• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
1 gift from bmfrosty

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from bmfrosty bmfrosty!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

bmfrosty said:
Bought another controller. Came with a 15 day code. Tried to extend my game pass by 15 days, but it was a no go, so it's here.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Xbox series X/S Xbox series X/S: 15 Day XBOX Game Pass Ultimate - New Subs Only - Won by That1GoodHunter That1GoodHunter (1 entry)

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Hoping for another FPS boost drop soon. Darksiders II and III, REALLY need that 60fps boost.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
If I already have GPU, what's the cheapest way to extend it? Is it still wait for a sale and buy 3 month cards for $30? This is assuming that I'm not going to cancel for 6 months so that I can buy 3 years of gold at $60/year and then upgrade for $1.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
If I already have GPU, what's the cheapest way to extend it? Is it still wait for a sale and buy 3 month cards for $30? This is assuming that I'm not going to cancel for 6 months so that I can buy 3 years of gold at $60/year and then upgrade for $1.
yeah or roll the dice and go through the slow process of adding those 7 day GPU codes off eneba for like $1 a pop

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Newbie question but google is being unhelpful; if I uninstall a game from my Series S, it keeps the save data right? When I press the leftmost button it says "uninstall all" and includes the save data in that, whereas if I press the right button the dropdown gives me the option to uninstall the game.

I have Game Pass Ultimate, which I think has cloud saves, if that helps.

Edit: Oh and I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I can redownload anything from Games with Gold as long as I've claimed it, right? That never goes away?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Oh and I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I can redownload anything from Games with Gold as long as I've claimed it, right? That never goes away?

Yes. You need your Gold/GPU sub to play those games, except for OG and 360 games, they are yours and can be played without the sub.

I have Game Pass Ultimate, which I think has cloud saves, if that helps.

You don't need Gold or GamePass for cloud saves, it's a free service for any Xbox user. Basically, if you console is connected to Internet the saves are always uploaded to MS servers.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. You need your Gold/GPU sub to play those games, except for OG and 360 games, they are yours and can be played without the sub.

You don't need Gold or GamePass for cloud saves, it's a free service for any Xbox user. Basically, if you console is connected to Internet the saves are always uploaded to MS servers.
Oh good. I was deeply worried I just deleted my Yakuza: LaD clear file lol

Thanks

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
yeah or roll the dice and go through the slow process of adding those 7 day GPU codes off eneba for like $1 a pop
Looking at them, I feel like it's a good way to get a credit card or identity stolen.

I think I've been overvaluing Game Pass Ultimate. I've downloaded a bunch of games off of it on GPU, but I can't say I've really played them much. I don't have a Window Gaming PC, and I'm not using Xcloud for anything. Maybe I should just use XBLG or nothing at all for a while. I think if I let GPU lapse either way, I'll eventually be able to do the $1 deal again. If my Borderlands group (currently going through #2 on the Switch) gets to the point where we're going to play through #3 on XBOX, I can just sign up for gold, and do the upgrade thing once I hit the 6 month mark.

Frankly, I'm a one game at a time type of guy (with some exceptions like Mario Kart for multiplayer with friends), and unless I'm buying 3 full price games a year that would be on the service, I'm starting to believe it's not worth the money.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Looking at them, I feel like it's a good way to get a credit card or identity stolen.

I think I've been overvaluing Game Pass Ultimate. I've downloaded a bunch of games off of it on GPU, but I can't say I've really played them much. I don't have a Window Gaming PC, and I'm not using Xcloud for anything. Maybe I should just use XBLG or nothing at all for a while. I think if I let GPU lapse either way, I'll eventually be able to do the $1 deal again. If my Borderlands group (currently going through #2 on the Switch) gets to the point where we're going to play through #3 on XBOX, I can just sign up for gold, and do the upgrade thing once I hit the 6 month mark.

Frankly, I'm a one game at a time type of guy (with some exceptions like Mario Kart for multiplayer with friends), and unless I'm buying 3 full price games a year that would be on the service, I'm starting to believe it's not worth the money.
Haha I bought like 9 codes off it to top off and they were all fine! Some people said some codes didn't work for them, but who knows. It's legit though :p

I like GPU because I do have a XSX and PC and use streaming from time to time (especially for Rewards). I don't love paying for online, but I kind of ignore the Gold aspect as GPU is still cheaper than PC and Console game pass combined. I can see why it's not the best value for you though!

JYOUNG188

Nov 3, 2017
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I just recently downloaded the PC version of Like a Dragon and have been playing it on the Series X for about 25 hours already. Is there a manual way to push the save from the console to the PC? My PC instance of the game has an older save from a day ago and I can't see the more recent save I did today. Thanks in advance for any advice.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Might be a stupid question but you still have to watch out for your ssd to be at most 90% full like the ssds of the past?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
just got a firmware update for the controller, anyone know what that is about?

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018

For some reason, these big companies like MS and Apple keep offering this blue-light mode nonsense even though there is no scientific proof that restricting blue light at night does anything - other than placebo, that is. Watching at a screen before sleep can affect you, but blue light most likely has nothing to do with it. It's up there with PC filter glasses.

Other than that, this seems like a nice option to have and a cool update.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Why is the UI almost never smooth when you running a game? Im on series x and everytime i run a game and pressing the xbox button i can feel the laggy menus

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Does Xbox have a shareplay equivalent? Me and my friend like doing co-op career on FIFA, in the past we've used Parsec on PC and shareplay on PS4.

