• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else miss the "Watch" tab on peoples profile? I used to love going to a friends profile and skimming through there most recent captures and clips. Seemed like a major part of the social network for Live. No one really goes out of their way to upload and share clips so the whole feature is kind of dying off. Also that stuff just gets lost in the activity feed among dumb achievements. They should have some sort of showcase on your profile to display all your curated clips. My two cents.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
My Game Pass Ultimate subscription ends in a week. What's the cheapest way for me to extend my subscription for a year? I assume I should let it expire, then buy a year of Gold ($55 at Costco), activate it, and then buy a month of Game Pass Ultimate, which would then convert all 13 months?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
My Game Pass Ultimate subscription ends in a week. What's the cheapest way for me to extend my subscription for a year? I assume I should let it expire, then buy a year of Gold ($55 at Costco), activate it, and then buy a month of Game Pass Ultimate, which would then convert all 13 months?
Yes. Cheaper if you do the Brazilian vpn cdkeys method but that's only gonna save you about $10. You'd be better off getting 3 years and converting if you can. 3 years brazil method is about $130

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017

Not sure if its the same in your local but for me in UK, EA Access method worked out well if you can find them cheap. A years worth of EA Access converts to 4 months GamePass Ultimate.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my XSX (finally). Anyway, for some reason. games on my download queue are not downloading automatically. Any ideas?

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
There a few resources that lists all the SX enhanced games (on Era and Xbox.com). However, I'm overwhelmed by those comprehensive lists. Is there a short list of highly acclaimed games (by critics, the community, or both) that I can equip myself with? I just finished setting up my XSX and about to dive into the Game Pass library, and I'm eager to have a compass lol.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else miss the "Watch" tab on peoples profile? I used to love going to a friends profile and skimming through there most recent captures and clips. Seemed like a major part of the social network for Live. No one really goes out of their way to upload and share clips so the whole feature is kind of dying off. Also that stuff just gets lost in the activity feed among dumb achievements. They should have some sort of showcase on your profile to display all your curated clips. My two cents.
That would honestly be a great addition, would love to pick clips to share on my profile!

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Finally getting around to setting up my xbox series s. I knew it was small but holy crap. It looks almost comical next to my PS5.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love my two purchases for my family last Fall.

The Series S coupled with my 2020 6 Series TCL has been awesome. The Xbox OS being able to detect all my TV settings and my TV auto going into game mode when a game launches is awesome.

My family can't say enough good things about it all. I'm supposedly like 70% of the way through Jedi FO, and it's been an absolute joy. Quick resume rules. HDR is nice. The console is quiet, and super small and sleek. SSD is a godsend.

This has probably been my fav launch hardware since like the GameCube/OG Xbox launch.

Also while some on Era decry it's existence the Series S is gonna be a fucking redonkulous proposition if they can price drop it down to $250 or even $200 on sale as this gen goes on.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to pick up a Series S plus 3 months Gamepass Ultimate from Curry's here in the UK for about £270 as a Gamepass / Backwards compatible machine as my "main" console is my PS5

Really impressed with this little box! I had an Xbox One X but this is great!

Love that it's so small! I've got it hooked up to my 1440p monitor

Quick resume is awesome! Was playing a game went to the Home Screen then turned off my Xbox came back 2 hours later, booted the game back up and boom right where I left off no problem!

Been playing Outriders as well on it and it's great, sadly some screen tearing in cutscenes here and there but it's not enough to really distract me

Oh and it's super quiet!

Overall super happy with this purchase!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I love my two purchases for my family last Fall.

The Series S coupled with my 2020 6 Series TCL has been awesome. The Xbox OS being able to detect all my TV settings and my TV auto going into game mode when a game launches is awesome.

My family can't say enough good things about it all. I'm supposedly like 70% of the way through Jedi FO, and it's been an absolute joy. Quick resume rules. HDR is nice. The console is quiet, and super small and sleek. SSD is a godsend.

This has probably been my fav launch hardware since like the GameCube/OG Xbox launch.

