• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
So I'm wondering if this is an issue with my Xbox, the frame rate for Warzone does not feel 60fps. At first I thought maybe I'm too used to 144hz on my computer, but when I look up in the game the frame rate is smooth (playing on a 65" 60hz TCL, so it's not going from 60 to 120 or anything). So clearly the choppiness is indeed poor frame rate as I suspected I just don't know why. If my Series X is fucked up or some setting may be causing this? Running 4kHDR, game mode on the TCL. This is base multiplayer too, not even Warzone.

Not sure if you've figured it out yet, but do you have your xbox set to 120hz when playing warzone? Warzone isn't optimized but it does unlock the frame rate and it hovers between 115 fps at times so It might end up feeling choppy.

Damage_inc

Dec 7, 2018
A tip for anyone with a 1080/ 120 tv, i have a LG OLED B7 which supports 120 fps only at 1080p, and in my series X i was not seeing any difference between 60 and 120 fps in cold war (after selecting 1080p ,120Hz in the video settings and in the game options i had enabled 120 Hz Refresh Rate), the trick for this to work is to uncheck "Allow 4K" in the video modes menu of the xbox video settings, after that i can clearly see the difference between 60 and 120 fps.

Beuntje

Oct 29, 2017
Tips on cleaning the console? Mine was close to the (dusty) ground for a couple of weeks, and now I'm worried it's got a lot of dust inside...

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a Series S to compliment my Series X the other day. It's mainly going to be used as a "travel console" and/or local multiplayer console. I know it's a bit excessive, but I got a decent deal on it so I'm not too fuzzed about it.

While I have somewhat of an idea of which games I want to install on the S (lots of indie games and small MP games), I'm wondering if there is a list somewhere that details the best Series S enhanced games? Any good recommendations?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I bought a Series S to compliment my Series X the other day. It's mainly going to be used as a "travel console" and/or local multiplayer console. I know it's a bit excessive, but I got a decent deal on it so I'm not too fuzzed about it.

While I have somewhat of an idea of which games I want to install on the S (lots of indie games and small MP games), I'm wondering if there is a list somewhere that details the best Series S enhanced games? Any good recommendations?
Games Featuring FPS Boost - Xbox's Major Nelson
Optimized For Series X|S - Xbox's Major Nelson

Lengusta

Banned
May 23, 2021
Haven't received one of these in a while

Xbox-Game-Streaming-Test-App-03-06-2021-20-38-14.png

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Oh right. I completely forgot about those pages. Already seeing a handful of games I'm going to install once the console arrives. Thanks!

One more question: Does anyone know what Resident Evil 7 runs like on Series? Is it basically the Xbox One (S) version?
Yeah it's the One S version on Series S.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Haven't received one of these in a while

Xbox-Game-Streaming-Test-App-03-06-2021-20-38-14.png

What a great nickname. I wonder if she had that since she was a baby, or if her friends came up with that in grade school. I always add a few numbers on the end of any nickname I give my friends. Like "What's up T-Bone634920458?" Makes them feel special.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Quick resume magic again.

Storm and lost power, unplugged. Plug in and get a patch and reboot. Launch Assassin's Creed Valhalla, disc bumps and it's right where I left the game.

When it works, it's 😘👌

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Anyone know if it's possible to use a DualShock 4 with the Xbox Game Streaming Windows app? I can't get it to work, either Wirelessly or wired.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
I am starting to hear some little audio cracks in-game like the ones the Xbox Series X does in the main menu, it starting to become annoying, since it seems to happen on a per game basis? its weird, Witcher 3 and Celeste are fine, but Mass effect legendary edition does cracks when resuming the game from suspended or when booting the game, after that its fine.

It also happens on a per game basis when taking a screenshot, Final Fantasy X cracks but ME legendary edition, Witcher 3 are fine.

I don´t know if its the headset I am using (Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2), but it only happens on my Xbox Series X, when using the headset with my cellphone no audio cracks have happened.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Tips on cleaning the console? Mine was close to the (dusty) ground for a couple of weeks, and now I'm worried it's got a lot of dust inside...

Blow through the intakes at the bottom? Not thought about dust tbh, I'm assuming they took that into account when they designed it. It should blow it up and out I'm guessing.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Got my Series X yesterday. First impressions:

• Setting up via the smartphone app was really good but even after it's all set up, the icon in the app still says I have no console set up
  • The console itself looks fantastic
  • GUI already experienced on my Xbone and I still prefer it over the previous version
  • Plugging in my external drives from the Xbone and having my games ready to go is awesome
  • Controller very disappointing. Feels solid enough but the plastic looks very cheap, the texture on the handles is awful and the dpad, while feeling great, makes an annoying click
  • Power cable ridiculously short, an absolute joke
So, I wanted a game and I'm trying to stay digital on Xbox now. Criteria were, not on Gamepass as I'm not decided on it yet, not too expensive and X|S Enhanced. The winner was Mortal Shell.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Got my Series X yesterday. First impressions:

• Setting up via the smartphone app was really good but even after it's all set up, the icon in the app still says I have no console set up
  • The console itself looks fantastic
  • GUI already experienced on my Xbone and I still prefer it over the previous version
  • Plugging in my external drives from the Xbone and having my games ready to go is awesome
  • Controller very disappointing. Feels solid enough but the plastic looks very cheap, the texture on the handles is awful and the dpad, while feeling great, makes an annoying click
  • Power cable ridiculously short, an absolute joke
So, I wanted a game and I'm trying to stay digital on Xbox now. Criteria were, not on Gamepass as I'm not decided on it yet, not too expensive and X|S Enhanced. The winner was Mortal Shell.
The texture on the controller is the best part!

