• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

OscarK I dont know who else to tag, but the Xbox team should get on top of this, and also see about increasing display refresh rate to 1080p 240Hz, 1080p 360hz or even 1080p 480Hz if possible. Lowering input latency will make the Xbox Series compete with PC in numbers instead of other consoles.

hothardware.com

Buckle Up Because 480Hz Gaming Monitors Are Coming For Desktops And Laptops

Today's monitors top out at 360Hz, but even faster gaming displays are right around the corner.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

OscarK I dont know who else to tag, but the Xbox team should get on top of this, and also see about increasing display refresh rate to 1080p 240Hz, 1080p 360hz or even 1080p 480Hz if possible. Lowering input latency will make the Xbox Series compete with PC in numbers instead of other consoles.

hothardware.com

Buckle Up Because 480Hz Gaming Monitors Are Coming For Desktops And Laptops

Today's monitors top out at 360Hz, but even faster gaming displays are right around the corner.

Hdmi 2.1 can only go to 240hz at 1440p afaik even if it theoretically has the bandwidth for 1080/480hz it's capped at 240. Seeing as Xbox doesn't have DisplayPort yeeeeaah. 240hz support would be interesting though

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Just thought of something I should've asked in my previous post.

If the person I game shared with seems to be fully moving to PC, should I still put their account as Home on my Series X? I bought most of the games anyway so would that change anything if I didn't or would I lose anything by making my account the Home one now?

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Just ordered a series S from Antonline ebay for $240 plus had a $30 code to throw on top, $226 total with tax. Also came with a one month GPU ultimate code but MS pretty much gives those away.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need some help with Lords of Shadow 2.

This game is freezing on me in the EXACT same spot and I have no clue how to proceed.

In the fight against Death/Zobek during the final sequence he shields himself with his "tail" like weapon and you need to use your mist form to approach him for the final kill. EVERY time I've done this thus far the game freezes requiring me to do the fight yet again. Anyone deal with this themselves?

Jan 7, 2021
So, I played all of Halo 1 with a friend yesterday, and ugh. How do you guys feel about the series s controller?

I'm primary a ps5 player, and going from the duelsense felt like such a downgrade. I skipped the Xbone gen (Was a huge xbox 360 fan) and it feels like there hasn't been much of an ungrade at all since then.

It gets the job done, just wish there was more to it.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
So, I played all of Halo 1 with a friend yesterday, and ugh. How do you guys feel about the series s controller?

I'm primary a ps5 player, and going from the duelsense felt like such a downgrade. I skipped the Xbone gen (Was a huge xbox 360 fan) and it feels like there hasn't been much of an ungrade at all since then.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. I've always found the Xbox controller to be perfect since the 360 gen and I'm happy they have kept the same design and formula. I personally use the elite series 2 because paddles are a real game changer. I haven't tried the dualsense yet though. Are you just missing haptics or the symmetrical sticks?

Jan 7, 2021
If it's not broke, don't fix it. I've always found the Xbox controller to be perfect since the 360 gen and I'm happy they have kept the same design and formula. I personally use the elite series 2 because paddles are a real game changer. I haven't tried the dualsense yet though. Are you just missing haptics or the symmetrical sticks?

Yeah. I would probably say that's the case. It does feel nice to have in the hand, I guess I just wish there was more to it like the duel sense.

Oct 28, 2017
Quick Resume is feeling more like the killer feature I always hoped it would be but which was pretty spotty for the first year or so. What's the current maximum of titles than can be held in memory? I think I had 11 yesterday, 3 were SX, 2 were 360 and the rest were XB1. Maybe one of the SX was just suspended though, not sure how it works.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Hit major problems tonight with Resident Evil updates. Because they are all X copies know my internal storage maxed out. These titles were sitting on external.

So I started moving things around and deleting. Why does everything you press B to go back you go home or into an app? I had YouTube open and everytime I managed storage I would get sent back to YouTube videos.

Weird. It looks like some of the titles got upgraded on the external after it said the internal was full?

It's definitely a scenario that is complex. Upgrade enhanced and leave on external is what is prefer, let me move if wanted.

Last edited:

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Does the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (the newly remastered versions) support Auto-HDR?

I game mostly on PS5 (and for many years on PS4), and I prefer how the DualSense feels on my hands. But the Series controller has one ergonomic advantage and it is that I can tap the dpad with my right thumb without having to take it off the right stick.

When the next gen versions of Doom Eternal came out last year, I finished the PS5 and Xbox versions back to back and I vastly preferred the Xbox controller for it because switching weapon mods or grenade types was easier because taking your thumbs of the sticks for even one seconds means certain death on higher difficulties.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna set up my One S as the family console today, so we can play Turtles in local multiplayer, and keep my Series S as my personal console, and just wanna make sure I'm doing this right lol.
I have my One S as my home console, and I'm just signed in to my Series S with the same Xbox account. Do I just make another Xbox account for everyone else who'll be playing on the One S with me?

