• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 14, 2017
If it's a smart delivery title it should update to the XSX version even if it's on the hdd. If it requires to be played on the SSD (not all enhanced games do) then it will prompt you to transfer/show an icon in your library.

No need to prepare for anything. It's all plug and play, saves transfer via the cloud. It'll be seamless.
I just found out moving from Series S to Series X with the external SSD storage that when you start a Series XS game, it alerts you to an upgrade and asks if you want to download it.

Oct 31, 2017
Just got a xsx a few days ago. I can't believe it's been 10+ years since I played the 360. Only problem I have is the sound of the buttons on controller. It's waking my wife at night. Any ideas?

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
My Series X controller RB stopped working. I disassembled it and saw that the plastic pin that is supposed to hit the switch when you press the button is broken. It's an easy fix if I have the piece. Where can I buy a replacement LB RB part?

mistur niceguy

Engineer, Xbox Networking
Verified
Feb 20, 2018
When upgrading to a sX from 1x, do I need to prep anything? Does the 1x need to be on plugged in during sX setup?
The 1X only needs to be plugged in if you want to use the Network Transfer feature to copy games to the Series X over the home network. But that would be after initial setup on the new Xbox, not during.

Oct 25, 2017
Question for those with All Access, I have an All Access Series X coming from GameStop tomorrow, and I was wondering how the game pass redemption works, is it just a code in the box?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Question for those with All Access, I have an All Access Series X coming from GameStop tomorrow, and I was wondering how the game pass redemption works, is it just a code in the box?
I don't have All Access but I know there is no code. It's given to you during set up of your Xbox to redeem to your account, or to hold off on redemption. If you do not come across any GPU redemption offer then you will need to contact Citizens One or whomever the credit company is for you.

MrGlugi

Nov 13, 2017
Hi all,
I've been recently wondering if there is any reason to get Series X if I already have decent gaming PC (RTX 3090, Ryzen 5900X, 32GB 3733MHz RAM, 2.5TB NVMe) & PS5? I guess I kind of want a new shiny toy, but in the end it won't get much use. Started previous generation with One, PS4 and PC, but it seems that with current MS policy every new game from MS Studios will also land on Windows. And there are only handful of BC games that I'd (re)play (I just barely have enough time to keep up with new releases I'm interested in 😅)

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a headset recommendations for something that works with both my PC and Xbox SX. Probably just wired as I was looking at the new Xbox wireless headset and don't really want to deal with connection issues and battery life problems. Want something which will last and comfortable, $100-200 range.
Pc38x

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017

No. It's embedded "in the console" as it were. Go into setting/subscriptions and you'll see an option saying something like "included in this Xbox". Something like that.

I already have 2 yrs stacked so have left it unredeemed as I have until next summer to do so.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hi all,
I've been recently wondering if there is any reason to get Series X if I already have decent gaming PC (RTX 3090, Ryzen 5900X, 32GB 3733MHz RAM, 2.5TB NVMe) & PS5? I guess I kind of want a new shiny toy, but in the end it won't get much use. Started previous generation with One, PS4 and PC, but it seems that with current MS policy every new game from MS Studios will also land on Windows. And there are only handful of BC games that I'd (re)play (I just barely have enough time to keep up with new releases I'm interested in 😅)
If you prefer playing on a big screen with proper HDR and all that jazz. Game pass on console is different than PC, too, by a little bit. Otherwise, if you like being on PC then no there's no point really.

I got mine despite having a 3060ti/5600x machine because I was tired of being as the desk all the time and wanted to use my TV more.

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all,

I got a decent gaming PC. I got a series s just cause it's so cheap. PLus I am looking to upgrade my GPU and I just wanted something new in the meantime. No real regrets, but I do end up gaming on my PC over the xbox very often, just cause my library size and mouse and keyboard support is not in quite a few games on consoles still.

One clear advantage is playing older gen games that you either don't own on PC or never came out on PC. You won't get those games on game pass, except on console game pass.

I guess the only thing I slightly regret is getting the S over the X. I really just impulse bought so I didn't even know the differences lol, and in the end IDC, but I guess the X is worth the extra money.

MrGlugi

Nov 13, 2017
If you prefer playing on a big screen with proper HDR and all that jazz. Game pass on console is different than PC, too, by a little bit. Otherwise, if you like being on PC then no there's no point really.

I got mine despite having a 3060ti/5600x machine because I was tired of being as the desk all the time and wanted to use my TV more.

