard edition is 40USD and this is 48USD (down from 60USD).

Probably also because they already release an LE for it on PS4/Vita. Looks like this version adds in the keychain and soundtrack that the other versions didn't get, but art cards look the same.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Went ahead and pre-ordered the limited edition through Aksys' website.

I think I'll go ahead and do the same. Only 2,000 copies of this one, Gamestop didn't even get the first one (standard or LE), only Best Buy and Amazon. This one is Amazon though, but looks like Aksys' store actually has it on sale for $47 instead of $59 (still a little cheaper after taxes+shipping). Yeah, I'd rather not have it crushed in a bubble mailer by Amazon. (Usually Best Buy is good with LEs, but since the first one was so thin, it got slightly crushed in a corner because they did use a mailer this time... I doubt BBuy will be getting this one in, though).