Also while some on Era decry it's existence the Series S is gonna be a fucking redonkulous proposition if they can price drop it down to $250 or even $200 on sale as this gen goes on.
I agree. If there's any console that will get a price cut as time goes on it'll be the S, I think. Phil's mentioned how yields and production isn't like the old days where a $399 xbox can end up at $199 or lower by the end of the gen with hardware revisions.

But a $50 years from now drop or sooner rather just bundled in game pass / holiday skus will sell gangbusters.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
[/QUOTE]

They do in the new app, it's called 'highlights'
They appear there when you share clips/screenshots to your profile.

Apparently anyway, I don't use it but it's there in the new app.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
For the past few days, when I turn my Xbox on, it is always prompting me to enter my Microsoft password. I don't have any sign on requirements enabled in settings. If I change it to require pass key, it will prompt for pass key, and then also prompt for password. Does anyone know how to disable this behavior?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Which Wolfenstein game would look / perform better on my Series S? I don't think they'd be enhanced in any way, so I guess my question would be the same if I had a XBO ;(

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Which Wolfenstein game would look / perform better on my Series S? I don't think they'd be enhanced in any way, so I guess my question would be the same if I had a XBO ;(

I believe Wolfenstein 2 (and Youngblood) use ID tech 6's Dynamic Resolution Scaling to maintain 60fps, so at the very least it should be a locked 1080p on Series S, or pretty close to it. Framerate should also be much closer to a locked 60fps.

On base Xbox One, although the upper bound for resolution was 1080p, it rarely if ever hit it and I think it actually ran closer to 720-900p most of the time.

Also the Series S adds x16 AF.

Last edited:

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone have issues with fan noise? My Series X fan kicks into over drive when I'm playing a game and it's in a pretty open spot.

Oct 28, 2017
They do in the new app, it's called 'highlights'
They appear there when you share clips/screenshots to your profile.

Apparently anyway, I don't use it but it's there in the new app.
Im looking at this now its pretty much what i'm talking about. It still is only the stuff people "share" and not just a stream of uploads like it use to be. It says i have some in my highlights but its basically just my clips i uploaded to the activity feed. This should be at least on the console.

Last edited:

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So I haven't had my Series X for long but today I purchased Lightning Returns and installed it. When I got to launch it, it acts like I down own it even though it's my purchase history and I've been charged. Anything I can do?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is it possible to manage individual Xbox 360 game saves? I loaded up fable anniversary this morning and I noticed it prompted me to save it in the cloud? How the heck do I get at those saves?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is it possible to manage individual Xbox 360 game saves? I loaded up fable anniversary this morning and I noticed it prompted me to save it in the cloud? How the heck do I get at those saves?
I think you can manage the 360 cloud saves from any Xbox 360 game from the Guide (press Menu + View at the same time).

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So I haven't had my Series X for long but today I purchased Lightning Returns and installed it. When I got to launch it, it acts like I down own it even though it's my purchase history and I've been charged. Anything I can do?

Looked around and tried all the fixes including resetting the console.

Tried to reinstall but now when I click the game it only gives me an option to buy again. My account has been charged and both on the Xbox and on my PC it shows up in the order history.

Absolutely awful experience and probably put me off purchasing anything else on the series X and will only use it for Game Pass.

Oct 25, 2017

Tried to reinstall but now when I click the game it only gives me an option to buy again. My account has been charged and both on the Xbox and on my PC it shows up in the order history.

Absolutely awful experience and probably put me off purchasing anything else on the series X and will only use it for Game Pass.
That's odd. As long as you're logged in or the system is set as your home system, there shouldn't be any issues.

