• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Is there an easy way to see all the summer game fest limited demos in one place? (Or an online list?)

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Got another question, will US xbox download codes for digital games work on UK account, or any way around it? Thanks

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Download speeds have always been inconsistent for me since launch, I'm on a Gigabit connection and on a good day I have a 500, 600mbps download speed but most of the time it hovers around 100, 200, with some downloads crawling as low as 20, and this is without anything running in the background. The speed test on the dashboard always gives me the full gigabit so I don't get it.
I feel like downloads from their servers are just slow or inconsistent in general. I see the same issues lately when trying to download gamepass app games on my PC, while other store fronts like Origin, Epic and Steam download at full speed.

Oct 28, 2017
Just set up my Series X. Do I need to have games installed to internal drive in order to recieve the Series X optimization? I also have a 2TB Seagate Hard Drive with 3.0 usb. Just a noob question.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Just set up my Series X. Do I need to have games installed to internal drive in order to recieve the Series X optimization? I also have a 2TB Seagate Hard Drive with 3.0 usb. Just a noob question.
Purely next gen optimized games like The Medium and Dirt 5, yes. There are some cross gen optimized titles like Gears 5 and Ori that should be playable on the external even with enhancements. They will be known as Gen9Aware in the app details.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Did the design lab just re-launch for the new Xbox controllers or something? Seeing a ton of stuff on Twitter all of a sudden.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was finally able to score a Series X, now how do I load up on GamePass for cheap (preferably Ultimate, but not necessary)?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hot diggity damn, thank you. Any deals out there on XBLG?
Target has B1G1 15% off for game sub cards, so a modest savings. Other places like Costco may have some fair prices.

Alternatively, you can buy Brazil codes off cdkeys or something and VPN to Brazil before adding them to your account to add basically $40 for 1 year codes

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Buying an external drive. 5TB. Going with a WD black p10
Any naysayers before I buy or alternatives?

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a Series X off Walmart. Got a PS5 around launch but I could no longer resist Gamepass. Have the $1 dollar a month for 3 months thing to try it out, pretty excited.

Oct 25, 2017
Buying an external drive. 5TB. Going with a WD black p10
Any naysayers before I buy or alternatives?
You're good if you favor storage amount over speed. A portable SSD is much nicer for reduced load times in BC games and much quicker transfer times for cold storage. If you don't mind the longer transfer times, that drive will be perfectly fine.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
You're good if you favor storage amount over speed. A portable SSD is much nicer for reduced load times in BC games and much quicker transfer times for cold storage. If you don't mind the longer transfer times, that drive will be perfectly fine.
I'm just getting a drive for mass storage, I'm fine with it being slower than ssd speeds. Sounds good I'll go with this

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks ya'll. Do I need to have the 3 years redeemed and then opt in for $1 (or is it $3) for GPU?
You need to not have Game Pass subscribed at the moment and then it will convert all your Gold time to GPU for 1$ (or 15$ if you had signed to GPU in the past).
I did the buy 3 years of Brazilian Xbox Live Gold, turn the VPN to Brazil, redeem the codes, turn off the VPN and then subscribe to GPU on Sunday without a problem.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
My XsX won't turn on anymore. That's my second XsX that I'll have to send in for repairs in a 2 month span and I can't say I'm pleased.

My Xss is running fine though.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I get the best bugs.

Games wouldn't load. Tried Valhalla and Gears which were quick resume. After a minute they took turns cycling loading because I alternated attempts to launch. Eventually Gears loads and the game won't register buttons, and bringing up the guide is invisible.

Sweet molasses.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I've been playing Death of the Outsider since it was added to gamepass and playing it on the Series S enriches the experience so much. Auto HDR really works very well since there's a lot of contrast with shadowed areas and light, as well as some pretty nice vistas. And FPS boost helps smoothen out a normally pretty heavy feeling game.

Also load times are incredibly short. Quick load is actually quick. By the time the loading screen appears, the prompt to press A to continue is already there.

I'd actually started playing it on PS5 a few weeks ago, and it runs at a higher resolution there (since it was enhanced for PS4 Pro), but I'd gladly take the hit in resolution in lieu of all these other niceties.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
I finally ordered a Series S after much thought. Series X is nowhere to be seen here in Argentina, at least not at a reasonable price (it is rumoured that stock will become available again during August, but at $1100).

The imminent arrival of Flight Simulator was the last straw. I got the S at about the average monthly salary (67.000 argentinean pesos, some $445), which is considerably less than what is being asked for the X or the PS5.

That said, I intend to keep my One X as a YouTube / Netflix / indie / non-optimized games machine for some years, as the limited storage of the Series S somewhat worries me. My current plan is to eventually sell them both to get the inevitable mid-gen refresh.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I get the best bugs.

