• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
My first run just ended against the first boss, there was no way of winning that one. There's a lot about the game and it's systems that are unclear to me.

Get accustomed to putting your cursor over the boss and seeing what their skills are. Some only work in x range or if you move next to them and so on.
For the first boss, the adds grant him shields that expire over time, so it's a good idea to wipe out the adds and wait for the shields to fade.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Get accustomed to putting your cursor over the boss and seeing what their skills are. Some only work in x range or if you move next to them and so on.
For the first boss, the adds grant him shields that expire over time, so it's a good idea to wipe out the adds and wait for the shields to fade.
I killed the minions with one Daughter left and the boss went fucking berserk and I couldn't keep track of what the hell happened as it obliterated her.
Still waiting for the increased text size patch but really itching to get back into this on PS4.
They just put out a hotfix patch today on all platforms increasing UI text size.

Beta update branch

Princess Bubblegum

Oct 25, 2017
For those of you that are not on the Discord server, there's a beta for the next big patch.
steamcommunity.com

Public Beta Branch - Dream Update :: Othercide General Discussions

Hi everyone, In order to prepare the release of our next major update, introducing a new difficulty mode, the Dream mode, as well as a bunch of new features and many fixes and improvements, we're releasing a public Beta branch. This will give you access to an early version of the update for...
Patch log
  • The Dream mode is now available!
    • This is a less punitive mode, in which the daughters are healed for a portion of their HP every day. You get a free resurrection token as well at the beginning of each recollection.
  • Auras traits
    • A new type of traits giving bonus or penalty to adjacent allies and enemies.
  • Auras events
    • New events creating auras on daughters depending on their placements.
  • General balancing
  • A lot of bug fixes and improvements.

We'll share a more detailed patch log soon. We can't wait to get your feedback about this new update.

Have fun!
I highly recommend joining the Discord and sharing feedback with the dev team.
steamcommunity.com

Join us on Discord! :: Othercide General Discussions

Hey everyone! We've got an active community and dev team on the official Othercide Discord, so if you enjoyed your time in the game or are looking for more info, make sure to join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/P3DesUr Cheers, Othercide Team

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
www.nintendo.co.uk

Othercide

Descend into Humanity’s last hope. The Daughters, echoes of the greatest warrior to ever live, are all who stand before Suffering and death.
20% off until September 24th.

Princess Bubblegum

Oct 25, 2017
I've been underwhelmed. Barely even played it since some bugs have yet to be fixed nor QoL enhancements implemented. The developers bit off more than they can chew. From what I can tell, the Switch port isn't exactly a disaster but it seems like all hands are currently on deck getting that closer to the other consoles in terms of performance/visuals on top of getting it caught up with the other consoles and PC patch wise.

buset

Jul 25, 2018
I've been underwhelmed. Barely even played it since some bugs have yet to be fixed nor QoL enhancements implemented. The developers bit off more than they can chew. From what I can tell, the Switch port isn't exactly a disaster but it seems like all hands are currently on deck getting that closer to the other consoles in terms of performance/visuals on top of getting it caught up with the other consoles and PC patch wise.

Its super frustrating, I love the GAME but not all the janky framerate, hiccups and small (but frustrating) bugs, really hoping for a patch.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might dive back into this since I've seen notifications for a few patches on my PS4 lately. Anyone else return to it lately?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Was just about to post that. Another mission type does tempt me to return to the game and try to finish it

Princess Bubblegum

Oct 25, 2017
New content is nice but I just want bug fixes and QoL improvements. The devs have no idea what is happening in regards to enemies sometimes spawning as "invisible" last time a dev chimed in regarding that on Discord.

Princess Bubblegum

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently some persistent bugs like enemies sometimes hitting sisters beyond their attack range weren't addressed by the latest patch. This shit should have been early access. T_T

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing the game today and I'm really enjoying it. Feels like 2020's Mutant Year Zero: an XCOM-esque game with it's own twists that kinda came out of nowhere. Surprised it wasn't talked about more.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
75% off on Xbox:

Buy Othercide | Xbox

As Humanity’s last hope, lead your army to combat in an intricate dance of spectacular actions and counters, using an original Dynamic Timeline System, and face fearsome bosses in epic battles. • Lead, evolve and sacrifice your army of Daughters • Outsmart nightmarish creatures in a stunning...

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Got it in the recent Xbox sale. Really enjoying it. Very fun atm, just beat first boss.