That's a good point, thanks! However I've already dealt with that 😅 I have replicated my set of cables (basically it's just HDMI & power plug) both in my office and next to my CX in the living room. And since those rooms are next to each other it isn't too much hustle to move my PC around. I primarily game with Xbox controller on PC anyway, so no problems playing on the couch. I guess I'll stick to the PC, thanks for the response 😊

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Hi all,
with that pc, probably not.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Just got a xsx a few days ago. I can't believe it's been 10+ years since I played the 360. Only problem I have is the sound of the buttons on controller. It's waking my wife at night. Any ideas?

That is bothering me too. I don't know why the click noises are so extremely loud, like what were they thinking?

It's a fantastic controller otherwise. MS really nailed the controller design from the Xbox 360 onwards.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No code, it's called Digital Direct now. It'll be on the console and you should get a prompt during setup but if not it's in the settings and you can just redeem it.

www.xbox.com

Digital Direct | Xbox

Redeem digital content including games, subscriptions and exclusive content to your Xbox console with your Microsoft account. No codes required.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to default everything to the FPS boost when available?
Just loaded up Gears of War 4 to 30fps. Ugh I never want to go back.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
FPS boost is on by default, the exception is for titles that have had their one x enhancements removed to achieve it, so you have to toggle it on yourself.

Just highlight the game, go to contents and enable fps boost

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
That is bothering me too. I don't know why the click noises are so extremely loud, like what were they thinking?

It's a fantastic controller otherwise. MS really nailed the controller design from the Xbox 360 onwards.
It's actually quite funny because the console is dead silent, while the controller is supper clicky and noisy...

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC

I assume you are on Series X? Gears 4 already has a 60fps mode, just look for the video options inside the game. It's probably better to use the in-game option, so that multiplayer still runs at 4k 60fps instead of 1080p.

I don't know of any option to default to FPS boost always.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
FPS boost is on by default, the exception is for titles that have had their one x enhancements removed to achieve it, so you have to toggle it on yourself.

Just highlight the game, go to contents and enable fps boost
I assume you are on Series X? Gears 4 already has a 60fps mode, just look for the video options inside the game. It's probably better to use the in-game option, so that multiplayer still runs at 4k 60fps instead of 1080p.

I don't know of any option to default to FPS boost always.
Ok great thanks!
I just can't believe how bad 30fps plays now that I'm used to 60fps.
Nervous about future titles not giving us options.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Ok great thanks!
I just can't believe how bad 30fps plays now that I'm used to 60fps.
Nervous about future titles not giving us options.

No worries.

I wouldn't be too nervous about getting 60fps modes on Series X. Take Forza Horizon 5 as an example. With CPUs this powerful, games shouldn't be bottlenecked, so it would mainly be a task of tweaking visual settings to get the game running at 60 or even 120fps. Pretty much every Series X game should also be coming to PC, so they will be optimizing games for 60+fps regardless, and probably want to hit that for slower cpus than that.

And I agree about 30fps. I was playing the new Ratchet and Clank on PS5 over the weekend, and it just felt like mollases playing at 30fps. It's so tempting to dial settings up, but it only takes a few minutes for me to revert back to 60 fps.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all,

Your PC isn't merely decent, it's practically the best hardware you can buy.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing, thank you!

Edit: Woah, and same to DJ Lushious, too, that thread is an incredible work.
Thanks for the kind words!

With today's update, the total number of enhanced games is now recorded at 990 Xbox One X and/or Series X|S titles, 39 Xbox 360 titles, and 40 OG Xbox titles. Factor in some margin of error, for certain, but that's still over 1,000 games that are improved in some way; it's quite a large number to wrap one's mind around!

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions for wireless headset for Series X?

I already have turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2... but I'm not totally happy with it. I feel like it lacks volume? Some games sound overly quiet in a way that's not an issue on the PS5 with the PS5 headset. A good example is RE8 which sounds *very* overly quiet on this headset. Not sure why.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to snag a Series X on Best Buy online but now I'm trying to decide if I really have a use for it since I already have a very capable PC with Game Pass.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Hi all,

There are more games on console game pass compared to just PC game pass. You can get rewards points on Xbox, and you won't have to deal with the lackluster Windows 10 store / Xbox app if you get the Series X.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Anyone here is using a Series S with a 4K screen? What is your experience?

I hoped that my PC would completely take over my Game pass needs but it's not the same. I long for Xbox console experience. At the same time, I can't really justify having a nice laptop, PS5 and a Series X so I'm thinking about a Series S to use either with my PC monitor (1080p 144hz) or 4k TV.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Quick Resume is game changing. I feel like I need to make a thread.