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
After finally tracking down a Series X, I have to say, I am so happy to have Atmos back for my audio. The separation and clarity is so good. I love my PS5, but Atmos enabled games will be played on XSX for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the series s so far but... no standard Bluetooth so I cannot use my BT speakers.

Also wish more games had mouse and keyboard support. Their pc versions do, like doom eternal, for example.

Should be fine to hold me over til I get a gpu though I find myself playing games I already can and do play on my pc lol.

May 14, 2021
I recently bought a Series X, but I'm having a problem with the controller. The black one that came with it and the red one I bought both are registering extra presses when I hit the A button, or sometimes it doesn't register a press at all. Amazon was nice enough to replace just the controller and not make me wait for a console restock, and also exchanged the red controller. Both new ones do the same thing. It's really noticeable in Tetris Effect, and is constantly ruining good runs I'm having. Is this actually a console problem or are there just a lot of poorly made controllers, or do I have really bad luck? I tried using a usb C cable to play wired instead but the problem persisted.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I recently bought a Series X, but I'm having a problem with the controller. The black one that came with it and the red one I bought both are registering extra presses when I hit the A button, or sometimes it doesn't register a press at all. Amazon was nice enough to replace just the controller and not make me wait for a console restock, and also exchanged the red controller. Both new ones do the same thing. It's really noticeable in Tetris Effect, and is constantly ruining good runs I'm having. Is this actually a console problem or are there just a lot of poorly made controllers, or do I have really bad luck? I tried using a usb C cable to play wired instead but the problem persisted.
Did you make any changes at the OS level for controllers, such as the Accessories app?

I have several controllers over the years, as well as two new ones and even Series 1 and 2 Elites. None do this.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Going offline crapped out when I needed to use it to play Series X. It kept telling me to sign in to that account that I had a subscription in when I already was. After getting internet back, I went to the subscription section and tried going offline and it seemed to work. Well see what happens next time I actually want to use it.

The Show had a different error about making it My Home xbox... and it already was.
Now after booting it up in offline mode, "sign in and renew the subscription" for Maneater.

Last edited:

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States

That's weird, 4 for 4 on the same defect seems like maybe there's something else going on? I've had 9 different Xbox controllers across One, Series S|X, and Elite 2, and never experienced this including with Tetris Effect (Series and Elite controllers).

May 14, 2021
That's weird, 4 for 4 on the same defect seems like maybe there's something else going on? I've had 9 different Xbox controllers across One, Series S|X, and Elite 2, and never experienced this including with Tetris Effect (Series and Elite controllers).
I assumed WiFi interference, so I removed it from the equation, yet still an issue.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I'm inviting trouble now, but after a good few weeks with my series x I'm impressed by how stable the experience is. I would have frequent lock ups with my one x, or freezes in game (the one where the picture would lock and the sound would go nuts) but I haven't had a single episode of this thus far on the new console. Also quick resume has been unexpectedly solid as well. I've only played a couple of games, but it hasn't let me down once.

Hypertrooper

Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking for an audio partner for my Xbox Series X, but I am not sure what the best wireless headset for the Xbox Series X is. I was thinking about the Beoplay Portal since it could replace my Sony WH-1000MX3 headset for work, but I do not find many impressions of it. I'm interested if it is even usable for PS5.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for an audio partner for my Xbox Series X, but I am not sure what the best wireless headset for the Xbox Series X is. I was thinking about the Beoplay Portal since it could replace my Sony WH-1000MX3 headset for work, but I do not find many impressions of it. I'm interested if it is even usable for PS5.
Steelseries Arctis 7X

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I'm inviting trouble now, but after a good few weeks with my series x I'm impressed by how stable the experience is. I would have frequent lock ups with my one x, or freezes in game (the one where the picture would lock and the sound would go nuts) but I haven't had a single episode of this thus far on the new console. Also quick resume has been unexpectedly solid as well. I've only played a couple of games, but it hasn't let me down once.

Stay on the stable channel and away from Insider and I think most people have a really good experience with the box. It hurts that some times really awesome features are readily available in testing within a few clicks, but after my experiences doing so last-gen, I'm sticking with the "ready" releases. They're usually only a month or two away from release from testing channels anyway.

My Series X experience has been rock solid. The only issues I have with it at this point are non-game related edge-case media stuff. But I "solved" those issues by getting an Nvidia Shield anyway (and it's worth saying those edge-cases are closer to perfect than they've ever been even so). If they ever do fix those things in software eventually, all the better.

Kids don't know how good they have it lol - the S/X boxes are bonkers good.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
If I paid the license for atmos on my one x will that carry over to series x?

Edit: found the answer

Last edited:

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Talking about Conker, why hasn't Microsoft included Live & Reloaded on game pass or Rare Replay? I don't get it.

I was thinking the exact same the other day. Looking at the Game Pass, I was seeing all the Banjoo games and Perfect Dark available outside of the Rare Replay, so I checked for Conkers, but nothing. Checked for the Live and Reloaded, it was on the Store but not on the Game Pass, weird. Maybe they forgot about it?

Then I downloaded Rare Replay from the Game Pass and Conkers was there. Not sure if it's better to play it with this or on a emulator, but so far it's been working well.