Oct 28, 2020

I can't find the post I'm thinking of but someone on here had a similar problem as you recently. Some problem that seems to affect certain 360 games IIRC. I believe support sorted it out for them.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, tried everything, setting as home system, power cycle, hard reset and the last thing to attempt was to reinstall but it won't even let me do that. I went ahead and requested a refund.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I'm planning on getting a Series X for my friend and I want to set it up as my home console without opening the box myself. I'm sure neither one of us wants to be in each other's household due to COVID, though. Would I be able to set up their console as my home console remotely? Their X1 is already set up as my home console, so maybe that would help my situation?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm planning on getting a Series X for my friend and I want to set it up as my home console without opening the box myself. I'm sure neither one of us wants to be in each other's household due to COVID, though. Would I be able to set up their console as my home console remotely? Their X1 is already set up as my home console, so maybe that would help my situation?
No you need to have access to the device itself to set it as the home console.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017

you could ask support. I get your frustration but the drama is a bit much lol

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Ah. I'd rather have had them open the box for themselves, but I'm sure they'd agree that gamesharing would be a much better deal than being the first person to open a box.

If they are your friend and you trust them, just keep the box sealed and give them your log in details to change the friends SX to your home console.

I'd assume they'd have to have access to your log in details for game sharing at some point anyway?

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
If they are your friend and you trust them, just keep the box sealed and give them your log in details to change the friends SX to your home console.

I'd assume they'd have to have access to your log in details for game sharing at some point anyway?

No, I gave them my old X1 a few years ago, and I left that X1 as my home console for them. And yeah, I guess I can give them my log in details. It's not that I don't trust them, though; I just don't trust that the log in details won't be intercepted somehow, though I guess that's just me being overly cautious/paranoid.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
No, I gave them my old X1 a few years ago, and I left that X1 as my home console for them. And yeah, I guess I can give them my log in details. It's not that I don't trust them, though; I just don't trust that the log in details won't be intercepted somehow, though I guess that's just me being overly cautious/paranoid.

If trusting your friend isn't the issue, then just text them the details via iMessage or WhatsApp. Both are encrypted but the latter allows you to delete sent messages, which will disappear from the sender and recipients screen.

So once they are logged in, just delete the message and explain why. If you have 2FA enabled on your account, your account should be safe anyway.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, tried everything, setting as home system, power cycle, hard reset and the last thing to attempt was to reinstall but it won't even let me do that. I went ahead and requested a refund.
That's so weird.

Also, did you use Marketplace.xbox.com or the Microsoft.com store, or the console?

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
If trusting your friend isn't the issue, then just text them the details via iMessage or WhatsApp. Both are encrypted but the latter allows you to delete sent messages, which will disappear from the sender and recipients screen.

So once they are logged in, just delete the message and explain why. If you have 2FA enabled on your account, your account should be safe anyway.

I do have 2FA enabled, but I'll still see about deleting sent messages. Thanks for the tips!

OscarK

Developer at Xbox
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

If it is okay, I will reach out privately to ask some questions so we can more directly investigate what went wrong here.

iLorah

Oct 31, 2017
Did anyone pick up an S after the X? I know it's a 'first world problem' but I don't like lugging the Series X from my office to bedroom to play at night and I'm thinking of picking up an S. The series X will go in my room with a 4K TV when I get one soon and S will stay in the office on a 1080P monitor. Am I likely to see a huge difference between the two? (Not 4k/1080p difference just.. chugging or slowness in comparison?) I'm not really prepared to get another series X haha!

Dec 11, 2017
Did anyone pick up an S after the X? I know it's a 'first world problem' but I don't like lugging the Series X from my office to bedroom to play at night and I'm thinking of picking up an S. The series X will go in my room with a 4K TV when I get one soon and S will stay in the office on a 1080P monitor. Am I likely to see a huge difference between the two? (Not 4k/1080p difference just.. chugging or slowness in comparison?) I'm not really prepared to get another series X haha!

I half regret nabbing the PS5 when I did. I think I would have been better served with an X and S combo.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
In terms of snappiness in the UI and loading they are the same. You may experience different framerate caps or perf in some back compat games, but seeing as it's a 1080p monitor I think you'll be totally fine.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Did this last week to have one at my desk if the TV is being used/easy for traveling and what not. I truly cannot believe how small it is... I love it. And hardly notice a difference compared to the X, though I've only really played Halo on it so far.