• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Matesamo

Nov 1, 2017
Rhode Island
I got a Series X on launch day and love the console. Ordered a Series S for the basement on a lark (I had an Xbox One and One X down there already) when they popped in stock at Wal-Mart. Really impressed with the S, it is a nice machine for the price and once I got used to the faster load times and new controllers I quickly sold the Ones to pu for another S. Microsoft has got me, lol.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Was there a Hitman 1 & 2 pack? 2 is on sale but I remember reading it somewhere and was on sale during black Friday?

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
Does anyone know if Hitman 3 on Xbox will support mouse and keyboard?

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Is Xbox Live having issues? My son can't hear his party and when I try to connect to his it just says connecting endlessly. Neither of our mics are working. Tested them on my PC and they're fine.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
My white Xbox Series S controller has a very loud squeak every time I use the right trigger now. Anyone else experience this with their new controllers?

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
JFC.

I'm carrying the team in Gears 5. I have double the points and kills with barely death. I wipe their whole team and system freezes. Now I'm banned.

Fffffffff.

I got to submit a report and the disc drive starts spinning.

Cmon this is bogus.

Instead of ranking up I get ranked down.

b5a0a5f5-527a-4698-8437-03b296b4b707.PNG

Last edited:

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
JFC.

I'm carrying the team in Gears 5. I have double the points and kills with barely death. I wipe their whole team and system freezes. Now I'm banned.

Fffffffff.

I got to submit a report and the disc drive starts spinning.

Cmon this is bogus.

Instead of ranking up I get ranked down.

b5a0a5f5-527a-4698-8437-03b296b4b707.PNG
how long does the ban last?

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think we're ~2 years off from getting 2TB expansion drives? I have a $100 gift card and was wondering if it was worth buying the current 1tb drive. It's super expensive but it would only be $120 out of pocket.

Oct 27, 2017
The external drive prices are pricey. I was originally going to get an expansion drive for my series X and a series s and then I realized I might as well just get another series X instead it's the same amount of money. Yeah I guess I lose a half a terabyte of memory but I have two series Xs instead. For the same price (actually a little less) as I was going to spend for a Series X a Series S and a 1tb expansion. I figured I wasn't going to keep all the same games on each console so it made it a little bit more manageable between the two.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
Do you guys think we're ~2 years off from getting 2TB expansion drives? I have a $100 gift card and was wondering if it was worth buying the current 1tb drive. It's super expensive but it would only be $120 out of pocket.

Storage tends to drop in price fairly quickly. This might not be the case, given that these are proprietary drives, but right now they're priced reasonably fairly. I would not be surprised if the 1TB cards are substantially cheaper and/or we have 2TB cards for the price of the 1TB now by the end of the year.

Solsc

Oct 29, 2017
I think quick resume is a great concept, but I wish they would turn it off until it works 100% of the time.

I have been having so many issues with quick resume when playing Immortals Fenyx Rising it's getting to the point of being a nuisance.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I think quick resume is a great concept, but I wish they would turn it off until it works 100% of the time.

I have been having so many issues with quick resume when playing Immortals Fenyx Rising it's getting to the point of being a nuisance.
I just finished Immortals Fenyx Rising with over 82-hours in the game and I used QR every time I stopped play and I had zero issues using Quick Resume (unless i was switching Xbox consoles and that is a me problem - game must be closed properly to facilitate switching consoles).

This must make trouble shooting QR issues a nightmare for the developer/Microsoft - everyone is playing the same game on the same two consoles so why is it not a problem for everyone?

Solsc

Oct 29, 2017
I just finished Immortals Fenyx Rising with over 82-hours in the game and I used QR every time I stopped play and I had zero issues using Quick Resume (unless i was switching Xbox consoles and that is a me problem - game must be closed properly to facilitate switching consoles).

