• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Glad that I am leaving work early to watch the stream. Hope at least one new title is announced.

I will buy any ports too.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I would buy ports too if they release them with a physical cart!
(Haha, I guess I won't buy any ports then.)

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I'm glad Aksys are sticking with otome at least. I'm guessing Code Realize and Collar x Malice will be coming sooner or later. I do hope we get some new games though!

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
While we're announcing otome at Anime Expo...

Also...we will never forget you...

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Guess Aksys saying they could always do digital only for Vita releases was just lip service.

Unlimited should've been on Vita as well.

In terms of announcements - this was very bad.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If NG can get localized for Vita then so could CxM.

Companies move on. I love my Vita but I think Aksys supported as much as they could have. I'm not gonna get mad at them for not supporting a console where they probably get like 10 copies sold compared to one of the best selling consoles ever.

https://twitter.com/ateliermatangi/status/1147279931727986688

Too bad... Aksys doesn't really have much to work with, these days. Without any Arc Sys, I'm not sure what people were expecting?

Yeah it's weird. Also they get like 5 million boobie VNs a year so I find it funny when guys complain when otome fans get... 2 new games.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
The cafe game looks cute but it's so far away. Piofore is just not good and I'm always sad when Aksys localize less great otome.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The cafe game looks cute but it's so far away. Piofore is just not good and I'm always sad when Aksys localize less great otome.

How's it bad, exactly?

I definitely need some amount of verification of quality before I buy from new series. I'm down for CxM Unlimited (though I second that a digital Vita release would have been nice), but I feel burnt for buying Norn9 and 7Scarlet when I'll probably never play them now.

...I also seriously question releasing Code Realize separately, unless those are actually cheaper digital releases or something. They went as far as releasing the collection on PS4 the same day as Future Blessings on Vita, so people have a precedent to look at and go "...you seriously unbundled it this time?".

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
How's it bad, exactly?

I definitely need some amount of verification of quality before I buy from new series. I'm down for CxM Unlimited (though I second that a digital Vita release would have been nice), but I feel burnt for buying Norn9 and 7Scarlet when I'll probably never play them now.

...I also seriously question releasing Code Realize separately, unless those are actually cheaper digital releases or something. They went as far as releasing the collection on PS4 the same day as Future Blessings on Vita, so people have a precedent to look at and go "...you seriously unbundled it this time?".

Do you like damsels in distress and sexual assault? Because that may as well be the summary for Piofiore.

Seems to be like CxM will also be unbundled? Not really fond of how they're milking fans and clinging to CR and CxM.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I can at least vaguely understand Unlimited because it's an entirely new release. It's still annoying to unbundle it, but I get it. Especially if the original comes out decently sooner than Unlimited.

The game that was not only already kept bundled, but even released right alongside the unbundled version on another platform... that's less understandable.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I hope they're $20 digital releases or something, because otherwise you're gonna have people quickly realizing Bouquet of Rainbows is uhhhhh $30 on Amazon currently.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I hope they're $20 digital releases or something, because otherwise you're gonna have people quickly realizing Bouquet of Rainbows is uhhhhh $30 on Amazon currently.

There'd be no point releasing them that way. Splitting the games requires more work. Think they'll be $50. No matter what, it'll be more expensive than the ps4 port.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Bleh. No Collar x Malice Unlimited on Vita and the new games they pick are a terrible one and an unknown quantity.

Disappointing set of announcements. Although it's nice that Switch fans get to experience the brilliant Collar x Malice.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
How's it bad, exactly?

Just that it's very dark and depressing with a useless MC. Also, there's some negative reviews like a lot of abusive LI.

N9 had like 2 good MC stuck in a terrible story and 7's just unredeemable so I feel your pain since I own both games too.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man I really didn't like Norn9 either lol. The poster child for "Quality > Quantity"

At least the music was good.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Wonder if Otomate will make a special Switch Light down the line like they did with the PS4.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
We've already started porting Akash to the switch, and yep, it will be compatible with the lite. :)

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I know there's a fat zero chance of localisation, but the new Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side game has a logo now, and they introduced a new character, who is another relative of Reiichi Himuro (he was a dateable teacher from the first game, definitely one of the better written teacher options of the whole series). This is so funny to me, they keep bringing back Himuro - one of the students in the second game was also a cousin of his, and he had a cameo there.
Tokimeki-Memori-Girls-Side-4th-Heart_07-19-19.jpg

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Wonder if the company releasing the Steam versions will eventually do the games Aksys announced in July.