Also, when it comes to Game Pass Ultimate, can someone play the games from my sub on their own account on the home console/One S, or would they have to just log in with my account and just make a new save file?

Finally, how does LAN play work? Can I play MCC on my Series S via GPU, and then other people play my physical copy on the One S?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna set up my One S as the family console today, so we can play Turtles in local multiplayer, and keep my Series S as my personal console, and just wanna make sure I'm doing this right lol.
I have my One S as my home console, and I'm just signed in to my Series S with the same Xbox account. Do I just make another Xbox account for everyone else who'll be playing on the One S with me?

Also, when it comes to Game Pass Ultimate, can someone play the games from my sub on their own account on the home console/One S, or would they have to just log in with my account and just make a new save file?

Finally, how does LAN play work? Can I play MCC on my Series S via GPU, and then other people play my physical copy on the One S?
Yes
Yes
They don't need the physical

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Basically with GPU you can play anywhere you want on your account. Xbox, pc, even streaming. Others may play on the home console that has your entitlements, on their own account, and play with you simultaneously.
Does that work with games outside of GPU that I own, or would I need to buy those again? So say I want to play some Chaos Theory LAN co-op.

I've never really played around with having multiple accounts on consoles before, so I'm never sure how they work. The closest thing I've done is set up a second PS3 account to play Fuse in splitscreen, and then we used that second account on PS4 to have a save/profile each on Overwatch lol.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Does that work with games outside of GPU that I own, or would I need to buy those again? So say I want to play some Chaos Theory LAN co-op.

I've never really played around with having multiple accounts on consoles before, so I'm never sure how they work. The closest thing I've done is set up a second PS3 account to play Fuse in splitscreen, and then we used that second account on PS4 to have a save/profile each on Overwatch lol.
I'm pretty sure it works with purchased games, as those games are playable by others on the home console, but I can't say for sure as I've only used game pass games. It probably works the same way.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure it works with purchased games, as those games are playable by others on the home console, but I can't say for sure as I've only used game pass games. It probably works the same way.
Sweet, thanks.
It's no big deal if it doesn't, because Splinter Cell games are on sale every other week anyways lmao.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
You're correct, purchased games work like that too. GamePass followed it.

Exceptions are stuff like Destiny 2 and F2P currencies.

Jan 7, 2021
How do I make it so that the game volume only comes out of my tv and not my headphones?

Was trying to play Gears of war with a buddy of mine yesterday and it was hard to hear him and the game at the same time.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
im using the x on a 1440p monitor set to that resolution and when im playing the new teenage mutant ninja turtles game the UI switches to 4k and stays that way until i turn the console off. Really weird, but i do wonder why it doesnt supports the high ress UI at 1440p ress by default. It looks so much better

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I got my series s second hand. So I never went through the whole guide thing in the beginning. I just deleted the old account that the previous owner had and downloading my account that I had on the xbox 30.
Somewhere in the Guide (press the Xbox button on the controller) under audio tab there should be like a volume control or party mix thing that lets you slide to be more voice chat boosted or game audio boosted in your headphones.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I know. Hdmi 2.1 spec seems to only allow for 1440p and 1080p 240hz. Maximum. 360hz and 480hz wouldn't happen bc of hdmi limitations

Yeah, forgot it isn't like Displayport.
Seems I was wrong

They do have DSC. So 4K 240 may be possible 👀

They should for this
arstechnica.com

Samsung brings 240 Hz refresh rates to 4K monitors

The Odyssey Neo G8 32" may be the first 4K monitor with a 240 Hz refresh rate.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So is there really no way anymore to get DTS for home theatre as a option?
I am reading abit back. As not so long ago you could if you set the audio options on the xbox to bitstream out. But the whole audio section is changed and you cant do that anymore. Resulting in not getting DTS option anymore. Am i missing something?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
So is there really no way anymore to get DTS for home theatre as a option?
I am reading abit back. As not so long ago you could if you set the audio options on the xbox to bitstream out. But the whole audio section is changed and you cant do that anymore. Resulting in not getting DTS option anymore. Am i missing something?
What do you see under the 'Speaker Audio' section in settings -> General -> Volume & audio output?

I have DTS unbound and see both 'DTS Digital Surround' and 'DTS:X for home theatre (HDMI only)'

Also, how is your Xbox connected to your surround system? If it's not direct it could be that your TV isn't advertising that it supports DTS and the system won't let you select it.