• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
39./00. [NSW] Code:Realize - Bouquet of Rainbows for Nintendo Switch (Idea Factory) {2018.09.13} - 1,088 / NEW

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the demo for London Detective Mysteria.

Having another voiced heroine who has agency is a big plus, although I wish Emily did not look so young.

Spotted a few typos and the game became unresponsive twice in quick succession. Nothing game breaking.

I enjoyed the prologue - hope we get the release date soon!

Last edited:

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the demo. Ehhh I hope that isn't too representative of the game because I was pretty bored. Also the heroine looking like a 10-year-old is going to be a consistent sticking point for me.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
IFI is having a press conference in November and along with having their currently announced titles playable, they will be unveiling new titles for 2019. I will keep my expectations low but will hope for one otome title.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
IFI is having a press conference in November and along with having their currently announced titles playable, they will be unveiling new titles for 2019. I will keep my expectations low but will hope for one otome title.

Unless it's the Switch port of the Hakuoki duo, I don't think another otome title is happening anytime soon.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Unless it's the Switch port of the Hakuoki duo, I don't think another otome title is happening anytime soon.

Ehhh ya never know. Neptune games and such have greatly slowed down lately, so they might want to bring in something different. Well, I hope the 2 Hakuoukis sold well enough for them.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
They're 3-4 Compile Heart games behind. For such a small company, that's a lot.

Really 3-4? I'm not on the up-n-up with import releases, but which ones? Iknow they just announced I think 1 or 2 recently, but neither are out yet. Is it slower than normal? They sure rushed out all the Neptunias quickly! I dunno, I feel like it's always been a slow trickle of releases...

I guess we'll see what happens on Nov 5. I would still guess 1 non-Hakuouki otome... if lucky.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Arc of Alchemist, Varnir of the Dragon Star, Azur Lane: Crosswave, Super Neptunia RPG, Mary Skelter 2, Death end Re;Quest, HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 Plus. That's a lot of unlocalized titles.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Arc of Alchemist, Varnir of the Dragon Star, Azur Lane: Crosswave, Super Neptunia RPG, Mary Skelter 2, Death end Re;Quest, HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 Plus. That's a lot of unlocalized titles.
I honestly do not recognize two of those. Minus the Neptunia games and Death end, have the others been released in Japan yet?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Well you can't really count those, since they are on pre-order. Varnir isn't out in Japan yet, either. Edit: Neither is Arc or Azure, those were the 2 just announced, prob not out till at least mid 2019ish.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't expect any otome other than Hakuouki Switch. They tend to only go for the bigger/established stuff and there just... isn't much of that at the moment that I can think of.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Was browsing UK retailers today, noticed that Shopto and 365games both have EU versions of the Aksys otome stuff listed for pre-order.

Aksys finally expanding beyond Bazaar Bazaar?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Non-Vita owners should look into buying it. It has a unique atmosphere compared to several of the other localized titles.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I have my issues with it, but it's overall enjoyable and I'd still recommend it.

Meanwhile, still haven't made time for Ashen Hawk... kinda found myself even more overloaded with games than usual thanks to focusing on some really long ones, and so stalled at finishing 428's bonus content which means not starting another VN. I'll get to it... well, probably in a month after Death Mark. But I'm sxcited to play it, hah.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I...forgot I was even playing Ashen Hawk still. I'm like 8 hours in and it still feels like I'm "learning" information I assumed from the premise. It's definitely a slow start.

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time 6 DX got announced for the Switch today.
It includes Haruka 6 and and Haruka 6 Gentou Rondo in one package.

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/haruka6/dx/

I went and took a look at the official product page and got a big laugh:
The epilogue story content is only available as a pre-order bonus for the two box editions.

You don't receive it when you pre-order the normal edition and there are big red words (※本特典は、後日配信の予定はありません。) indicating that this is never gonna not planned to be available separately in future.

Koei, why you gotta be like that

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time 6 DX got announced for the Switch today.
It includes Haruka 6 and and Haruka 6 Gentou Rondo in one package.

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/haruka6/dx/

I went and took a look at the official product page and got a big laugh:
The epilogue story content is only available as a pre-order bonus for the two box editions.

You don't receive it when you pre-order the normal edition and there are big red words (※本特典は、後日配信の予定はありません。) indicating that this is never gonna not planned to be available separately in future.

Koei, why you gotta be like that

That's one way to make the game profitable, I guess. Gotta milk fans for all they're worth.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
No otome titles announced at IFI's press event last night. Them releasing the Date A Live trilogy does give me a tiny bit of hope for the Nil Admirari Switch port that has both games though.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
No otome titles announced at IFI's press event last night. Them releasing the Date A Live trilogy does give me a tiny bit of hope for the Nil Admirari Switch port that has both games though.

I think it's highly likely that otome moving to switch is going to be cost prohibitive for some titles. Even in Japan, a lot of Switch VNs are digital only. Cartridges are expensive.
So IFI's 'we're thinking about you' does not inspire me with confidence.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I think it's highly likely that otome moving to switch is going to be cost prohibitive for some titles. Even in Japan, a lot of Switch VNs are digital only. Cartridges are expensive.
So IFI's 'we're thinking about you' does not inspire me with confidence.
As much as I would prefer a physical edition, I would take digital only.

Other than Mary Skelter 2, are any of the current remaining Compile Heart games viable for localization? The ones left are that Azur Lane that is not dated for Japan yet, the Pixie and Clanpool Vita games, and several games with that pink seal thing . I am guessing the games in the later category would need a lot of changes now so I wonder if IFI would just do a hard pass on them all.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Any unlocalized Vita title will be left unlocalized, I don't think there's anything left for Idea Factory International. Well, other than the Neptunia Rebirth PS4 port.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would prefer a physical edition, I would take digital only.

Other than Mary Skelter 2, are any of the current remaining Compile Heart games viable for localization? The ones left are that Azur Lane that is not dated for Japan yet, the Pixie and Clanpool Vita games, and several games with that pink seal thing . I am guessing the games in the later category would need a lot of changes now so I wonder if IFI would just do a hard pass on them all.

Unless the game is low budget or has already been translated before, I don't think digital only would be viable.

Yeah, Azur Lane and another Date a Live game. By the time IFI is done localizing all the games they've just announced, CH is going to churn out 239472974 more titles.