Just wondering if a similar feature exists on Xbox? Since he's buying an Xbox Series X.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Does Xbox have a shareplay equivalent? Me and my friend like doing co-op career on FIFA, in the past we've used Parsec on PC and shareplay on PS4.

Just wondering if a similar feature exists on Xbox? Since he's buying an Xbox Series X.
They would have to put their system as your account home system, and also have their account signed in. You can have your account signed in on your system. That should work, unless I've missed something.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
They would have to put their system as your account home system, and also have their account signed in. You can have your account signed in on your system. That should work, unless I've missed something.
No, not gameshare. Shareplay, as in online couch co-op, like PS4/5 has and Parsec/Steam allow on the PC.

Guessing no? I can't see to find anything online :(

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I almost had a heart attack. I turned off my series x but after a min or 2 the power button on the console started blinking twice every second. I pressed the power button to shut down and turned back on and it worked. Everyone knows what was that?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Will they ever fix the crackling audio when using a 3.5mm headset? Its pretty annoying. Its happening in games and on the dash too sometimes

Kolle

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Is it normal that I don't get notifications when a game has been updated? I was waiting for a patch for the Ascent because HDR wasn't working and looking now under File info, it says it was updated 3 days ago but never I got a notification.

Lengusta

Banned
May 23, 2021
Is it normal that I don't get notifications when a game has been updated? I was waiting for a patch for the Ascent because HDR wasn't working and looking now under File info, it says it was updated 3 days ago but never I got a notification.

Yes

I almost had a heart attack. I turned off my series x but after a min or 2 the power button on the console started blinking twice every second. I pressed the power button to shut down and turned back on and it worked. Everyone knows what was that?

I think it does that when it's checking for updates

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Will they ever fix the crackling audio when using a 3.5mm headset? Its pretty annoying. Its happening in games and on the dash too sometimes
It's super annoying - it seem some headsets are worse off than others. In my Bose it is extremely pronounced - In my Sony, I barely notice it at all.

Oh, and how come there is no soft-volume setting in the dashboard? I have to turn volume up and down pr. game, which is super annoying (and not possible in some).

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
I don't know if there was a system update recently, but now audio will literally drop or disconnect when using the turtle beach wireless headset I bought like 7 months ago, which has never happened before, any way to know if its the console or the headset?

The headset uses the unique xbox wireless connection.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
anyone else having to re-sign in to wifi network every time they boot up? happened to me 3 times today (from cold boot)...

it's like the console's not remembering the network info...

Patrese86

Jun 6, 2021
XSX is still rarer than diamonds in the UK

😥
I've been trying and it's crazy. One goes up on MS store and it's gone in 2 or 3 seconds. Curry's had some and you couldn't checkout.

The Series X is so much more in demand than the S that it feels like MS have dropped a bollock by manufacturing more series s consoles than demand has called for.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying and it's crazy. One goes up on MS store and it's gone in 2 or 3 seconds. Curry's had some and you couldn't checkout.

The Series X is so much more in demand than the S that it feels like MS have dropped a bollock by manufacturing more series s consoles than demand has called for.
Yeah, it's easy as hell to find a Series S. My mate got one, but I only want the Series X.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017

No, sadly it does not. Shareplay is not really talked about a lot, but it's a killer feature for sure.

Just the other day I was playing SoR4 with a mate and his GF. It was almost as if we were all together.

Patrese86

Jun 6, 2021
Just managed to get one on the ms store. Bank declined my payment but it still went through, also got an email and checked my orders on my ms account and it's in there so hopefully all is good!

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
anyone else having to re-sign in to wifi network every time they boot up? happened to me 3 times today (from cold boot)...

it's like the console's not remembering the network info...
This used to happen to me almost every time I'd turn my Series X on as well. And then at some point, as randomly as that started to happen, it randomly stopped and hasn't happened in a while.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
Given how aggravating it was to find a Series X, I'd almost prefer that Microsoft go the Steam Deck way with the X2 (or whatever it will be called eventually) and be the sole retailer for a while at launch. They could require a Microsoft account refuse to sell more than 1 per account or credit card. You'd still get scalpers, but they could do other things as well to mitigate the issue.

Just knowing that I have a Steam Deck arriving Q1 of next year will help me resist the temptation of scalpers on craigslist and ebay this December.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Picked up Splinter Cell Double Agent on sale, the OG Xbox version. I've only never played the 360 version, and I hear OG is the better version.

The game looks CRISP on Series S. Very impressed with the visuals.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Does anyone here stream to twitch with a Series X/S with an external capture card?

I want to stream some games with a webcam and USB mic, but the latter isn't supported natively.

I am looking at the cheap capture cards on amazon

something like this

But I need it to have x2 HDMI out - one for my PC (OBS) and one to play the game on. Going by the picture this seems to be correct?

EXXo

Nov 12, 2019
Manchester
Does anyone here stream to twitch with a Series X/S with an external capture card?

I want to stream some games with a webcam and USB mic, but the latter isn't supported natively.

I am looking at the cheap capture cards on amazon

something like this

But I need it to have x2 HDMI out - one for my PC (OBS) and one to play the game on. Going by the picture this seems to be correct?
I stream with Elgato 4k60 in my PC

Tbf I prefer streaming multiplats from Xbox or PC due to it having dual audio output so I can still get my Dolby Atmos audio while streaming on PC.

With Playstation I have to output my audio on my PC which loses any 3D Audio etc including a 0.1 second delay which is off putting.