Games wouldn't load. Tried Valhalla and Gears which were quick resume. After a minute they took turns cycling loading because I alternated attempts to launch. Eventually Gears loads and the game won't register buttons, and bringing up the guide is invisible.

Sweet molasses.
It's time for the warranty replacement

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just getting a drive for mass storage, I'm fine with it being slower than ssd speeds. Sounds good I'll go with this

That drive has worked great for me. I actually have my Series X setup with that 5TB Black and a Crucial 1 TB SSD. I have the Crucial setup as my default download location which is great as everything that will run off of it just downloads and everything that requires the internal NVME SSD pops up a prompt asking if I want to install internally instead. I keep all the S/X stuff I'm currently playing on the internal, all the BC stuff I'm currently playing on the Crucial SSD, and cold store what I'm not playing on the 5TB WD. Until today I had a refurb One X in the den for multiplayer play when my son is over visiting. Because of all the storage on my main machine, I rarely kept much on the One X and could often just use a network transfer instead of redownloading everything.

In my own good news, I took advantage of GameStop's current decent trade-in deals to trade in my refurb One X and my old 2013 launch XBONE that was in a box in the basement for credit to pick up a Series S to replace the refurb One X in the den along with also paying for MOST of my Mario Golf preorder.

That refurb One X is probably one of the best purchases I've ever made. It pulled me back into the Xbox ecosystem. It cost me $270 for the system, an extra controller, and a couple games. I got hundreds of hours of playtime out of it. Then today I traded it for $200 plus the $50 bonus towards the Series S. Plus, I still have the extra controller and the couple games.

Aloy38

Jul 31, 2020
Does anyone know where I can buy (UK) a new One X controller? I really don't like the series X controller, so was hoping to find a new (not used/refurnished) One X version, at a not exorbitant price! Has every site stopped selling them now?

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Does anyone know why I'm seeing screen tearing on a display that supports AMD FreeSync?

I just finished Outriders with not a screen tear in sight, that is until I completed its campaign and the endgame started.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
This is a dumb question...But is there anyway to wipe an Xbox if it won't turn on? I'd rather not have my account info on it when I send it in.

Aloy38

Jul 31, 2020
I'm still getting controller connection issues with my Series X. Whether it be the controller just randomly not pairing so I have to physically turn on the console and re-pair it, or the "controller disconnected" message popping up when I quick resume a game, meaning I have to kick the game off QR and load it up again.

So many issues with my SX that I never had with my One X :(

Lengusta

Banned
May 23, 2021
Is anyone who hasn't bought the expansion card yet considering getting one with all these games coming soon, my internal is a mix of enhanced and last gen games i want to load quicker at is already full

Last edited:
OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Aren't you on alpha ring? Probably software. If it was hardware I'd think it would have crashed completely

Alpha or skip, whatever the most unstable version is 😅

I think it's software because the weather/lighting changed and I've had one other clear bug. I was curious if this was a system hang due to game software or system software (maybe hardware was the wrong wording)

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Target is doing a buy one get one for 15% off of subscription cards.
Newegg has $100 Xbox gift card for $90 which I'm sure you can use to buy Gold with.

Minor discounts but it's something

Last Prime Day, Amazon had a deal where you could get up to 25% back on those gift cards if you paid with your Prime credit card. Unfortunately, many had issues with order cancellations due to suspected fraud and getting their account locked (including me). What a goddamn headache but worth it if you can pull through since you can use the Xbox gift card on hardware too (just gotta wait for Microsoft Store to restock on consoles...)

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Does anyone know why I'm seeing screen tearing on a display that supports AMD FreeSync?

I just finished Outriders with not a screen tear in sight, that is until I completed its campaign and the endgame started.
Here's the area in question:

After a bit of digging on the internet, turns out this isn't an isolated case. OUTRIDERS starts to tear as soon it introduces expedition mode, and it doesn't stop no matter the location or VRR support.

To those that are affected; rest easy because it's not your display, the game is bugged.

Last edit: Fixed it by chance, turn outs that 120fps mode resolves the horrendous screen tearing. I wonder why it doesn't work at 60fps for this game.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Today, all 4 games in Quick Resume on my Series S are unresponsive to controller input. I've only had this happen before with one game in particular (Dishonored) but today it seems to be happening with everything.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Today, all 4 games in Quick Resume on my Series S are unresponsive to controller input. I've only had this happen before with one game in particular (Dishonored) but today it seems to be happening with everything.
I had this happen to me with QRing to the MCC main screen. It had the server popup thing and I couldn't move my selection or make a selection at all. On XSX, stock OS.

I sent in a report so hopefully that gave them some useful diagnostics.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Hopefully someone can help with the following:

If I select 1080p/120fps and allow 4K for games and apps in the system settings, does it automatically switch to native resolution of x game?