This must make trouble shooting QR issues a nightmare for the developer/Microsoft - everyone is playing the same game on the same two consoles so why is it not a problem for everyone?
I'm very jealous of your experience, I've been facing the following issues when quick resuming:

-Game comes back but with no sound (most common)
-Game crashes on launch
-Getting stuck on qr splash screen

All of which require me to force quit the game and restart. I agree, must be a nightmare to fix these issues since they seem to be inconsistent even across the same game.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I've been replaying Dead Cells, even though I played over 100 hours of that game on PS4. Auto HDR makes it look so good. It's perfect for that game, though some areas, like the sky in the Ramparts can be a bit too bright.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
So I let my membership for ultimate expire so I could do the Live conversion. Get the code and I find out I have a past due balance for ultimate and can't redeem the code unless I pay the past due. I do that and only get 4 months for the year live sub. I didn't do it...but does anyone know how to avoid that past due balance when I let it run out again?

Dec 31, 2017
Bring Genshin to these machines Phil!!
Did Sony pay anything to get the game though, I dont think so. I don't see why Xbox would need to beg/pay to get games that other systems get, it's on the dev honestly and there really isn't any reason not to port this game to Xbox, would probably be very profitable and not hard to do.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does quick resume work for The Division 2?
I guess the console can try to load it from Quick Resume, but the game will go back to character selection or even login screen because the server lost the connection to your game while it was not running.
If QR works in this game, the best may be to log out to avoid being booted off when loading the game, saving a bit of time. At least QR should make you avoid the intro videos.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Can anyone with GTA 5 please start it and tell me if you see static in the opening montage (when the sirens are going off).

Nothing I do removes the intermittent crackling audio I hear in the menu system and in some games. It's aggravating me to no end. This is the second XSX that has done it. I changed every cable, took networking out of the equation, used a different power source, went to a family members house and used their tv. Problem never stops. It happens via hdmi audio, headset port on the controller, and wireless audio via the USB port. I see many other people on Reddit and MS own support site but no one has figured it out. The problem goes back to One S and One X, so I have zero hope MS cares about it. I love this console more than my PS5, but I need to return it. MS support was no help at all.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a 3rd party controller for Xbox/PC that has the same functionality as the steam controller triggers? Meaning analog plus a digital click at the end to have two buttons on one trigger?

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
So they said that the series controller remembers multiple devices, how does this work ? I would like to use it on the phone and Xbox without repairing

Apollo123

Banned
Dec 19, 2020
Can anyone with GTA 5 please start it and tell me if you see static in the opening montage (when the sirens are going off).

Nothing I do removes the intermittent crackling audio I hear in the menu system and in some games. It's aggravating me to no end. This is the second XSX that has done it. I changed every cable, took networking out of the equation, used a different power source, went to a family members house and used their tv. Problem never stops. It happens via hdmi audio, headset port on the controller, and wireless audio via the USB port. I see many other people on Reddit and MS own support site but no one has figured it out. The problem goes back to One S and One X, so I have zero hope MS cares about it. I love this console more than my PS5, but I need to return it. MS support was no help at all.
Why would you return it? It just sounds like a small compatibility glitch.
If it doesn't affect the game why let it bothers you?

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017

what do you have your audio output format set to in the system settings? sometimes atmos mode gives me weird audio glitches that go away immediately if I just swap it to normal 5.1. interestingly enough I haven't had this issue on XSX yet but it plagued me on both one s and one x

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
what do you have your audio output format set to in the system settings? sometimes atmos mode gives me weird audio glitches that go away immediately if I just swap it to normal 5.1. interestingly enough I haven't had this issue on XSX yet but it plagued me on both one s and one x
I've tried every video mode and every audio mode. Same issue persists. I've tried wireless on, wireless off, 5ghz network, 2.4ghz network, wired network, no change.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017

Microsoft is just terrible when it comes to audio on their consoles.

Xbox One S/X simply could not process their Atmos upmixing tech properly and choked( especially in BC games )... it's mostly fixed on XSX but still not good enough. Their own Halo MCC has crackling audio in it's damn intro video file and menus.

It was worse at launch and i think they fixed some issues with first firmware update but it's still not there, and some games just do not deal with audio properly( Halo MCC, Watch Dogs Legion )

I think they just do not dedicate enough CPU resources to audio processing or something else of this kind...