• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Man, are they ever going to announce a platform for Tokimemo GS 4, or is this thing a PS5 launch exclusive...

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
And it's just the first game, isn't it? For the full price? Honestly, not worth it, at all.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just the first game. It's $40 for the standard edition and $60 for the LE, but even then it's not worth it.

I mean, 40USD was what Aksys charged for the first game on the Vita almost four years ago. They're charging the same price, for the same game, four years later, just for a different platform, without any additional content.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, 40USD was what Aksys charged for the first game on the Vita almost four years ago. They're charging the same price, for the same game, four years later, just for a different platform, without any additional content.

Splitting the games because of the switch tax is still shitty though. They'll probably do the same with CxM.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm happy to buy a physical copy.
Once the Vita will be cut from the PS Store ecosystem, at least I can still play it on Switch (I am only digital on Vita, with only two games installed at a time due to the 8GB cart...).

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to buy a physical copy.
Once the Vita will be cut from the PS Store ecosystem, at least I can still play it on Switch (I am only digital on Vita, with only two games installed at a time due to the 8GB cart...).

Even if that happens you'd still be able to download your vita games. Same thing happened with the psp - there's no more psp store but you can still access your games.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just the first game. It's $40 for the standard edition and $60 for the LE, but even then it's not worth it.

You'd be surprised how much those acrylic keychains can be (assuming it's full-sized). Still, I think it's fine. Most LEs aren't mind-blowing, but "Switch-tax" is definitely a thing here.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Let me gush about TokiMemo GS 4 a bit more.
They showed off some new character portraits today, one of them was a new character, the teacher (Kojiro):
chara_kojiro_school.png

That hair, what the hell.

Also, I didn't know the hot pink hair guy is wearing glasses at school, how did I miss that.
Hot version vs. School version:
chara_minoru_normal.png
->
chara_minoru_school.png

I love it.
Hope the fan translators for this game come through like for the first three.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Hot version for me would at least show more skin, but that's just me.

TokiMemo is pretty tame in that sense overall, true.
I think those games usually target a younger audience, the most action you get is the kiss at the end of 3 LONG SCHOOL YEARS. (And a lot of intense blushing until you get there...)
On the other hand, those games had a love triangle / rivals-mechanic in the 3rd version and let you pet the boys while they make uncomfortable sounds, despite not letting you peek at as much as an exposed shoulder.
Most of the guys are underage after all.

What I adore about TokiMemo is how serious they take the "Sim" aspect of the Dating Sim, there's a billion systems and statchecks to keep in mind, getting a date set up requires ACTUAL REAL LIFE PLANNING on your part, you might even lose out on a good ending if you get RNG screwed with stat gains. (save scumming in these games is something else!)

The wait for this game is tearing me apart. I think I'll finally try to play the fan-translated version of GS 3, but I only have the Nintendo DS version (they added a bunch of stuff in the Vita release, but I never found a Vita copy of the game when I was visiting Japan.) Unfortunately, the stupid Skinship petting plays like ass on an emulator, and you need to get the right hearts to pop out of the boys' faces, lmao. Time to learn how to flash card things into a DS.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Looking through the sales threads on here, the Piofiore Switch port is the title with the highest opening week.
13./00. [NSW] Pioneer no Banshou: Ricordo # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2019.07.25} (¥6.300) - 5.279 / NEW <80-100%>

I think it and only a few more releases have cracked 2,000 units sold the first week. Everything else is is between 1,900 and 1,000 or does not chart at all.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Looking through the sales threads on here, the Piofiore Switch port is the title with the highest opening week.

I think it and only a few more releases have cracked 2,000 units sold the first week. Everything else is is between 1,900 and 1,000 or does not chart at all.

Quite a few games didn't even manage to crack 1k FW. Piofiore is Otomate's new C:R/CxM so it makes sense it'd sell more. Those numbers are still dire though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Quite a few games didn't even manage to crack 1k FW. Piofiore is Otomate's new C:R/CxM so it makes sense it'd sell more. Those numbers are still dire though.
I am honestly interested in knowing how the PC games did. Considering how quickly they were ported to the Switch (and the two ports released so far did not chart), I imagine they will not go down that path again.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I am honestly interested in knowing how the PC games did. Considering how quickly they were ported to the Switch (and the two ports released so far did not chart), I imagine they will not go down that path again.

The PC ports were a bad idea from the start - overpriced, split into three parts and the games aren't even that good. I guess Otomate was trying something new and it didn't work out so well.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have literally never heard of Ruby Party until now

Even Google seemed confused, listing some "Max & Ruby" links before I got a link identifying the company.

Honestly if they just said "otome games" they probably would've gotten a greater response

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
If it means nothing, what's the purpose of the poll?

I would assume that "collecting data" is just "gauging interest" aka, if they numbers are there they *might* look into it, but nothing yet. Maybe it's to show the Japanese side that there's a need from it, since they always seem to backwards with their "oh westerners want this? Oh these are actually selling ok there??" ideas.

Kirie

Oct 25, 2017
Ruby Party have done some of my favorite otoges ever made, and I would be THRILLED if they were ever localized.

Geten no Hana especially!! Pretty sure I talked about it over at the old place before. Xita I'm pretty sure you used to post over on Ushi no Tane a lot, right? Nurse Fin and I used to talk about the games all the time in the Otome/VN thread there once upon a time, so you might remember some of them if you ever took a gander in there.

Angelique, Geten no Hana, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, etc. I'm a little surprised more people don't know them for Angelique alone, since that was the "first" otome game.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
With the new Angelique game being announced, this has to be about that one, and good on KT USA for telling the devs right away to think about localization, so this can be done in a reasonable time frame if at all.

Yay.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ruby Party have done some of my favorite otoges ever made, and I would be THRILLED if they were ever localized.

Geten no Hana especially!! Pretty sure I talked about it over at the old place before. Xita I'm pretty sure you used to post over on Ushi no Tane a lot, right? Nurse Fin and I used to talk about the games all the time in the Otome/VN thread there once upon a time, so you might remember some of them if you ever took a gander in there.

Angelique, Geten no Hana, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, etc. I'm a little surprised more people don't know them for Angelique alone, since that was the "first" otome game.

Hmm, may have to do some digging then. I've heard of Angelique but never the actual company involved.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Akash: Path of the Five is live on steam-

/end self promotion 😛 (for context: Akash was developed in the indie dev community here)

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Aksys has six titles to release in twelve months next year. They'll be able to release a new Switch title every other month for the entire year, even if we've already had three of them available for other platforms.

Meanwhile, here's the Switch cover for Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth:

716vUoeW8NL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

And the limited edition:

81IAxoPWrzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Was not a fan of that particular Voltage title but good for those interested.

It's one of the more famous and popular ones, if anything I'm surprised this wasn't the first one they ported.

In other news I just recently noticed those Voltage ports are only on the US eshop, not out in EU at all. What gives? :L

Also: I'm now playing Mr Love: Queen's Choice on mobile. It's grindy and has some wonky translation, but I was curious since they are doing an Anime and the voice actors are top notch.
Anyone here playing this?