Having a Forza Horizon Suite where I quickly snap between maps 2-4 is god tier gaming.

Sep 7, 2020

Having a Forza Horizon Suite where I quickly snap between maps 2-4 is god tier gaming.
Yeah, I love quick resume. I am working on a few games now (switching between hollowknight, Doom eternal, Chiv 2, and control) and I love the ability to just jump back in with my game like I never left.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Anyone here is using a Series S with a 4K screen? What is your experience?

I hoped that my PC would completely take over my Game pass needs but it's not the same. I long for Xbox console experience. At the same time, I can't really justify having a nice laptop, PS5 and a Series X so I'm thinking about a Series S to use either with my PC monitor (1080p 144hz) or 4k TV.

I use my Series S with my Sony X900H, and it's pretty great. Most of the games I play are 1080p, but many run at higher resolutions so the higher resolution of the TV is not wasted and the console always outputs at 2160p anyway regardless of internal resolution.

I also feel that the real reason to play a Series S on a TV as opposed to a monitor is HDR, since AutoHDR enhances so many BC games, and in general most monitors either don't have HDR or it isn't as good due to the lower overall contrast.

Quick Resume is so good it's really jarring when games don't support it. I was playing Going Under yesterday and was pretty surprised to see it didn't support it. It'd be perfect for it.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quick Resume is so good it's really jarring when games don't support it. I was playing Going Under yesterday and was pretty surprised to see it didn't support it. It'd be perfect for it.
Sadly, most of the time it's disabled on newer games until Xbox staff test it works well I guess.
It can be enabled later.

Would be great if it was enabled by default, at worst the game crashes or is unresponsive and we would have to relaunch it.

Sep 7, 2020
Sadly, most of the time it's disabled on newer games until Xbox staff test it works well I guess.
It can be enabled later.

Would be great if it was enabled by default, at worst the game crashes or is unresponsive and we would have to relaunch it.
I would assume many folks would be more upset if they had a bunch of crashes as opposed to it working smoothly from the start. It definitely sucks that it instantly implemented but I will take the trade off if I know that once its apart of the game that I won't have to worry too much that I will have crashes that constantly close out the game.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Should have a series X being delivered today. I have most of my games on an external HDD. I'm assuming I can just plug it in to the XSX and be good. Do Series X capable games (AC: Valhalla, Sea of Theives, etc...) automatically get updated to the series X version or do I need to redownload them?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Should have a series X being delivered today. I have most of my games on an external HDD. I'm assuming I can just plug it in to the XSX and be good. Do Series X capable games (AC: Valhalla, Sea of Theives, etc...) automatically get updated to the series X version or do I need to redownload them?

Games can/will automatically "upgrade" in some cases (it'll show that as the status while this happens) so you aren't starting from scratch, but others the system will just redownload the current-gen version. Keep in mind that "native" Series X/S games will want to be moved over to the internal storage before you can play them.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
In addition to what Gestault said you should watch out for games updating to Series X version and leaving the older version on your external storage. Only last night I had to delete an "old" copy of Doom Eternal from my external drive because the updated version had downloaded and installed on the internal SSD.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty annoyed that my right analog stick has some weird issue already, and it's been less than three months or whatever. If I'm moving the stick between 12 and 3, there's some weird hitch around the 2 o'clock position. While it isn't felt physically, it's detected 80% of the time in the same spot.

And if I'm holding the stick straight up, it goes back to neutral on its own (even though I'm still holding the stick).

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Hey everyone, I have a Series X and a TV that only supports 120 Hz at 1080p, so I was wondering if there was an easier way for to switch between 4k 60 and 1080p 120 when swapping between games without having to go into system settings every time. Is there a way that games can switch back to the 4K 60 Hz mode on their own? If I leave it at 1080p 120 Hz mode, I can't just switch to 4k in the game settings- it has to be on the system level.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Hey everyone, I have a Series X and a TV that only supports 120 Hz at 1080p, so I was wondering if there was an easier way for to switch between 4k 60 and 1080p 120 when swapping between games without having to go into system settings every time. Is there a way that games can switch back to the 4K 60 Hz mode on their own? If I leave it at 1080p 120 Hz mode, I can't just switch to 4k in the game settings- it has to be on the system level.
There's not. It's slow and clunky. It sucks

A per game settings menu would be incredible.